President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#10341  Postby The_Piper » Jan 18, 2018 10:04 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
The_Piper wrote:5 seconds into the video, shut it off because it's that bird brain again. Trump, yes, but the bird brain who makes trolling YT videos full of lies and distortions. And basic birdbrainerry.
But on the actual topic, how virtuous and adult of our president to issue fake news awards. What a fine example to set for our young people. Dog shit.

Speaking of our young people... they're being fed a steady diet of lies, half-truths, out-and-out distortions etc. by the fake news media which try to pass it off as legitimate news. Many, many news outlets are now nothing more than Libtard propaganda machines who will scrap the bottom of the barrel in order to further their agenda.

You mentioned dog shit... that reminded me of CNN.

Well we were speaking about Trump, but I'll go there with you. Dog shit like Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, Howie Carr, Brietbart, and their ilk have always been conservative propaganda machines. There was never a time when they were honest. There was never a time when they didn't push racial divisiveness. Never a time when they didn't pit their listeners against other decent Americans. Never a time when they didn't lie for money. Right wing media is not interested in spreading the truth. The "fake news media" is nowhere near as bad real fake news. Conservatives with intellectual honesty already know this.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10342  Postby scott1328 » Jan 18, 2018 10:33 pm

The_Piper wrote:Conservatives with intellectual honesty already know this.

I have never, ever met one. What does one look like?
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10343  Postby The_Piper » Jan 18, 2018 10:37 pm

scott1328 wrote:

I think I saw some on tv once. :teef:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10344  Postby Seabass » Jan 18, 2018 11:38 pm

The one Republican I can stand is Richard Painter. He turns up on Bill Maher and some of the cable news shows from time to time. He was involved with that lawsuit against Trump over the emoluments clause. He shits all over Trump on Twitter, too. He might actually hate Trump more than I do, if that's possible.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

#10345  Postby Seabass » Jan 19, 2018 1:33 am

Sebastian Gorka was White House aide while a fugitive from Hungarian justice
The White House employed a Hungarian fugitive for seven months, according to an arrest warrant that appears to show that Sebastian Gorka, a former adviser to Donald Trump, was wanted there on weapons charges as of September 2016.

The warrant, first reported by Hungarian online outlet 444 and BuzzFeed News is for “firearm or ammunition abuse”.

Gorka, a former Breitbart writer and Trump campaign surrogate, served as “deputy assistant” to the president during his White House tenure, but the exact nature of his role was vague. Gorka was reportedly forced out last August, by the chief of staff, John Kelly, who had recently assumed the role.

Details on the alleged crime triggered the warrant were scarce. The site 444 noted that it could have resulted from an incident as far back as 2009. Hungarian police did not respond to a request for comment.

Gorka told the Guardian that “since I moved to the US in 2008”, a year before the possible 2009 incident, he would decline to comment.

“More #FAKENEWS,” he then added.

He did not reply to a question about whether the incident could have occurred on a visit back to his native Hungary.

Gorka has a longstanding and well-documented interest in guns. He told Recoil magazine in November that his “everyday carry” includes two pistols, a knife, a tourniquet – and for good measure – a copy of the US constitution. In February 2016, he had a pistol confiscated after attempting to bring it through Washington’s Reagan national airport.

Born in the UK to Hungarian-born parents, Gorka spent much of his career in the Hungarian ministry of defense working on issues of counter-terrorism. Since he became a fixture of the Trump campaign and administration, numerous experts have raised questions about his formal credentials and his work in the field of counter-terrorism, and noted his connections to the “alt-right” in the US and fringe rightwing groups in Hungary.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/18/sebastian-gorka-hungary-fugitive-white-house-aide
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Print view this post

#10346  Postby Seabass » Jan 19, 2018 1:42 am

Seabass

Print view this post

#10347  Postby Tero » Jan 19, 2018 3:52 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tero wrote:Yeah, always good for the guy. And guys with small hands.

Did not get it did you?

No
How American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#10348  Postby Tero » Jan 19, 2018 3:53 am

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

1 Cuts tax, bringing up deficit by trillions
2 claims to build wall
3 forces budgets, DACA, whatever issue to be linked to WALL
4 leaves his party to figure it out, goes to FL to play golf
5 BLAMES ALL THIS ON DEMOCRATS
:lol:
How American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#10349  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 19, 2018 6:53 am

Tero wrote:ACCOMPLISHMENTS

1 Cuts tax, bringing up deficit by trillions
2 claims to build wall
3 forces budgets, DACA, whatever issue to be linked to WALL
4 leaves his party to figure it out, goes to FL to play golf
5 BLAMES ALL THIS ON DEMOCRATS
:lol:

Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#10350  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 19, 2018 7:05 am

Seabass wrote:How on earth does a Canadian end up being pro-Trump? They're supposed to be our kinder, gentler, saner neighbors to the north.

A Canuck Trumpling, huh? Now I've seen everything... :eh:

Al Jolson in The Jazz Singer called to the orchestra and said, "Wait a minute, wait a minute I tell yer, you ain't heard nothin' yet."

And believe me... you ain't heard nothin' yet!
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#10351  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jan 19, 2018 7:48 am

scott1328 wrote:

I have no trouble finding Libtards, I just look under rocks, the bottom of barrels, slime pits, safe spaces with crayons, Play-Doh and cute puppy videos, and of course, mutual masturbation societies. Oh. and when they're not rioting in the streets 'cause they didn't get Hitler-y Cunton and her crime syndicate family elected (remember blow-job in the WH Bill?) they try to destroy the democratic process and poison academic freedom.

In addition, their hallmark is feelings always trump facts.

A sure-fire recipe for the destruction of America.
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#10352  Postby Spinozasgalt » Jan 19, 2018 7:58 am

Seabass wrote:How on earth does a Canadian end up being pro-Trump? They're supposed to be our kinder, gentler, saner neighbors to the north.

They do have the likes of Jordan Peterson though.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#10353  Postby Animavore » Jan 19, 2018 8:16 am

Why are Trumplings getting brave all of a sudden? Same on Rationalia. They've been quiet for a while, too embarrassed to speak, and now they're rearing their ugly heads again, tripling-down on this train wreck.

What's changed?

(Also, be careful laying it on SP. He's fragile. Don't want him having another nuclear meltdown.)
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10354  Postby willhud9 » Jan 19, 2018 8:32 am

Skinny Puppy wrote:
scott1328 wrote:

I have no trouble finding Libtards, I just look under rocks, the bottom of barrels, slime pits, safe spaces with crayons, Play-Doh and cute puppy videos, and of course, mutual masturbation societies. Oh. and when they're not rioting in the streets 'cause they didn't get Hitler-y Cunton and her crime syndicate family elected (remember blow-job in the WH Bill?) they try to destroy the democratic process and poison academic freedom.

When trolls have to try this hard it’s not even amusing. Sad.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10355  Postby Seabass » Jan 19, 2018 8:37 am

Spinozasgalt wrote:

They do have the likes of Jordan Peterson though.

Never heard of him. If he's anything like Trump, I should probably keep it that way.

Seabass

Print view this post

#10356  Postby aban57 » Jan 19, 2018 8:48 am

Animavore wrote:Why are Trumplings getting brave all of a sudden? Same on Rationalia. They've been quiet for a while, too embarrassed to speak, and now they're rearing their ugly heads again, tripling-down on this train wreck.

What's changed?

(Also, be careful laying it on SP. He's fragile. Don't want him having another nuclear meltdown.)

Trump is still in charge, as opposed to all those who said he would be killed or fired in the first weeks. Gives them legitimacy.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#10357  Postby Seabass » Jan 19, 2018 8:51 am

Trump to overhaul HHS office, shield health workers with moral objections
The Trump administration on Thursday will announce an overhaul of the HHS civil rights office as part of a broader plan to protect health workers who don't want to perform abortions, treat transgender patients seeking to transition or provide other services for which they have religious or moral objections.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/16/conscience-abortion-transgender-patients-health-care-289542

Seabass

Print view this post

#10358  Postby Calilasseia » Jan 19, 2018 9:44 am

Is this a Breitbart Bot I see before me?
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10359  Postby Seabass » Jan 19, 2018 10:05 am

TRUMP LEADING THE ‘MOST UNETHICAL PRESIDENCY’ IN MODERN HISTORY, ETHICS GROUP SAYS IN FIRST-YEAR REVIEW
A nonprofit government watchdog group has accused Donald Trump of leading the “most unethical presidency” in modern times and possibly in the nation’s history, in a report published Tuesday.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) castigated Trump in its report, “The Most Unethical Presidency: Year One,” saying his utter dismissal of standard ethics practices has led to legal challenges and scandals that have tainted the office.

“The Trump administration is confronted by an extraordinary scale and scope of legal and ethics scandals,” the report said. “It is unrivaled in the modern era, and perhaps in the history of the nation, for a first-year administration.”

Seabass

Print view this post

#10360  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 19, 2018 10:22 am

willhud9 wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:
scott1328 wrote:

When trolls have to try this hard it’s not even amusing. Sad.

:this:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs