One bang one process.

Evolution.

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: One bang one process.

#3481  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 12, 2022 1:21 am

pfrankinstein wrote:
Do we surf on a good wave sir?

Red blue and grey explain my reality. Good human selection , yellow a myth.

Paul.

Statements like this show you're not a bot.

This failure of engagement even with very obvious cue words available would simply be unacceptable.

Bot: Hi, I am Botto, the friendly bot - what would you like to talk about today?
Participant: Hi Botto, it's raining today so I've got nothing to do - let's talk about tennis!
Bot: I am bonobo, eaty mcfry lambast in coco cabana
Participant: Uh, I don't understand - do you know tennis?
Bot: Tennis? Sure, I am the greatest tennis player in the history of the universe. Tennis can do up zinc following molded lepers careen akimble aboo. I have no arms.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#3482  Postby BWE » Nov 12, 2022 2:27 am

pfrankinstein wrote:
BWE wrote:
pfrankinstein wrote:thrower to make sense of chaos through gross simplification.snip

A scientist useing the word "evolve" "evolved" "evolution" without any inclination to mechanism or types of selection is also an example of gross simplification.

Asleep. Without insight.

Paul.

Evolution is universal though. The mechanisms are generalizable.

Do we surf on a good wave sir?

Red blue and grey explain my reality. Good human selection , yellow a myth.

Paul.

Talk in song from tongues of lilting grace
Sounds caress my ear
And not a word I heard could I relate
The story was quite clear
BWE

Print view this post

#3483  Postby Ephys » Nov 12, 2022 2:37 am

I just popped in, read the first couple posts to find out what this thread was about, read the last few posts to see which direction it had gone off to, and....

and...

it looks like...

what?
Ephys

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3484  Postby romansh » Nov 12, 2022 5:50 am

Spearthrower wrote:
I am confused as to what you mean by referring to me here?
Are you saying he's wasting his time like I waste my time? :scratch:

No, not exactly.

I think you put in a tremendous amount of time and effort into engaging with Paul.
I also think you have received zero reward in terms of engagement from Paul.

I suspect based on the length of this thread it is an exercise in futility. Mea culpa too.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
romansh

Print view this post

#3485  Postby Fenrir » Nov 12, 2022 9:53 am

Ephys wrote:I just popped in, read the first couple posts to find out what this thread was about, read the last few posts to see which direction it had gone off to, and....

and...

it looks like...

what?

If you like this one try the expanding earth thread, or the 9/11 thread, or mythical Jesus, or the hominins hitting dogs with sticks thread, i forget what that one was titled but it was a classic.
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#3486  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 12, 2022 10:48 am

romansh wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

No, not exactly.

I think you put in a tremendous amount of time and effort into engaging with Paul.

I suspect based on the length of this thread it is an exercise in futility. Mea culpa too.

Ahh I gotcha - thanks for clarifying - although the other would probably have been true anyway! :)

I'll be honest: it really just comes down to how fast I type. If I typed slowly, I doubt I'd bother! :lol:
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#3487  Postby TopCat » Nov 12, 2022 1:02 pm

Spearthrower wrote:

This failure of engagement even with very obvious cue words available would simply be unacceptable.

Bot: Hi, I am Botto, the friendly bot - what would you like to talk about today?
Participant: Hi Botto, it's raining today so I've got nothing to do - let's talk about tennis!
Bot: Tennis? Sure, I am the greatest tennis player in the history of the universe. Tennis can do up zinc following molded lepers careen akimble aboo. I have no arms.

I'm envisaging a sort of reverse Turing Test here.
TopCat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3488  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 12, 2022 3:51 pm

Derping Test

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#3489  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 12, 2022 3:58 pm

Ephys wrote:I just popped in, read the first couple posts to find out what this thread was about, read the last few posts to see which direction it had gone off to, and....

and...

it looks like...

what?

To use Paul's kooky phraseology; it's still on first base.

It's because there's absolutely nothing under the hood, which is really saying something considering the existence even of the hood is highly questionable.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#3490  Postby romansh » Nov 13, 2022 7:17 am

pfrankinstein wrote:
You seem to be having a problem with understanding the very simple phrase "complete and total replication of snowflakes
Paul.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
romansh

Print view this post

#3491  Postby Cito di Pense » Nov 13, 2022 1:44 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:Red blue and grey explain my reality. Good human selection , yellow a myth.

Every lie told incurs a debt to the truth.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Amir Bagatelle
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#3492  Postby pfrankinstein » Nov 13, 2022 4:08 pm

Spearthrower wrote:

and...

it looks like...

what?

It's because there's absolutely nothing under the hood, which is really saying something considering the existence even of the hood is highly questionable.

Did charles darwin propose "one process" to explain speciation.

The big bang a single beginning denotes a "single process".

Expert of metaphor you thrower. HS = AS. :clap: The common ancestor, the Bbang treated as the 1st metaphorical common ancestor.

Darwins metathorical tree of life. Trunk branching form. Shall we. The Bb timeline.

Master of metaphor you sir. Shall we shake Darwin's tree to see if an Apple falls.

Paul
pfrankinstein

Name: paul

Print view this post

#3493  Postby pfrankinstein » Nov 13, 2022 4:21 pm

Spearthrower wrote:

and...

it looks like...

what?

Everybody here understands that you are the leading authority on the subject of biological evolution.

If I look to the core understanding of the subject it is because you have driven me there, you are the man.

Charles Darwin proposed a single proces with a mechanism and common ancestor to explain speciation.... All you.

Paul.
pfrankinstein

Print view this post

#3494  Postby pfrankinstein » Nov 13, 2022 4:33 pm

TopCat wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Remarkable subject "thrower ; can tell the difference between bot and human, yet HS and AS = fizzy mess. :o

Just say in. ?
Paul.
pfrankinstein

Print view this post

#3495  Postby pfrankinstein » Nov 13, 2022 4:51 pm

romansh wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

No, not exactly.

On the fence romansh?

Natural selection = human selection = artificial selection. Amalgamated reference. Metaphor.

Or specific? Emergence.

Paul.
pfrankinstein

Print view this post

#3496  Postby romansh » Nov 13, 2022 5:21 pm

snowflake replication evolution or selection
romansh

Print view this post

#3497  Postby romansh » Nov 13, 2022 6:28 pm

abiogenesis ≠ evolution
Last edited by romansh on Nov 13, 2022 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
romansh

Print view this post

#3498  Postby romansh » Nov 13, 2022 6:46 pm

pfrankinstein wrote: ... yet HS and AS = fizzy mess.
Paul.

That I suspect is more a result of your skills at explaining things and understanding the source of selection and its role in evolution.
romansh

Print view this post

#3499  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 14, 2022 12:58 am

pfrankinstein wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

and...

it looks like...

what?

Did charles darwin propose "one process" to explain speciation.

No.

This has been explained to you before, and not just explained, but Darwin's actual words on the subject cited.

Darwin made observations about different groups of finch's beak shape noting their distribution across different islands and the relation with the kind of food they ate.

Finally, he proposed no 'process' - this is you once again desperately attempting to have Darwin's success reflect on your own ideas despite you not having an idea that merits likening to Darwin or his success

pfrankinstein wrote:The big bang a single beginning denotes a "single process".

Polly wanna cracker?

pfrankinstein wrote:Expert of metaphor you thrower.

Yawn

If you're trying to be a condescending prick, Paul - you need to write in clear English.

pfrankinstein wrote: HS = AS. :clap:

As we've established beyond your ability to rebut - there's not such thing as "HS" - it's a figment of your imagination, which exists solely because what you lack in depth of knowledge, you fill with arrogant certainty about how right you are.

Meanwhile, the membership here being scientifically literate all know that whatever it is you're doing - it's not science.

pfrankinstein wrote:The common ancestor, the Bbang treated as the 1st metaphorical common ancestor.

Yes, this is dumb.

pfrankinstein wrote:Darwins metathorical tree of life. Trunk branching form. Shall we. The Bb timeline.

Dumb

pfrankinstein wrote:Master of metaphor you sir. Shall we shake Darwin's tree to see if an Apple falls.

I think more than apples fell on your head, Paul.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#3500  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 14, 2022 1:00 am

pfrankinstein wrote:
TopCat wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Remarkable subject "thrower ; can tell the difference between bot and human, yet HS and AS = fizzy mess. :o

Just say in. ?
Paul.

Super dumb, Paul.

Oh you can tell the difference between a wall and a rabbit, so I must be right.

Oh you can tell the difference between heat and wet, so I must be right.

Oh the sky is blue, so I must be right.

If you're going to be this nonsensical about your declarations of victory, you may as well just keep writing 'I am winner'.

The point is, again, that because you have no support for your position, no substance to your claims, you keep looking for specious ways to claim you're right, such as by talking about what Darwin did or didn't do as if something he did means you're right.

We all know you've got nothing Paul, you can't even answer simple questions directed at you, instead spending pages cavorting around evasively, pretending to be a genius while failing over and over again.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Pseudoscience