Dipole Neurology

the ideas of Felix Lanzalaco

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Dipole Neurology

#81  Postby Brain man » Jun 30, 2011 7:23 pm

I see twistor59 is here. Well your physics is probably better than mine. Have you ever seen a clear dipole configuration in natural systems where electromagnetism was not present ?
Inherently Dishonest Clueless Researcher
Brain man
Banned Troll

Name: Aznali Exidore
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#82  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 30, 2011 7:24 pm

Brain man wrote:I see twistor59 is here. Well your physics is probably better than mine. Have you ever seen a clear dipole configuration in natural systems where electromagnetism was not present ?

What 'clear dipole configuration'? You've just repeated what you said was an erroneous criticism, i.e. it looks like one.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#83  Postby Brain man » Jun 30, 2011 7:28 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Brain man wrote:I see twistor59 is here. Well your physics is probably better than mine. Have you ever seen a clear dipole configuration in natural systems where electromagnetism was not present ?

What 'clear dipole configuration'? You've just repeated what you said was an erroneous criticism, i.e. it looks like one.

The one you are referring to. i.e. How the cortex dissection has a similar structure to a magnetic dipole every way its get cut up of course... What else.. isnt that the hubub about this whole idea in the first place.

I guess i am just more advanced...in my mental capabilities :lol:
Brain man
Banned Troll

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#84  Postby Brain man » Jun 30, 2011 7:31 pm

Uh oh i feel an EE type thread starting to mysteriously expand.

Look somebody kill this theory please. I will get into trouble from other commitments if i start getting interested into this one.
Brain man
Banned Troll

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#85  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Brain man wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

The one you are referring to. i.e. How the cortex dissection has a similar structure to a magnetic dipole every way its get cut up of course... What else.. isnt that the hubub about this whole idea in the first place.

You don't find that 'cutting it up' part to be problematic?

You could cut up the brain to look like a camel humping a helicopter, it doesn't mean there's an analogous functionality.

Brain man wrote:I guess i am just more advanced...in my mental capabilities :lol:

You might have mentioned that one or two, or in fact several times before. If it makes you feel better to state your superiority, go ahead! :)
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#86  Postby twistor59 » Jun 30, 2011 7:35 pm

Not entirely sure what you mean by "clear dipole config" ?
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#87  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 30, 2011 7:36 pm

twistor59 wrote:

Read: looks like it

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#88  Postby Brain man » Jun 30, 2011 7:37 pm

You could cut up the brain to look like a camel humping a helicopter, it doesn't mean there's an analogous functionality.

Yes but everybody with basic neuroscience knows there isnt much to the cortex structure. There is the fold, the corpus callosum, longitudinal fissure (you know the big hatchet split down the middle of the noggin) and the columns and that is all this work addresses..

twistor59 is back. You can do it man...Dont let my brain think its a dipole...have some SST humanity

I am sure i have seen your physics skills do a good job on this type of material elsewhere.
Brain man
Banned Troll

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#89  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Brain man wrote:
yes it is kind of a strange co-incidence that isnt it...

and ST is Image as well..

the strangeness continues ...

In fact i will make a magical prediction...

the antics on this forum are going to get stranger and weirder in the coming weeks. Only downside is i might not even be allowed to enjoy the final result..

ah well ..

Just noticed that you edited this after I replied.

Predictions require specificity. What do you mean by your statement? And why should you not be here to 'enjoy the final result'? Result of what, we might ask while we're at it!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#90  Postby twistor59 » Jun 30, 2011 7:43 pm

Brain man wrote:

Yes but everybody with basic neuroscience knows there isnt much to the cortex structure. There is the fold, the corpus callosum, longitudinal fissure (you know the big hatchet split down the middle of the noggin) and the columns and that is all this work addresses..

twistor59 is back. You can do it man...Dont let my brain think its a dipole...have some SST humanity

I am sure i have seen your physics skills do a good job on this type of material elsewhere.

I'm afraid I haven't a clue how nerves work, so all I can do is chip in with the odd puerile comment :lol: :lol:
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#91  Postby Brain man » Jun 30, 2011 7:43 pm

twistor59 wrote:

this

its bloody mental. I never saw a dissection like that, and i never saw a dipole configuration where there was not electromagnetism behind it AND the brain is electromagnetic AND there is magnetic models for the cortex in neurodevelopment AND the authors "claim" the images arose later on from a data driven project..

So its strange as truck !! All we know in neuroscience says cortical computation is incredibly hard to figure. Something simple like a dipole... How can a dipole be an information processor ?
Brain man
Banned Troll

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#92  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 30, 2011 7:44 pm

Brain man wrote:

While I said I didn't profess an expertise on neuroscience, I have a passing familiarity with human anatomy.

You typed words, but they didn't actually have any bearing on my question.

Brain man wrote:twistor59 is back. You can do it man...Dont let my brain think its a dipole...have some SST humanity

Your previous argument regarding SST would be that he should let you retain a belief, no matter how foolish, because to rob you of it would be murder.

Consistency, not to be used here, apparently.

Brain man wrote: I am sure i have seen your physics skills do a good job on this type of material elsewhere.

Are you sure you're not just being unnecessarily humble? I mean, you're already an expert in so many areas, physics is surely something you could pick up from reading while on the bog?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#93  Postby Brain man » Jun 30, 2011 7:49 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Brain man wrote:
yes it is kind of a strange co-incidence that isnt it...

and ST is Image as well..

the strangeness continues ...

In fact i will make a magical prediction...

the antics on this forum are going to get stranger and weirder in the coming weeks. Only downside is i might not even be allowed to enjoy the final result..

ah well ..

Just noticed that you edited this after I replied.

Predictions require specificity. What do you mean by your statement? And why should you not be here to 'enjoy the final result'? Result of what, we might ask while we're at it!

now that would be telling ,,,,suffice to say my maniacal analytical brain is growing with confidence and when that happens... mayhem is the usual product, but its a bit random. I could end up in the pub or hassling people for change on the street.

Are you sure you're not just being unnecessarily humble? I mean, you're already an expert in so many areas, physics is surely something you could pick up from reading while on the bog?

You might just be correct seeing as I just figured out how to put multiple replies from the same poster into one post.

What next..
Brain man
Banned Troll

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#94  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 02, 2011 1:14 pm

I have to say that this thread is pure awesome. It's ranks as one of the best threads I've seen on this site.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#95  Postby twistor59 » Jul 02, 2011 4:28 pm

Why'd Brain Man get suspended ?
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#96  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 02, 2011 4:31 pm

It seems Brain man's prophecy was correct, even if self-fulfilling.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#97  Postby twistor59 » Jul 02, 2011 4:49 pm

Spearthrower wrote:It seems Brain man's prophecy was correct, even if self-fulfilling.

Ah right. I see what you mean....
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#98  Postby NLMTECH » Jul 18, 2011 5:47 pm

Very interesting!!!
(Someone asked for an example of a dipole occuring naturally)!!

After having a read of all the comments regarding this topic I decided to register just so I could upload a pic of a naturally* occurring dipole ! O.K., probably not the best example and totally unrelated to anything 'neuro', however, I feel compelled to highlight that it doesn't necessarily require an electrodynamic/electromagnetic enviroment/medium/system in order to create, (or interact with), a dipole !

*When I say 'naturally', I'm referring to the process of molecular characteristics of certain plastic(s) when undergoing stress/torsion/breakage which results in an optical effect of lines of bi-refringence creating a visible dipole along the 'line' of a crack on a piece of plastic!!! Very simplistic and totally off-topic!, however, I'm only pointing out that it isn't always necessarily an electromagnetic field which can be attributed to either the creation or interaction of/with a dipole !!!

(Even though it took an external influence to BREAK the plastic, the field 'lines' are always going to be visible/evident dependant on the molecular characteristics of the material). . .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nlmtech/35 ... hotostream

Cheers !
NLMTECH

Name: Neil Mac

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#99  Postby theropod » Jul 18, 2011 7:42 pm

NLMTECH,

Welcome aboard! Oh please continue to join in the fun, as we have an abundance of other empty assertions those like you may destroy.

Excellent photo, BTW.

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#100  Postby NLMTECH » Jul 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Thanks theropod ! Admittedly, I'm a bit of a natural-born skeptic ! (but I'll try and keep my keyboard at arms length......:)
NLMTECH

Name: Neil Mac

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Pseudoscience