Students wash their feet in school washroom sink!

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Students wash their feet in school washroom sink!

#21  Postby Mantisdreamz » Apr 20, 2010 8:14 pm

You mean get his own basin? They don't just have basins lying around schools. Besides, it's not like he cranked his leg up into the science lab sink... that would be different.
Mantisdreamz

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#22  Postby Oeditor » Apr 20, 2010 8:26 pm

Aurlito wrote:
In his own boundaries, he has to pray. simple.
Well my boundaries exclude washing one's feet in hospital ward sinks. He should do it in some other place or visit the hospital at some other time. Anyway, what's the point of visiting a patient then suddenly popping your feet into the sink and bogging of to pray? Or is the sequel that these relatives start butting the ward linoleum and getting in everyone's way? What does the patient do? Is the patient excused this nonsense? I trust they are excused being wrenched out of bed and dumped on the floor five times a day. Fine - but does Allah really not allow the exclusion to be temporarily extended to the patient's visitors?
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Oeditor » Apr 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Mantisdreamz wrote:You mean get his own basin? They don't just have basins lying around schools. Besides, it's not like he cranked his leg up into the science lab sink... that would be different.
It certainly would - I used to love sink chemistry! His feet might come out very clean but maybe also a very funny colour and quite possibly no longer entire.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Oeditor » Apr 20, 2010 8:54 pm

z8000783 wrote:Looks like they might have been our old friends, the Muslims.Wudhu
OMFG, I've only just got round to reading that shit.
Ablution prepares one mentally for Salat and it also helps concentration in prayer. It is essential to wash or moisturize these parts of the body to generate concentration because the dispersion of thoughts is due to the keenness of the body's five senses. The centers of the five senses are the eyes, ears, nose mouth, hands and feet. It has been proven from the expertise of neurologists that the chain of thought can be rerouted by cooling fingers of the hands and feet. They also say that concentration of thoughts can be achieved by cooling the nerv-ends. That is the Philosophy of Wudhu. A Mulim stands before his Creator by cooling nerve-ends of his body with Wudhu water and concentrating all his thoughts for the worship of the All-Mighty.

In Wudhu, we wash or moisturize the nerve-ends of the hands, feet, hair, mouth, nose and ears. All the main nerve-ends of the body are touched in Wudhu in one way or another. Perfect concentration of thoughts to create the proper worshipping atmosphere is thus attained.

As we learn from everyday experience that a person who has fainted can be brought back to his consc iousness by sprinkling water on his face, hands and feet which clearly proves our theory. That is why a Muslim is expected to achieve his external as well as internal consciousness by performing Wudhu.
Maybe Debunking Woo would be a more appropriate forum!
OTOH, as an aside, it says
PERFORMANCE OF WUDHU
Washing the hands three times up to the wrist; the right hand first and then the left and wash them in such a way that no spot is left dry
So why, if the Muslims are so concerned about cleanliness do Muslim medics demand exemption from surgical scrubbing up to the elbows and in the UK have demanded - and been granted - disposable sleeves instead?
Never mind washing feet, what about washing away the stink of hypocrisy?
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Oeditor » Apr 21, 2010 12:51 am

BTW, modern Muslims think it a terrible thing to wear shoes in the mosque and policemen are ordered to take off their shoes before entering Muslim houses to search for bombs and such. Well, I don't wear shoes indoors but I wouldn't expect visitors to take their shoes off. So why so picky?
Must be tradition. So: hark back to Mohammed's day in the sands of Arabia. Did many people have shoes in those days and those places? Did posh people wear them and the plebs not? Or were the posh people on camels while the plebs needed sandals to trudge through the sand?
Ah, if only we'd been taught social history as well as political history!
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Kuia » Apr 21, 2010 1:56 am

I wash my knickers in the basin when travelling, with no access to a laundry.
Kuia

Print view this post

#27  Postby Kuia » Apr 21, 2010 2:01 am

Oeditor wrote:
... Muslim medics demand exemption from surgical scrubbing up to the elbows and in the UK have demanded - and been granted - disposable sleeves instead?

Do you have a source for this?
Kuia

Print view this post

#28  Postby Kuia » Apr 21, 2010 2:03 am

Paula1 wrote:I'm with Oeditor on this one :cheers:

Anyway, feet are more prone to fungal infections, verrucas, athletes foot

I once went to the loo at work and found a girl washing her belly button piercing in the wash basin :yuk:

What had your hands been doing that they needed washing?
Think about that before saying washing feet or navel is disgusting...
Kuia

Print view this post

#29  Postby Mantisdreamz » Apr 21, 2010 6:33 am

Oeditor wrote:BTW, modern Muslims think it a terrible thing to wear shoes in the mosque and policemen are ordered to take off their shoes before entering Muslim houses to search for bombs and such. Well, I don't wear shoes indoors but I wouldn't expect visitors to take their shoes off. So why so picky?

I take my shoes off whenever I have the chance!

<- One of those people who take my shoes off at a restaurant under a table. :oops:

See, the thing is - we have all these social norms going on, but I don't really see the big deal. For example, farting in public is considered a bit classless, but at the same time, if you don't let it out, you're affecting your health - stomach cramps, nausea, anxiety.

There's a lot worse than soaking your feet in a public sink... at least their not cleaning their feet in a drinking fountain.
Mantisdreamz

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Weaver » Apr 21, 2010 8:22 am

How is anyone "suffering" by observing someone wash their feet in a sink? Whether it's for religious or secular reasons, does it really cause suffering to others?

Like other pre-prayer rituals (determining direction, removing shoes, sacrificing goats, etc), washing feet doesn't cause anyone else harm - nor does the silly praying to non-existant beings cause harm. It's simply a waste of time.

OK, so maybe sacrificing goats is harmful ... ;)
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#31  Postby natselrox » Apr 21, 2010 8:25 am

Mantisdreamz wrote:
Oeditor wrote:BTW, modern Muslims think it a terrible thing to wear shoes in the mosque and policemen are ordered to take off their shoes before entering Muslim houses to search for bombs and such. Well, I don't wear shoes indoors but I wouldn't expect visitors to take their shoes off. So why so picky?

I take my shoes off whenever I have the chance!

<- One of those people who take my shoes off at a restaurant under a table. :oops:

Same here! I even put my feet up on the chair! Have been politely restrained by the waiters quite a number of times! :grin:
When in perplexity, read on.

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Peter Brown » Apr 21, 2010 8:39 am

Am I overreacting thinking that some attention should be brought to this matter?

Well they might hurt themselves so you might request lower sinks for feet height washing?
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#33  Postby Aurlito » Apr 21, 2010 10:45 am

Oeditor wrote:
Aurlito wrote:
Well my boundaries exclude washing one's feet in hospital ward sinks. He should do it in some other place or visit the hospital at some other time. Anyway, what's the point of visiting a patient then suddenly popping your feet into the sink and bogging of to pray? Or is the sequel that these relatives start butting the ward linoleum and getting in everyone's way? What does the patient do? Is the patient excused this nonsense? I trust they are excused being wrenched out of bed and dumped on the floor five times a day. Fine - but does Allah really not allow the exclusion to be temporarily extended to the patient's visitors?

I'm reluctant to say, but it's none of our business. what they believe, is what they believe. I feel exceptional because I was risen as a Muslim kid and now I've broken the boundaries. I've rinsed my feet in sinks, and I'm not scornful. because when I did that, it was my intention to pray for a higher power. now that I have doubts about this higher power, and somehow think that there's not one, I don't see a point in criticizing people who attempt to do what I did myself. I see lots of students washing their feet at the school's fountain, and I don't give a damn about it because it's their belief and the only way to divert it is a rifle with bayonet.
If your thoughts are the same as they were yesterday, your retired.
Aurlito
Banned Troll

Male

Print view this post

#34  Postby z8000783 » Apr 21, 2010 11:11 am

Oeditor wrote:
z8000783 wrote:Looks like they might have been our old friends, the Muslims.Wudhu
Ablution prepares one mentally for Salat and it also helps concentration in prayer. It is essential to wash or moisturize these parts of the body to generate concentration because the dispersion of thoughts is due to the keenness of the body's five senses. The centers of the five senses are the eyes, ears, nose mouth, hands and feet. It has been proven from the expertise of neurologists that the chain of thought can be rerouted by cooling fingers of the hands and feet. They also say that concentration of thoughts can be achieved by cooling the nerv-ends. That is the Philosophy of Wudhu. A Mulim stands before his Creator by cooling nerve-ends of his body with Wudhu water and concentrating all his thoughts for the worship of the All-Mighty.

In Wudhu, we wash or moisturize the nerve-ends of the hands, feet, hair, mouth, nose and ears. All the main nerve-ends of the body are touched in Wudhu in one way or another. Perfect concentration of thoughts to create the proper worshipping atmosphere is thus attained.

As we learn from everyday experience that a person who has fainted can be brought back to his consc iousness by sprinkling water on his face, hands and feet which clearly proves our theory. That is why a Muslim is expected to achieve his external as well as internal consciousness by performing Wudhu.
PERFORMANCE OF WUDHU
Washing the hands three times up to the wrist; the right hand first and then the left and wash them in such a way that no spot is left dry
So why, if the Muslims are so concerned about cleanliness do Muslim medics demand exemption from surgical scrubbing up to the elbows and in the UK have demanded - and been granted - disposable sleeves instead?

Oh get ready for more. A Muslim has to say prayers everytime he shakes his dick. Having said that my wife always says a prayer when she sees mine.
I understand that a person who finds it difficult to remain tahir due to circumstances beyond their control, eg urination problem etc it is not necessary to continually clean up if it is too much of a strain and the person should do fresh wudo before every prayer. What if the prayer for some reason is prayed late eg if 'Asr is done 30 minutes before Maghrib, is a fresh wudo for maghrib necessary for this small time gap? Also if one does wudo for Juma'h prayer one hour early and sits in the mosque waiting for prayer is this wudo adequate or is another one necessary, if it is alright then will the wudo last all the way until just before 'Asr time?

incontinance

John
Last edited by z8000783 on Apr 21, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don’t simply believe in miracles - I rely on them
z8000783

Name: WTF
Male

Greece (gr)
Print view this post

#35  Postby Scarlett » Apr 21, 2010 11:16 am

z8000783 wrote:
Oeditor wrote:

PERFORMANCE OF WUDHU

Oh get ready for more. A Muslim has to say prayers everytime he shakes his dick. Having said that my wife always says a prayer when she she's mine.
I understand that a person who finds it difficult to remain tahir due to circumstances beyond their control, eg urination problem etc it is not necessary to continually clean up if it is too much of a strain and the person should do fresh wudo before every prayer. What if the prayer for some reason is prayed late eg if 'Asr is done 30 minutes before Maghrib, is a fresh wudo for maghrib necessary for this small time gap? Also if one does wudo for Juma'h prayer one hour early and sits in the mosque waiting for prayer is this wudo adequate or is another one necessary, if it is alright then will the wudo last all the way until just before 'Asr time?

incontinance

John

How do you go about she-ing yours?
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#36  Postby z8000783 » Apr 21, 2010 11:19 am

Paula1 wrote:
z8000783 wrote:
Oeditor wrote:

PERFORMANCE OF WUDHU

Oh get ready for more. A Muslim has to say prayers everytime he shakes his dick. Having said that my wife always says a prayer when she she's mine.

incontinance

John

Wouldn't you like to know?

John
I don’t simply believe in miracles - I rely on them
z8000783

Name: WTF
Male

Greece (gr)
Print view this post

#37  Postby Scarlett » Apr 21, 2010 11:40 am

z8000783 wrote:
Paula1 wrote:
z8000783 wrote:
Oeditor wrote:

PERFORMANCE OF WUDHU

incontinance

John

Wouldn't you like to know?

John

:oops: ;)
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#38  Postby I'm With Stupid » Apr 21, 2010 11:46 am

Meh, and then I guess you'd moan if they installed a foot-washing thing, because they'd be spending money on religious privilege. :roll: Let him wash his fucking feet. It's doing nobody else any harm.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#39  Postby purplerat » Apr 21, 2010 8:11 pm

What's the problem with washing feet in a sink, especially if it's done in a washroom or bathroom where people are expected to take care of personal hygiene? I worked in a McDonalds when I was a teenager and become aware of an older gentleman who frequently used the mens bathroom sink to wash his penis. At first I was revolted and question why he was even allowed to do that but once I thought it through it really wasn't a big deal. If he's using the urinal with his penis exposed then washing his hands which were just touching his penis (both of which are perfectly allowable in a bathroom) then why care if he cuts out the middleman so to speak and washes his dick as well? Same thing with feet. People who've just moments before had their fingers up their ass are washing in that sink and nobody cares so what's the concern over feet?
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#40  Postby Shuggy » Apr 21, 2010 10:16 pm

Oeditor wrote:
Aurlito wrote:
Um, weren't we talking about a school, not a hospital? Obviously there are different hygiene issues in a hospital.
The Wero Shop - products to make you laugh and think
Shuggy

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Islam