'I'm in love with my grandson and we're having a baby'

Discussions about society in general and social activity.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: 'I'm in love with my grandson and we're having a baby'

#41  Postby HughMcB » Apr 29, 2010 5:43 pm

natselrox wrote:I read the diary of one boy in our school who liked to imagine sexual encounters with his mother. I was like fourteen or fifteen then and was so shocked to read that. Weird!

:shock:
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#42  Postby GenesForLife » Apr 29, 2010 5:46 pm

suicide pacts even, Utopia?
GenesForLife

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#43  Postby natselrox » Apr 29, 2010 5:48 pm

GenesForLife wrote:Nastel you pervert! reading others' diaries?

Well, what can I say? I was the (most innocent) member of the most evil gang of our school. :grin:
When in perplexity, read on.

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#44  Postby Alnilam » Apr 29, 2010 5:56 pm

I threw up a little

angelo wrote:The words of Enoch Powell will come to haunt Western society.

:insane:
Alnilam
RS Donator

Print view this post

#45  Postby juːtoʊpiə » Apr 29, 2010 6:08 pm

GenesForLife wrote:suicide pacts even, Utopia?

I was actually talking about sex, but yeah, that too. Your life is your own for the taking, and if you want to do it with someone else, more power to you.
Religion has no place within schools just like facts have no place within religion- Superintendent Chalmers
Homophobia is gay :lay:
juːtoʊpiə

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#46  Postby kiki5711 » Apr 29, 2010 6:09 pm

juːtoʊpiə wrote:
kiki5711 wrote:Well, does anyone feel there is no boundaries ever as long as the people are over 18 and consulting? How far can low can you go?

As long as all parties are consenting and old enough to appreciate what they're consenting to, everthing goes :nod:

Do what you like but don't shove it down on me to accept. It is not acceptable in my book.
kiki5711

Print view this post

#47  Postby juːtoʊpiə » Apr 29, 2010 6:12 pm

kiki5711 wrote:
juːtoʊpiə wrote:
kiki5711 wrote:Well, does anyone feel there is no boundaries ever as long as the people are over 18 and consulting? How far can low can you go?

As long as all parties are consenting and old enough to appreciate what they're consenting to, everthing goes :nod:

Do what you like but don't shove it down on me to accept. It is not acceptable in my book.

I don't believe anyone was shoving it down on you to accept :eh:

Since you mention it, though- why isn't it acceptable?
Religion has no place within schools just like facts have no place within religion- Superintendent Chalmers
juːtoʊpiə

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#48  Postby Aurlito » Apr 29, 2010 6:22 pm

DoctorE wrote:Daughter/father....
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBN20gozvSg[/youtube]

The interviewer looks like wants to jump on them and beat them up.
If your thoughts are the same as they were yesterday, your retired.
Aurlito
Banned Troll

Male

Print view this post

#49  Postby Fallible » Apr 29, 2010 6:27 pm

No boundaries, nope.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#50  Postby natselrox » Apr 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Having seen a congenitally blind child as a result of incest (which is quite common in the muslims), I'd say, fuck each other's brains out but don't reproduce. :naughty: In that case, I have a fucking problem with your little naughty thing.

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#51  Postby r.c » Apr 29, 2010 6:35 pm

Ok they are above 18 and are consenting adults. But what if they want to have a child knowing that it may have severe genetic defects. To me that part is unacceptable.
" By virtue of being old, nothing necessarily is good; nor is anything unacceptable by virtue of being new; The wise accept only after examining, while the fools go by others' understanding."
r.c

Male

Print view this post

#52  Postby natselrox » Apr 29, 2010 6:43 pm

*dons Marlon Brando's voice*

But I'm a superstitious man. And if some unlucky accident should befall the child. Should he be diagnosed with Tay-Sach's disease, should he find himself blind from birth, should he be a schizophrenic...then I'm going to blame some of the people involved. And that I do not forgive. But that aside, let me say that I swear on the souls of my grandchildren (whom I don't fuck, incidentally) that I'll not be the one to break the peace we've made here today.

natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#53  Postby purplerat » Apr 29, 2010 6:46 pm

That's part of living in a free society. Your personal tastes do not dictate other people's boundaries.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#54  Postby iamthereforeithink » Apr 29, 2010 6:52 pm

purplerat wrote:

That's part of living in a free society. Your personal tastes do not dictate other people's boundaries.

It's not just a question of personal taste, given that such a child is EXTREMELY likely to be born with congenital defects. Is it fair on the unborn child ?
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
iamthereforeithink

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#55  Postby purplerat » Apr 29, 2010 6:52 pm

r.c wrote:Ok they are above 18 and are consenting adults. But what if they want to have a child knowing that it may have severe genetic defects. To me that part is unacceptable.

At what age would you want to tell people they are no longer allowed to have children? Oh wait you probably want the inbreeding thing which is actually less of a risk than a 72 year old women having a child. Of course neither of these two concerns even apply to this case if you read the story but you have to be careful when going down the road in saying who should or shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#56  Postby kiki5711 » Apr 29, 2010 6:56 pm

purplerat wrote:
r.c wrote:Ok they are above 18 and are consenting adults. But what if they want to have a child knowing that it may have severe genetic defects. To me that part is unacceptable.

At what age would you want to tell people they are no longer allowed to have children? Oh wait you probably want the inbreeding thing which is actually less of a risk than a 72 year old women having a child. Of course neither of these two concerns even apply to this case if you read the story but you have to be careful when going down the road in saying who should or shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

Yea yea blah blah free society and whatevahhhh it's god damn wrong.
kiki5711

Print view this post

#57  Postby purplerat » Apr 29, 2010 6:58 pm

iamthereforeithink wrote:
purplerat wrote:

It's not just a question of personal taste, given that such a child is EXTREMELY likely to be born with congenital defects. Is it fair on the unborn child ?

See my last post. First of all you obviously didn't even read the story about this particular case and second of all even close incestuous relations are only slightly more likely to result in birth defects. There's a whole list of conditions and circumstances which are much higher risk for birth defects than single generational inbreeding. But most people don't bat an eye at those other situations because we grant the parents the right to make that decision. For example a woman who has had breast cancer should also avoid having children since her offspring would be likely to face the same issues.
Last edited by purplerat on Apr 29, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#58  Postby purplerat » Apr 29, 2010 6:59 pm

kiki5711 wrote:
purplerat wrote:

Well as an atheist I pay little attention to those things that god has damned as wrong and worry more about what is really wrong.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#59  Postby juːtoʊpiə » Apr 29, 2010 7:00 pm

kiki5711 wrote:
purplerat wrote:

How insightful :think:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hBTqgCGnhU[/youtube]
juːtoʊpiə

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#60  Postby r.c » Apr 29, 2010 7:16 pm

purplerat wrote:

Yeah i know its not relevant to this case. My response was to a slight derail in the thread to incest in general. I just did a cursory search on the risks associated with old women getting pregnant and this is what I found ... Not sure how reliable it is though.

http://40andbetter.obgyn.net/display.as ... ity-111202
" By virtue of being old, nothing necessarily is good; nor is anything unacceptable by virtue of being new; The wise accept only after examining, while the fools go by others' understanding."
r.c

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Sociology