Game of Thrones

HBO

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Game of Thrones

#5081  Postby Shrunk » Jul 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Adrinius wrote:
Shrunk wrote:
Adrinius wrote:if Euron had Dragonbinderhe wouldn't need Cercei.

Cercei has other uses.

Like what?

Well, she's still pretty smoking hot, for one. But besides that, she is Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, and while that may not mean much right now, it will if she wins the upcoming war. And while the Lannister wealth is not what it once was, either, Euron may not necessarily know that.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5082  Postby Adrinius » Jul 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Shrunk wrote:
Adrinius wrote:
Shrunk wrote:
Adrinius wrote:if Euron had Dragonbinderhe wouldn't need Cercei.

Cercei has other uses.

Like what?

Well, she's still pretty smoking hot, for one. But besides that, she is Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, and while that may not mean much right now, it will if she wins the upcoming war. And while the Lannister wealth is not what it once was, either, Euron may not necessarily know that.

Well, she's still pretty smoking hot, for one.

I'm pretty sure Euron prefers younger, prettier babes, and of the kind he doesn't have to share power with.

But besides that, she is Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, and while that may not mean much right now, it will if she wins the upcoming war.

If the war decides who wins the Iron Throne then her current status means nothing.

And while the Lannister wealth is not what it once was, either, Euron may not necessarily know that.

I think Euron is more interested in the Lannister army than Lannister gold.

Yes, he needs an alliance under the current circumstances but if he had that certain aforementioned artifact, everything would change.
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. - Arthur C. Clarke
Adrinius

Male

Print view this post

#5083  Postby Adrinius » Jul 22, 2017 5:41 am

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. - Arthur C. Clarke
Adrinius

Male

Print view this post

#5084  Postby Agrippina » Jul 22, 2017 11:04 am

Will Hodor come back as a white walker?
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#5085  Postby crank » Jul 22, 2017 2:36 pm

No, but maybe as a walking wight. The only transition from human to white walker that I know of is the first guy that the children did, and the babies.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#5086  Postby crank » Jul 22, 2017 10:43 pm

The Hound's character transformation has accelerated.

I haven't seen any of his commercial work.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#5087  Postby willhud9 » Jul 22, 2017 10:56 pm

I don't see the dragonbinder being likely to be added onto the show.

Random things like that have been omitted for simpler plots throughout the show.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5088  Postby Animavore » Jul 22, 2017 10:57 pm

willhud9 wrote:I don't see the dragonbinder being likely to be added onto the show.

Random things like that have been omitted for simpler plots throughout the show.

Too out of nowhere. I agree. It's not that.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5089  Postby willhud9 » Jul 22, 2017 11:03 pm

It is the weakest parts of the books in my opinion. Martin complicates his plot so much it becomes frustrating to follow to a point of who cares anymore. The show, while at times way too simple and predictable, at least allows me to keep my interest on essential points without adding unnecessary plot elements such as magical items, or magical disguises, etc.

Simpler explanations in the show are generally going to be more believable than complex book plot devices.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5090  Postby scott1328 » Jul 22, 2017 11:07 pm

Euron is going to capture Tyrian and bring him to the Red Keep and Danerys is going to rescue him using her dragons which will destroy it and we will see her wandering the ruins as we saw in her fever dream from season 1.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5091  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 23, 2017 12:45 am

willhud9 wrote:It is the weakest parts of the books in my opinion. Martin complicates his plot so much it becomes frustrating to follow to a point of who cares anymore. The show, while at times way too simple and predictable, at least allows me to keep my interest on essential points without adding unnecessary plot elements such as magical items, or magical disguises, etc.

Simpler explanations in the show are generally going to be more believable than complex book plot devices.

Even in the books, entire plots get dropped/forgotten.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Lady Stoneheart
anyone?
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5092  Postby crank » Jul 23, 2017 6:22 am

Pulsar wrote:Major book spoiler. I'm pretty sure what the 'gift' is that Euron promised to Cersei:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dragonbinder

The hornblower Cragorn's lungs 'were charred black as soot"? How does one last even a few seconds with charred lungs? What idiot is going to blow it later when he really needs to use it?
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#5093  Postby Agrippina » Jul 23, 2017 7:42 am

crank wrote:No, but maybe as a walking wight. The only transition from human to white walker that I know of is the first guy that the children did, and the babies.

My thinking is that he died beyond the wall, so he might appear walking like the zombie with the rest of the group. :shock:
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#5094  Postby Animavore » Jul 24, 2017 2:12 am

So... What did we think of that?
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5095  Postby theropod » Jul 24, 2017 2:16 am

Ashes it is then.

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5096  Postby Animavore » Jul 24, 2017 2:35 am

Wasn't a fan of all the fan service in this episode. It was like the Rogue One of Game of Thrones episodes.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5097  Postby Spinozasgalt » Jul 24, 2017 3:37 am

Well, we know what the gift is now. We also know who's going where and what conflicts are coming up (there are a lot of them and they look like fun). Good episode without being overdone at the end there.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#5098  Postby Animavore » Jul 24, 2017 4:28 am

At least they found a way to cut off a bunch of arcs that were going no where.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5099  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 24, 2017 9:20 am

Animavore wrote:So... What did we think of that?

All felt a little bit rushed imo.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5100  Postby Adrinius » Jul 24, 2017 2:08 pm

Adrinius wrote:I wonder where Dany's armada will land? Probably Pyke? She has to solve Theon and Yara's uncle problem first?

Looks like I was right. :smug: Eliminate/absorb the other armada first, then you have no enemy loose at your back.

I could be Dany's Hand. :smoke:
Adrinius

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV