Apple continues to abuse Chinese labourforce

Hidden camera footage from BBC reporters

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Apple continues to abuse Chinese labourforce

#121  Postby I'm With Stupid » Dec 27, 2014 2:23 pm

I don't think Apple ever claimed to be a particularly moral company (beyond the usual PR crap of normal companies). It did come up during Steve Jobs post-death sainthood that he cancelled all of Apple's charitable activities. I don't remember anyone claiming they were a whiter than white company. Not that it's relevant. As if noy being hypocritical would make worker exploitation more palatable.

Equally, I think the idea that this criticism has anything to do with their Americaness is ridiculous. Obviously British and American companies get more scrutiny from the English language media. That's only natural. But I don't see anyone attacking them for their nationality. If anything they attract a certain amount of extra publicity because of the evangelical nature of some of their users as well as the fact that they're popular amongst creative liberal types. There's an element of "see, they're just another evil corporation."
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#122  Postby SafeAsMilk » Dec 27, 2014 4:22 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:That's because you are frothing. And you have, indeed, created numerous straw men. You might debate me about the former, but about the latter there is no question. You have repeatedly made up positions for me for which you have no basis, and which are contradicted by previous posts I've made in the thread. I've been encouraging you to read it for this very reason.

You dont have to encourage me to do anything. Bloody arrogance.

Indeed I do, because despite having now (finally) read what I posted, you STILL haven't actually addressed any of it or taken any of it into consideration, instead reverting to standard frothing and childish point-scoring. Good job doing the predictable thing of not actually honestly engaging, it's the reason why I treat your posts like the cartoonish drivel they are :cheers:

But that is often the style you see here from people across the pond. Even when they come here they are still the same.

Hey look, more bigotry!

See, here's the difference between you and me: I wouldn't dare to be so pretentious as to make broad, sweeping generalizations about groups of people based on where they're from. For you, it's like water from the tap. Arrogance indeed :cheers:

Until they realise the difference in the two societies then it is a completely different tune.

I don't think there is the difference you think there is, because I get along with folks from over the pond just fine and have since I started contact some 20 years ago. You, however, have a laundry list of quarrels with people that go to the moon. I think that's evidence enough for where the problem actually lies.

You are the one that started bitching and frothing.

And the reason why they chose to point out Apple rather than all the other companies doing the same thing is because...

Exactly what Apple said! What a surprise.

And you don't actually address the point! What a surprise. Can't address something because it's what Apple apparently said? Just spew froth and dismiss? What a surprise :lol:

And that's a good reason for them to give all the other companies a pass because...

Who is starting to froth. My poor Apple.

You are frothing right here, by making butthurt Apple digs instead of addressing the point. No surprise there either. It's what people typically do when they are unable to address the point.

I don't see any of the other companies that do this same sort of thing mentioned in this article, do you?

Oh what a shame just mentioning Apple. I wonder why?

No, you don't wonder why, you rub your hands gleefully and gibber and froth, adding nothing of substance. No surprise, once more. What about the news companies addressing the labor problem? Who cares about that, let's froth about Apple!

I think it would be acknowledged/addressed if the goal of the article was stopping companies from abusing their labor force, or even making people aware of the true nature of this problem. As it stands, it's just an excuse for the frothers to froth.

Then again, I don't expect news companies to do the right thing any more than I expect big corporations to do the right thing, so regarding the article and what it covers: no surprise here.

Who mentioned frothing?

As you can see, I predicted it, and you acted precisely as predicted. Congratulations on being so predictable :lol:

Hey look, more! I'll go get you a bunch of napkins.

Call this debating or just childish insulting?

I call it an appropriate response to the childish and predictable frothing you brought to the table. I don't expect you'll ever actually address my points, because mindless frothing is the goal, isn't it? Go ahead, fulfill another one of my predictions.

Hey look, a straw man! There's the sort of presumptuousness and weakness of position I expect from your posts :cheers:

So, going to provide any evidence for your statements? Or will previous clobberings on this subject stand?

I'm particularly interested in this "white company" thing you've rectally extracted.

This from a person who could be bothered even to watch a 3.5min video.

I'd already watched that video prior to your frothing rants. It didn't support anything you said. No surprise there either!

If you say so. I don't spend my time watching programs about Apple, I guess only folks who like to froth about them do that.

Well at least you are honest

Indeed, you should try it for a change. Honestly addressing the points would be quite the surprise. Instead, I suspect we'll see more twattish, substance-free posts like the one I'm responding to here, which that avoids actually addressing the substance of the issue, and instead focuses on being butt-hurt and trying to score points with childish Peewee Hermanisms. Countdown in 3, 2, 1...
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#123  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Really your childishness is astounding.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#124  Postby SafeAsMilk » Dec 27, 2014 4:43 pm

I'm With Stupid wrote:I don't think Apple ever claimed to be a particularly moral company (beyond the usual PR crap of normal companies). It did come up during Steve Jobs post-death sainthood that he cancelled all of Apple's charitable activities. I don't remember anyone claiming they were a whiter than white company.

Apparently Scot Dutchy says they claimed they were a whiter than white company, and apparently it's only stated on some documentary somewhere that is so obscure that I can't find it and he can't provide a proper link. I suspect you're right though -- same old PR you see from every other big company.

Not that it's relevant. As if noy being hypocritical would make worker exploitation more palatable.

For sure, it's completely irrelevant when worker exploitation is the actual point being addressed.

Equally, I think the idea that this criticism has anything to do with their Americaness is ridiculous. Obviously British and American companies get more scrutiny from the English language media. That's only natural. But I don't see anyone attacking them for their nationality. If anything they attract a certain amount of extra publicity because of the evangelical nature of some of their users as well as the fact that they're popular amongst creative liberal types. There's an element of "see, they're just another evil corporation."

I can't imagine anyone was under the impression that they weren't.

But that brings me to my question: do you really think that publicizing single companies has actually helped with the problem of worker exploitation? Perhaps to some degree, but I think it allows people to ignore how widespread the problem may actually be. Say creative liberals are outraged and stop buying Apple products. Will the contractors clean up their acts for all the other companies that use them? Or will they just put a band-aid on it and wait until it blows over?
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#125  Postby SafeAsMilk » Dec 27, 2014 4:48 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:Really your childishness is astounding.

Irony meter. It exploded.

If that's the most substance you can produce, I'm done with you. Let me know if you actually feel like addressing any of the points. If not, I'm going to do like every other smart person on this forum does and ignore your vapid posts.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#126  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 27, 2014 4:54 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:Really your childishness is astounding.

Irony meter. It exploded.

If that's the most substance you can produce, I'm done with you. Let me know if you actually feel like addressing any of the points. If not, I'm going to do like every other smart person on this forum does and ignore your vapid posts.

Fucking smart! Dont praise yourself. Jesus fucking christ on a pogo stick.

When are you going stop all these tantrums.

I could not care a fuck what you do as you add nothing to any thread just childishness and point scoring but that is just typical.

Plenty go down that path. Go and join them.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#127  Postby orpheus » Dec 27, 2014 9:21 pm

Now, now, boys!
Fightin's out of style!*

SafeAsMilk wrote:
But that brings me to my question: do you really think that publicizing single companies has actually helped with the problem of worker exploitation? Perhaps to some degree, but I think it allows people to ignore how widespread the problem may actually be. Say creative liberals are outraged and stop buying Apple products. Will the contractors clean up their acts for all the other companies that use them? Or will they just put a band-aid on it and wait until it blows over?

This seems to me the thing that really matters. (It's what I tried to say earlier, but you've put it much more clearly.)

*SaM, you knew it was only a matter of time before I threw that one in. :)
“A way a lone a last a loved a long the”

—James Joyce
orpheus

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#128  Postby Macdoc » Dec 27, 2014 10:47 pm

I think in some cases social pressure has helped out with labour issues and Apple is not immune to this kind of pressure.
Will people making a living from their Macs shift their buying....not til hell freezes over..Apple has it's own social responsibility programs it undertakes and tends not to respond to the nonsense either Wallstreet or the apple haters like Scot Dutchy.
Both are irrelevant to the company.

The way Apple handles it's vertical market is both unique and very secretive...they are the only corporation with enough money to entirely buy a segment of future tech.
That said they manage the product quality and quality control....NOT the contracted supplier labour relations.

Hell they were in a bitter battle for years with Samsung but the latter was a very large supplier of Apple.
Without Apple....those contractors would be messing around in the sewage at the bottom feeder level.
Apple also brought one of the lines home for manufacturing - making the new MacPros in the US tho that may be to some degree for optics.

Apple puts social efforts into specific campaigns like it's Red campaign

Why Apple's (RED) campaign is so important | Computerworld
http://www.computerworld.com/.../why-ap ... portant....
Nov 24, 2014 - Apple's latest campaign to raise money for AIDS treatment comes at a critical tipping point in the struggle against the disease.

It also puts efforts behind sustainable

Apple and other global companies can no longer avoid scrutiny anywhere they operate, from activists, investors, governments, and journalists. Ma Jun, a Chinese environmental activist and founder of China's Institute of Public and Environmental Affairs, pretty much singlehandedly caused Apple to address problems in its supply chain by bringing them into the public spotlight.

Worker suicides at Foxconn, Apple's Chinese manufacturing partner, in recent years focused attention on the company's long hours, unsafe conditions and packed living quarters. Apple joined the Fair Labor Association earlier this year, the first technology company to do so.
The FLA's subsequent investigation found at least 50 breaches of Chinese labor laws as well as the code of conduct the group signed with Apple.

Many of the most damning critiques of Apple's worker conditions rely heavily on data and examples brought to light by Apple itself.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-1 ... pany-.html.

SO indirectly - pressuring Apple has brought the spotlight on Foxconn which makes it's own decisions....they were in breach of the laws of their country and the agreements they signed with Apple.

The country is acting on those breaches, so is Apple.
Foxconn cannot afford to lose Apple.

This is a very different situation than with Nike who knowingly condoned the working conditions

'We Blew It': Nike Admits to Mistakes Over Child Labor ...
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines01/1020-01.htm
Oct 20, 2001 - The multi-billion dollar sportswear company Nike admitted ... "Of all the issues facing Nike in workplace standards, child labor is the .... Martin was "known" to them, protesters blocked roads, Twitter raged, questions remained.

Saying Apple abuses the Chinese labour force is codswallop.

Apple's suppliers are in breach of their country's laws and Apple's own guidelines...nother usual bit of Apple hating by those that should know better.

Apple is no saint ....it abuses many aspects of its channel but it has no direct control over Foxconn and no one is forcing people to buy Apple's products...they buy because they work.

Scott Dutchy's continual anti-Apple campaign is so childish....as if it adds to his credibility. :nono: ....since he likes to hand out the pejoratives to others - perhaps he deserves some of the same puerile pie tossed his way.
He just dismisses what he has no clue about...nothing new there...par for the course
I''m quite certain his local Apple store is happy he's not a customer

as for employement..

Apple - Job Creation
https://www.apple.com/about/job-creation/
80,000 employees worldwide; 50,250 in the U.S., nearly two-thirds of ... as our full -time staff, including health insurance and the employee stock purchase plan.

as for knock on

current jobs ranging from engineering to manufacturing to transportation

50 states
with full-time Apple employees

iOS app economy jobs

https://www.apple.com/about/job-creation/

Funny Scot et al aren't up to exposing the real criminal organizations like the Koch Bros buying politicians and destroying the environment. Talk about suckers.....

:coffee:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#129  Postby willhud9 » Dec 28, 2014 12:35 am

I'm With Stupid wrote:I don't think Apple ever claimed to be a particularly moral company (beyond the usual PR crap of normal companies). It did come up during Steve Jobs post-death sainthood that he cancelled all of Apple's charitable activities. I don't remember anyone claiming they were a whiter than white company. Not that it's relevant. As if noy being hypocritical would make worker exploitation more palatable.

Right because certain Apple products are actually useful for the creative liberal types. My comment was referring to one particular poster who has a certain agenda against a certain country which has been evidence on this forum since day 1. His particular posts on this page are pretty much evident of that bias.

Now plenty of companies have plenty of good products despite having a shitty rep. Microsoft is a stupid company. Windows 8 is in my opinion a fantastic operating system (haters gonna hate).

I have an iPhone. I got it for free on my phone plan and only pay $60 a month for unlimited talk and text and a decent data plan. I am also not going to just hand in my phone because of the companies misbehavior. Apple has some good products and services (Itunes is still my favourite music service) of which I will still consume.

I can still be an Apple consumer and still be against activities conducted by the company. Me having a personal embargo on the company does nothing. That is like a customer at work in the grooming salon dramatically telling me they are never coming to us again after receiving "poor" service. Okay bye. It is not hypocritical it is realism.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#130  Postby Macdoc » Dec 28, 2014 1:35 am

Apple has its warts....this is not one of them. They do not own Foxconn.
Just a BBC face plant.

This however points to a larger issue...

Apple Is Paying Almost No Taxes On The $102 Billion It Has Stashed Offshore: Report

but it's not only Apple

On Tuesday, Cook is expected to testify on behalf of Apple as part of a Senate committee hearing targeting companies that move money overseas in an aim to lower their tax bills. Cook told the Washington Post last week that he plans to ask Congress to lower the corporate tax rate on overseas profits companies bring back home. Large U.S.-based multinational companies currently have $1.9 trillion stashed offshore.

These are ethical and national issues on a global scale
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#131  Postby Teague » Jan 02, 2015 1:22 pm

willhud9 wrote:^ Is the definition of frothing. It is also chalk full of strawmans since SafeasMilk never said we should not criticize apple or draw attention to it. Just that Apple is the brunt of a lot of objection that seems to stem from an irrational hatred of the company for no better reason than it is American. Now why is that Scot...no wait....already know the answer.

People don't hate apple because it's american lol. They can't stand them because they're pretentious wankers.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#132  Postby aban57 » Jan 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Teague wrote:
willhud9 wrote:^ Is the definition of frothing. It is also chalk full of strawmans since SafeasMilk never said we should not criticize apple or draw attention to it. Just that Apple is the brunt of a lot of objection that seems to stem from an irrational hatred of the company for no better reason than it is American. Now why is that Scot...no wait....already know the answer.

People don't hate apple because it's american lol. They can't stand them because they're pretentious wankers.

And because of their closed-system policy, and because they sell their products 100$ too much
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#133  Postby Teague » Jan 02, 2015 1:51 pm

aban57 wrote:
Teague wrote:

And because of their closed-system policy, and because they sell their products 100$ too much

Yeah, that too lol
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#134  Postby I'm With Stupid » Jan 02, 2015 2:47 pm

willhud9 wrote:I have an iPhone. I got it for free on my phone plan and only pay $60 a month for unlimited talk and text and a decent data plan.

Not really though.

Obviously I wasn't suggesting that people would throw away Apple products that they already have. What would be the point of that? But these sort of issues do make people think when they're going to buy a new product. I think the most likely affect is that it will make people look out for products made in the developed world instead, and more specifically, made local to them. With companies like Amazon, it has a more immediate affect, because people buy things far more regularly from them.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#135  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#136  Postby Macdoc » Jan 02, 2015 6:57 pm

a little balance against the Apple hater above.... same guy that didn't think kids need cell phones....luddite in another age.

Apple 'deeply offended' by BBC investigation

Apple has said it is "deeply offended" by a BBC investigation into conditions for workers involved in manufacturing its devices.

Rules on workers' hours, ID cards, dormitories, work meetings and juvenile workers were routinely breached, the Panorama programme witnessed.

In a staff email, senior Apple executive Jeff Williams said he knew of no other company doing as much as Apple to improve conditions.

But he added: "We can still do better."

Panorama's editor Ceri Thomas said he stood by the programme's journalism.

He said the team had found an exhausted workforce making Apple products in China, as well as children working in extremely dangerous tin mines in Bangka, Indonesia.

"While Apple did confirm earlier this year that it gets tin from Bangka, it had never been confirmed whether illegal tin was entering their supply chain," he said.

"We got the first evidence of this on our trip.

"We told Apple what we had found almost two months ago. Although Apple was happy to give us a non-attributable briefing, we were disappointed that the company wasn't prepared to explain its position on camera."

Rianto
Panorama found little to stop the tin mined by children ending up in Apple's products
Mr Williams' email, published in full by The Telegraph (and reproduced below), was sent to around 5,000 Apple staff in the UK.

"Panorama's report implied that Apple isn't improving working conditions," he wrote.

"Let me tell you, nothing could be further from the truth."

He said he wanted the email to offer "facts and perspective, all of which we shared with the BBC in advance, but were clearly missing from their programme".

He wrote that he and Apple chief executive Tim Cook were "deeply offended by the suggestion that Apple would break a promise to the workers in our supply chain or mislead our customers in any way".

He added: "We are honest about the challenges we face and we work hard to make sure that people who make our products are treated with the dignity and respect they deserve."

Apple had declined to be interviewed for the programme.

'Appalled'
The email goes on to outline some of the efforts Apple has made to improve working conditions in its various factories across China.

The Panorama film showed exhausted workers falling asleep on their 12-hour shifts at Pegatron factories on the outskirts of Shanghai.

One undercover reporter, working in a factory making parts for Apple computers, had to work 18 days in a row despite repeated requests for a day off.

Mr Williams said Apple had undertaken an audit of working hours.

Panorama secret filming
Secret filming showed exhausted workers falling asleep while at their stations
"Several years ago, the vast majority of workers in our supply chain worked in excess of 60 hours, and 70+ hour work-weeks were typical.

"After years of slow progress and industry excuses, Apple decided to attack the problem by tracking the weekly hours of over one million workers, driving corrective actions with our suppliers and publishing the results on our website monthly - something no other company had ever done.

"This year, our suppliers have achieved an average of 93% compliance with our 60-hour limit."

It also explained how the firm supports moves to address the issue of illegal mining in countries such as Indonesia.

In the Panorama programme, children were seen mining for the tin typically used in devices such as smartphones and tablets.

The process can be extremely dangerous - miners can be buried alive when the walls of sand or mud collapse.

The programme spoke to 12-year-old Rianto who was working with his father at the bottom of a 70ft cliff of sand.

He said: "I worry about landslides. The earth slipping from up there to the bottom. It could happen."

Pegatron has said it will look carefully at the BBC's claims
In the Apple staff email, Mr Williams said: "Our team visited the same parts of Indonesia visited by the BBC, and of course we are appalled by what's going on there.

"We spearheaded the creation of an Indonesian Tin Working Group with other technology companies.

"Apple is pushing to find and implement a system that holds smelters accountable so we can influence artisanal mining in Indonesia."

He concluded: "We know there are a lot of issues out there, and our work is never done.

"We will not rest until every person in our supply chain is treated with the respect and dignity they deserve."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30548468

Once more...this is Apple extending their influence to COMPANIES THEY DO NOT OWN......
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#137  Postby I'm With Stupid » Jan 02, 2015 8:41 pm

Macdoc wrote:Once more...this is Apple extending their influence to COMPANIES THEY DO NOT OWN......

You say that like it's an unusual thing that should be congratulated, when in reality, it's the minimum we should expect of companies trading in our countries. I expect Apple to ensure that their supply line is clean in the same way that I expect De Beers to make sure there aren't any children mining their diamonds, regardless of whether the company doing the dirty work is a different one.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#138  Postby Macdoc » Jan 02, 2015 10:24 pm

Snort...what "should be" planet do you live on?...You vote with your purchase dollars....by all means be activist on corporate responsibility...just make sure that when you do ...you actually get the facts correct as BBC did not.

Nor did Wallstreet and dozens of other "gurus" who are beginning to wake up.

Save your ire for the Koch Bros and and Walmart and the other exploiters .

Editorial: the world revolved around Apple, Inc in 2014
By Daniel Eran Dilger
Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 02:08 am PT (05:08 am ET)

snip

Hot air blows in a fresh direction

Journalist Daisuke Wakabayashi of the Wall Street Journal finally admitted that "the story line" he and his colleagues been actively promoting throughout 2013 (that Apple's "formidable growth had petered out and Samsung Electronics Co. was eating its lunch") was completely backwards, an upside down concoction of false reports that contradicted everything that was actually happening in the industry. Well, at least he passively admitted "the story line" was false.

It is extremely unusual for business journalists to admit they've gotten the story wrong. Matthew Garrahan and Tim Bradshaw of the Financial Times similarly passively admitted they had fabricated a false story about Chromebooks in education, for example. There will apparently never be an actual correction.

The way sites like CNET and Reuters cover Apple, one could build a career around simply pointing out how disastrously wrong and twisted their reporting is. In fact, several people could stay busy doing just that.

The authors of knuckle dragging hit pieces (like the BBC's recent blaming of Apple for all social ills around the planet, even those with very little connection to Apple) will continue, but mainstream journalists have appeared to wake up to the reality that Apple is the primary innovator in consumer electronics, the only company with any real concern about workers' rights and environmental issues, and virtually the only PC and phone maker that can consistently earn sustainable profits.

It's hard to not understand that when faced with the reality that Apple earns 86 percent of the handset industry's global profits, while being the only company to take any real action to improve the status quo in a sea of cutthroat penny pinching manufacturers that revolve around free software.

In 2014, the world's journalists, investors and software developers all collectively discovered they'd been disastrously wrong about Apple in 2013. And with good reason.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/12/ ... nc-in-2014

so if you decide to buy a quality product from Apple at a high price that works well - which is the underlying reason people do buy....you also get a socially responsible company backing your purchase as a bonus. :coffee:
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#139  Postby ED209 » Jan 03, 2015 9:03 am

I'm With Stupid wrote:
Macdoc wrote:Once more...this is Apple extending their influence to COMPANIES THEY DO NOT OWN......

You say that like it's an unusual thing that should be congratulated, when in reality, it's the minimum we should expect of companies trading in our countries. I expect Apple to ensure that their supply line is clean in the same way that I expect De Beers to make sure there aren't any children mining their diamonds, regardless of whether the company doing the dirty work is a different one.

This 'do not own' bullshit is a complete red herring, as though apple buy a basket of components that might otherwise have ended up in toasters or something. They buy parts under long term contracts made to their order and their specification in facilities run to their specification. The company that makes coca cola cans is not owned by coca Cola but nonetheless the facilities are co-located and as integrated as conceivably possible.

Other companies that have been criticised for abuses in their supply chains like Primary have a much stronger case for saying that their suppliers are genuinely separated and able to sell generic products to other retailers but of course we don't have people so emotionally invested in their brand as to leap to their defence.
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#140  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 03, 2015 10:08 am

Macdoc wrote:

Once more...this is Apple extending their influence to COMPANIES THEY DO NOT OWN......

Eh, they do outsource their production to this company. Which no-one is forcing them to do.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs