Why can't the left and the right talk to each other?

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Why can't the left and the right talk to each other?

#81  Postby ggorlock » Mar 05, 2020 10:51 pm

felltoearth wrote:
ggorlock wrote:
NineBerry wrote:Posting images from googling is not "talking to each other".

An image speaks a thousand words my friend. Like I say, nice try. At this point it's clear that you know precisely what I'm talking about. You know very well that I could very easily show you images that any normal person would consider totally inappropriate. You don't want to show me carnival images because you know that I'll show something far worse.

Felltoearth, have you ever seen children dancing sexually and being egged on during superbowl? How about dildos being waved around? What about men dressed in gimp suits or walking on all fours on a leash, almost naked? And what about people walking around almost completely naked?

Dishonest, cowardly lefties.

Dildos! OMG! Won’t somebody think of the children?!

Doesn’t take much to trigger righty snowflakes.

Actually it makes gays look stupid. If they want to be taken seriously, crawling on the floor in a gimp suit isn't exactly the way to do it.
ggorlock
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#82  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 05, 2020 10:52 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
ggorlock wrote:This isn't my first rodeo my friend, I know how these leftie and atheist forums work.

Soooooo. You know how forums work, and that's why you're begging to have the rules suspended on your behalf. You've made an old brand of idiocy new again.

Missed this the first time.
I am not your friend. That would require knowing, trusting and liking you.
You haven't even crossed the first line, let alone the other two.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#83  Postby felltoearth » Mar 05, 2020 10:54 pm

ggorlock wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
ggorlock wrote:

An image speaks a thousand words my friend. Like I say, nice try. At this point it's clear that you know precisely what I'm talking about. You know very well that I could very easily show you images that any normal person would consider totally inappropriate. You don't want to show me carnival images because you know that I'll show something far worse.

Felltoearth, have you ever seen children dancing sexually and being egged on during superbowl? How about dildos being waved around? What about men dressed in gimp suits or walking on all fours on a leash, almost naked? And what about people walking around almost completely naked?

Actually it makes gays look stupid. If they want to be taken seriously, crawling on the floor in a gimp suit isn't exactly the way to do it.

A parade isn’t intended to make anyone look smart. Stay on the farm if you find it disturbing.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#84  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 05, 2020 10:56 pm

ggorlock wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
ggorlock wrote:

Follow me here...could it be that when folks are dressed up in gimp suits crawling on the floor, they aren't trying to be taken seriously?

Do you think that maybe your idea of what gay pride is might be a little one dimensional and...Breitbarty?
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#85  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 05, 2020 10:56 pm

ggorlock wrote:I'm getting mixed signals. Are you people desperate to hear my views or do you not give a fuck? Make up your mind.

But if you do want to know what I really think, I'm going to need a guarantee from whoever runs this place that I won't get banned for saying exactly what I want to say, exactly how I want to say it. You want an honest discussion? You'll get it in spades.

An honest discussion requires none of the bannable offences listed in the FUA, in other words you continue to dodge and troll. :coffee:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#86  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 05, 2020 10:58 pm

ggorlock wrote:
laklak wrote:You aren't going to get one. If you can't express your opinions without violating the rather liberal FUA then you'll just have to shut the fuck up.

Yes, they are rather liberal, aren't they? How convenient. Oh well I guess I won't be able to express opinions that go against the holy church of leftism.

Either you don't understand the word liberal in the context of laklak's sentence or you're acting deliberately obtuse/dishonest here.
Which is it?

ggorlock wrote:
Hey, you want to know what I really think of gay pride and why it does gay people a disservice? Ooops, sorry, I can't tell you because I'll get banned for being "homophobic".

More impotent posturing, ie trolling. :coffee:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#87  Postby Spinozasgalt » Mar 05, 2020 10:59 pm

ggorlock wrote:Gay pride was supposed to simply be something to show other people that it's ok to be gay (pardon the pun :) ). Most folks don't have an issue with that. But now it's become a disgusting embarrassment.

No, it was not. Pride started precisely as the opposite of that sort of respectability politics. No "kink" at Pride just means no Pride, because the goalposts for what "kink" is move and move until trans people can't be there and we can't even kiss and hold hands when children are around. We are the kink to conservatives and religious nuts. We are the depravity.

And plenty of people have a problem with us being gay. I can't hold hands with a guy in many places because there's a significant risk someone will attack us or harass us.

Fuck respectability. If you don't want to see pups and leather daddies and drag, don't come to Pride.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#88  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 05, 2020 10:59 pm

ggorlock wrote:Every single one of you agrees with the rules here that prevent me from expressing exactly what I want to say, in the way that I want to say it. Hive mind.

So you assert but fail to demonstrate. Very lame trolling. :coffee:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#89  Postby laklak » Mar 05, 2020 11:00 pm

It's really pretty simple, you know, just don't go to a pride march and you won't have to be disgusted and get your fee fees all hurted. Don't google it and look at the images. Drag Wednesday is probably out, too, despite the drink specials. Shame, there's a Cher who's really good.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#90  Postby ggorlock » Mar 05, 2020 11:04 pm

Spinozasgalt wrote:
ggorlock wrote:Gay pride was supposed to simply be something to show other people that it's ok to be gay (pardon the pun :) ). Most folks don't have an issue with that. But now it's become a disgusting embarrassment.

No, it was not. Pride started precisely as the opposite of that sort of respectability politics. No "kink" at Pride just means no Pride, because the goalposts for what "kink" is move and move until trans people can't be there and we can't even kiss and hold hands when children are around. We are the kink to conservatives and religious nuts. We are the depravity.

And plenty of people have a problem with us being gay. I can't hold hands with a guy in many places because there's a significant risk someone will attack us or harass us.

Fuck respectability. If you don't want to see pups and leather daddies and drag, don't come to Pride.

Ok fine. Fuck respectability. But don't be surprised when real homophobes look at you and see you in a way that will make them hate you more. And don't think for one moment that only straight people could see it this way. There are plenty of gay people who think it's embarrassing and damaging in terms of reputation. You're really not helping yourselves. Remember when gays used to complain about being stereotyped? Yeah me too.

But sure, I must be the homophobe for pointing out that your gay pride parades aren't helping your image.
ggorlock
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#91  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 05, 2020 11:07 pm

laklak wrote:It's really pretty simple, you know, just don't go to a pride march and you won't have to be disgusted and get your fee fees all hurted. Don't google it and look at the images. Drag Wednesday is probably out, too, despite the drink specials. Shame, there's a Cher who's really good.

No no, you don't understand, it's really important that ggorlock tells us how he feels about it. It's so important that he whined and shrieked for four pages before unloading it on us. I don't know about you, but it prepared me to be bored and I'm not disappointed.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#92  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 05, 2020 11:09 pm

ggorlock wrote:Ok ok, fine, let's have a discussion. You twisted my arm.

Bullshit. The only one making things difficult has been you.

ggorlock wrote: But remember this one is just a test to see whether or not I'll get banned for expressing an opinion that goes against the holy church of leftism. If it goes well we'll roll it out to other discussions. If I get banned, then I guess I'll be seeing you :), and my point will have been proven. Let's do this.

Oh the poor martyr..... :coffee:

ggorlock wrote:
I think gay pride is a disgusting, degenerate freakshow. I'm not saying every single one of them is,

Then you're contradicting yourself, congrats.

ggorlock wrote:but I've seen many photos of these events in which gays are parading around wearing almost nothing, and in some cases nothing. I've seen them playing with dildos, whips, and other sexual paraphernalia.

Here's the bit where you need to demonstrate that:
A. This is a common occurrence.
and more importantly,
B. How that is harmful.

ggorlock wrote:Have any of you heard of Desmond Is Amazing? I won't go into details of what I think of what's going on there, but I've seen video footage of him and a couple of other kids dancing in a sexual way, encouraged by participants of the event.

Since you once again, offer nothing but vague and unsubstantiated assertions, I see no reason to take your claims seriously. :naughty:

ggorlock wrote:
Gay pride was supposed to simply be something to show other people that it's ok to be gay (pardon the pun :) ).

That's not a pun. :roll:

ggorlock wrote:Most folks don't have an issue with that. But now it's become a disgusting embarrassment.

Except it's not according to you, except when it is. Make up your mind.

ggorlock wrote:Totally inappropriate.

Demonstrate and argue, don't just assert.

ggorlock wrote:and it makes gays look foolish.

The only thing all gay people have in common is attraction to the same gender.
What you're doing is arguing that English soccer hooligans make all English people or all soccer supporters look foolish.

ggorlock wrote: I remember a time when gays seemed to dislike being stereotyped, but this gay pride stuff does just that.

Only to the ignorant and uninformed.

ggorlock wrote:
I've read enough of this forum to know that most of you are at least reasonably intelligent.

Given the lack of intellectual and rational rigour in your posts so far, I see no reason to value your judgement on anyone's intelligence.

ggorlock wrote: So if anyone calls me a homophobe for saying this, then I can only conclude that you're being disingenuous.

QED.
To be disingenuous is to be dishonest. There's nothing dishonest about stating your views, or calling a spade a spade.

ggorlock wrote:No normal person would disagree with any of what I've said.

And that's a facile No True Scotsman fallacy, demonstrating again that you're in no position to judge intelligence.

ggorlock wrote: These are perfectly reasonable views.

Since you failed to present even a single sound argument, let alone evidence, they are anything but reasonable.

ggorlock wrote: And don't give me any of this "not all...not all".

And here you go again, contradicting yourself.

ggorlock wrote: I never said all.

Except that you did:
I think gay pride is a disgusting, degenerate freakshow.

That you then proceeded to contradict yourself in the very next sentence is your problem, not anyone else's.

ggorlock wrote: It's one thing to have fun in public and to assert that your sexuality is ok, but it's another to turn the streets into a sex joint.

Citation missing. :roll:
Last edited by Thomas Eshuis on Mar 05, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#93  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 05, 2020 11:10 pm

ggorlock wrote:Nineberry, not addressing any of the points I made isn't an argument.

Just asserting a bunch of claims isn't an argument either. :naughty:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#94  Postby laklak » Mar 05, 2020 11:12 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
I don't know about you, but it prepared me to be bored and I'm not disappointed.

Yeah it's been pretty meh so far, maybe 2/10.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#95  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 05, 2020 11:13 pm

ggorlock wrote:
Seabass wrote:
ggorlock wrote:Ok ok, fine, let's have a discussion. You twisted my arm. But remember this one is just a test to see whether or not I'll get banned for expressing an opinion that goes against the holy church of leftism. If it goes well we'll roll it out to other discussions. If I get banned, then I guess I'll be seeing you :), and my point will have been proven. Let's do this.

Gay pride.

I think gay pride is a disgusting, degenerate freakshow. I'm not saying every single one of them is, but I've seen many photos of these events in which gays are parading around wearing almost nothing, and in some cases nothing. I've seen them playing with dildos, whips, and other sexual paraphernalia.

Have any of you heard of Desmond Is Amazing? I won't go into details of what I think of what's going on there, but I've seen video footage of him and a couple of other kids dancing in a sexual way, encouraged by participants of the event.

Gay pride was supposed to simply be something to show other people that it's ok to be gay (pardon the pun :) ). Most folks don't have an issue with that. But now it's become a disgusting embarrassment. Totally inappropriate. and it makes gays look foolish. I remember a time when gays seemed to dislike being stereotyped, but this gay pride stuff does just that.

I've read enough of this forum to know that most of you are at least reasonably intelligent. So if anyone calls me a homophobe for saying this, then I can only conclude that you're being disingenuous. No normal person would disagree with any of what I've said. These are perfectly reasonable views. And don't give me any of this "not all...not all". I never said all. It's one thing to have fun in public and to assert that your sexuality is ok, but it's another to turn the streets into a sex joint.

Are you disgusted by Rio Carnival or Mardi Gras?

Dunno. Why don't you show me how degenerate it is.

Why should he, when you've done no such thing for your own claims?

ggorlock wrote:Then get ready for some truly sick images from gay pride that anyone could google.

1. The plural of anecdote is not data.
2. You've yet to demonstrate/soundly argue that it's harmful or wrong.

ggorlock wrote:Calling gay pride parades disgusting is not a sign of homophobia. It's a sign of seeing degeneracy and foolishness and considering it disgusting.

Calling black people disgusting isn't racism. It's a sign of seeing degeneracy and foolishness and considering it disgusting. :roll:

ggorlock wrote: Nice try. Now get on google and show me how bad carnival gets, and then I'll show you something.

You don't get to demand standards of evidence you yourself don't abide by. :naughty:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#96  Postby Spinozasgalt » Mar 05, 2020 11:14 pm

ggorlock wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:

Ok fine. Fuck respectability. But don't be surprised when real homophobes look at you and see you in a way that will make them hate you more. And don't think for one moment that only straight people could see it this way. There are plenty of gay people who think it's embarrassing and damaging in terms of reputation. You're really not helping yourselves. Remember when gays used to complain about being stereotyped? Yeah me too.

But sure, I must be the homophobe for pointing out that your gay pride parades aren't helping your image.

Aha, heard this before. It's actually our fault people stereotype us, harass us, bash us, kill us. If I just wouldn't hold hands with my boyfriend, people wouldn't yell "faggots" in the street, either. I've just gotta stop rubbing it in all your faces.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#97  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 05, 2020 11:15 pm

ggorlock wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:

Ok fine. Fuck respectability. But don't be surprised when real homophobes look at you and see you in a way that will make them hate you more.

Nobody's surprised that homophobes are homophobic. They can get over themselves. And so can the "fake" ones, which I suspect are only different in terms of not being proud of their phobia.

And don't think for one moment that only straight people could see it this way. There are plenty of gay people who think it's embarrassing and damaging in terms of reputation. You're really not helping yourselves. Remember when gays used to complain about being stereotyped? Yeah me too.

You may assert it, but that doesn't make it so. Folks who like to go on internet forums to whine about gay pride parades always seem to have this problem.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#98  Postby ggorlock » Mar 05, 2020 11:16 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
ggorlock wrote:Calling gay pride parades disgusting is not a sign of homophobia. It's a sign of seeing degeneracy and foolishness and considering it disgusting.

Calling black people disgusting isn't racism. It's a sign of seeing degeneracy and foolishness and considering it disgusting. :roll:

Calling gay pride parades disgusting isn't the same as calling gay people disgusting, you disingenuous person.
ggorlock
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#99  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 05, 2020 11:18 pm

ggorlock wrote:

An image speaks a thousand words my friend.

I hope your journey progresses to purple parallel more readily than mine!

ggorlock wrote: Like I say, nice try.

You say a lot, but demonstrate nothing.

ggorlock wrote:At this point it's clear that you know precisely what I'm talking about.

So you can read minds now as well, eh? :roll:

ggorlock wrote:You know very well that I could very easily show you images that any normal person would consider totally inappropriate. You don't want to show me carnival images because you know that I'll show something far worse.

Again, the plural of anecdote is not data.

ggorlock wrote:

More empty assertions, ending with a puerile ad-hominem.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#100  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 05, 2020 11:20 pm

ggorlock wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
ggorlock wrote:

Actually I feel it makes gays look stupid.

FIFY. Stop claiming what you cannot back up.

ggorlock wrote: If they want to be taken seriously, crawling on the floor in a gimp suit isn't exactly the way to do it.

As opposed to vapid ranting you're presenting here? :coffee:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs