Gender Ideology and Gender Affirming care

Gender theory and ideology

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Gender Ideology and Gender Affirming care

#121  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 06, 2023 4:31 pm

Not interested in pretending that a vicious troll has anything worth discussing.

You're dismissed. As in, nothing you've got to say amounts to anything other than your imagination, and we can see how that imagination works, and it's vile. Nothing you've got to say on the topic has the least value to the topic. Go bay at the moon somewhere else.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#122  Postby Andrew4Handel » Nov 06, 2023 4:46 pm

This from Transgender Studies Quarterly:

To date, no consistent evidence of brain-based sexual dimorphism exists, in part because there are no stable criteria that distinguish sexes reliably or concretely (Fausto-Sterling 1985a). Despite this fact, the theory of sexual dimorphism remains entrenched within Western culture. Experiments are designed around brain organization theory, which posits that the brain is a sexually dimorphic structure prior to birth and lends itself to the sexual differences people experience in their lives — which is not supported by existing data (Jordan-Young 2010: 21). Rebecca Jordan-Young's pivotal book on brain and sex-hormone–based gender research, “Brainstorm: The Flaws in the Science of Sex Differences” (2010), aptly describes various design and methodological problems in the studies discussed

https://read.dukeupress.edu/tsq/article ... in-Imaging

"The gender lobby has repeatedly claimed that gender is a social construct. "The World Health Organization (WHO) stated in 2023 that Gender refers to the characteristics of women, men, girls and boys that are socially constructed. "

Can they make up their mind whether gender is socially constructed or innate in the brain. This junk science.
Andrew4Handel

Print view this post

#123  Postby Andrew4Handel » Nov 06, 2023 4:52 pm

Spearthrower wrote:Not interested in pretending that a vicious troll has anything worth discussing.

You're dismissed. As in, nothing you've got to say amounts to anything other than your imagination, and we can see how that imagination works, and it's vile. Nothing you've got to say on the topic has the least value to the topic. Go bay at the moon somewhere else.

You apparently have never been outside you echo chamber.

What is vile is you supporting genital mutilation and the castration and sterilisation of gay and autistic young people, the erosion of women's rights based on an incoherent ideology you have failed to defend whilst resorting to much vitriol.

I feel more angry at you than you feel at me. You cannot imagine. We will stop you and your child abuse, lying gaslighting gender fairies medical malpractice movement. We are not harming anyone just your feelings. You are advocating gross medical malpractice and Mengele operations that I have posted evidence of. Get a grip of yourself.
Andrew4Handel

Print view this post

#124  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 06, 2023 4:55 pm

We can see why he ignored this and wants to change the rules now - because he doesn't want the real world facts to supersede his ideology.

Not science? Not Biology? A claim of utter ignorance.

National Geographic:

In terms of biology, some scientists think it might be traced to the syncopated pacing of fetal development. “Sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy,” wrote Dick Swaab, a researcher at the Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience in Amsterdam, “and sexual differentiation of the brain starts during the second half of pregnancy.” Genitals and brains are thus subjected to different environments of “hormones, nutrients, medication, and other chemical substances,” several weeks apart in the womb, that affect sexual differentiation.

Scientific American:

Contrary to popular belief, scientific research helps us better understand the unique and real transgender experience. Specifically, through three subjects: (1) genetics, (2) neurobiology and (3) endocrinology

... the science is clear and conclusive: sex is not binary, transgender people are real. It is time that we acknowledge this. Defining a person’s sex identity using decontextualized “facts” is unscientific and dehumanizing.

Yale Medicine:

while most people are born biologically female or male, rare biological syndromes can result in genital ambiguity. Or a resistance to a sex hormone can result in traits typical of the opposite biological sex.

Journal of Neuroendocrinology

... existing empirical evidence makes it clear that there is a significant biological contribution to the development of an individual’s sexual identity and sexual orientation.

Nature

... new technologies in DNA sequencing and cell biology are revealing that almost everyone is, to varying degrees, a patchwork of genetically distinct cells, some with a sex that might not match that of the rest of their body. Some studies even suggest that the sex of each cell drives its behaviour, through a complicated network of molecular interactions. “I think there's much greater diversity within male or female, and there is certainly an area of overlap where some people can't easily define themselves within the binary structure,” says John Achermann, who studies sex development and endocrinology at University College London's Institute of Child Health.

Oxford Academic Journal of Cerebral Cortex

We report multimodal magnetic resonance imaging data, including cortical thickness (Cth), subcortical volumes, and resting state functional magnetic resonance imaging, from 27 transgender women (TrW), 40 transgender men (TrM), and 80 heterosexual (40 men) and 60 homosexual cisgender controls (30 men). These data show that whereas homosexuality is linked to cerebral sex dimorphism, gender dysphoria primarily involves cerebral networks mediating self–body perception. Among the homosexual cisgender controls, weaker sex dimorphism was found in white matter connections and a partly reversed sex dimorphism in Cth. Similar patterns were detected in transgender persons compared with heterosexual cisgender controls, but the significant clusters disappeared when adding homosexual controls, and correcting for sexual orientation. Instead, both TrW and TrM displayed singular features, showing greater Cth as well as weaker structural and functional connections in the anterior cingulate-precuneus and right occipito-parietal cortex, regions known to process own body perception in the context of self.

Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacological Neuroscience

neuroimaging studies show that structural and functional changes of the brain result from this sexual incongruence.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#125  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 06, 2023 4:57 pm

Basically, those ignorant of several decades of biology use hokey pseudo-science they heard on the dark web to justify their uncritical presuppositions and that cycle of nonsense becomes their basis to demean and abuse people.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#126  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 06, 2023 5:00 pm

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/vo ... ansphobia/

Stop Using Phony Science to Justify Transphobia

Actual research shows that sex is anything but binary

Stop using phony science to justify transphobia.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#127  Postby mindhack » Nov 06, 2023 5:14 pm

Thank you Spearthrower, and others, for the effort and info. I was, as a sis white male, initially not at all interested in non-binary stuff, but since the bigots felt the need to construct a new Jew out of transpeople I felt forced to look into it. I’m still learning, but jeez, the kicking down is insane.
(Ignorance --> Mystery) < (Knowledge --> Awe)
mindhack

Name: Van Amerongen
Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#128  Postby Andrew4Handel » Nov 06, 2023 5:45 pm

Detransitioners disprove trans ideology.

Some detransitioners started transitioning as children. They had serious gender dysphoria they went on puberty blockers and had several surgeries. Now they identify as their birth sex.

What is the difference between these people and other trans identified people?

Science cannot differentiate between these people.

Last edited by Andrew4Handel on Nov 06, 2023 5:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Andrew4Handel

Print view this post

#129  Postby Andrew4Handel » Nov 06, 2023 5:47 pm

Last edited by Andrew4Handel on Nov 06, 2023 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andrew4Handel

Print view this post

#130  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 06, 2023 5:53 pm

mindhack wrote:Thank you Spearthrower, and others, for the effort and info. I was, as a sis white male, initially not at all interested in non-binary stuff, but since the bigots felt the need to construct a new Jew out of transpeople I felt forced to look into it. I’m still learning, but jeez, the kicking down is insane.

Notice the parallels with JJ's thread? Same fundamentally contrived 'logic' built off an ad hominem.

An ideology is not something that simply concurs with what is factually or evidentially true. An ideology is one that will work overtime to sort out the acceptable facts from the unacceptable, presenting an extremely curated version of reality that they bizarrely try to sell to people not subordinated to that absurd ideology. It's bad when it's about baboon biting, but it's fucking nasty when it's about utter intolerance of the existence of other human beings.

The title of this thread 'gender ideology' and the incessant repetition of this nonsense is just 'gay agenda' all over again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_agenda

"Gay agenda" or "homosexual agenda" is a term used by sectors of the Christian religious right as a disparaging way to describe the advocacy of cultural acceptance and normalization of non-heterosexual sexual orientations and relationships.
Last edited by Spearthrower on Nov 07, 2023 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#131  Postby Andrew4Handel » Nov 06, 2023 8:44 pm

Wrote Dick Swaab, a researcher at the Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience in Amsterdam, “and sexual differentiation of the brain starts during the second half of pregnancy.”

Dick Swaab is an interesting character looking at his previous research who has been accused of pathologising homosexuality and trans people. Like Sapolsky he prioritises the brain over the body.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroscie ... ifferences

I cannot see any difference in brain function or structure in females associated with differences in gender presentation or social role or even biology. Many different combinations of regions are consider to play and integrated role in one process like reproduction or vision.

What the female part of a brain and what role does it play in what behaviour to make a man behave as a female or women adopt gender stereotypes?

Is this the Jewellery and dresses brain region? The stay at home mum region? etc

They used to claim that men's brains made them better at maths than women. Now in UK schools girls our perform boys at maths. Girls and young women excel at science but don't take careers in that area.
Andrew4Handel

Print view this post

#132  Postby mindhack » Nov 06, 2023 9:10 pm

I acquired brain injury from an accident two decades ago. The neurologists couldn’t find any scar tissue in my brain, yet they managed to establish I was suffering from brain injury by talking to me. I’m on benefits now. I guess I beat the system. Free money!!
mindhack

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#133  Postby Johnny Blade » Nov 08, 2023 3:13 am

I would say people who deny the creation are much more likely to support the idea of turning boy into girls. Atheists in particular I think would be very likely to support this idea.
Johnny Blade

Russia (ru)
Print view this post

#134  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 08, 2023 3:47 am

Oh goodie, more vapid bigotry. Just what was needed.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#135  Postby THWOTH » Nov 08, 2023 6:50 am

Johnny Blade wrote:I would say people who deny the creation are much more likely to support the idea of turning boy into girls. Atheists in particular I think would be very likely to support this idea.

Transgender people are not turning - they are becoming.
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#136  Postby mindhack » Nov 08, 2023 7:03 am

Johnny Blade wrote:I would say people who deny the creation Germany’s right to self-determination are much more likely to support the idea of turning boy into girls. Atheists Jews in particular I think would be very likely to support this idea.
mindhack

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#137  Postby Blip » Nov 08, 2023 7:59 am

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
This is an emotive topic; please stick to attacking arguments or assertions rather than dispensing personal insults.
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#138  Postby THWOTH » Nov 09, 2023 6:41 am

Discussion: Transphobic Posting.
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#139  Postby Arjan Dirkse » Nov 11, 2023 2:07 pm

Honestly I think people make this more confusing than it has any right to be. Sex for me is a biological category and gender a social one (that is influenced to some extent by biology of course). Sex appears mostly binary, with some variation and intersex people, and gender is mostly an individual thing where people can form their identity on the basis of their feelings about themselves and their role in society.
Arjan Dirkse

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#140  Postby The_Metatron » Nov 11, 2023 2:11 pm

Arjan Dirkse wrote:Honestly I think people make this more confusing than it has any right to be. Sex for me is a biological category and gender a social one (that is influenced to some extent by biology of course). Sex appears mostly binary, with some variation and intersex people, and gender is mostly an individual thing where people can form their identity on the basis of their feelings about themselves and their role in society.

That sounds reasonable to me.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Debunking