Why does plobs think its possible that C is in all matter?

on fundamental matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind and ethics.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Why does plobs think its possible that C is in all matter?

#1241  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 07, 2015 12:11 am

Christ David wrote:there are three options for explaining the universe.

Blind assertion. :nono:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#1242  Postby scott1328 » Feb 07, 2015 12:11 am

LucidFlight wrote:There is, of course, a fifth option: a force-force that is the driving force behind all forces. It interacts with itself via itself in a deterministic free-will sort of way, conscious of its own destiny whilst unconscious of its underpinning determinism, which allows its free will to act as a guiding force for all the interactions of the universe, thereby avoiding inherent paradoxes of a non-controlled, self-controlled universe. Paradoxically, however, such a massive system of controlled-yet-free interactions allows itself to be subject to chaos, thus producing a ternary type situation in which determinism, free will, and chaos compete amongst themselves in order to create order and disorder simultaneously in an infinite fractal expanse of consciousness-matter — the metaphysical substrate of what we perceive to be physical space-time.

You have been missed, LF
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1243  Postby jamest » Feb 07, 2015 12:23 am

1. all particles are conscious of the universal laws of interaction (that define how all things interact with all other things) and all particles are conscious of the particles they interact with.
without being aware of the laws, or aware that other particles exist, there would be no interaction.
something needs to be aware of something else and how to communicate with that something else in order to interact with it.

2. all particles are forced by the universal laws of interaction to interact a certain way. the universal laws of interaction must exist before any particles exist, since all interaction needs to be defined before any interaction takes place. this means that this "force" has control over the entire universe. the "force" that forces all interactions is a manifestation of the laws of the universe itself.

3. both 1 and 2 apply, since they are each one side of an active and intelligent paradox. the paradox allows for diversity in application of the laws of interaction where both 'free-will' and 'determinism' can occur at the same time.
since most things in existence are paradoxical in nature, why wouldnt the consciousness of the universe be paradoxical?

I thought you were an idealist? In which case, where's the option for particles being naught but an experience/thought on the part of the conscious observer? To be frank, if you think that physical particles exist then you're either a dualist or a materialist/physicalist. There's no room in idealism for material entities to have either substance or agency.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#1244  Postby jamest » Feb 07, 2015 12:26 am

scott1328 wrote:
You have been missed, LF

Does anyone know any decent snipers?
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#1245  Postby jamest » Feb 07, 2015 12:28 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:

Blind assertion. :nono:

Not quite as bad as a bland assertion, but I'll have to agree with you for once.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#1246  Postby jamest » Feb 07, 2015 12:30 am

chairman bill wrote:Precisely what I was thinking

Evidence that you were both brainwashed by the same person, I suspect.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#1247  Postby chairman bill » Feb 07, 2015 9:23 am

jamest wrote:
chairman bill wrote:Precisely what I was thinking

Evidence that you were both brainwashed by the same person, I suspect.

There is no brainwashing, only quantitative differences in fundamental forces, particles & spacetime
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Philosophy