Ghost Photo from my blog

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Ghost Photo from my blog

#41  Postby GrahamH » Feb 21, 2011 2:08 pm

jerome wrote:
amok wrote:

I don't have Photoshop on this computer, so I just had to blow up/lighten up the original using my basic photo function, but even at that I also "see" another figure. Off to his right I see a guy either eating or barfing up a snake (or an enormous sausage), either of which possibilities is much spookier than a Hobbit-sized old geezer. I'm not sure if the quality will allow it to be seen, but I see it. Ha!

I see it as well! :) There you go, phantom snakes and ghostly hobbits!

j x

Punk Girl holding up a fish.

Pareidolia.
Why do you think that?
GrahamH

Print view this post

#42  Postby IanS » Apr 09, 2011 4:27 pm

felltoearth wrote:Having just read that physicists can further verify the theory of relativity by the "wobble" of a photon knocked about by a distant black hole, surely if ghosts could be picked up by photography science would have an explanation by now?

Or put that another way - if ghosts could be seen on film as easily as the many thousands of ghost photos claim to show, then proper scientists would have photographed them in genuine controlled scientific experiments a million times over the past century.

Afaik there are no credible scientific reports of any ghosts existing anywhere at all (and if there were it would have been headline news all over the world).

Ghosts and the supernatural may make for intrigue and mystery, but if anyone is interested in “mysterious goings on” then it would be far more useful if they studied some real mysteries like the numerous areas of research science ... you can find plenty of mysterious problems there which need solving ... here's some suggestions from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_un ... in_physics.
IanS

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#43  Postby tnjrp » Apr 11, 2011 5:33 am

The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#44  Postby Farcus81 » Apr 19, 2011 6:01 pm

I've been looking at the pictures from the original post for a few minutes now and no matter how I look at it I can't see a man with a beard or a lady or anything resembling the shape of a human at all. Well, actually thats not true. It DOES actually look like a penis... There is some kind of a latice structure that looks like it goes from the railing in front of the penis looking figure into the darkness above the arch directly above the "figure". Whatever the lighter colored figure is, it behind one of the bars of the latice like structure which is obscuring it. I don't know what it actually is so I'll say you got a candid shot of Ron Jeremy... :lol:

I seriously can't see anything that looks like the shape of a 3 foot tall humanoid figure...

EIDT: On second though, it kind of looks like a cartoon seal. I'll go with that...
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits. -- Albert Einstein
Farcus81

Name: Scott

United States (us)
Print view this post

#45  Postby jerome » Apr 19, 2011 6:10 pm

lol! Yes, I like that idea! :)
Yours sincerely, Jerome -- a threat to reason & science

I am an Anglican Prejudice declared - My blog: http://jerome23.wordpress.com/
jerome

Name: CJ
Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

#46  Postby Farcus81 » Apr 20, 2011 9:11 am

This is the perfect example of matrixing. We are all looking at the picture trying to find some pattern that looks like it makes sense out of the chaos of a dark part of a picture that has been zoomed way to far. I went back and looked at it again this morning and sure enough, I finally saw your tiny bearded man but it is still a whole lot easier to see a cartoon seal. The only thing missing would be a ball balanced on its nose. Based on the size of the image relative to the rest of the auditorium and the fact that we are all seeing something different I believe that what you actually have is a perfect photograph of a photographic artifact caused by blowing the image up to big and your brain trying to hard to see something that isn't there. I have believed for a long time now that if you want to find something bad enough you eventually will find it whether its there or not. I think this is one of those cases... We all want to see the little bearded man so there he is. I still think its a cartoon seal though... :lol:
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits. -- Albert Einstein
Farcus81

Name: Scott

United States (us)
Print view this post

#47  Postby jerome » Apr 20, 2011 10:46 am

Yep, this is Pareidolia in action methinks: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia It amused me greatly though :)

j x
Yours sincerely, Jerome -- a threat to reason & science

I am an Anglican Prejudice declared - My blog: http://jerome23.wordpress.com/
jerome

Name: CJ
Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural