PS4 announcement.

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: PS4 announcement.

#241  Postby tuco » Nov 26, 2013 6:39 pm

Twitch in a tizzy following inappropriate PS4 livestreams - http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2056 ... treams.php

Hmm how exactly is the problem? And no, I do not think of the kids.
tuco

Print view this post

#242  Postby Animavore » Nov 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Man broadcasts footage of his naked and passed-out wife live online through his PlayStation 4 after stripping her clothes off while she was in a drunken stupor

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2lmIfvHUe
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That's how.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#243  Postby tuco » Nov 26, 2013 6:49 pm

And? The problem is that they broke TOS or being naked?
tuco

Print view this post

#244  Postby mraltair » Nov 26, 2013 6:59 pm

tuco wrote:And? The problem is that they broke TOS or being naked?

Because Twitch don't want to be a party to any crimes.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#245  Postby tuco » Nov 26, 2013 7:04 pm

What crimes? Naked people are all over the internet.
tuco

Print view this post

#246  Postby mraltair » Nov 26, 2013 7:34 pm

tuco wrote:What crimes? Naked people are all over the internet.

Depending on jurisdiction and definition: sexual harassment, sexual molestation, assault or rape.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#247  Postby tuco » Nov 26, 2013 8:05 pm

How about murder? This is ridiculous in my opinion. If there is live stream anything can happen. On PC people been streaming for years. Do not like the stream, do not watch it. Its not mandatory. I just do not get it.
tuco

Print view this post

#248  Postby mraltair » Nov 26, 2013 8:28 pm

tuco wrote:How about murder? This is ridiculous in my opinion. If there is live stream anything can happen. On PC people been streaming for years. Do not like the stream, do not watch it. Its not mandatory. I just do not get it.

Urrm, it's up to Twitch to decide what they allow to be broadcast on their service in the same way Youtube does with videos on it's site. If Twitch decides broadcasting a murder is against it's rules it will follow it's procedures to deal with it.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#249  Postby tuco » Nov 26, 2013 8:49 pm

mraltair wrote:
tuco wrote:How about murder? This is ridiculous in my opinion. If there is live stream anything can happen. On PC people been streaming for years. Do not like the stream, do not watch it. Its not mandatory. I just do not get it.

Urrm, it's up to Twitch to decide what they allow to be broadcast on their service in the same way Youtube does with videos on it's site. If Twitch decides broadcasting a murder is against it's rules it will follow it's procedures to deal with it.

mraltair wrote:
tuco wrote:And? The problem is that they broke TOS or being naked?

Because Twitch don't want to be a party to any crimes.

So they broke .. TOS.

edit: I just did not understand what the problem is. Some people broke TOS, been banned .. so what? Because its PS4, its hype? Thats why I asked as it did not make sense to me.

Video game streaming service Twitch has been forced to heavily moderate streaming content on the newly-launched PlayStation 4 console, after some users have been abusing the video capture functionality to broadcast explicit images.

Its not like Sony invented nor owns Twitch or?
tuco

Print view this post

#250  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 27, 2013 12:25 am

purplerat wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:That's a wonderful graphic for the US, double it and you are paying what I pay for games. Unless I get a digital copy of the games I pay at least double that price and sometimes when publishers like being assholes they don't let me just pay the US price with my AUD oh no they change the price on Steam for people in Aus to about double as well. EA does that one a lot.

Has that been an increase over recent years?

It has been that way as long as I have been buying games. 80-90 dollars is the normal price for a new game here, with any special edition being over 100.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#251  Postby purplerat » Nov 27, 2013 12:29 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:
purplerat wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:That's a wonderful graphic for the US, double it and you are paying what I pay for games. Unless I get a digital copy of the games I pay at least double that price and sometimes when publishers like being assholes they don't let me just pay the US price with my AUD oh no they change the price on Steam for people in Aus to about double as well. EA does that one a lot.

It has been that way as long as I have been buying games. 80-90 dollars is the normal price for a new game here, with any special edition being over 100.

so then the chart would still hold true that video games are cheaper than ever when adjusted for inflation, no?
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#252  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 27, 2013 12:38 am

purplerat wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:
purplerat wrote:

so then the chart would still hold true that video games are cheaper than ever when adjusted for inflation, no?

Yes game are no doubt cheaper here in that respect, but that wasn't my point. My point was simply that Aus is being ripped off by game publishers in brick and mortar stores and is also at times being ripped off over digital download as well. I wasn't actually disagreeing with your graphic or post, merely pointing out that it is only accurate price wise in the US.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#253  Postby Animavore » Nov 28, 2013 6:31 pm

In around six hours I shall posses.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#254  Postby tuco » Nov 28, 2013 8:04 pm

Enjoy :)
tuco

Print view this post

#255  Postby Animavore » Nov 29, 2013 2:24 am

I am :D

64 player Battlefield is the shizz.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#256  Postby aban57 » Nov 29, 2013 11:30 am

Just picked up my PS4. I won't be able to play before tomorrow, since I'm currently moving.
Anyway, since the game I bought it for (Watch Dogs) has ben postponed, and I just discovered that FIFA 14 has been cut of half of his mode games, I don't know what game I'll get. Not AC4 for sure, no BF4 or COD, no Killzone, no Knack. Doesn't leave much...
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#257  Postby mraltair » Nov 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Animavore wrote:I am :D

64 player Battlefield is the shizz.

If you ever want to level up at an increased speed try Obliteration on Operation locker. I played a 1hr 30min round that was insane. The chat was full of people begging there team to lose just to end it. :lol:

EDIT: On PC of course. I can't afford these new fangled consoles.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#258  Postby Animavore » Nov 29, 2013 4:10 pm

They've put a time limit on Obliteration since then.

Can never finish a round of Operation Locker without getting kicked to the PS4 menu and getting an error. I think DICE need to patch their patch.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#259  Postby mraltair » Nov 29, 2013 4:45 pm

Animavore wrote:They've put a time limit on Obliteration since then.

Can never finish a round of Operation Locker without getting kicked to the PS4 menu and getting an error. I think DICE need to patch their patch.

Yeah, they've been having a few... issues with the servers.

On the PC, the server host can remove the time limit. I expect an hour and a half is nothing compared to the longest round so far. Probably a round still going from launch day.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#260  Postby Animavore » Nov 29, 2013 5:42 pm

I'd say when PS3/4 get dedicated servers soon they'll probably have the option to remove the time. I'll probably avoid dedicated servers like the plague, though. I just want to play the game as is and not be subject to arbitrary rules (no stingers/no shotguns/no C4 on enemy base etc.).
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games