Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

...in your home country?

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Would you support the forced closure of all mosques in your home country?

Yes
10%
No
88%
Undecided
2%

Total votes : 96

Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#81  Postby Peter Brown » Jun 23, 2015 7:56 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:They can be the most disgusting specimens of inhumanity that you can find on this earth.

There's way more black people in prison going by percentage of population, I guess that means all black people should be thrown in jail by your logic.

I think you have provided an excellent associated worldview and I have to say that wouldn't be my logic, I'd say it was more in line with yours of ignoring the cause and tackling the question of why more blacks are in jail. I want to be looking at the training that given police actions in arresting blacks vs any other colours, the legal system that works against class, and what the benefit of having blacks in prison is that makes the police and legal system behave as it does.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#82  Postby Peter Brown » Jun 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Beatsong wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:go read the Qur'an, if you think its a love book then you're the one who needs help, not me.

If you think it's a hate book then your cherry picking skills are awe inspiring.

Good grief, you obviously never read the Qur'an!
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#83  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 23, 2015 8:00 pm

Peter Brown wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:They can be the most disgusting specimens of inhumanity that you can find on this earth.

There's way more black people in prison going by percentage of population, I guess that means all black people should be thrown in jail by your logic.

I think you have provided an excellent associated worldview and I have to say that wouldn't be my logic, I'd say it was more in line with yours of ignoring the cause and tackling the question of why more blacks are in jail. I want to be looking at the training that given police actions in arresting blacks vs any other colours, the legal system that works against class, and what the benefit of having blacks in prison is that makes the police and legal system behave as it does.

Ah, no. You are the one proposing the simplistic solution that doesn't actually deal with the problem, or accomplish anything at all. Basically, blanket closing all mosques because Muslims are evil is exactly the same solution as just throwing all blacks in jail because blacks are criminals.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#84  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Jun 23, 2015 8:00 pm

This is what people mean when they talk about islamophobia.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#85  Postby Beatsong » Jun 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Peter Brown wrote:
Beatsong wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:go read the Qur'an, if you think its a love book then you're the one who needs help, not me.

If you think it's a hate book then your cherry picking skills are awe inspiring.

Good grief, you obviously never read the Qur'an!

Yes I have, cover to cover. Have you?

The well known passages of violence are few and far between, scattered amongst its pages. Like most religious books it's quite incoherent so there's a bit of intolerance here, a bit of tolerance there, but mostly just religious injunction. As a whole it seemed to me less bloodthirsty and intolerant than the old testament.

For the record I certainly don't think it's a "love book" either. The vast majority of it could probably best be described as a "conformity book". Verse after verse of achingly dull repetition about the importance of believing in Islam, with bizarrely little detail about what it actually is that one is believing in. Both less offensive, and far less interesting, than the image it seems to have in popular imagination.
NEVER WRONG. ESPECIALLY WHEN I AM.
Beatsong

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#86  Postby Peter Brown » Jun 23, 2015 9:58 pm

“About sixty-one percent of the contents of the Koran are found to speak ill of the unbelievers or call for their violent conquest; at best only 2.6 percent of the verses of the Koran are noted to show goodwill toward humanity. About seventy-five percent of Muhammad’s biography (Sira) consists of jihad waged on unbelievers.”
Dr. Moorthy Muthuswamy
It also has some silly stories.
I think 61% that trumps bad verses are 'few and far between'.

We know the problem; it is the Qur'an and the call to be like Muhammad. Muhammad would be in prison for life based on the crimes he historically took part in or even executed in some places. He would not be hero worshiped outside of Islam!

At a basic level, Mosques teach you to follow the Qur’an and be like Muhammad and you want to keep them open. Some think Judaism and Christianity is worse; well where the Jews were told kill this tribe and that tribe in Exodus Muhammad shouts keep killing until there are no more tribes left to oppose you. Selected women made to be raped to save the male in the OT, in the Qur’an all non Muslims are your sex slaves, no exception, and Muhammad can have sex with whoever he wants. Big difference.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#87  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 23, 2015 10:21 pm

No, not really. Even without that, Christianity has a history of oppressing people, sectarian violence, mistreating non-believers, etc. Yet your only interested in taking away the rights of all Muslims. I'd ask why that is, but I'm pretty sure everyone can guess by now.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#88  Postby Anontheist » Jun 23, 2015 10:33 pm

Peter Brown wrote:“About sixty-one percent of the contents of the Koran are found to speak ill of the unbelievers or call for their violent conquest; at best only 2.6 percent of the verses of the Koran are noted to show goodwill toward humanity. About seventy-five percent of Muhammad’s biography (Sira) consists of jihad waged on unbelievers.”
Dr. Moorthy Muthuswamy

Why should I accept the words of an anti-Islamic physicist in this matter?
Anontheist

Name: Simon

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#89  Postby Griz_ » Jun 23, 2015 10:39 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:No, not really. Even without that, Christianity has a history of oppressing people, sectarian violence, mistreating non-believers, etc. Yet your only interested in taking away the rights of all Muslims. I'd ask why that is, but I'm pretty sure everyone can guess by now.

The Muslim religion has a pretty good record of oppression as well. If this is becoming a debate about which book of myths has caused more suffering, let's just call it a tie and dispose with both.
Griz_

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#90  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 23, 2015 11:09 pm

Griz_ wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:No, not really. Even without that, Christianity has a history of oppressing people, sectarian violence, mistreating non-believers, etc. Yet your only interested in taking away the rights of all Muslims. I'd ask why that is, but I'm pretty sure everyone can guess by now.

The Muslim religion has a pretty good record of oppression as well. If this is becoming a debate about which book of myths has caused more suffering, let's just call it a tie and dispose with both.

That was the point I was trying to make to Peter :smile: He wants to close all mosques, but wants to be more picky with Christianity.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#91  Postby Peter Brown » Jun 23, 2015 11:10 pm

Anontheist wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:“About sixty-one percent of the contents of the Koran are found to speak ill of the unbelievers or call for their violent conquest; at best only 2.6 percent of the verses of the Koran are noted to show goodwill toward humanity. About seventy-five percent of Muhammad’s biography (Sira) consists of jihad waged on unbelievers.”
Dr. Moorthy Muthuswamy

are you anti mathmatics? :doh:
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#92  Postby Peter Brown » Jun 23, 2015 11:15 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:That was the point I was trying to make to Peter :smile: He wants to close all mosques, but wants to be more picky with Christianity.

I would be scared if a Muslim becomes more like Muhammad because of a mosque, I would not be scared for my life if a Christian became more like Jesus because of a church.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#93  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Jun 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Take just about any religious text and you can cherry-pick good or bad shit out of them, according to taste. That is why they are useless moral compasses or ways to live. What has to be taught, promoted, encouraged is a secular world view for everyone.
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#94  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Jun 23, 2015 11:21 pm

Peter Brown wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:That was the point I was trying to make to Peter :smile: He wants to close all mosques, but wants to be more picky with Christianity.

I would be scared if a Muslim becomes more like Muhammad because of a mosque, I would not be scared for my life if a Christian became more like Jesus because of a church.

So what? That is not a good reason to ban mosques.
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#95  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 23, 2015 11:27 pm

Peter Brown wrote:

Which part? The part where he tells you to take no need for the morrow? The one where he brings not peace, but a sword? Perhaps the part where he attacks a bunch of people for disrespecting God's temple? Or perhaps all that terrible Old Testament stuff from which Jesus says "until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished"?

You're playing a seriously stupid cherry picking game here.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#96  Postby Beatsong » Jun 23, 2015 11:57 pm

Peter Brown wrote:“About sixty-one percent of the contents of the Koran are found to speak ill of the unbelievers or call for their violent conquest; at best only 2.6 percent of the verses of the Koran are noted to show goodwill toward humanity.

Absolute horseshit.

So have you actually read it then?
Beatsong

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#97  Postby Beatsong » Jun 23, 2015 11:59 pm

Peter Brown wrote:
Anontheist wrote:
Dr. Moorthy Muthuswamy

are you anti mathmatics? :doh:

No, just anti made-up bullshit.
Beatsong

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#98  Postby Peter Brown » Jun 24, 2015 12:17 am

Darwinsbulldog wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:

So what? That is not a good reason to ban mosques.

Well how about they all actively support and practice sexual segregation?
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#99  Postby Peter Brown » Jun 24, 2015 12:19 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:

Which part? The part where he tells you to take no need for the morrow? The one where he brings not peace, but a sword? Perhaps the part where he attacks a bunch of people for disrespecting God's temple? Or perhaps all that terrible Old Testament stuff from which Jesus says "until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished"?

and the crucifixion and resurrection was the accomplishment according to St Paul.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#100  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 24, 2015 12:41 am

Peter Brown wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:

and the crucifixion and resurrection was the accomplishment according to St Paul.

Obviously many Christians don't take that to heart, since we see modern Christians arguing from Old Testament edicts all the time if it suits their needs. You know...cherry picking to make an ignorant argument, just like you're doing here :lol:
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Islam