Police won’t release info on attempted ‘lynching’ of 8-year-

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Police won’t release info on attempted ‘lynching’ of 8-year-

#21  Postby SafeAsMilk » Sep 13, 2017 4:03 pm

Teague wrote:
purplerat wrote:
Teague wrote:So why is it ok for black kids to get treated like adults all the time?

It's not.

When is it ever the answer to racial inequality to make things equally unjust for everybody?

What's wrong with everyone feeling the full extent of the police state?

Nothing, if you're pro-police state. If you're not, well, the question answers itself.

Scared that people might rebel against it and make a change? Too scared to stand up with your kinsmen and stand with them?

Gosh, that's so brave of you to volunteer some teenagers for your armchair revolution. How bout you get off your ass and take the lumps yourself instead of shrieking on the internet, or are you too scared to actually suffer some of the injustice you want to foist on others?
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#22  Postby monkeyboy » Sep 13, 2017 4:40 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Teague wrote:
purplerat wrote:
Teague wrote:So why is it ok for black kids to get treated like adults all the time?

It's not.

When is it ever the answer to racial inequality to make things equally unjust for everybody?

Nothing, if you're pro-police state. If you're not, well, the question answers itself.

Scared that people might rebel against it and make a change? Too scared to stand up with your kinsmen and stand with them?

Gosh, that's so brave of you to volunteer some teenagers for your armchair revolution. How bout you get off your ass and take the lumps yourself instead of shrieking on the internet, or are you too scared to actually suffer some of the injustice you want to foist on others?

Teague is busy judging the US police on this by his own standard of how "justice" ought to be done. If the same thing had happened in the UK, where he and I hail from, the same standards would apply. Presumption of innocent until found guilty and anonymity for minors during the investigation, extending to the period from being arrested and charged, including the trial if the judge says so. It can extend beyond a guilty verdict in some cases.

Heck, the boys who murdered Jamie Bulger were identified but we're given new identities to protect them since they were minors.

This situation isn't unique to Teague's assumption that everything the American police touch is somehow corrupt and rotten, some twisted conspiracy cooked up by a broken system. It's how the law is set down. It's that just through his conspiracy addled eyes, there ain't a cop your side of the pond can do anything right, even when they are doing just that.

No doubt, this will make me some sort of apologist for murdering scumbag, cowardly cops again in his mind but I struggle watching someone spewing what is justified condemnation in some cases all over every news story regardless of if it applies in each case, without challenging it.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#23  Postby purplerat » Sep 13, 2017 8:19 pm

Some more details:

http://www.newsweek.com/hanging-boy-biracial-8-years-old-black-white-new-hampshire-lynching-claremont-664415
“They were playing,” Slattery said, “and there’s a tire swing that was hanging from a tree but the tire was not there, just the rope, and there’s a picnic table there. My grandson was there, and the boys were playing with the rope, and the 14-year-olds were saying ‘oh look at us,’ and putting the rope around their necks, and then they said to my grandson, ‘here, you do it.' And he’s 8 years old and he put that rope around his neck. And the boys said, 'A-ha!' and shoved him off the table. They did a scare and pushed him at the same time, and that’s when my grandson was hung.”

That's the story from the victim's grandmother. If that's what happened I think labeling it a lynching is a bit dishonest. Still a bad situation and very fortunate that there was no serious injury or death.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby monkeyboy » Sep 13, 2017 8:32 pm

It's why the police need to investigate before minors are identified and subject to potentially unwarranted harassment and trial by Internet. May be that the story isn't what was originally presented and has the potential to turn into a rerun of the Salem Witch Trials by interwebs. It's why we have legal systems in place rather than knee jerk mob vengeance.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Teague » Sep 14, 2017 11:59 am

monkeyboy wrote:
Teague wrote:
purplerat wrote:

It's not.

What's wrong with everyone feeling the full extent of the police state? Scared that people might rebel against it and make a change? Too scared to stand up with your kinsmen and stand with them?

Wow, your moral compass spins like a fan some days.

Minors have protection from being identified during police investigations both sides of the pond. When the investigation is complete and charges are laid (if that happens) then these minors may well be charged as adults and the anonymity bit might be dropped. That other minors have been identified previously doesn't affect this case at its current state. There's many a case in the UK where minors (killers included) are not identified to the public even after convictions have been secured in adult courts.

Seems there's no winning with you as far as USA cops go. They act outside the law, they're murdering bastards. The act within the law, they're at best cowards and corrupt in some way. None of them can do their jobs right, even when they are doing it right.

What should they do here? Ignore the law and do as the mob demands?

And where the fuck did I say they should be identified?
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Teague » Sep 14, 2017 12:01 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Teague wrote:
purplerat wrote:

It's not.

Since I'm not lynching anyone or breaking the law how the fuck does that even make sense? So you're fine being a racist schumck then I see - we'll just keep it for the blacks, right?
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#27  Postby SafeAsMilk » Sep 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Teague wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Teague wrote:
purplerat wrote:
It's not.

Since I'm not lynching anyone or breaking the law how the fuck does that even make sense?

Because you're demanding that some teenagers receive unjust treatment to benefit your armchair revolution. So why don't you take some unjust treatment for your armchair revolution instead of demanding that someone else take it? I guess that would require actual strength of conviction, and it's pretty clear you haven't got that.

So you're fine being a racist schumck then I see - we'll just keep it for the blacks, right?

Now that makes no sense. I'm actually interested in justice for everyone, but apparently you're not. Thanks for showing everyone here what a coward you are though, and how you're willing to shriek "racist" when you're the one deciding that someone should experience injustice because of the color of their skin :lol:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#28  Postby Teague » Sep 14, 2017 3:22 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Teague wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Teague wrote:

Since I'm not lynching anyone or breaking the law how the fuck does that even make sense?

Because you're demanding that some teenagers receive unjust treatment to benefit your armchair revolution. So why don't you take some unjust treatment for your armchair revolution instead of demanding that someone else take it? I guess that would require actual strength of conviction, and it's pretty clear you haven't got that.

So you're fine being a racist schumck then I see - we'll just keep it for the blacks, right?

Now that makes no sense. I'm actually interested in justice for everyone, but apparently you're not. Thanks for showing everyone here what a coward you are though, and how you're willing to shriek "racist" when you're the one deciding that someone should experience injustice because of the color of their skin :lol:

No, I'm demanding they receive the same treatment, which would be just

LOL coward... what a dick.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#29  Postby purplerat » Sep 14, 2017 3:29 pm

Teague wrote:

So a white minor getting railroaded by the legal system is, in your mind, just because it also happens to black minors?
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Teague » Sep 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Justice is everyone gets treated equally and fairly right? Attmetped murder of an 8 year old is a pretty serious over this side of the pond.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#31  Postby SafeAsMilk » Sep 14, 2017 3:54 pm

Teague wrote:

Eye for an eye, how just :lol: Glad to know for you it's all about vengeance, not justice.

LOL coward... what a dick.

Indeed, you are the most cowardly dick I've ever seen on this forum.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Teague » Sep 18, 2017 1:52 pm

Being that you're not that intelligent you would of course read into it like that. I can't help that you're a moron though, can I. So we should should leave things the same then and just let the blacks suffer unjust treatment because if it was a few black teenages that did that to a white 8 years old blond girl I can guess what would happen because black kids are someone different from white kids. You accuse me of being a coward and can't even stand up for your kinsmen you spineless sack of shit.

(PS. I realise we're breaking the FUA here so please, carry on what you started with the childish namecalling)
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#33  Postby monkeyboy » Sep 18, 2017 2:06 pm

Wouldn't it be better to campaign for better treatment of black people,minors included within a justice system, to reach parity with other members of the community than lower standards all around?
What you appeared to be insisting on was the same piss poor standards applied all around to achieve equality.

Minors should be considered differently to adults in terms of degrees of responsibility, the ability to consider consequences of their actions etc. Regardless of colour. If there is inequality in the system, the ideal fix is the raising of standards to a acceptable level, not the dragging everyone down to lowest common denominator
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#34  Postby Teague » Sep 18, 2017 2:16 pm

monkeyboy wrote:Wouldn't it be better to campaign for better treatment of black people,minors included within a justice system, to reach parity with other members of the community than lower standards all around?
What you appeared to be insisting on was the same piss poor standards applied all around to achieve equality.

Minors should be considered differently to adults in terms of degrees of responsibility, the ability to consider consequences of their actions etc. Regardless of colour. If there is inequality in the system, the ideal fix is the raising of standards to a acceptable level, not the dragging everyone down to lowest common denominator

Yeah, campaigning has been going well for the last few centuries hasn't it and now it's going backwards. Maybe having the "pisspoor standards" applied to everyone it might actually bring about changes?

If everyone has the same standards, that's equality though. If your standards as a white person need to drop to those being mistreated then what? What's the problem? Too much of a coward to be treated the same as everyone else? Enjoying white privilege too much? These are the questions to ask aren't they? I'm Spartacus?
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#35  Postby Oldskeptic » Sep 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Teague wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:Wouldn't it be better to campaign for better treatment of black people,minors included within a justice system, to reach parity with other members of the community than lower standards all around?

Yeah, campaigning has been going well for the last few centuries hasn't it and now it's going backwards. Maybe having the "pisspoor standards" applied to everyone it might actually bring about changes?

If everyone has the same standards, that's equality though. If your standards as a white person need to drop to those being mistreated then what? What's the problem? Too much of a coward to be treated the same as everyone else? Enjoying white privilege too much? These are the questions to ask aren't they? I'm Spartacus?

Ya know what? I think we should just lynch all the white kids in the neighborhood. Really show white America what it's like being black in New Hampshire.

Maybe that would make Teague happy.
There is nothing so absurd that some philosopher will not say it - Cicero.

Traditionally these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead - Stephen Hawking
Oldskeptic

Male

Print view this post

#36  Postby The_Piper » Sep 18, 2017 10:50 pm

It may (or may not) be better than being black in Alabama, but New Hampshire was the last state to acknowledge Martin Luther King Day. There's that curiosity.
http://nhpr.org/post/nhs-martin-luther- ... t#stream/0
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#37  Postby SafeAsMilk » Sep 19, 2017 12:03 am

Teague wrote:Being that you're not that intelligent you would of course read into it like that. I can't help that you're a moron though, can I. So we should should leave things the same then and just let the blacks suffer unjust treatment because if it was a few black teenages that did that to a white 8 years old blond girl I can guess what would happen because black kids are someone different from white kids.

There is literally nothing I (or anyone else who's called out your dumbfuck posts) have said that indicates this is our position. I've made it clear I want fair, just treatment for everyone of every race. You're the heartless douchebag who wants white kids to recieve unjust treatment because black kids have recieved unjust treatment. You are a vengeful, odious toad, and would be ashamed of yourself if you had any moral character at all.

You accuse me of being a coward and can't even stand up for your kinsmen you spineless sack of shit.

...says the guy drooling to inflict unjust treatment of fellow human beings. I lol'd.

(PS. I realise we're breaking the FUA here so please, carry on what you started with the childish namecalling)

The obvious difference being you're just spewing scattershot, uninspired invective, while I'm addressing what the content of your posts actually says about you. Keep screeching "You dumb poo poo head!" though, looks real smart :lol:
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#38  Postby Blip » Sep 19, 2017 7:42 am

!
MODNOTE
Teague, this is a warning about your posts here in which you describe another member as a ‘racist schmuck’; here, in which you suggest he is a coward and a dick; and here, in which you write that he’s ‘not that intelligent’, a ‘moron’ and ‘a spineless sack of shit’.

As you well know, these posts contravene the Forum Users’ Agreement, specifically section 1.2c, which concerns personal attack. Please don’t address other contributors in this manner or you are likely to incur further sanction.

Any comments on this modnote or moderation should not be made in the thread as they will be considered off topic; they may be removed without further warning.
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#39  Postby Blip » Sep 19, 2017 7:54 am

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
SafeAsMilk, in your post here, you call another contributor a douchebag and a vengeful, odious toad; you also suggest he has no moral character, having called him a 'cowardly dick' in your post here.

This contravenes the Forum Users’ Agreement, specifically section 1.2c which concerns personal attack, so please don’t post in this manner, even after being attacked yourself.

Any comments on this modnote or moderation should not be made in the thread as they will be considered off topic; they may be removed without further warning.
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#40  Postby Teague » Sep 19, 2017 12:07 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Teague wrote:Being that you're not that intelligent you would of course read into it like that. I can't help that you're a moron though, can I. So we should should leave things the same then and just let the blacks suffer unjust treatment because if it was a few black teenages that did that to a white 8 years old blond girl I can guess what would happen because black kids are someone different from white kids.

There is literally nothing I (or anyone else who's called out your dumbfuck posts) have said that indicates this is our position. I've made it clear I want fair, just treatment for everyone of every race. You're the heartless douchebag who wants white kids to recieve unjust treatment because black kids have recieved unjust treatment. You are a vengeful, odious toad, and would be ashamed of yourself if you had any moral character at all.

You accuse me of being a coward and can't even stand up for your kinsmen you spineless sack of shit.

...says the guy drooling to inflict unjust treatment of fellow human beings. I lol'd.

The obvious difference being you're just spewing scattershot, uninspired invective, while I'm addressing what the content of your posts actually says about you. Keep screeching "You dumb poo poo head!" though, looks real smart :lol:

Says a guy that still hasn't understaood what's going on and the one that started with the namecalling. So well done, have a gold star. I already asked you why black kids should just suffer and pointed out there's no equality - you obfuscated with the drivvel above as you have no answer. You don't even get what we're arguing about, do you, just as usual. You open your big mouth and say a load of crap but don't really know what's being discussed then throw out some accusations that your acolyte's cream their knickers over.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs