Penis Envy

To Be (or not to be ) Circumcised

Discussions for education, teaching & parenting.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Penis Envy

#81  Postby Enoch » Aug 18, 2011 2:29 pm

I'm just offering my opinion. I don't know why others think I'm starting an argument. If you think uncircumcised penises are more attractive, that's fine.

I personally think circumcised penises are more attractive.
Enoch

Name: Phil
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#82  Postby trubble76 » Aug 18, 2011 2:36 pm

Bretski wrote:I'm just offering my opinion. I don't know why others think I'm starting an argument. If you think uncircumcised penises are more attractive, that's fine.

Because so many parents use this utterly facile reason to mutilate their babies. It's fucking sick. It's abuse and it should be prosecuted. The idea that a baby needs to undergo elective surgery to make them look right is offensive.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#83  Postby z8000783 » Aug 18, 2011 2:38 pm

Bretski wrote:I'm just offering my opinion. I don't know why others think I'm starting an argument. If you think uncircumcised penises are more attractive, that's fine.

Did you think that when you were 3 months old?

John
I don’t simply believe in miracles - I rely on them
z8000783

Name: WTF
Male

Greece (gr)
Print view this post

#84  Postby Enoch » Aug 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Oh I too think that circumcision is wrong, but only recently.

Let me tell a story...

I didn't realize I was circumsiced until highschool when we learnt about it in sex-Ed. Looking at pictures, I silently thought "hey... That's me. That other one looks strange." So I always thought mine was natural looking and the other was all wrinkly looking.

So that's where I'm coming from. If I were uncircumcised I'd most probably have the opposite view.
I think my parents must have thought that "it was the thing to do" back then. Obviously I don't have any emotional scarring since I cannot remember it.
I certainly would not get my boys circumcised.
Enoch

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#85  Postby gmk2 » Aug 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Bretski wrote:I personally think circumcised penises are more attractive.

Familiarity?
Last edited by gmk2 on Aug 18, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gmk2

Print view this post

#86  Postby Paul G » Aug 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Probably not in the UK, but I'm guessing that's the case for most people who "prefer" nobs with the end chopped off.
Paul G

Name: Beef Joint
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#87  Postby gmk2 » Aug 18, 2011 8:16 pm

I don't understand why there's a debate about this. It should be obvious; outside of medical neccessity, you shouldn't make permanent modifications to someone else's body without their explicit permission. Even if, on balance, it is better to be circumcised than not, it's still a decision that should be left to the owner of the foreskin in question (and, obviously, one that shouldn't be made till they are capable of appreciating what they're agreeing to).

Or maybe people in favor of circumcising children don't realise that you can get it done at any age?
gmk2

Print view this post

#88  Postby Enoch » Aug 19, 2011 1:36 am

gmk2 wrote:

Familiarity?

Exactly, read my post above yours.
Enoch

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#89  Postby Mayor » Feb 10, 2012 8:44 pm

I believe circumcision may be ok or not ok depending on your culture. I can not find any studies on why specifically someone circumcises their child but it is apparent that this "traumatic stress" some call it does not go on to affect the aging child. It is apparent because was in high school athletics most every guy there was circumcised and they were all completely normal.
Mayor

Name: James

United States (us)
Print view this post

#90  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 10, 2012 9:12 pm

My parents circumcised us because it was the style at the time. By extension, they didn't want us to experience social problems because of it. I don't know where that came from because my father isn't circumcised, and I certainly had much bigger social awkwardness problems than not being ritually mutilated...it's not like I saw much of my peer's equipment anyway :shifty: But, they figure, you don't remember it anyway, so what's the harm?

I remember when I finally realized what a circumcised penis was, and suddenly something that was "normal" became grotesque and nauseating: to realize you're looking at mutilated flesh. Fortunately I got over it, but I won't be circumcising my son (if I end up having one).

Apologies for TMI :P
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#91  Postby biscuit » Feb 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Enoch wrote:

I'm a big fan of botoxed bollocks...all those wrinkles, it's just not pretty :hand:
biscuit

Female

Wales (we)
Print view this post

#92  Postby Mazille » Feb 10, 2012 10:12 pm

gmk2 wrote:

Familiarity?

Indeed.
There's folks that would find this more attractive than a regular neck.
Doesn't mean her neck won't snap if she takes those rings off and nods too hard in agreement.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#93  Postby Mayor » Feb 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Mazille wrote:
gmk2 wrote:

Familiarity?

Indeed.
There's folks that would find this more attractive than a regular neck.
Doesn't mean her neck won't snap if she takes those rings off and nods too hard in agreement.

I watched a documentary on national geographic in which they took the rings off of one of the Burma tribe lady's neck and she was perfectly Ok. Of course the rings are a bad analogy and I'm using false emphasis and misdirection :lol:
Mayor

Name: James

United States (us)
Print view this post

#94  Postby Mazille » Feb 10, 2012 10:31 pm

Well, yes. The rings have nothing to do with her vertebrae, actually. At most a bit more fluid would gather in between them. What they actually do is realign the collarbone, so that the neck looks longer, but actually isn't. Will you stop fucking getting in the way of me making a point by hyperbole?
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#95  Postby HughMcB » Feb 13, 2012 3:09 pm

Michael Dunn wrote:I heard someone say he want to circumcise his son so that they would match. He didn't want the little feller (his son) to be confused about his litter feller.

I thought this was a pretty odd justification for traumatizing a new born.

Don't mention the C word on this forum! It's the one topic where rationality goes out the window!
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#96  Postby HughMcB » Feb 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Weaver wrote:I echoed anti-circumcision info I got from people here to some Norwegian friends, and made the statement that I thought there were few hygienic reasons for circumcision. They disagreed - in fact, two of the 8 male Norwegians I worked with had to have circumcisions at fairly advanced years due to recurring infections (9 y/o :eek: )

So I'm back to being in the "needs more study" camp. Certainly wanting your kid's junk to look just like yours is a silly reason, though.

Norwegians... you're doing it wrong.
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#97  Postby campermon » Feb 13, 2012 3:19 pm

HughMcB wrote:
Michael Dunn wrote:I heard someone say he want to circumcise his son so that they would match. He didn't want the little feller (his son) to be confused about his litter feller.

Don't mention the C word on this forum! It's the one topic where rationality goes out the window!

lol!

Yet another cock-chopping thread!

;)
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#98  Postby Scot Dutchy » Feb 13, 2012 3:20 pm

campermon wrote:
HughMcB wrote:

lol!

;)

Prick-pruning
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#99  Postby campermon » Feb 13, 2012 3:32 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
campermon wrote:
HughMcB wrote:

lol!

;)

Prick-pruning

:rofl:

Tip-tampering
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#100  Postby amkerman » Feb 13, 2012 3:47 pm

gmk2 wrote:I don't understand why there's a debate about this. It should be obvious; outside of medical neccessity, you shouldn't make permanent modifications to someone else's body without their explicit permission. Even if, on balance, it is better to be circumcised than not, it's still a decision that should be left to the owner of the foreskin in question (and, obviously, one that shouldn't be made till they are capable of appreciating what they're agreeing to).

Or maybe people in favor of circumcising children don't realise that you can get it done at any age?

Do you have your children get braces, or see the orthodontist event if they like their crooked ugly mugs and shitty teeth, just the way nature intended? Do you have their wisdom teeth pulled even though it's a bitch for a few days after? Do you think it's smart to have infants vaccinated againt disease?

These are analogous considerations to ponder. Being circumsised myself it's possible I am biased, but it's cleaner. My children will be circumcised, but not for religious reasons. They will also have impeccable teeth. If they are born with a deformity, I will pay to have that shit fixed too. Because I want the best for my chitlen's. I'm glad the procedure is done early in an infants life. No memory. No pain.

I had 14 teeth pulled because my baby teeth didn't want to fall out and there was a slight chance that it would affect my bite. I had head gear, an expander, braces, my wisdom teeth pulled, and have 2 permanent retainers- one one both my upper and lower jaw. I didn't like it when my parents made me get all these things done when I was between 10 and 14; if they didn't I would have done it myself later in life. And even though I didn't want all that shit done at the time (lots of braces through my lip during soccer games, tae-kwon-do tournaments, football, and just being a kid in general, today I have a winning smile and am not ashamed to show off my pearly-whites. I see no major differences between oral and genital hygiene.

There is nothing traumatic about circumcision. The women in my life at least, who I have had this conversation with, have been unanimous in their preferral of a circumcised Johnson over one au-natural. And not all the girls are girls I've slept with, so, not all of them were just stroking my... ego... yet...

My son's can thank me when they're older.
Bring me gold and bring me wisdom- give me scars to bring me grace.

A wicked wit and when I use it I dash the hopes of those who hate me.

Give me love- big as a mountain.

Dave Matthews
amkerman

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Parenting & Education