UKIP watch

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: UKIP watch

#661  Postby Fallible » Nov 23, 2014 9:16 pm

Why have you decided to completely misrepresent what I said, especially when the original is directly above? I said literally nothing about UKIP itself. UKIP can go die in a ditch. It's simply wrong to say that people don't vote UKIP for policies on anything other than hating foreigners. We've been here before, yet you keep trotting out the same old shit like no one said anything.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#662  Postby surreptitious57 » Nov 23, 2014 10:12 pm

mrjonno wrote:
UKIP is an ordinary party with reasonable people with ordinary
concerns and not just a 21st century brown shirt fascist movement

Given what happened to them it is not a very flattering comparison but nor is it remotely accurate either
And so if you really must use an historical analogy then at least try to use one which has some relevance
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#663  Postby mrjonno » Nov 23, 2014 10:34 pm

Well a better comparison might be Putin's Russia, a country that can't handle no longer being an empire or world power looking for a strong man and someone to blame for all their problems.

No coincidence that Farage and UKIP supporters are such a big supporter of him
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#664  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 24, 2014 2:12 am

mrjonno wrote:
Fallible wrote:
mrjonno wrote:Somehow I don't think people vote UKIP for policies on the NHS (or in fact policies on anything bar hating foreigners)

Well they do, as I've already told you.

Yes if you say so, UKIP is an ordinary party with reasonable people with ordinary concerns and not just a 21st century brown shirt fascist movement

You have got it all wrong. They are sweet little Englanders wanting to preserve the English way of life. Stopping all those horrible horrible little European foreigners is the least they can do.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#665  Postby mrjonno » Nov 24, 2014 9:41 am

Main reason people vote UKIP

1) Brown people with headscarfs and strange clothes let in by the EU
2) Don't like listening to languages other than English in the high street
3) Strange foods being sold in the shops especially vegetables (curries are ok they are English)
4) You are a low skilled/no skilled failure who can't complete with people who come from far worse backgrounds than you but want to make a go of things
5) All the above

That's it, anyone who thinks UKIP supporters vote on any other basis are in complete denial, they are underclass failures who 'love their country' because they have never achieved any thing else in their life worth loving
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#666  Postby Briton » Nov 24, 2014 9:49 am

mrjonno wrote:Main reason people vote UKIP

3) Strange foods being sold in the shops especially vegetables (curries are ok they are English)
4) You are a low skilled/no skilled failure who can't complete with people who come from far worse backgrounds than you but want to make a go of things
5) All the above

That's it, anyone who thinks UKIP supporters vote on any other basis are in complete denial, they are underclass failures who 'love their country' because they have never achieved any thing else in their life worth loving

Simplistic nonsense. If people like that were the only people supporting UKIP they'd be polling at similar levels to those that the BNP were before UKIP took their support.
Briton

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#667  Postby mrjonno » Nov 24, 2014 9:59 am

What makes you think there weren't 25% of the population who would have supported the BNP if to do so wasn't so embarrassing?

UKIP are the BNP with better PR simple as that
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#668  Postby ED209 » Nov 24, 2014 10:07 am

So why are people voting ukip if not xenophobia? To privatise / not privatise the NHS, introduce flat income tax (or maybe not), or as jez suggests to legalise drugs or maybe not who can bothered to see whether they have an actual policy or not (probably not).

And we are meant to take the opinions people voting for this incoherent mess of no substance at all seriously? Pfft.
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#669  Postby Fallible » Nov 24, 2014 10:09 am

Taking my parents as an example,

mrjonno wrote:Main reason people vote UKIP

Wrong. They've lived in areas with many ''brown people with headscarfs' [sic] for a long time and have always previously voted Labour.

Wrong, as above.

Wrong, as above.

Wrong, my parents are both retired working class people from full-time jobs which gave them pensions, having left school at 15.

5) All the above

Wrong, as above.

That's it, anyone who thinks UKIP supporters vote on any other basis are in complete denial,

Someone is in complete denial when they stick to their pre-formed narrative about how things are despite evidence to the contrary. That better describes you than me, since we've been here before and you've conceded, only to go straight back to your previous Jackanory style reasoning on this issue.

they are underclass failures who 'love their country' because they have never achieved any thing else in their life worth loving

Again, this is wrong with regard to my parents. They are not 'underclass failures'. They're two people who left school at 15, got work and continued to work for several decades before reaching retirement age. Now given your view that retired people are usually sitting on piles of cash and whooping it up in stately homes, how does that square with your puerile nonsense about 'underclass'? There are no doubt many people who fall into the categories listed above, but to try to say that every UKIP voter does is simply wrong, and you have not a hope in hell of being able to show it to be right. Your comments are infantile.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#670  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 24, 2014 10:11 am

mrjonno wrote:What makes you think there weren't 25% of the population who would have supported the BNP if to do so wasn't so embarrassing?

UKIP are the BNP with better PR simple as that

Garage has managed to keep the fascist aspects of Ukip under wraps. The BNP was a pure fascist party and made no bones about. Ukip is BNP without the obvious physical fascist paraphernalia. This is why more people feel comfortable voting for them. Fascism without the flags.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#671  Postby Fallible » Nov 24, 2014 10:15 am

ED209 wrote:So why are people voting ukip if not xenophobia? To privatise / not privatise the NHS, introduce flat income tax (or maybe not), or as jez suggests to legalise drugs or maybe not who can bothered to see whether they have an actual policy or not (probably not).

And we are meant to take the opinions people voting for this incoherent mess of no substance at all seriously? Pfft.

For my parents, it's because they feel they are at least different from the other three. I think they're both out of their fucking trees, but there you go. I thought hell would freeze over before I saw either of them vote for that shower of cunts. They're old, in my view seriously misguided, my mum certainly is naive. What they are not is xenophobic, I say this on the basis of having known them for 41 years.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#672  Postby mrjonno » Nov 24, 2014 10:17 am

I don't think Farage does hide anything, Farage as a fascist has a lot of support as quite simply a significant percentage of the British population are racist bigot failures with nothing worthwhile in their lives
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#673  Postby Fallible » Nov 24, 2014 10:20 am

No one said otherwise. The problem is you're trying to say that ALL UKIP voters fall into this category which, as I said, they don't.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#674  Postby mrjonno » Nov 24, 2014 10:25 am

Fallible wrote:No one said otherwise. The problem is you're trying to say that ALL UKIP voters fall into this category which, as I said, they don't.

Most do, and the rest are quite happy to associate with people who are , no exceptions

My mother who I love is a racist (she doesn't vote UKIP) but is quite happy to have every Arab in the world exterminated. I not going to defend her just because she is relative
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#675  Postby Fallible » Nov 24, 2014 10:38 am

mrjonno wrote:
Fallible wrote:No one said otherwise. The problem is you're trying to say that ALL UKIP voters fall into this category which, as I said, they don't.

Most do, and the rest are quite happy to associate with people who are , no exceptions

Goal post shift to a different claim you can't substantiate.

My mother who I love is a racist (she doesn't vote UKIP) but is quite happy to have every Arab in the world exterminated. I not going to defend her just because she is relative

Good for you. What has that got to do with anything?
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#676  Postby ED209 » Nov 24, 2014 10:40 am

Fallible wrote:
ED209 wrote:So why are people voting ukip if not xenophobia? To privatise / not privatise the NHS, introduce flat income tax (or maybe not), or as jez suggests to legalise drugs or maybe not who can bothered to see whether they have an actual policy or not (probably not).

For my parents, it's because they feel they are at least different from the other three. I think they're both out of their fucking trees, but there you go. I thought hell would freeze over before I saw either of them vote for that shower of cunts. They're old, in my view seriously misguided, my mum certainly is naive. What they are not is xenophobic, I say this on the basis of having known them for 41 years.

So are the greens, MRLP, and any number of little parties and independents. The greens at least have a set of policies. Why vote for a party unless you can point to something they actually say or stand for and say 'I agree with that'?

The main difference between ukip and the torydems that I can see is that ukip is open about what they think about immigration. What else do they offer?
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#677  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 24, 2014 10:44 am

mrjonno wrote:I don't think Farage does hide anything, Farage as a fascist has a lot of support as quite simply a significant percentage of the British population are racist bigot failures with nothing worthwhile in their lives

Never seen a Ukip fascist rally yet with some form of pseudo swastika. I think plenty just follow what the British press say. They are brain washed by the red tops.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#678  Postby Fallible » Nov 24, 2014 10:47 am

ED209 wrote:
Fallible wrote:

So are the greens, MRLP, and any number of little parties and independents. The greens at least have a set of policies. Why vote for a party unless you can point to something they actually say or stand for and say 'I agree with that'?

The main difference between ukip and the torydems that I can see is that ukip is open about what they think about immigration. What else do they offer?

I'd vote for practically any other party as well, if all I wanted was something different. However I'm not an octogenarian slowly turning senile or a septuagenarian who has just followed what the octogenarian does for most of my life. I'm not saying they've thought this crap through, they clearly haven't. My only complaint here is that they're not members of the racist 'underclass', and they're unlikely to be the only ones who aren't, but who also vote UKIP. I hate UKIP, I always will, they are a vile collection of bigoted fuckwits who should never be let anywhere near 10 Downing Street. Many of the people who vote for them display similar characteristics. However it is just not accurate to claim they all are. It is also not accurate to insinuate that I'm just trying to defend my parents because I am related to them, and they are racist fuckwits really.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#679  Postby mrjonno » Nov 24, 2014 10:53 am

It's impossible to not be aware of what UKIP is like, anyone who votes for them is happy to associate with racist fuckwits. The difference between racists and those who associate with them is purely academic
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#680  Postby Fallible » Nov 24, 2014 10:55 am

Just keep saying stuff, because everyone knows that makes it true.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs