Can personal experience be evidence of the paranormal?

Split from 'Is Jesus mythicism "denialism"?'

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Can personal experience be evidence of the paranormal?

#1401  Postby Scar » May 29, 2016 5:41 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
the_5th_ape wrote:kyrani99, please come back with some medical evidence to support your fantastic stories. Till then nobody here will take you seriously.

Of course!

I can hardly await it.
/s
Scar

Name: Michael
Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#1402  Postby the_5th_ape » May 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Shrunk wrote:you are able to induce remission just thru thinking cancers away.

:rofl:
Thanking God for sparing you in a natural disaster is like
sending a thank-you note to a serial killer for stabbing the family next door

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why? Best Answer
the_5th_ape

Male

Print view this post

#1403  Postby the_5th_ape » May 29, 2016 5:45 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
the_5th_ape wrote:kyrani99, please come back with some medical evidence to support your fantastic stories. Till then nobody here will take you seriously.

Of course!

Great :thumbup:

the_5th_ape

Male

Print view this post

#1404  Postby Shrunk » May 29, 2016 6:48 pm

kyrani99's claims are too much for the_5th_ape.

Really, what more needs be said?
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1405  Postby the_5th_ape » May 29, 2016 7:00 pm

:cigar:

the_5th_ape

Male

Print view this post

#1406  Postby Arnold Layne » May 29, 2016 8:18 pm

kyrani99 wrote:

Of course!

May I suggest, then, that you are wasting far too much precious time pissing in the wind here when there is important evidence to find elsewhere?

Why are you here, btw? :scratch:
I'm a Pixiist
Arnold Layne

France (fr)
Print view this post

#1407  Postby Fallible » May 29, 2016 9:18 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
Fallible wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Stow the preaching, please.

I said "all I know is..." this is expressing a personal opinion not preaching.

You know the bit where you said 'I know' and then made a claim? That's not just you giving an opinion. It's you attempting to claim that your opinion is a fact.

No I am not claiming it as a fact. I am saying that it is something I know.

That's the same thing, unless you seriously wish to argue that you know something that isn't true.

For it to be a fact I have to be able to give evidence that is convincing for you. I can't do that.

Are you really this ill-informed, Kyani? Please say you're just messing with us. If you were correct about this, it couldn't have been a fact that the earth orbits the sun, or that it is an oblate spheroid before it was discovered and demonstrated to be true. Does that make any sense to you? I seriously hope not.

I know it for myself alone. :)

You don't know it. I'm even beginning to doubt that you really believe it.
Last edited by Fallible on May 29, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1408  Postby Fallible » May 29, 2016 9:27 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
Fallible wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:

I haven't professed to be an expert in neuroscience but oncology is another matter. IMO I can talk with more authority than an oncologist, after all I have mastered deliberately effecting spontaneous remission. :fly: An oncologist can't even dream of doing that.

No you haven't, luv.

That is only your opinion. However I know my reality.

Although, oddly, that isn't it.

Fallible wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:I don't see that talking about and expressing my views and beliefs makes me lacking in humility. And as far as my own abilities are concerned, I believe I can accurately appraise what I am capable of and what I am not. :)

Of course you do. Unfortunately, lots of completely clueless people also believe they can accurately appraise what they are capable of and what they are not, so your favourable opinion of yourself has no value to anyone but yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

I don't know how these guys did this experiment but I don't see that it adds up to real life.
In 52 years of adult life and having been both of a migrant family and worked at a university for many years, I have been among both learned people and those with little or no education. And I have not seen this effect. There is sometimes one or two people who might overestimate what they can do or miscalculate what another can or cannot do but it is a trivial effect. 1 in thousands.

The effects that I have consistently seen are:
1. some educated people think they are a cut above others and expect that others should hang off their every word, and
2. uneducated people refusing to accept stuff just because some academic or doctor etc said so.

One piece of evidence is that a large number of totally uneducated people, who are able to use their wit, go into business and make a success of it. My father was one of them and many other successful business people he associated with had also no formal education worth speak of.

None of this means a single shit to anyone, since you have provided ample evidence both that your word frequently runs contrary to reality, and that you overestimate your abilities far more than almost anyone I've ever seen.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1409  Postby BlackBart » May 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Not a bad record for this vicinity.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1410  Postby surreptitious57 » May 29, 2016 10:12 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
I know it for a fact but I can t claim it a fact in the common domain because the proof that I have is not in the common domain

If you claim to know something for a fact then it has to be non falsifiable by definition regardless of anything else. Arbitrary interpretations of what is or is not in the common domain have zero bearing on this and so are therefore of no consequence If you know a fact you may not necessarily be able to demonstrate its non falsifiability. But you should be able to state it so others may be able to establish whether or not it is objectively true. Now not all facts are known but since no knowledge of them exists they cannot be identified as facts so the point is academic
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#1411  Postby Fallible » May 29, 2016 10:21 pm

Earlier today:

kyrani99 wrote:No I am not claiming it as a fact.

Later the same day:

kyrani99 wrote:I know it for a fact but I can't claim it a fact in the common domain because the proof that I have is not in the common domain.

Fails to recognise that saying ''I know it for a fact'' is exactly the same as claiming it a fact.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1412  Postby Onyx8 » May 30, 2016 3:36 am

I guess the big pharma medical industrial complex really screwed up when they accidentally created a cure for smallpox hey? Man, they coulda milked that one for years but they got rid of it. Weird.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1413  Postby SafeAsMilk » May 30, 2016 4:06 am

I think those guys shooting stress rays at Kyrani missed that same boat. Instead of standing around in muggy driveways, they could be hanging out in air conditioned courtrooms, making millions by freaking out lawyers and witnesses. I guess they're just not evil enough.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1414  Postby kyrani99 » May 30, 2016 5:51 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
FINANCIERS control the medical industry. These are the super rich multinationals. They dictate what is taught at university, what a doctor can say and do and what governments and governing bodies can do.

You reckon they will make money from a cure! Look at the situation.
They are busy milking the person, their insurance company and the government, for as much as they can and for as long as they can. Do you really think that a cure will be profitable, when you see this happening?

Medical ethics is all about stopping doctors from operating repeatedly or continuing to perform some intervention until there is nothing left of the person, until they can be thrown in the trash.

Because, of course, none of these super-rich multinationals EVER get cancer, they want to be part of your alleged system of exploitation too. They'd NEVER support a cure for cancer :lol:

As usual, your conspiracy theory falls apart at even the most cursory glance. Back to the drawing board.

These creeps are not exempt. They sure get cancer and other disease that are the result of a nocebo effects. What's more they are not able to effect any self help program. If they are toxic, which I would say most of them are, if not all, then they have no other recourse than medical treatment. So great is the irony.

The reason is because toxic people all belong to networks. These networks may look like a circle of friends but they are not the same thing. You can reject someone and stop being friends with them if you are non-toxic because the non-toxic person has autonomy. Toxic people are locked into their system.

Toxic people's people's networks are similar to a gang and if there are others that want to do them harm, then they have no ability to stand against it. They are part of the one mindset. I have seen that most toxic people are hassled by the very people that they call "my people" and commonly spouses or other close relatives. I have even seen toxic children that the toxic parent has trained in the ways of being toxic, attack their toxic parent(s).

There are several reasons.
One is that toxic people never relate in a normal fashion. They always want power and influence over the other person.

And then there is also the "quintessential" as I have heard some admit. And this quintessential is "there for the taking"! Other toxic people around them are an easy source for them to get their narcissistic supply. They hack one another.

There is also the reason that there is always a struggle for power among circle of friend (gang ) members.

And of course for any that might squeal about how toxic people operate or even the fact of their existence (as my late husband had done), they face an angry gang, who can exterminate them very easily.

I was able to fight them on my husband's behalf for several weeks, but when I decided it was a waste of time because he wasn't worth it anyway, he was gone within about an hour. I decided to stop fighting for him at around 11:30 pm and the doctor, who rang me to tell me he'd died said he was pronounced dead at 1 am.

They'd NEVER support a cure for cancer because they know exactly what it is all about. They know there is no cure. There is no cure for heart disease, no cure for diabetes, no cure for strokes, no cure for autoimmune diseases and so on. A cure is a joke because the adverse bodily reactivity IS the disease.
What pill fixes a knife in the back? It's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: all the way to the bank!
And when non-toxic people wake up and never get sick again, then not only the money dries up but all they can do is hack each other to death... it's the narcissistic supply thing. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Evil dead!
For a patient to heal the shaman uses any device, which will alter the patient's belief about reality.
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Name: Kyrani Eade
Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#1415  Postby Scar » May 30, 2016 6:17 am

kyrani99 wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
FINANCIERS control the medical industry. These are the super rich multinationals. They dictate what is taught at university, what a doctor can say and do and what governments and governing bodies can do.

You reckon they will make money from a cure! Look at the situation.
They are busy milking the person, their insurance company and the government, for as much as they can and for as long as they can. Do you really think that a cure will be profitable, when you see this happening?

Medical ethics is all about stopping doctors from operating repeatedly or continuing to perform some intervention until there is nothing left of the person, until they can be thrown in the trash.

Because, of course, none of these super-rich multinationals EVER get cancer, they want to be part of your alleged system of exploitation too. They'd NEVER support a cure for cancer :lol:

As usual, your conspiracy theory falls apart at even the most cursory glance. Back to the drawing board.

These creeps are not exempt. They sure get cancer and other disease that are the result of a nocebo effects. What's more they are not able to effect any self help program. If they are toxic, which I would say most of them are, if not all, then they have no other recourse than medical treatment. So great is the irony.

The reason is because toxic people all belong to networks. These networks may look like a circle of friends but they are not the same thing. You can reject someone and stop being friends with them if you are non-toxic because the non-toxic person has autonomy. Toxic people are locked into their system.

Toxic people's people's networks are similar to a gang and if there are others that want to do them harm, then they have no ability to stand against it. They are part of the one mindset. I have seen that most toxic people are hassled by the very people that they call "my people" and commonly spouses or other close relatives. I have even seen toxic children that the toxic parent has trained in the ways of being toxic, attack their toxic parent(s).

There are several reasons.
One is that toxic people never relate in a normal fashion. They always want power and influence over the other person.

And then there is also the "quintessential" as I have heard some admit. And this quintessential is "there for the taking"! Other toxic people around them are an easy source for them to get their narcissistic supply. They hack one another.

There is also the reason that there is always a struggle for power among circle of friend (gang ) members.

And of course for any that might squeal about how toxic people operate or even the fact of their existence (as my late husband had done), they face an angry gang, who can exterminate them very easily.

I was able to fight them on my husband's behalf for several weeks, but when I decided it was a waste of time because he wasn't worth it anyway, he was gone within about an hour. I decided to stop fighting for him at around 11:30 pm and the doctor, who rang me to tell me he'd died said he was pronounced dead at 1 am.

They'd NEVER support a cure for cancer because they know exactly what it is all about. They know there is no cure. There is no cure for heart disease, no cure for diabetes, no cure for strokes, no cure for autoimmune diseases and so on. A cure is a joke because the adverse bodily reactivity IS the disease.
What pill fixes a knife in the back? It's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: all the way to the bank!
And when non-toxic people wake up and never get sick again, then not only the money dries up but all they can do is hack each other to death... it's the narcissistic supply thing. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Evil dead!

Please get help.
Scar

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#1416  Postby the_5th_ape » May 30, 2016 6:29 am

Toxic people == Evil people? :think:

the_5th_ape

Male

Print view this post

#1417  Postby kyrani99 » May 30, 2016 6:33 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:I think those guys shooting stress rays at Kyrani missed that same boat. Instead of standing around in muggy driveways, they could be hanging out in air conditioned courtrooms, making millions by freaking out lawyers and witnesses. I guess they're just not evil enough.

You seriously under-estimate me.
For a patient to heal the shaman uses any device, which will alter the patient's belief about reality.
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Name: Kyrani Eade
Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#1418  Postby Scar » May 30, 2016 6:47 am

kyrani99 wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:I think those guys shooting stress rays at Kyrani missed that same boat. Instead of standing around in muggy driveways, they could be hanging out in air conditioned courtrooms, making millions by freaking out lawyers and witnesses. I guess they're just not evil enough.

You seriously under-estimate me.

:crazy:
Scar

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#1419  Postby Agrippina » May 30, 2016 7:15 am

kyrani99 wrote:
Agrippina wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
Agrippina wrote:Where did the "universal observer" come from?

It is ever existing.

That doesn't answer the question: where did it come from?

All I know is that it has always existed and will always exist. It is existence.

You don't know that. That's what you think. You still haven't said where it came from. For something to exist it has to have come from somewhere, or have been started by something. You haven't explained the beginning, so no your "universal observer" exists only in your mind.
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#1420  Postby Agrippina » May 30, 2016 7:26 am

kyrani99 wrote:
Agrippina wrote:

From the essay:

As we navigate through the world, we are changed by a variety of experiences. Of special note are experiences of three types: (1) we observe what is happening around us (other people behaving, sounds of music, instructions directed at us, words on pages, images on screens); (2) we are exposed to the pairing of unimportant stimuli (such as sirens) with important stimuli (such as the appearance of police cars); (3) we are punished or rewarded for behaving in certain ways.

We become more effective in our lives if we change in ways that are consistent with these experiences – if we can now recite a poem or sing a song, if we are able to follow the instructions we are given, if we respond to the unimportant stimuli more like we do to the important stimuli, if we refrain from behaving in ways that were punished, if we behave more frequently in ways that were rewarded.

There have been experiences that have shocked me and changed me.

So we've all had those.

I am observant of the world around me.

Not an unusual phenomenon.

I do recognize a significant signal and one that is insignificant.

A police siren is a significant signal, a car hooting at us is a significant signal, voices in our heads are signals that we need to see someone.

But the bit about behaviours having been the result of reward and punishment, doesn't pan out for me.

Personal experience is not science. The world of behavioural therapists disagree with that statement. You might think it doesn't "pan out" for you but the very fact that you claim that having been rewarded by having cancer cured simply by meditation or some other rubbish, has shown that a positive outcome changed your behaviour regarding the treatment of cancer. Of course it "panned out" you just weren't paying attention.

I have upset huge amount of people who are going all out to do me harm and have caused me some bad problems in the past. But there is not one iota they can do that will stop me. It is full steam ahead!

Jesus! What are you? Some sort of international spy or secret ninja assassin or something that "a huge amount of people" want to do you harm?

And no reward is going to change my course.

Of course rewards have changed your course. You're just not seeing the rewards, nor the change. Refer to my comment about how being rewarded by success for thinking cancer away caused you to behave the way you do towards cancer. It's not rocket science, it's basic behavioural psychology.

My father tried everything, from the time I was about 3yo, with methods of reward and punishment, to modify my behaviour and make me behave as he wanted me to be. He failed and I won having learnt the value of defiance.

And you think this is unusual? You might just have a stronger character. Your experience with your bullying father is not science, it's personal experience and means absolutely nothing to people you're trying to convince.

This the set of the sail and not of the gale that determines the way the ship will go!

Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. A tsunami would quickly wipe out your boat, no matter how the sail is set.

I have seen that the greatest benefit is to be able to stand alone, with no need of support from others.

That's only until the boat with the well-set sail capsizes under the weight of a huge wave and you have to thank the rescue vessel's people who save your life and bring you fresh water to drink.
I obtain all of my support from within.

Wow! You must really lead a very lonely life if you don't need other people. Then why are you seeking validation from us?

I can fight the war against a multitude of evil people and I have the greatest efficiency, regardless of others. In fact I know with certainty that I will win.

Again with the claims of "multitudes" and "great numbers". Is your name on the Interpol watch-list by any chance? I hope you make frequent changes to your appearance seeing that "multitudes" are coming for you. :roll:
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural