Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

#161  Postby Agrippina » Apr 24, 2010 9:22 am

Paula1 wrote:So will we get all sorts of cleavage going on then? Male cleavage, female cleavage? I have one request tho... No bum cleavage guys :nono:

:rofl:

I dunno, I could look at a cute one. :lol:
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#162  Postby Scarlett » Apr 24, 2010 9:35 am

Agrippina wrote:
Paula1 wrote:So will we get all sorts of cleavage going on then? Male cleavage, female cleavage? I have one request tho... No bum cleavage guys :nono:

:lol:

Male butt cleavages are not attractive by any stretch of the imagination :yuk:

Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#163  Postby cursuswalker » Apr 24, 2010 10:42 am

But I'd gladly show mine to Mecca.
Image http://www.caerabred.org/

Space Corps Directive 723. 'Terraformers are expressly forbidden from recreating Swindon.'
cursuswalker

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#164  Postby Sphynxcat » Apr 24, 2010 1:50 pm

Paula1 wrote:
Agrippina wrote:

Male butt cleavages are not attractive by any stretch of the imagination :yuk:

:o I knew that photo would come back to haunt me!
Author of 'Dreamshade', one weird and wild fantasy epic: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/15916
Sphynxcat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#165  Postby Aurlito » Apr 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Since this story is a hoax, I think this thread should be closed.
If your thoughts are the same as they were yesterday, your retired.
Aurlito
Banned Troll

Male

Print view this post

#166  Postby DoctorE » Apr 24, 2010 2:09 pm

Why some think this is hoax.. I have heard the clergy say way more stupid things...

More
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb9fRbLFEes[/youtube]
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#167  Postby Oeditor » Apr 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Aurlito wrote:Since this story is a hoax, I think this thread should be closed.
Not so sure. AFP says they're still at it.
Charity and prayer stop quakes: Iran cleric
(AFP) – 6 hours ago
TEHRAN — A leading Iranian cleric has told the faithful they must pray and give to the poor to avoid the earthquakes that have often ravaged the country, a Tehran daily reported on Saturday.
The comments by hardliner Ayatollah Ahmad Janati in his sermon at the main weekly Muslim prayers in Tehran on Friday came a week after a fellow cleric warned that immodestly dressed women were causing quakes.
"No one can predict earthquakes with certainty, except those who are pious," the reformist Aftab e-Yazd newspaper quoted Janati as saying.
"But with prayers... and alms-giving... it can be prevented," said Janati, who is also politically influential as the chairman of the constitutional watchdog, the Guardians Council.
"According to some revelations, continuous prayer and alms-giving keeps away such calamities. So, we should give alms and sleep peacefully," he said.
In a Tehran prayer sermon last week, another senior cleric, Ayatollah Kazem Sedighi, warned that the failure of women to abide by Iran's strict dress code was leading to increasing extramarital sex, which was in turn triggering more quakes.
"Many women who dress inappropriately ... cause youths to go astray, taint their chastity and incite extramarital sex in society, which increases earthquakes," Sedighi said.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... 5qWXfHBbwQ
Unlike the previous week's maniac, this one is real enough to have other links on Google - not least to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Jannati and a short biography here http://www.roozonline.com/english/news/newsitem/article/2007/june/12//who-is-ahmad-janati.html
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#168  Postby cursuswalker » Apr 24, 2010 3:28 pm

A demonstration of the military power of the boob:

http://images.hollywoodgrind.com:9000/i ... -boobs.jpg
Image http://www.caerabred.org/

Space Corps Directive 723. 'Terraformers are expressly forbidden from recreating Swindon.'
cursuswalker

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#169  Postby Aurlito » Apr 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Maybe they need charity that's because they cling to these stupid things. I don't think there's a verse in Quran to support their claim.
If your thoughts are the same as they were yesterday, your retired.
Aurlito
Banned Troll

Male

Print view this post

#170  Postby Oeditor » Apr 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Aurlito wrote:Maybe they need charity that's because they cling to these stupid things. I don't think there's a verse in Quran to support their claim.
You may well be right but unfortunately such people also cling on to a vast number of other invented stories, not just The Big One. Also remember that when they are lying politicians at the same time as demented priests, pretty well anything goes if it helps to subjugate the masses.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#171  Postby Calilasseia » Apr 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Seneca is alive and well it seems ...
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#172  Postby Oeditor » Apr 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Calilasseia wrote:Seneca is alive and well it seems ...
I'm afraid you've lost me there. Maybe Agrippina can help? :)
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#173  Postby Agrippina » Apr 25, 2010 3:49 am

Oeditor wrote:
Calilasseia wrote:Seneca is alive and well it seems ...
I'm afraid you've lost me there. Maybe Agrippina can help? :)

I think Cali is referring to the hypocrisy of Seneca, who called himself a "stoic" (i,e, believing in a life of simply stoicism) while living under the protection of Nero, a narcissistic hedonist of the first order, and growing wealthy under this protection.Ofonius Tigellinus, Prefect of the Praetorian Guard, called them (stoics) "that arrogant sect of provokers of sedition and meddler in politics." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigellinus

From Wikipedia. Seneca the Younger was a philosopher and politician in Nero's time:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seneca_the_Younger

Even with the admiration of an earlier group of intellectual stalwarts, Seneca is not without his detractors. In his own time, he was widely considered to be a hypocrite or, at least, less than "stoic" in his lifestyle. His tendency to engage in illicit affairs with married women and close ties to Nero's excess test the limits of his teachings on restraint and self-discipline. While banished to Corsica, he wrote pleas for restoration rather incompatible with his advocacy of a simple life and the acceptance of fate. In his Pumpkinification (54) he ridiculed several behaviors and policies of Claudius that every Stoic should have applauded; a reading of the text shows it was also an attempt to gain Nero's favor by flattery—such as proclaiming that Nero would live longer and be wiser than the legendary Nestor. Suilius claims that Seneca acquired some "three hundred million sesterces within the space of four years" through Nero's favor.[9] Robin Campbell, a translator of Seneca's letters, writes that the "stock criticism of Seneca right down the centuries [has been]...the apparent contrast between his philosophical teachings and his practice."[9]

Seneca generally employed a pointed rhetorical style. His writings contain the traditional themes of Stoic philosophy: the universe is governed for the best by a rational providence; contentedness is achieved by a simple, unperturbed life in accordance with nature and the duty to the state; human suffering should be accepted and has a positive effect on the soul; study and learning is important; et cetera. He emphasized practical steps by which the reader might confront life's problems. In particular, he considered it important to confront the fact of one's own mortality. The discussion of how to approach death dominates many of his letters.

Nero was the son of Agrippina the Younger (daughter of Agrippina the Elder), and the emperor who was said to "fiddle while Rome burned."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero

Sounds a bit like the Islamic clerics who preach poverty and devotion to Allah while growing rich on the rewards of politics, same idea just 2,000 years later.
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#174  Postby Oeditor » Apr 25, 2010 10:33 am

Thanks Aggripina. The nearest I ever got to classics was Robert Graves, rather a long time ago.
Edit: oh, and Mary Renault too.
Last edited by Oeditor on Apr 25, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#175  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 25, 2010 12:21 pm

Yep she knows her stuff :clap:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#176  Postby Agrippina » Apr 25, 2010 1:51 pm

Aw! You guys! :cheers:
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#177  Postby Shrunk » Apr 26, 2010 4:15 pm

So, today's the day: Boobquake! This story actually made our national TV news this AM.

Any reports of seismic activity anywhere yet?
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#178  Postby natselrox » Apr 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Shrunk wrote:So, today's the day: Boobquake! This story actually made our national TV news this AM.

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/36690/Tai ... slide.html
When in perplexity, read on.

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#179  Postby Shrunk » Apr 26, 2010 4:38 pm

natselrox wrote:
Shrunk wrote:So, today's the day: Boobquake! This story actually made our national TV news this AM.

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/36690/Tai ... slide.html

Blag Hag wrote:No, that does not mean I need an update of every single earthquake that has happened so far. No, the Taiwan earthquake is not statistically significant - yet. If we get many of a similar magnitude in the next 24 hours, then we might start worshipping the power of immodesty.

http://www.blaghag.com/2010/04/and-boob ... begun.html

:coffee:
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#180  Postby Agrippina » Apr 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Nothing yet, even our boobquake thread didn't take off except with a mild shiver last night.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Islam