One bang one process.

Evolution.

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: One bang one process.

#4601  Postby romansh » Jul 02, 2023 9:28 pm

pfrankinstein wrote: With your imagination you can ask the man himself his option. Charles Darwin directly about his theory of 'mechanism'

Darwin had little information as to the mechanism.
The mechanism is at the molecular scale ... genotypes. Darwin recognized a pattern at the phenotypical scale. Evolution (Darwin's) happens at the molecular scale ... as does snowflake formation. Do snowflakes replicate, ask the question of Darwin Paul. Do you think Darwin thinks snowflakes replicate?
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
romansh

Print view this post

#4602  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 03, 2023 2:44 am

Oh look, the lying liar has returned to form and is lying again.

It's frankly amazing that anyone can be thick enough to lie about what's been written in the same thread they're lying in.

Utterly idiotic, but also shows that the motivation isn't innocent, but purely bad faith. Bad faith lying and blagging for the best part of 2 decades - what kind of twisted fuckwittery does that entail?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#4603  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 03, 2023 2:46 am

romansh wrote:
pfrankinstein wrote: With your imagination you can ask the man himself his option. Charles Darwin directly about his theory of 'mechanism'

Darwin had little information as to the mechanism.
The mechanism is at the molecular scale ... genotypes. Darwin recognized a pattern at the phenotypical scale. Evolution (Darwin's) happens at the molecular scale ... as does snowflake formation. Do snowflakes replicate, ask the question of Darwin Paul. Do you think Darwin thinks snowflakes replicate?

Paul's entirely ignorant of Mendel. But if you spend long enough explaining about the mechanism of inheritance and how it was discovered, then Paul will be happy to lie and pretend he knew about it all along. If we're really lucky, Paul might even start telling us what Mendel thought, and how Mendel definitely would support Paul.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#4604  Postby THWOTH » Jul 03, 2023 9:23 am

Spearthrower wrote:Oh look, the lying liar has returned to form and is lying again.

It's frankly amazing that anyone can be thick enough to lie about what's been written in the same thread they're lying in.

Utterly idiotic, but also shows that the motivation isn't innocent, but purely bad faith. Bad faith lying and blagging for the best part of 2 decades - what kind of twisted fuckwittery does that entail?

Noting the intellectual dishonesty is one thing, but speculatively pathologising it is another thing entirely. Pointing out the errors, fallacies, and misrepresentations as they occur is fair, but as frustrating as interacting with Paul is, we should probably let the other stuff blow away on the wind, eh(?) - lest we end up just trolling ourselves! :)
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4605  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 03, 2023 2:09 pm

THWOTH wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:Oh look, the lying liar has returned to form and is lying again.

Noting the intellectual dishonesty is one thing, but speculatively pathologising it is another thing entirely. Pointing out the errors, fallacies, and misrepresentations as they occur is fair, but as frustrating as interacting with Paul is, we should probably let the other stuff blow away on the wind, eh(?) - lest we end up just trolling ourselves! :)

In the absence of moderation, I'm afraid I really don't care. The lying bullshit and trolling should have been shut down a long, long time ago for there to be any justifiable demand for discursive propriety.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#4606  Postby pfrankinstein » Jul 04, 2023 5:53 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
THWOTH wrote:

In the absence of moderation, I'm afraid I really don't care. The lying bullshit and trolling should have been shut down a long, long time ago for there to be any justifiable demand for discursive propriety.

How does the phrase ' Vulcan logic ' grab you sir?
Paul.

He's going all space cadet. I hear you.

Ask the inovater... ask thrower, ask the futuristic logical character.

Ah... Polls apart.
pfrankinstein

Name: paul

Print view this post

#4607  Postby romansh » Jul 04, 2023 11:11 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:How does the question ' Do snowflakes replicate? ' grab you sir?
Paul.

FIFY
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
romansh

Print view this post

#4608  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 05, 2023 7:52 am

The grand conclusion Paul is so very proud of and is sure marks his brilliance as that equal to intellectual greats such as Darwin: evolution (i.e. change over time) is a process (i.e. a series of changes over time).

His next brilliant insight that he will spend another 2 decades exposing to the drudging masses: water is wet.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#4609  Postby romansh » Jul 05, 2023 3:53 pm

Spearthrower wrote:His next brilliant insight that he will spend another 2 decades exposing to the drudging masses: water is wet.

No,no,no! Water is not just wet, being wet is a process with a mechanism. It's all part of the one process, since the big bang.

But I guess we will never find out whether replication is involved in being wet or not.
romansh

Print view this post

#4610  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 05, 2023 11:21 pm

romansh wrote:
No,no,no! Water is not just wet, being wet is a process with a mechanism.

:lol:

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#4611  Postby pfrankinstein » Jul 07, 2023 9:38 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
romansh wrote:
No,no,no! Water is not just wet, being wet is a process with a mechanism.

:lol:

What is the subject. The subject is 'evolution '. What is 'Evolution?

Darwin? Thrower? Spock? Past present future.

Do you realise your opinion was formulated by means of ' thrower' selection. Each of us our own.
pfrankinstein

Name: paul

Print view this post

#4612  Postby romansh » Jul 08, 2023 3:58 am

pfrankinstein wrote: What is 'Evolution?

Asked and answered many times ... but one more time for your edification:
It is a process where entities:
    replicate,
    imperfectly,
    and some preferentially according to the environment.
The mechanisms for each step may vary.

Do snowflakes replicate?
romansh

Print view this post

#4613  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 08, 2023 6:58 am

Paul's been asking this question for years, but despite dozens of different people educating him, he remains resolutely, adamantly, arrogantly ignorant of even the most superficial acknowledgment of reality.

Just in the above exchange alone, the pattern of Paul's stonewalling and trolling is perfectly clear. He repeats a question he's asked dozens of times, and that question's been answered - sometimes in great detail - dozens of times by dozens of people, but he keeps JAQing off on that single question as if he's performing something other than acting like an arsehole to people. On the other side, he's been asked a clear, direct, simple question dozens of times and refuses ever to answer, refuses even to acknowledge the question.

And moderation remains paralyzed in even considering addressing it. :dunno: Seems simple enough to tell the chap to stop lying and bullshitting to me. This thread provides examples of the moderation doing exactly that with Paul's trolling from the outset, but today, you have to call someone a 'cunt' for anyone to notice, and then you can even get away with calling everyone cunts because of the 'group rule' or something. Meanwhile, current users online 2 with 400 bots. Maybe there's a connection there, but regardless, there's not even the excuse that this thread somehow offers educational value to anyone.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#4614  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 08, 2023 7:05 am

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#4615  Postby THWOTH » Jul 08, 2023 9:50 am

You know what they say about people who ask the same question over and over expecting a different answer...
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4616  Postby kiore » Jul 08, 2023 7:05 pm

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
This thread is locked for review of multiple reports.
Folding@Home Team member.
What does this stuff mean?
Read here:
general-science/folding-home-team-182116-t616.html
kiore
Senior Moderator

Print view this post

#4617  Postby Blip » Jul 10, 2023 6:50 am

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
After twelve years this thread, characterised by repetition and exchange of insults, has run its course and will remain locked.
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Pseudoscience