Court orders Florida mom to circumcise son

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Court orders Florida mom to circumcise son

#141  Postby chairman bill » Jun 11, 2015 11:04 pm

If a judge ordered me to be circumcised, I'd hunt the bastard down & castrate him.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#142  Postby Onyx8 » Jun 12, 2015 1:04 am

Sure hope that works. What a fucked up situation.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#143  Postby NamelessFaceless » Jun 12, 2015 6:45 pm

The Hospital's FaceBook page is now stating that the circumcision did NOT happen. I hope they're telling the truth:

https://www.facebook.com/JDCHospital?fref=ts

For the last few days, this situation regarding a child in the middle of a circumcision debate has been fraught with misinformation, misguided assumptions and malicious intent by people seeking to defame the good name and reputation of our hospital.

Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital has gone on record to state the child is not a patient of the hospital, any Memorial facility or the doctor. We stand by that statement, and therefore the procedure in question did not happen.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#144  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Jun 12, 2015 7:46 pm

They're saying it didn't happen at their facility.

The physician probably performed it in a private surgical setting. I hope not but (though it's a complete violation of the kid's privacy that his medical records were released) it does appear her saw Dr. Gary Birken for a consult at Jo DiMaggio Children's Hospital where they discussed elective circumcision and the dad and aunt consented. Doesn't mean the surgery was performed there. That was based on supposed insider information that may well have just been misdirection to distract people while he underwent surgery at a different time and place.

I just hope the kid gets treatment and it's not excessively aggressive. He's got a sore dick. His foreskin is inflamed. That sucks for the poor kid. It would have to be pretty aggressive and persistent to justify a circumcision.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#145  Postby Macros1980 » Nov 16, 2015 3:43 pm

It's a sad day. Intactivists International (a group who have been supporting the kid and his mother through all of this) have discovered that he has been circumcised. Not only this but the poor little guy has been diagnosed with Leukaemia in the last few days. Poor kid. :(

His mother is still being forced to pay ($400 per session, iirc) for visitation and is struggling to afford the legal battle to win back custody from his despicable father.

Intactivists International posted screenshots of some legal papers showing this new information but it seems they have been swiftly taken down. The one that I saw referred the mother's continued association with "radical activists". Strange that believing that slicing up an infants genitals is wrong makes you a radical activist. :what:

https://www.facebook.com/IntactInternational/posts/1177070308976641
Last edited by Macros1980 on Nov 17, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
To presume that your one-in-64-million chance thing is a miracle is to significantly underestimate the total number of... things... that there are. -Tim Minchin
Macros1980

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#146  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Nov 16, 2015 5:52 pm

I hope he didn't suffer any complications. I really hope it was medically necessary. I kinda doubt that.

How sad that the little fellow has been diagnosed with leukaemia. He's had more than sufficient turmoil in his young life. I hope his mom is seeing him again.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#147  Postby NamelessFaceless » Nov 17, 2015 3:36 pm

This is heartbreaking. FFS.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#148  Postby NamelessFaceless » Nov 17, 2015 3:39 pm

From what I'm reading now, apparently his wound wouldn't heal and that's what led doctors to do further testing. Poor little guy. This fucking sucks!
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#149  Postby Alan B » Nov 17, 2015 3:47 pm

If he makes it into adulthood, Florida (and his Father) had better watch out. He could sue the arse off them.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#150  Postby Arcanyn » Nov 17, 2015 3:54 pm

The instant it becomes possible to reverse it, the father should be made to sell his kidney to pay for the reversal. That's only fair.
Never ascribe to stupidity that which is the logical consequence of malice.
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#151  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Nov 17, 2015 4:22 pm

Sounds like he's got a very treatable leukaemia, thank goodness. He should make a full recovery. How awful for a child to have to go through such an ordeal.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Discussion