Brexit

The talks and negotiations.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Brexit

#662  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 07, 2017 2:50 pm

Tracer Tong wrote:Of course, given the outcome of the negotiations aren't known, the applicability of ETIAS to British citizens is largely speculation at this point.

What negotiations? Of course they will apply to all 3rd counties without exception. The days for the UK to get special deals are over.

This has nothing to do with Brexit.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#663  Postby Tracer Tong » Aug 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tracer Tong wrote:Of course, given the outcome of the negotiations aren't known, the applicability of ETIAS to British citizens is largely speculation at this point.

What negotiations?

The negotiations that are being conducted between Britain and the rest of the EU. You may have heard about them? They've been mentioned occasionally in the news.

Scot Dutchy wrote:Of course they will apply to all 3rd counties without exception.

My crystal ball needs calibrating. Evidently yours is working apace.

Scot Dutchy wrote:This has nothing to do with Brexit.

You remember you posted the article about this, and commented on it while mentioning 'Brexit'. Right?
Die Alten sind weder die Juden, noch die Christen, noch die Engländer der Poesie. Sie sind nicht ein willkürlich auserwähltes Kunstvolk Gottes; noch haben sie den alleinseligmachenden Schönheitsglauben; noch besitzen sie ein Dichtungsmonopol.
Tracer Tong

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#664  Postby Teague » Aug 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Tracer Tong wrote:
Teague wrote:Oh you voted to leave?

Yeah. And what'll really get your goat is that I'd do so again.

Actually, I'm curious for your reasons to leave.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#665  Postby Tracer Tong » Aug 07, 2017 3:06 pm

I answered that question for you a few weeks ago: Because I sail out of Peterhead, buttle for Farage and am an advocate of the Nuneaton Method (Byron will fill you in).
Die Alten sind weder die Juden, noch die Christen, noch die Engländer der Poesie. Sie sind nicht ein willkürlich auserwähltes Kunstvolk Gottes; noch haben sie den alleinseligmachenden Schönheitsglauben; noch besitzen sie ein Dichtungsmonopol.
Tracer Tong

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#666  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 07, 2017 3:29 pm

You seem to have great difficulty seeing facts. The rules are going through the EU Parliament just now and will in place when the UK leaves. They were drawn up before the Brexit referendum. Only if May and co accept the EU demands completely regarding EU citizens would I see any movement on these rules but as the way thing are going there is not going to be a deal.
It is one deal not a load of separate deals. The UK must accept all three demands (how the Irish border question is going to be answered at present there is no way) then agreement must be met on a trade deal based on the four freedoms. This whole package has to be agreed upon by all 27 countries and the EU government. Do you see that happening with that mob in the UK? I dont.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#667  Postby Teague » Aug 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Tracer Tong wrote:I answered that question for you a few weeks ago: Because I sail out of Peterhead, buttle for Farage and am an advocate of the Nuneaton Method (Byron will fill you in).

Not particularly helpful and kind of lazy but ok!
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#668  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 07, 2017 3:37 pm

Especially when googling 'Nuneaton Method' only give job vacancies.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#669  Postby Teague » Aug 07, 2017 3:53 pm

or the methodist church...
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#670  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 07, 2017 4:02 pm

Also the times of the mosque.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#671  Postby Tracer Tong » Aug 07, 2017 4:30 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:You seem to have great difficulty seeing facts.
The rules are going through the EU Parliament just now and will in place when the UK leaves. They were drawn up before the Brexit referendum. Only if May and co accept the EU demands completely regarding EU citizens would I see any movement on these rules but as the way thing are going there is not going to be a deal.
It is one deal not a load of separate deals. The UK must accept all three demands (how the Irish border question is going to be answered at present there is no way) then agreement must be met on a trade deal based on the four freedoms. This whole package has to be agreed upon by all 27 countries and the EU government. Do you see that happening with that mob in the UK? I dont.

This seems mostly to be a ramble. If you've information that demonstrates, conclusively, that ETIAS will apply to British citizens after Britain's exit from the EU, you're welcome to present it. Otherwise, I'm going to continue to think you've as many crystal balls in Holland as you have bicycles.

Teague wrote:
Tracer Tong wrote:I answered that question for you a few weeks ago: Because I sail out of Peterhead, buttle for Farage and am an advocate of the Nuneaton Method (Byron will fill you in).

Not particularly helpful and kind of lazy but ok!

You reap what you sow, I guess.

Well done brexiter morons, well done! :clap:

And we'll have MORE immigrants and MORE cancer now - brilliant! :dance:

Scot Dutchy wrote:Especially when googling 'Nuneaton Method' only give job vacancies.

I didn't advise that you ask Google, but Byron.
Tracer Tong

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#672  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 07, 2017 5:54 pm

It is always amazing how Brexiteers cant face certain facts. You will be out by 29-3-19. Nothing can change it. It could be extended but requires a majority in the European Council as defined under art 218(3). That is very unlikely.

If you can provide any information to the contrary I would be glad to read it.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#673  Postby Tracer Tong » Aug 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:It is always amazing how Brexiteers cant face certain facts. You will be out by 29-3-19. Nothing can change it. It could be extended but requires a majority in the European Council as defined under art 218(3). That is very unlikely.

So all you've provided is a crass insult, and information I didn't ask for.

Let's try again: you've claimed that the ETIAS scheme will apply to British citizens after Britain leaves the EU. I've asked what information you possess that demonstrates, conclusively, this is the case. If you've not any, just say so, and I can continue to be confident that you're mostly speculating.

Note that I'm not asking when Britain is leaving the EU, or under what conditions its departure could be postponed.
Tracer Tong

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#674  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 08, 2017 12:05 pm

Tracer Tong wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:It is always amazing how Brexiteers cant face certain facts. You will be out by 29-3-19. Nothing can change it. It could be extended but requires a majority in the European Council as defined under art 218(3). That is very unlikely.

Let's try again: you've claimed that the ETIAS scheme will apply to British citizens after Britain leaves the EU. I've asked what information you possess that demonstrates, conclusively, this is the case. If you've not any, just say so, and I can continue to be confident that you're mostly speculating.

Note that I'm not asking when Britain is leaving the EU, or under what conditions its departure could be postponed.

Cant use simple logic? On leaving the UK will be a third country. The ETIAS scheme affects all third countries so it affects the UK. Simple logic.
Do you see a deal happening? I dont. Or are you thinking that the UK will be treated differently? Although there is no deal ETIAS wont apply? No speculating involved.
Typical Brexiteer. Those days have gone now get used to it.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#675  Postby Teague » Aug 08, 2017 12:28 pm

Tracer Tong wrote:

You are aware this is a forum, right? This is where you type out things so I see one of two things happening here.

1) You're on a forum but cba to have a conversation even though that's the point of being here.

2) You don't have an argument.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#676  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 08, 2017 12:47 pm

Another £400 million out of the UK economy:

Brexit: Global broadcasters with bases in UK look to Amsterdam as EU divorce talks stall

'No one running a business of any scale can wait to the end of negotiations before deciding what to do,' said Adam Minns, executive director of the Commercial Broadcasters Association

At a glass-wrapped industrial estate in London north of the River Thames, Brexit is giving global broadcasters a headache.

From a screen-packed, server-filled studio, Discovery Communications — home of channels including Animal Planet and Eurosport — transmits more than 120 TV feeds into Europe. Across the road, Walt Disney licences foreign language versions of its popular kids channels beamed to the likes of Denmark, Greece and Norway.

Akin to global banks, international media companies like Discovery, Sweden’s Modern Times Group and Time Warner’s Turner International use UK licences to access the European Union and must fast decide whether to relocate some operations to preserve that access.

More...

Proof once again of how the Brexiteers failed to think things through.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#677  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 08, 2017 12:57 pm

Who would have believed it:

UK is paying the EU less than half the sum claimed by Brexit campaigners, reveal new figures

UK’s net contribution falls to its lowest level for five years – about £156m a week

Britain is paying the European Union less than half the sum claimed by Brexit campaigners, new official figures have revealed.

The UK’s net contribution has fallen to its lowest level for five years, at just £8.1bn in 2016-17 – or about £156m a week.

The sum is under half the £350m-a-week claimed by Brexiteers during the EU referendum campaign, which they promised to divert to the cash-strapped NHS.

Vote Leave, the official Brexit campaign, was widely criticised for printing a slogan on the side of its battle bus that said: “We send the EU £350m a week.”

Boris Johnson and other key figures were photographed alongside the bus, promising the health service the extra money – but the pledge was immediately dumped when Theresa May took over in Downing Street.

Furthermore, the £8.1bn sum for the annual bill would fall further if the Treasury figures included payments from Brussels into private-sector organisations in the UK.

More...

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#678  Postby Tracer Tong » Aug 08, 2017 12:57 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tracer Tong wrote:

Cant use simple logic? On leaving the UK will be a third country. The ETIAS scheme affects all third countries so it affects the UK. Simple logic.
Do you see a deal happening? I dont. Or are you thinking that the UK will be treated differently? Although there is no deal ETIAS wont apply? No speculating involved.

So still more crass insults, and still nothing of what I asked for. As I suspected, you're speculating.

Personally, I don't know whether ETIAS will apply to British citizens once Britain has left the EU. As I say, my crystal ball needs calibrating.

Teague wrote:
Tracer Tong wrote:

You are aware this is a forum, right? This is where you type out things so I see one of two things happening here.

1) You're on a forum but cba to have a conversation even though that's the point of being here.

I am having a conversation with you: you asked why I voted to leave the EU, and I gave you an answer. You complained that that answer was unhelpful and lazy, and so I've merely pointed out that, given your recent comments, you can hardly expect more.

If someone who takes the issue seriously wants to know why I voted the way I did, naturally they'll receive a more serious answer.
Tracer Tong

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#679  Postby Teague » Aug 08, 2017 12:59 pm

How many industries are going to leave over Brexit, exactly? We're losing an awful lot for what benefit again?
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#680  Postby Teague » Aug 08, 2017 1:00 pm

Tracer Tong wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tracer Tong wrote:

So still more crass insults, and still nothing of what I asked for. As I suspected, you're speculating.

Personally, I don't know whether ETIAS will apply to British citizens once Britain has left the EU. As I say, my crystal ball needs calibrating.

Teague wrote:
Tracer Tong wrote:

I am having a conversation with you: you asked why I voted to leave the EU, and I gave you an answer. You complained that that answer was unhelpful and lazy, and so I've merely pointed out that, given your recent comments, you can hardly expect more.

If someone who takes the issue seriously wants to know why I voted the way I did, naturally they'll receive a more serious answer.

Ok so you don't have an answer. You could just say that rather than making shit up and trying to demonize me like a child would do.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs