A summary of scientific, logical and mathematical faults in creationism

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The flaws in creationism

#321  Postby Arnold Layne » Aug 23, 2016 1:26 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
Alan B wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
Alan B wrote:I see. So, since ISIS considers themselves to be 'good' and everyone else is 'evil', then if they die a martyr, they will get their desires, their 72 virgins or whatever. :think:

It won't work. There are no 72 virgins waiting for anyone. :grin:

But these, er, 'good' people think there are. Who are you to call them liars?

They may be deluded in thinking themselves good and worthy of some reward. But even the genuine ones, who are fighting aggressors in their country, are still deluded as to the virgins. There is no rewards for spiritual practice or even for good deeds. One never becomes a freedom fighter for some reward.

A humane person, who acts as a matter of duty, without seeking any fruit for their activities, attains enlightenment.
When I was passing through Thermopolis in Greece in 1974, I became aware of the presence of King Leonidas the Spartan king. In a sense we met, transcending time. I realized that he had gained enlightenment because he fought against the Persians for the freedom of the Greek states, without thought for himself, without thought of life or death. He gained the unsought for, open door to heaven. This is the true freedom fighter. :cheers:

The true freedom fighter cannot be bribed and cannot be scared off, for these reasons he holds a position of power.

The problem of the virgins is simple. There is some corruption in the Koran, as there is in all religious texts, mostly corrupted for political reasons. The goal of religion is to attain to an awakening in the spiritual realm as to have eternal life, as opposed to eternal existence.

Death by preaching is on the cards now.
I'm a Pixiist
Arnold Layne

France (fr)
Print view this post

#322  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 23, 2016 1:29 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:@ SafeAsMilk
The evidence.
Inflammation is commonly seen associated with cancer.

Cancer cells are highly specialized stem cells. The number of USEFUL genetic changes that are required to go from ordinary cells to cancer are in the order of tens of thousands. To go from stem cells to cancer stem cells still requires thousands of USEFUL genetic changes. The idea that these are the result of clonal evolution is IMO rubbish.

There is ;some evidence that immuno-suppression DID NOT predispose the person to cancer. But the medical industry may have generated a manufactured belief that can then be used against people with immuno suppression.

These are people with AIDS and people, who are otherwise healthy but immuno-suppressed, and they are those with an organ transplant. Organ transplants began in 1954, when the kidney was successfully transplanted. In 1966-67 there were liver, heart and pancreas transplants successfully performed. And later in the 1980s there were lung and intestinal organ transplants. For all this time there was no talk about cancer risk being higher than the average of the population, until recently.

At 8:20 min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WmekiwhRmU 2012 esmo conference in Vienna, Doug Hanahan is asked:
"Is that the same debate then about evading the immune response?"
His response was:
"Correct.This is again been a very controversy field. There is evidence in animal models for so-called immune surveillance but the data in humans is more complex. For example transplant patients that are chronically immuno suppressed, HIV patients do not have increased incidences of the major forms of human cancer. What they do have is increasing incidence is viral induced cancers."

Since round about that time and since there are studies contradicting this but they are mostly talking about risk and not actual incidence.
2007 http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/99/6/421.full
"Transplant recipients are three to four times more likely to develop cancer than the general population...."

2011 http://www.cancer.gov/news-events/press ... CancerRisk
"Organ transplant recipients in the United States have a high risk of developing 32 different types of cancer, according to a new study of transplant recipients..."

And lastly there are plenty of people experiencing cancer remissions.

Even if I accepted this all at face value (which I don't), none of it supports your contention that you can just think cancer away.

Someone else's findings should NEVER be taken at face value, and that includes the stuff in the scientific journals because a lot of it turns out to be false. They told people fat was bad and there were thousands of papers published and yet they knew that every single cell in the body requires fat. It is an essential element. All membranes are made of lipids, i.e., from fats. Everything needs to be investigated. Find out for yourself. It is dismissing out of hand that is stupid.

No they didn't. You can't find a single scientific paper that says "fat is bad". You're welcome to try, but you won't find it. That misinformation came from journalists, people who didn't understand what the science was saying. You seem to get all your information from sources like that. Dismissing actual research in favor of ignorant dumbing-down of that research, now THAT'S stupid.

This is the usual way most people, who want to dismiss the matter, claim. No one thinks cancer away.
This is NOT what spontaneous remission is about. :naughty:

When the ideas and beliefs are dismissed as bogus, :clap:
====> the body reverses the changes and clears away the excesses.
:cheers:

So, thinking the cancer away then :picard:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#323  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 23, 2016 1:32 pm

Agrippina wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
Agrippina wrote:

Yeah I'd like her to tell that to my sister who has months to live. Dying of cancer and heart disease. It's all in her head, or something. :roll:

This is a common misconception. The ideas have been presented in such a way as to cause the person to form beliefs. However the person will react to those ideas/ beliefs, if they are unaware that the beliefs are just some manufactured garbage. The reaction is somatic. In cancer typically there is a perception of something harmful or possibly harmful.

The reaction in the body may be two fold. One is an inflammatory response, if there is a perception that some harm has occurred. The other is an attempt to build a barrier to prevent the perceived danger. The body can only build a barrier using cells. So a mass develops. If the person can be angered then they will become aggressive and as they see the theatre of war in their body they will react by building a bigger barrier, which means a bigger tumor.

The reaction to develop a tumor is not straight forward. The person has to be maltreated in someway as to suffer some issue and thus emotional reactivity. The reason for this is because the body is too smart to be tricked by a mental image, which is used to indicate the harm. And note the mental image may be mostly subliminal.

What happens with a mental image is that it triggers mirror neurons in the brain. Their activity will create some reaction in the body but the body says "wait a minute there is no sensory information going back to the brain from that area, so the image is only an idea. Thus there is no reaction.

To fool the body an issue is created so that there is some sort of emotional reactivity or some accompanying idea that may give rise to some activity. For example grief and sadness both affect the water metabolism. I don't fully understand why. In grief the activity may be in the bowel but it may also be associated with the gonads. So for instance the person may be attacked with a mental image of "being gutted" but that requires two "anchoring conditions".

The one anchor is that the image/idea is associated with something in the person's everyday experience. For example I had a part of a floor replaced and they used that to create the general suggestion of "it's been gutted". They then used the general suggestion to present a mental image of being attacked in the abdomen with an ice pick.

The other anchor is an issue. As I had an issue of loss and feeling grief my body was sending sensory information from the bowel to my brain. So my body was tricked and I developed a lump about the size of a golf ball.

Once I realized what was going on I was able to address the grief issue and get rid of it and affirm that the mental image was just suggestion. My body reversed the bowel cancer. I also discovered that I could use mental prescriptions so I was able to accelerate the cancer remission process.

Your sister can get well, if she is willing to consider with an open mind, the effects of ideas and beliefs in creating bodily reactivity. It only takes an ah ha experience to begin the cancer remission process.

Absolutely true. Not one word of "I'm sorry you're having to deal with this" or any other platitude that's not going to take away the slow grief of months of waiting and watching while she slowly chokes to death, just basically telling me it's her own fault for wishing this kind of death on herself. It has to be not only horsehit gobbledy-gook but downright the most insensitive thing anyone has ever said to another person who is going through a painful farewell. :yuk:

The idea of "wishing this kind of death on herself" is either not understanding what I am saying or simply trying to ridicule what I am saying.

Your response however seems enigmatic.
Don't presume to tell me what serious illness is about. I have known serious illness, stage 4 ovarian cancer with metastasis to the uterus, cervix, bowel and both lungs. And I had been told by doctors that there is really no treatment other than palliative. That I should get my things in order because I had six months to a year to live. That was in 1993. In mid 1994 about a year later the medical tests confirmed NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE. I could have given up hope and died but instead I investigated how I could survive and I had the first spontaneous remission.

I know full well that a person who is desperately sick will NEVER attack another person for holding up hope, even if their method of treatment doesn't sound good. I explored every avenue. I listen to anyone and everyone who offered me their advice and thanked them for the advice even if it sounded like rubbish. I was grateful for everyone who gave me hope. And I also found that many of those who said "so sorry you're sick and dying" was condescending and an enemy. It maybe why I don't tend to say "I'm sorry that....etc." to anyone.

IMO Dismissing a treatment out of hand, especially one that doesn't require doing anything or taking anything dangerous or anything at all, is the height of foolishness. And condemning the person who offers hope, shows a lack of respect or love for your sister. :thumbdown:
For a patient to heal the shaman uses any device, which will alter the patient's belief about reality.
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Name: Kyrani Eade
Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#324  Postby mindhack » Aug 23, 2016 1:36 pm

This thread possibly shows the very worst case I have ever seen of what the self-serving bias can do to a person.
(Ignorance --> Mystery) < (Knowledge --> Awe)
mindhack

Name: Van Amerongen
Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#325  Postby monkeyboy » Aug 23, 2016 1:40 pm

Arnold Layne wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
Alan B wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:

They may be deluded in thinking themselves good and worthy of some reward. But even the genuine ones, who are fighting aggressors in their country, are still deluded as to the virgins. There is no rewards for spiritual practice or even for good deeds. One never becomes a freedom fighter for some reward.

A humane person, who acts as a matter of duty, without seeking any fruit for their activities, attains enlightenment.
When I was passing through Thermopolis in Greece in 1974, I became aware of the presence of King Leonidas the Spartan king. In a sense we met, transcending time. I realized that he had gained enlightenment because he fought against the Persians for the freedom of the Greek states, without thought for himself, without thought of life or death. He gained the unsought for, open door to heaven. This is the true freedom fighter. :cheers:

The true freedom fighter cannot be bribed and cannot be scared off, for these reasons he holds a position of power.

The problem of the virgins is simple. There is some corruption in the Koran, as there is in all religious texts, mostly corrupted for political reasons. The goal of religion is to attain to an awakening in the spiritual realm as to have eternal life, as opposed to eternal existence.

I do hope she gets chance to answer my questions first, with actual relevant answers this time.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#326  Postby Agrippina » Aug 23, 2016 1:41 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
Agrippina wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:Serious question for Kyriani. Do all people reincarnate?

From my understanding, not all but most people reincarnate. There are various reason. The most common is that if the person dies with desires then those desires will bear fruits. If they have a particular purpose then that purpose will bear fruits. So for instance an enlightened soul does not reincarnate unless they wish to return to do some works on the physical plane.

It is also possible for the population of a planet to reach a high state of awareness and eliminate all evil and prevent them from incarnating among them as I believe will occur soon on Earth. The evil people will incarnate elsewhere or remain in a state of darkness and aloneness for ever.

You do know that we are merely apes, don't you? So tell me, if a chimp living in a jungle harbours feelings of hatred towards another member of their family, then dies before the dispute is resolved, is he/she reincarnated to "read a high state of awareness", possibly as a human ape? :ask:

Speak for yourself. I am not an ape.

Well there we go then. :roll:
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#327  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 23, 2016 1:43 pm

Arnold Layne wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
Alan B wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:

Who's preaching? :roll: I was responding to the matter of the seventy odd virgins.
Death for 72 virgins, or whatever it was, being on the cards is bullshit.
For a patient to heal the shaman uses any device, which will alter the patient's belief about reality.
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#328  Postby Agrippina » Aug 23, 2016 1:53 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
Agrippina wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:

This is a common misconception. The ideas have been presented in such a way as to cause the person to form beliefs. However the person will react to those ideas/ beliefs, if they are unaware that the beliefs are just some manufactured garbage. The reaction is somatic. In cancer typically there is a perception of something harmful or possibly harmful.

The reaction in the body may be two fold. One is an inflammatory response, if there is a perception that some harm has occurred. The other is an attempt to build a barrier to prevent the perceived danger. The body can only build a barrier using cells. So a mass develops. If the person can be angered then they will become aggressive and as they see the theatre of war in their body they will react by building a bigger barrier, which means a bigger tumor.

The reaction to develop a tumor is not straight forward. The person has to be maltreated in someway as to suffer some issue and thus emotional reactivity. The reason for this is because the body is too smart to be tricked by a mental image, which is used to indicate the harm. And note the mental image may be mostly subliminal.

What happens with a mental image is that it triggers mirror neurons in the brain. Their activity will create some reaction in the body but the body says "wait a minute there is no sensory information going back to the brain from that area, so the image is only an idea. Thus there is no reaction.

To fool the body an issue is created so that there is some sort of emotional reactivity or some accompanying idea that may give rise to some activity. For example grief and sadness both affect the water metabolism. I don't fully understand why. In grief the activity may be in the bowel but it may also be associated with the gonads. So for instance the person may be attacked with a mental image of "being gutted" but that requires two "anchoring conditions".

The one anchor is that the image/idea is associated with something in the person's everyday experience. For example I had a part of a floor replaced and they used that to create the general suggestion of "it's been gutted". They then used the general suggestion to present a mental image of being attacked in the abdomen with an ice pick.

The other anchor is an issue. As I had an issue of loss and feeling grief my body was sending sensory information from the bowel to my brain. So my body was tricked and I developed a lump about the size of a golf ball.

Once I realized what was going on I was able to address the grief issue and get rid of it and affirm that the mental image was just suggestion. My body reversed the bowel cancer. I also discovered that I could use mental prescriptions so I was able to accelerate the cancer remission process.

Your sister can get well, if she is willing to consider with an open mind, the effects of ideas and beliefs in creating bodily reactivity. It only takes an ah ha experience to begin the cancer remission process.

Absolutely true. Not one word of "I'm sorry you're having to deal with this" or any other platitude that's not going to take away the slow grief of months of waiting and watching while she slowly chokes to death, just basically telling me it's her own fault for wishing this kind of death on herself. It has to be not only horsehit gobbledy-gook but downright the most insensitive thing anyone has ever said to another person who is going through a painful farewell. :yuk:

The idea of "wishing this kind of death on herself" is either not understanding what I am saying or simply trying to ridicule what I am saying.

So you weren't saying that she brought this illness on herself when you said this:

Your sister can get well, if she is willing to consider with an open mind, the effects of ideas and beliefs in creating bodily reactivity.

Your response however seems enigmatic.
Don't presume to tell me what serious illness is about. I have known serious illness, stage 4 ovarian cancer with metastasis to the uterus, cervix, bowel and both lungs. And I had been told by doctors that there is really no treatment other than palliative. That I should get my things in order because I had six months to a year to live. That was in 1993. In mid 1994 about a year later the medical tests confirmed NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE.

Which means the disease wasn't there in the first place. Funny how doctors can admit they were wrong.

Or some other agent interfered in the reversal of your illness, your deity perhaps [/sarcasm]

I could have given up hope and died but instead I investigated how I could survive and I had the first spontaneous remission.

i.e. you thought it away! :roll:
I know full well that a person who is desperately sick will NEVER attack another person for holding up hope, even if their method of treatment doesn't sound good. I explored every avenue. I listen to anyone and everyone who offered me their advice and thanked them for the advice even if it sounded like rubbish. I was grateful for everyone who gave me hope. And I also found that many of those who said "so sorry you're sick and dying" was condescending and an enemy. It maybe why I don't tend to say "I'm sorry that....etc." to anyone.

I don't need your sympathy thank you, you've shown your lack of empathy in too many ways for me to expect it, or to feel thankful should you pretend to express it.

Funny how you never take any suggestion from real scientists seriously though.

IMO Dismissing a treatment out of hand, especially one that doesn't require doing anything or taking anything dangerous or anything at all, is the height of foolishness.

No, it is the height of common sense.

And condemning the person who offers hope, shows a lack of respect or love for your sister. :thumbdown:

Your insulting response is nothing more than what I expected from you. What you're offering is nothing but snake oil bullshit. Thank science my sister has the common sense to heed what real scientists and qualified physicians tell her. Thank her common sense that she has accepted that life is ephemeral, that we all have to die of something, and that some of us die earlier than we would like to. Instead of rushing around after nonsense, she is spending her last weeks with people who truly care about her and who are making her happy.
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#329  Postby Agrippina » Aug 23, 2016 1:54 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
Arnold Layne wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
Alan B wrote:

Who's preaching? :roll: I was responding to the matter of the seventy odd virgins.
Death for 72 virgins, or whatever it was, being on the cards is bullshit.

Oh the irony. The purveyor of bullshit has the temerity to accuse other people of peddling horse manure. :roll:
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#330  Postby Arnold Layne » Aug 23, 2016 1:57 pm

monkeyboy wrote:
Arnold Layne wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
Alan B wrote:

I do hope she gets chance to answer my questions first, with actual relevant answers this time.

And, do you reckon you will be entirely satisfied with her responses, given her history? :scratch:
I'm a Pixiist
Arnold Layne

France (fr)
Print view this post

#331  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 23, 2016 2:00 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:@ SafeAsMilk
The evidence.
Inflammation is commonly seen associated with cancer.

Cancer cells are highly specialized stem cells. The number of USEFUL genetic changes that are required to go from ordinary cells to cancer are in the order of tens of thousands. To go from stem cells to cancer stem cells still requires thousands of USEFUL genetic changes. The idea that these are the result of clonal evolution is IMO rubbish.

There is ;some evidence that immuno-suppression DID NOT predispose the person to cancer. But the medical industry may have generated a manufactured belief that can then be used against people with immuno suppression.

These are people with AIDS and people, who are otherwise healthy but immuno-suppressed, and they are those with an organ transplant. Organ transplants began in 1954, when the kidney was successfully transplanted. In 1966-67 there were liver, heart and pancreas transplants successfully performed. And later in the 1980s there were lung and intestinal organ transplants. For all this time there was no talk about cancer risk being higher than the average of the population, until recently.

At 8:20 min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WmekiwhRmU 2012 esmo conference in Vienna, Doug Hanahan is asked:
"Is that the same debate then about evading the immune response?"
His response was:
"Correct.This is again been a very controversy field. There is evidence in animal models for so-called immune surveillance but the data in humans is more complex. For example transplant patients that are chronically immuno suppressed, HIV patients do not have increased incidences of the major forms of human cancer. What they do have is increasing incidence is viral induced cancers."

Since round about that time and since there are studies contradicting this but they are mostly talking about risk and not actual incidence.
2007 http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/99/6/421.full
"Transplant recipients are three to four times more likely to develop cancer than the general population...."

2011 http://www.cancer.gov/news-events/press ... CancerRisk
"Organ transplant recipients in the United States have a high risk of developing 32 different types of cancer, according to a new study of transplant recipients..."

And lastly there are plenty of people experiencing cancer remissions.

Even if I accepted this all at face value (which I don't), none of it supports your contention that you can just think cancer away.

Someone else's findings should NEVER be taken at face value, and that includes the stuff in the scientific journals because a lot of it turns out to be false. They told people fat was bad and there were thousands of papers published and yet they knew that every single cell in the body requires fat. It is an essential element. All membranes are made of lipids, i.e., from fats. Everything needs to be investigated. Find out for yourself. It is dismissing out of hand that is stupid.

No they didn't. You can't find a single scientific paper that says "fat is bad". You're welcome to try, but you won't find it. That misinformation came from journalists, people who didn't understand what the science was saying. You seem to get all your information from sources like that. Dismissing actual research in favor of ignorant dumbing-down of that research, now THAT'S stupid.

This is the usual way most people, who want to dismiss the matter, claim. No one thinks cancer away.
This is NOT what spontaneous remission is about. :naughty:

When the ideas and beliefs are dismissed as bogus, :clap:
====> the body reverses the changes and clears away the excesses.
:cheers:

So, thinking the cancer away then :picard:

Looks like you "live in interesting times" :rofl:
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#332  Postby monkeyboy » Aug 23, 2016 2:05 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
Don't presume to tell me what serious illness is about. I have known serious illness, stage 4 ovarian cancer with metastasis to the uterus, cervix, bowel and both lungs. And I had been told by doctors that there is really no treatment other than palliative. That I should get my things in order because I had six months to a year to live. That was in 1993. In mid 1994 about a year later the medical tests confirmed NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE. I could have given up hope and died but instead I investigated how I could survive and I had the first spontaneous remission.

Wow! That sounds truly amazing. I don't suppose there's a shred of credible evidence for this. A recovery like that is no everyday event, it's the kind of event often referred to as 'miraculous'. I've been reading medical journals routinely since around 1992 and don't remember seeing anything about this sort of thing happening. I would have thought oncologists would have been all over it.

When my ex was diagnosed with cervical cancer, we found nothing in our searches of treatments that mentioned a case like yours. We ended up going down the tried and tested surgical route. No recurrence of any cancer and we're 8 yrs on. Lucky for us, we caught it early. No change in attitudes really or acceptance of any odd sounding ideas, just old fashioned trust in evidenced medicine. Her case was nothing special and would only serve the advance of medical practice by being a statistic supporting regular screening and early intervention maybe. Yours sounds like it's truly amazing. How come we're only hearing about it now over 20 yrs later?

Why wasnt this all over the journals and the international news? Sounds a bit of a dubious claim without some sort of supporting evidence. If pushed, I could produce testimony from my ex, copies of legal paperwork regarding a related life insurance claim and copies of details of her diagnosis from the consultant surgeon who treated her and followed her up for the next 5 yrs. Do you have anything to support what you say happened? I'm just a touch sceptical.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#333  Postby mindhack » Aug 23, 2016 2:17 pm

Don't make this about you, monkeyboy. :naughty:
mindhack

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#334  Postby monkeyboy » Aug 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Arnold Layne wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:
Arnold Layne wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:

And, do you reckon you will be entirely satisfied with her responses, given her history? :scratch:

Well, I try to ask simple questions when I don't understand something in the hope I might receive straightforward answers. That way I might learn about what I'm curious about. Like, what standard is applied to decide when a person's actions are evil.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#335  Postby monkeyboy » Aug 23, 2016 2:24 pm

mindhack wrote:Don't make this about you, monkeyboy. :naughty:

Oh, I'm just curious. It's not often I have access to someone so knowledgeable and experienced in life. It's definitely not about me.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#336  Postby mindhack » Aug 23, 2016 2:30 pm

monkeyboy wrote:
Arnold Layne wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:
Arnold Layne wrote:

Well, I try to ask simple questions when I don't understand something in the hope I might receive straightforward answers. That way I might learn about what I'm curious about. Like, what standard is applied to decide when a person's actions are evil.

Actions? Mere Being is enough it seems, because the enlightened get filtered out in the reincarnation process and don't return. Unless you're like Kyrani99, who is enlightened, but choose to return to fight the good fight against evil. The physical plane is corrupted you know. :?
mindhack

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#337  Postby Alan B » Aug 23, 2016 2:55 pm

I keep trying to think this thread away. It's not working. :waah:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#338  Postby Agrippina » Aug 23, 2016 3:23 pm

monkeyboy wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:

Wow! That sounds truly amazing. I don't suppose there's a shred of credible evidence for this. A recovery like that is no everyday event, it's the kind of event often referred to as 'miraculous'. I've been reading medical journals routinely since around 1992 and don't remember seeing anything about this sort of thing happening. I would have thought oncologists would have been all over it.

When my ex was diagnosed with cervical cancer, we found nothing in our searches of treatments that mentioned a case like yours. We ended up going down the tried and tested surgical route. No recurrence of any cancer and we're 8 yrs on. Lucky for us, we caught it early. No change in attitudes really or acceptance of any odd sounding ideas, just old fashioned trust in evidenced medicine. Her case was nothing special and would only serve the advance of medical practice by being a statistic supporting regular screening and early intervention maybe. Yours sounds like it's truly amazing. How come we're only hearing about it now over 20 yrs later?

Why wasnt this all over the journals and the international news? Sounds a bit of a dubious claim without some sort of supporting evidence. If pushed, I could produce testimony from my ex, copies of legal paperwork regarding a related life insurance claim and copies of details of her diagnosis from the consultant surgeon who treated her and followed her up for the next 5 yrs. Do you have anything to support what you say happened? I'm just a touch sceptical.

That's a very good question. Surely something so miraculous would have been all over the medical journals and every single doctor would have been taught about it since. It would have been in the news, the pope and mother teresa, and the dalai lama, and every fundamentalist church man would have been all over the miracles of dog performing this great cure.

Nothing. Not a single thing was said. Which is why I'm convinced it didn't happen.

Show me the medical reports, copies of the scans, before and after, and I'll submit them to my sister's doctor for review.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#339  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 23, 2016 3:37 pm

You forget, Kyrani's under the impression that there's a conspiracy against her think-healing by big pharma, which apparently every doctor and scientist in the world must be in on too even though they don't really give a shit about whether big pharma makes money or not. It's a convenient bit of circular reasoning that doesn't make any sense on even the most cursory examination.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#340  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 23, 2016 3:41 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
Looks like you "live in interesting times" :rofl:

Looks like you "have trouble forming a coherent idea" :roll:
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Creationism