Why stevebee is wrong

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#6601  Postby CADman2300 » Nov 30, 2013 11:54 pm

stevebee92653 wrote:All you have is nylonase in bacteria, invisible to 99.999999% of all humans, and cecal valves on an obscure lizard on an obscure island, invisible to 99.99999999999% of all humans.
Why is your percentage of people who don't follow the evidence for evolution always that same exaggerated 99+% figure? If you're going to make up numbers, can't you be more imaginative than that? There's a couple questions I'm sure you'd love to answer.

Which raises questions that a rational skeptic should ask. But as is usual, you cannot ask questions. You believe.
:roll: And there you go again, off on some stupid personal attack rant because it's easier than addressing any topic I bring up. Surprise, surprise.
I just asked you a couple questions up above, so there goes your false perception about me not asking questions.

I ask questions.
Questions that have been answered for decades now, questions that are answered repeatedly in every forum you go into, then you reject whatever answer your given on fallacious grounds, resort to personal jabs at whoever responds to you, and get called out for trolling.
But why be surprised by that? When evidence is presented and a person ignores it, there really is nothing left but to point out how that person is flawed.

Of all of the billion or so species that have inhabited the Earth, these are sure super examples of evolution.
:coffee: Oh goody, more sarcasm mixed with another made-up number.

I see why you believe CADman2300. And why I don't.
I'm sorry that I can never allow myself to be held back by personal incredulity on the same level as some people. I blame it on my Aspergers. :smug: I think too critically to be swayed by people who usually have no idea what they're talking about.
CADman2300

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Q

#6602  Postby ElDiablo » Dec 01, 2013 12:50 am

stevebee92653 wrote:
ElDiablo said:
Your posts show an extreme delusion because you accuse the members here of being brainwashed and afraid to read your drivel, yet the people in this thread are the most familiar with your crap than anyone else. And still you make no headway.
No one is afraid of your ideas. No matter how much you try to shove that shit down anyone's throat and berate anyone who calls you out for your crap, it's still a bunch of lies and fallacies. No amount of jumping up and down is going to change that.
Your attempts at marketing your ideas here are a complete failure. Since it seems that you have run out of friends to review your book at Amazon, you should try other forums to peddle your lies and fallacies and see if you have better luck selling the shit elsewhere.

Not brainwashed, ElDiablo, indoctrinated. Evidenced by your incredible comment.

The reality is that you can not even make head way with a novice like me who has learned about science out of personal curiosity. I have nothing to lose in accepting a designed universe. My life at home, work and play would continue the same.

Your work is crap because it misrepresents science over and over again and because of your many fallacies. One doesn't even need to know anything about science to point out the fallacies. The difference between my claim about your work being crap and your claim on ID is that I don't have to make anything up, create my own terminology, or present any fallacies, I can just pull up one of your posts and bam!, crapola.
God is silly putty.
ElDiablo

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6603  Postby THWOTH » Dec 01, 2013 1:49 am

stevebee92653 wrote:The stuff you have so innocently relayed to me is stuff that someone told you, not observed/tested science.

Nope, wrong. In my last reply to you I dealt with the distinction between knowledge and dogma, where knowledge is information that is secured and supported by evidences and where dogma is made up shit by self-serving, self-appoint authorities. You obviously didn't understand what I was saying because the upshot of my formulation of scepticism means that I don't have to accept what other people tell me just because they tell me I have to.

stevebee92653 wrote:It has been relayed on this thread alone dozens of times. New healthy useful tissues have never been observed forming by any human being in any organism.

And as has been pointed out to you many times in this thread, basing your arguments -- such as they are -- on both factual and semantic misapprehensions of the observed facts does not lend weight to your incredulity.

If you review what I have said in the last two replies to you you'll notice that I have qualified knowledge as information that is secured and supported by observable evidences and that resists all relevant sceptical challenges. This is important, in as much as your sceptical challenges are irrelevant to the matter at hand precisely because they proceed from a misapprehension of the facts.

You seem to think that science, or the member's who have engaged with you in this thread, have some intellectual obligation to your ideas, declarations and beliefs. I would suggest that the only obligation of honest discourse is to the truth, and in that regard miss-characterising your antagonists' arguments while failing to account honestly for their positions and ideas, simply to seemingly bolster a pre-existing belief held wholly aside from the facts, just bankrupts the discussion from the off.

stevebee92653 wrote: Which makes your stuff made up dogma, not science.

LOL :lol: Nope. You clearly haven't even been reading what I've written in reply to you.

What I have been saying is that science has the ability to furnish us with knowledge, and I have outlined the conditions we place upon that category of information, and by which we may certify that we are, at least sometimes, entitled to know.

Do you wish to dispute this?

Do you wish to dispute either i) that we are, at least sometimes, entitled to claim to know something-or-other about something-or-other, and/or ii) that science has the ability to furnish us with factual knowledge, and/or iii) that the conditions placed upon knowledge (which are; that it be secured and supported by evidences and resists all relevant sceptical challenges) are lacking or ill-formed in some regard?

stevebee92653 wrote:But if millions of organisms displayed the partial formation of new tissues, organs, and bio-systems, as should be the case to help prove your stuff, that still would not prove that RM and NS was the source.

Your condition/s for verifying evolution are spurious and irrelevant and follow from a fundamental, and I suspect deliberate, misreading of evolutionary theory. I further suspect that you employ such dubious discursive tactics because the demonstrable facts of evolutionary theory contradict your personal belief in a less parsimonious, and wholly unsupported, supernatural explanation. In other words, your reasoning -- as far as it can be called reasoning -- fallaciously proceeds from and towards a pre-determined conclusion. Such are the pointless parlour games of the errant dogmatist.

stevebee92653 wrote:Why those tissues were present would still be a mystery. Which should give you an idea of how far away man is from proving evolution.I hope I have gone some way to clearing up your misunderstandings about the necessary difference between knowledge and dogma. [/color]

No, you have merely confirmed the depths of your intellectual dishonesty.

:coffee:
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6604  Postby stevebee92653 » Dec 01, 2013 2:23 am

Newmark wrote:
stevebee92653 wrote:All you have is nylonase in bacteria, invisible to 99.999999% of all humans, and cecal valves on an obscure lizard on an obscure island, invisible to 99.99999999999% of all humans. Which raises questions that a rational skeptic should ask. But as is usual, you cannot ask questions. You believe. I ask questions. Of all of the billion or so species that have inhabited the Earth, these are sure super examples of evolution. :lol: I see why you believe CADman2300. And why I don't.

...and 100%* of all humans are incapable of designing those things, as are 100% of all known species. Yet you persist in calling it "design". Why not label it "unknown" instead, when we are not "within light years of understanding it"?

*I apologize to everyone who knows more than me about biology

I should label "design" "unknown"?? You must mean the source of the design. Which I do say is unknown.
stevebee92653
Banned Troll

Name: Steve

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6605  Postby tolman » Dec 01, 2013 2:35 am

stevebee92653 wrote:All you have is nylonase in bacteria, invisible to 99.999999% of all humans, and cecal valves on an obscure lizard on an obscure island, invisible to 99.99999999999% of all humans. Which raises questions that a rational skeptic should ask.

Thing is, the people who made those discoveries participate in a process which enables people who are ignorant lying pieces of shit to be found out and exposed for the worthless trash that they are, which is why it is generally reasonable to trust them.

On the other hand, you choose not to participate in such a process.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

Re: Q

#6606  Postby FinalLegion » Dec 01, 2013 8:18 am

stevebee92653 wrote:

I hide? What a laugh. I publish a book, have a blog, write here (purely for the fun of it since no scientific discussion is possible...here), have over 20 YT vids, available for anyone to see and argue. I debate with masters and PhD biologists (recently Dr. John Torday, head of the UCLA dept of Evolution Biology, who crashed and finally opted for the demean card, like you do). I posted the "debates" on my blog for all to see. Much more than you could ever do or imagine doing. So your only strategy is to demean me on a personal level. Certainly NEVER discuss science or origins. You indoctrinates are all alike, say all the same stuff. Why? Why are there no individuals here, objective thinkers? That is my fascination. It's interesting to see the damage that evolution does to people. I'm really not sure if the damage is evo-born, or inborn. Do you know?

Yes, Steve. You hide.

So you self-published a book. Big deal. Besides here at RatSkep and on your blog, where have you promoted it? If it's such a masterpiece of invalidating ID AND ToE, how come you haven't put the expense into promoting the hell out of it?

All of your debates are devoid of any citations or evidence of their existence outside of your own mind. When you can provide some hard evidence that these debates took place, get back to me.

You've got a blog and some YT videos. Big fucking deal. You don't do anything to promote their existence.

Don't you fucking get it? All of you accumulated knowledge and ideas don't mean shit unless you get them out to a wide audience.

And you're still not answering the questions, Steve: why didn't you submit your work to one or more of the major scientific organizations? Why haven't you submitted any of your research for peer review?

Is it maybe because the most attention you want to receive is the narrow attentions you receive here and on your blog?
FinalLegion

Name: Dane Ilario
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6607  Postby Paul » Dec 01, 2013 9:09 am

CADman2300 wrote:
stevebee92653 wrote:All you have is nylonase in bacteria, invisible to 99.999999% of all humans, and cecal valves on an obscure lizard on an obscure island, invisible to 99.99999999999% of all humans.
Why is your percentage of people who don't follow the evidence for evolution always that same exaggerated 99+% figure? If you're going to make up numbers, can't you be more imaginative than that?

99.99999999999% of all humans, as of today, that's all but about 71 people. I wonder who they are. :think:
"Peter, I can see your house from here!"
Paul

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6608  Postby Newmark » Dec 01, 2013 9:59 am

stevebee92653 wrote:
Newmark wrote:
stevebee92653 wrote:All you have is nylonase in bacteria, invisible to 99.999999% of all humans, and cecal valves on an obscure lizard on an obscure island, invisible to 99.99999999999% of all humans. Which raises questions that a rational skeptic should ask. But as is usual, you cannot ask questions. You believe. I ask questions. Of all of the billion or so species that have inhabited the Earth, these are sure super examples of evolution. :lol: I see why you believe CADman2300. And why I don't.

...and 100%* of all humans are incapable of designing those things, as are 100% of all known species. Yet you persist in calling it "design". Why not label it "unknown" instead, when we are not "within light years of understanding it"?

I should label "design" "unknown"?? You must mean the source of the design. Which I do say is unknown.

No, I mean design, as in the method by which biological structures came to be. If you can't explain every step of how something is designed (like you demand that evolution should be able to), how can you possibly be so certain that it is designed?

Think of it like this: if I were to to claim that all of nature was the result of a hitherto unknown process (let's call it "schmevolution") by saying that everything looked like a "schmevolved" nature would do, you would (rightfully) be quite skeptical of my claim. Furthermore, if I claimed that the method by which something could "schmevolve" was unknown, and I had no example of anything being "schmevolved", why shouldn't you dismiss my claims out of hand? Heck, I could even tell you about something that humans have made in a process analogous with natural "schmevolution", which would tell you little about what actually happened. Now, replace "schmevolution" with "design".

You simply don't seem to put your design idea up to same standard of scrutiny as you do with evolutionary theory, is all I'm trying to say. If you did, you wouldn't call anything in nature "designed", you could at most call it "biological features of unknown origin". By calling it that instead, you would also get rid of all the unfortunate implications of the word "design", like questions about a designer...
Newmark

Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#6609  Postby ADParker » Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am

stevebee92653 wrote:

Design

stevebee92653 wrote: You studied the design of the human body. I really can't help you any more to see what's right in front of your nose. All of those tubes and wires and ball and socket joints and pumps are design that you cannot see.

What do you mean by "design" when you say that all of those things are design?
Reason Over Faith
ADParker
RS Donator

Name: Andrew
Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#6610  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Dec 01, 2013 11:26 am

stevebee92653 wrote:
Newmark wrote:

Nope, the design itself as well as you keep asserting that no human can possible know how we got here.
Ergo you can't know it's designed either.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6611  Postby THWOTH » Dec 05, 2013 2:32 pm

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
It is the opinion of the moderation-team that the contributions of stevebee92653 have degraded over time to the point where they comprise little more than content-free baiting. Considering the constant disruption this causes the mod-team have decided to permanently rescind stevebee92653's membership privileges.

THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6612  Postby Cito di Pense » Dec 05, 2013 4:24 pm

Bee gone!
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Amir Bagatelle
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#6613  Postby theropod » Dec 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Good job mod team!

IMPLIED ORSON

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6614  Postby patient zero » Dec 05, 2013 6:11 pm

Now to wait for steve's inevitable sockpuppet.
Calilasseia wrote:...WHY DO PROFESSIONAL PROPAGANDISTS FOR CREATIONISM HAVE TO LIE FOR THEIR DOCTRINE?
patient zero

Male

Print view this post

#6615  Postby lucek » Dec 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Well this finally is appropriate.

/thread.
Next time a creationist says, "Were you there to watch the big bang", say "Yes we are".
"Nutrition is a balancing act during the day, not a one-shot deal from a single meal or food.":Sciwoman
lucek

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6616  Postby ElDiablo » Dec 05, 2013 6:54 pm

patient zero wrote:Now to wait for steve's inevitable sockpuppet.

No, he'll play the martyr card on his site.
God is silly putty.
ElDiablo

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6617  Postby tolman » Dec 05, 2013 8:19 pm

ElDiablo wrote:
patient zero wrote:Now to wait for steve's inevitable sockpuppet.

No, he'll play the martyr card on his site.

Didn't he do that anyway, among his other chronic deliberate misrepresentations?

It does seems like he was going out of his way recently to be even more obtuse, childish and dishonest than usual for some reason.

Maybe book sales aren't living up to his expectations?

Wouldn't it be amusing if it turned out various of his site's supporters were also trolls, in their case, egging him on to acts of greater stupidity, but not likely to pay for his tripe?
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

#6618  Postby theropod » Dec 05, 2013 8:57 pm

Poe the troll via sock?

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6619  Postby Cito di Pense » Dec 05, 2013 8:57 pm

THWOTH wrote:[moderation team decided that] the contributions of stevebee92653 have degraded over time to the point where they comprise little more than content-free baiting.

All trolls are hereby advised that they can stick around as long as they display some mastery of baiting, rather than merely content=free baiting.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Amir Bagatelle
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#6620  Postby Scar » Dec 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Finally that morinic troll is gone
Scar

Name: Michael
Male

Germany (de)