Upcoming Video Games

Computer and console game related chat

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Upcoming Video Games

#1941  Postby mraltair » Mar 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Animavore wrote:Dark Souls 2 is out next week. I am super exited. More so than any of the "next gen" games next month, InFamous: SS, Titanfall and Metal Gear Solid: GZ I don't think you'll see me around after next Friday.

This Fox story is like, free advertising for them.

Just don't go killing anyone. You did well to avoid doing so while playing the first one.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#1942  Postby Animavore » Mar 05, 2014 8:20 pm

So tempting as well...
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#1943  Postby willhud9 » Mar 05, 2014 8:54 pm

MattHunX wrote:
Animavore wrote:
I’ve written a lot about video game violence in the past. Games like Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty are often blamed for causing school shootings and other acts of violence.

There are plenty of pundits in the media with very little understanding of video games who are quick to link killers’ motivation to their gaming or film tastes.

But I never expected to see Dark Souls join this pantheon.

Well, it turns out that Craigslist killer Miranda Barbour is a fan of From Software’s dark, “death-laden” game.

:picard:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... ark-souls/

Unless someone...has...some syndrome...Asperger or something...they won't mistake civilians for undead skeletons and they definitely won't try to hurt anyone for being giant flying dragons. :-|

:lol: My father used to tell me all of the stories of people blaming teenage violence on Dungeons and Dragons.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1944  Postby Imp » Mar 05, 2014 8:56 pm

I used to play DnD with some guys who were really into hockey... connection? :lol:
Even creationism evolves - Mr P (Grizby)
:offtopic:

THWOTH wrote:Devil spawn kitty killer! :mad:
Imp
RS Donator

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#1945  Postby Animavore » Mar 06, 2014 2:05 pm

Watch Dogs finally gets a release date.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch- ... 0-6417977/
Watch Dogs release date announced for everything except Wii U
Leaked trailer confirms May 27 release date for open-world action game on Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, and PC; Wii U version coming later.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#1946  Postby Animavore » Mar 06, 2014 2:10 pm

Story trailer.

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#1947  Postby MattHunX » Mar 06, 2014 2:41 pm

Animavore wrote:Story trailer.

There's a bit of Rorschach in his voice in some instances. Or is it just me...?

I wonder who the chick is. :)
MattHunX

Print view this post

#1948  Postby Animavore » Mar 06, 2014 4:04 pm

Just got a copy of Knack sent to me from The Official PlayStation Forum for my contributions.

:pulp:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#1949  Postby Animavore » Mar 06, 2014 8:26 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#1950  Postby Mazille » Mar 06, 2014 8:37 pm

The first one was so good, and the second one was so bad. I hope they follow the Windows curve on those games, but I'll stay safe and wait for it to come out and get shredded, or praised - as the case may be - before I invest any interest in this.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#1951  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 06, 2014 8:42 pm

Mazille wrote:The first one was so good, and the second one was so bad. I hope they follow the Windows curve on those games, but I'll stay safe and wait for it to come out and get shredded, or praised - as the case may be - before I invest any interest in this.

:this:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#1952  Postby Animavore » Mar 07, 2014 5:55 pm

For anyone getting InFamous: Second Son they've a nice viral website where you can complete games to get a karma boost in the game when it comes out.
For American residents they'll even send you a conduit test kit, whatever that is.

http://enjoyyourpower.com/
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#1953  Postby willhud9 » Mar 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Mazille wrote:The first one was so good, and the second one was so bad. I hope they follow the Windows curve on those games, but I'll stay safe and wait for it to come out and get shredded, or praised - as the case may be - before I invest any interest in this.

Second one wasn't bad. It was not as great as the first that's for sure, and the ending was definitely disappointing as my actions didn't seem to have a major effect on anything and if I had control over the game, both Fenris and Anders would have become moderate in their zeals due to me being a diplomatic friend, but aside from that, the combat was smoother, the interface was smoother, and I liked the first part of the game tremendously.
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1954  Postby Mazille » Mar 07, 2014 7:19 pm

It was a static world, full of the same two copy-pasted dungeons with enemies crawling directly out of your ass and spawning behind you.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#1955  Postby Matt8819 » Mar 07, 2014 9:20 pm

It fell way short of the first one for sure. The story had potential, but it felt insanely rushed.

Sent from my phone, somehow
Matt8819
RS Donator

Name: Matt
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1956  Postby willhud9 » Mar 07, 2014 9:38 pm

Mazille wrote:It was a static world, full of the same two copy-pasted dungeons with enemies crawling directly out of your ass and spawning behind you.

Eh, I still enjoyed it a lot.

If the third mixes the combat system of the second with the lore and story content of the first than I will be super happy.
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1957  Postby Mazille » Mar 07, 2014 9:46 pm

willhud9 wrote:
Mazille wrote:It was a static world, full of the same two copy-pasted dungeons with enemies crawling directly out of your ass and spawning behind you.

Eh, I still enjoyed it a lot.

It wasn't the abomination people made it out to be. It just was a below mediocre AAA game that happened to have a very good predecessor. What they changed for 2 was worse than in the first part and the rest more or less held up. Well, that and it was very rushed, as Matt said.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#1958  Postby Animavore » Mar 11, 2014 5:35 pm

Witcher 3 delayed 'til 2015.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/03/11/t ... ed-to-2015

Is delaying the new thing in gaming now? I mean, no one wants a mess-up like Battlefield 4, but this is getting ridiculous.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#1959  Postby tuco » Mar 11, 2014 10:39 pm

Not sure if its a trend, do not have such information, but if consumers want to get better value for their money it would be step in right direction. EA got in legal troubles this time iirc which is more serious matter than bitching consumers who are not able nor willing to exercise their right not to buy (from) what is known as "not working as intended."

As it was noted, with regards to South Park for example, what is possible in the software licencing business is not possible anywhere else. Reasons are understandable, and if not there is EULA, but only to certain extent. What could be called faulty product, or perhaps beta, is sometimes being released just to meet deadline and for other marketing reasons with hope it will be patched later. Back in days when this was not possible, say cartridges and other offline devices, publishers did not have such luxury and it would be interesting to see some numbers on mess-ups today and then.

I think the software licencing business is getting ridiculous in sense that there is lots of money changing hands but the value offered, from consumer point of view, is not adequate.

I want:

- to be able to re-sell any licence I purchase, digital, physical, supernatural I dont care
- to be able to get refund for faulty product
- to be able to try before buy
- to be able to rent
- and if I call EA support after being patient for month that my FIFA Ultimate Team I paid to play fucking 800 euro for was not working I do not want to get fucking Hare Krishna (sry India could be any fucking optimist) online to calm me down to tell me fuck all three times in row. Its technical support not shrink.
tuco

Print view this post

#1960  Postby Seabass » Mar 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Animavore wrote:Witcher 3 delayed 'til 2015.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/03/11/t ... ed-to-2015

Is delaying the new thing in gaming now? I mean, no one wants a mess-up like Battlefield 4, but this is getting ridiculous.

I certainly hope so. Unfinished games blow.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games