Court orders Florida mom to circumcise son

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Court orders Florida mom to circumcise son

#61  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 13, 2015 9:50 am

He might later on though, when he realises what could have happened.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#62  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Jan 13, 2015 11:16 am

Maybe. For now, it's his mom sighing with relief.

Maybe he'll wish he were circumcised and elect to have it done as an adult. That would be funny.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#63  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 13, 2015 12:49 pm

At least it would be on his own terms then, instead of someone making that decision for him.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#64  Postby NamelessFaceless » Jan 14, 2015 3:40 pm

Well, it looks like we may have celebrated too soon. The original Dr. Flack has backed out, but it appears the father (and I use that term lightly) is shopping for a replacement. Asshole.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#65  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Jan 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Ewwww.

Who else thinks this has more to do with being vindictive towards the babymama than actual concern for the kid? Who tries this hard to have their kid circumcised?
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#66  Postby Sendraks » Jan 14, 2015 4:32 pm

This man does have a worrying fixation on the state of his child's penis.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#67  Postby Onyx8 » Jan 14, 2015 5:22 pm

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:Ewwww.

Who else thinks this has more to do with being vindictive towards the babymama than actual concern for the kid? Who tries this hard to have their kid circumcised?

Yup.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#68  Postby monkeyboy » Jan 14, 2015 8:31 pm

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:He probably hasn't any clue this was going on or that it mean he was going to have a chunk of his dick cut off.

I do hope that when he's older, he appreciates what his mother has done for him here. He gets to choose for himself what happens to his body.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#69  Postby NamelessFaceless » Jan 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Intact America has now sent letters to all Florida urologists warning them not to circumcise this child against his mother's wishes:

TARRYTOWN, NY—Intact America, an organization that opposes the forced genital cutting of babies and children, sent letters this week to nearly one thousand urologist offices in the state of Florida. Cosigned by the executive directors of California-based Attorneys for the Rights of the Child and Seattle-based Doctors Opposing Circumcision, the letter requested that the urologists not circumcise the four-year-old boy.

http://www.intactamerica.org/pr_florida ... s_01152015
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#70  Postby Nicko » Jan 17, 2015 10:24 pm

I don't like the implication that if the mother wanted the boy circumcised, it would be fine.

It looks like a good outcome, but a better one - as expressed by Georganne Chapin - would be if it was recognised that the only person whose consent was relevant was the boy (who, clearly, could not give it until he was older). Still a victory for the not-mutilating-kids-genitals movement though.
"Democracy is asset insurance for the rich. Stop skimping on the payments."

-- Mark Blyth
Nicko

Name: Nick Williams
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#71  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Jan 21, 2015 9:39 pm

Jerome Da Gnome wrote:Gotta' love the government worker telling the new mother that she is not rational whilst the police are taking her child.

Somehow I don't think we're getting the full story.

And at the end of the video it says: "The court ordered the Nikolayevs to do the heart surgery after a third medical opinion."

Hmm.
WayOfTheDodo

Name: Raphus Cucullatus

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#72  Postby NamelessFaceless » Feb 24, 2015 6:52 pm

Sad to report the boy's circumcision is scheduled for today with another doctor, barring an emergency stay.

“The mother has done everything within her power to thwart this court’s order and to try to see to it that no physician will perform a circumcision,” the father argued in one filing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.html

The part that gets me is that the father's only reason is that "it seems like the normal thing to do." :nono:
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#73  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 24, 2015 8:46 pm

FFS.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#74  Postby Jerome Da Gnome » Feb 24, 2015 9:49 pm

WayOfTheDodo wrote:

The child was taken away originally because the parents wanted a *second* opinion.

Interesting how you neglected to report that fact.

Do you think children should removed from parents who ask for a second medical opinion?
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.
-Albert Camus
Jerome Da Gnome
Banned User

Name: Jerome

United States (us)
Print view this post

#75  Postby laklak » Feb 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Jesus Christ what kind of sick asshole is the father, anyway? WTF is his major malfunction? I don't give a good goddamn what the courts say, they'd have to find me and the kid over in Swaziland or Belize or Tierra del fucking Fuego, because I'd get him the hell out of Florida.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#76  Postby NamelessFaceless » Feb 24, 2015 10:11 pm

Jerome Da Gnome wrote:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:

The child was taken away originally because the parents wanted a *second* opinion.

Interesting how you neglected to report that fact.

Do you think children should removed from parents who ask for a second medical opinion?

:scratch: You may be on the wrong thread. The child wasn't taken away in this case and there wasn't a second medical opinion.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#77  Postby NamelessFaceless » Feb 24, 2015 10:13 pm

laklak wrote:Jesus Christ what kind of sick asshole is the father, anyway? WTF is his major malfunction? I don't give a good goddamn what the courts say, they'd have to find me and the kid over in Swaziland or Belize or Tierra del fucking Fuego, because I'd get him the hell out of Florida.

I know, I don't get it either. He apparently just wants to be an asshole. Why put your child and his mother, regardless of how you feel about her, through all of this unless it's extremely important to you. It's obviously very important to her.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#78  Postby NamelessFaceless » Feb 25, 2015 3:58 pm

According to the FB page this morning, the child survived another day intact. They're not releasing any information other than that right now, except to ask for patience and privacy. I'm hoping that means they're trying to work it out with the father. Fingers crossed!
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#79  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Feb 26, 2015 12:36 am

I really hope the kid's completely oblivious to all this.

If it seems like the normal thing to do I'm sure the father won't have a problem demonstrating the drastic effect not being circumcised will have on his kid's life.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#80  Postby NamelessFaceless » Apr 14, 2015 2:23 pm

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:I really hope the kid's completely oblivious to all this.

If it seems like the normal thing to do I'm sure the father won't have a problem demonstrating the drastic effect not being circumcised will have on his kid's life.

Unfortunately no, he is not oblivious. He has expressed his fear and says he doesn't want to be circumcised.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion