Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: PS4 announcement.

#281  Postby tuco » Apr 07, 2014 9:49 pm

tuco

Print view this post

#282  Postby electricwhiteboy » Jun 03, 2014 12:03 pm

Nabbing myself one at the end of the month. Which of the games are worth paying the silly boys prices for?
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#283  Postby Ironclad » Jun 03, 2014 12:08 pm

Argos ebay outlet are throwing these out for £300 at the mo. There might be a crash sale upcoming!
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#284  Postby Animavore » Jun 03, 2014 1:44 pm

electricwhiteboy wrote:Nabbing myself one at the end of the month. Which of the games are worth paying the silly boys prices for?

Depends what you're into I guess. I play a lot of BF4 and Killzone: Shadow Fall.

I'm waiting for the likes of Evolve, Destiny, Driveclub, Lords of Fallen, Dragon Age: Inquisition etc. coming between now and Christmas.

Watch Dogs might be good though. Haven't played it yet.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#285  Postby Animavore » Jun 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Some Sony VR with Project Morpheus. Also, check out that really cool camera at the beginning!

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#286  Postby Animavore » Jun 11, 2014 12:45 pm

:wrong thread:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#287  Postby electricwhiteboy » Jul 01, 2014 10:37 am

Just placed an order for mine direct from the Sony store on interest free credit. Now I just have to hope the postie doesn't screw this up for me. Outlast and Watchdogs for me I think.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#288  Postby Animavore » Jul 29, 2014 8:15 am

Gaystation.

(this is real)
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#289  Postby Ironclad » Jul 29, 2014 10:07 am

It might look ok, if that shitty looking heart was removed.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#290  Postby tuco » Jul 29, 2014 12:03 pm

Well, retro/indie is IN so are gays ;)
tuco

Print view this post

#291  Postby tuco » Aug 01, 2014 8:40 am

Sony: EA Access Doesn't 'Represent Good Value To The PlayStation Gamer'

[snip]

“We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect,” a Sony representative told us via email. “PlayStation Plus memberships are up more than 200% since the launch of PlayStation 4, which shows that gamers are looking for memberships that offer a multitude of services, across various devices, for one low price. We don’t think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer.”

[snip]

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... gamer.aspx
tuco

Print view this post

#292  Postby felltoearth » Aug 05, 2014 7:52 pm

Just picked up a refurbished PS3 (Slim model 200GB). Mainly for my kids, they got a ps4 at their moms place but really want to play Skyrim. I'll be putting the GameCube up for sale, a limited edition silver GC in its original box. Apparently I can get about 100$CND for it which means that the PS3 was 79$ net.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#293  Postby Mazille » Aug 05, 2014 8:06 pm

tuco wrote:Sony: EA Access Doesn't 'Represent Good Value To The PlayStation Gamer'

[snip]

“We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect,” a Sony representative told us via email. “PlayStation Plus memberships are up more than 200% since the launch of PlayStation 4, which shows that gamers are looking for memberships that offer a multitude of services, across various devices, for one low price. We don’t think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer.”

[snip]

Except from what I heard it doesn't have to be additional, as you can have the EA thingy without the Plus thingy.

That said, either seems like a shit idea to the masterrace, though the Plus thingy less so, because of the free games.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#294  Postby purplerat » Aug 20, 2014 5:27 pm

tuco wrote:Sony: EA Access Doesn't 'Represent Good Value To The PlayStation Gamer'

[snip]

[snip]

I don't get this mentality that by offering something extra for an extra cost you are forcing anybody's hand to get it or pay for it. Now I don't actually buy that as being the real reason Sony isn't offering this. I'm sure it's politics between Sony, EA and Microsoft but this line of crap about "asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month" is nonsense aimed at making Sony customers feel good about getting less. Personally I have purchased the EA Season Ticket sub the last two years, which basically cost the same as Access but offers far less, because it was worth it to me. It's disappointing that not only can I not get it this year but that there's actually something better available that I can't get because I have a PS4 and not an XBox One.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#295  Postby tuco » Aug 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Perhaps they do not want competition, yet? So yes, politics /shurgs

---
Cheap Beer and the Psychology of PlayStation Now Pricing

Sony recently launched its new Playstation Now service that lets you rent access to streaming games. Technically I know they're saying it's still in beta, but they're taking your money and giving you a product. That's "launched." Prices vary by game, but they always follow the same structure.

[snip]

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JamieMad ... ricing.php
tuco

Print view this post

#296  Postby felltoearth » Sep 01, 2014 4:00 pm

I just saw Destiny being demoed at FanEx yesterday at the PS booth. Holy crap it's gorgeous.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#297  Postby Animavore » Sep 02, 2014 7:44 am

I played the beta a couple of months back. It's rather good.
Out in seven days.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#298  Postby electricwhiteboy » Sep 02, 2014 10:23 am

felltoearth wrote:I just saw Destiny being demoed at FanEx yesterday at the PS booth. Holy crap it's gorgeous.

Pre-ordered on the strength of the beta, and I have two weeks off work starting next Tuesday. The only con is that the girlfriend got seriously hooked when the beta was up, so she'll be taking the night shift when my mates are actually playing.

I have PS plus but she doesn't, is there any word if you can use the game with out it? You could access everything bar the true multiplayer in the beta. There would be some benefits to sharing a profile, mostly for her accessing my stash and hand me downs. The huge downside is buying end game items which could quickly become a nasty arguement as all resources are pooled between characters.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#299  Postby felltoearth » Sep 02, 2014 12:55 pm

electricwhiteboy wrote:
felltoearth wrote:I just saw Destiny being demoed at FanEx yesterday at the PS booth. Holy crap it's gorgeous.

Pre-ordered on the strength of the beta, and I have two weeks off work starting next Tuesday. The only con is that the girlfriend got seriously hooked when the beta was up, so she'll be taking the night shift when my mates are actually playing.

I have PS plus but she doesn't, is there any word if you can use the game with out it? You could access everything bar the true multiplayer in the beta. There would be some benefits to sharing a profile, mostly for her accessing my stash and hand me downs. The huge downside is buying end game items which could quickly become a nasty arguement as all resources are pooled between characters.

I haven't gotten that deep into it. Just saw the beta being demoed, lol. I only have a PS3 (my sons have their PS4 at their moms place) so I might have to miss this for a while.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#300  Postby Animavore » Sep 02, 2014 12:57 pm

It's on PS3 too.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)