President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#11841  Postby KeenIdiot » Apr 26, 2018 10:29 pm

Tero wrote:Trickledown from corporate tax cuts not increasing salaries
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/38480 ... om-tax-law

They'll point to the few that do give some benefits to their community as proof it works.
KeenIdiot

Name: Mike
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11842  Postby OlivierK » Apr 27, 2018 12:29 am

newolder wrote:
Alan C wrote:
newolder wrote:After a half hour meltdown via phone on early morning tv, Michael Avenatti says that he would like to see Mr. Trump on Fox & Friends every day. :rofl:

Just heard about that, the Faux News host desperately ended the call [before Trumpenführer could incriminate himself more clearly], usually they try to keep it going.

Here's the relevant section of the National Embarrassment's call to F&F:

Legendary Youtube commentator Pink Custard notes:
It somehow managed to be worse than I expected it to be

I'm confident he'll say this isn't him speaking in the days to come... :lol:

ETA Unedited full 1/2 hour is now available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lu_Hgw60Ns

I've got to 13 minutes so far and need to take a break.

On how bad Comey is, and how much he's achieved, Trump's just going over old ground in a familiarly detached-from-reality way.

But it's been a car crash from the start where he admits that it's Melania's birthday, but he hasn't got her anything and is going on Fox instead of being with her, then backtracks to say he managed a card and flowers (possibly after staff slipped him a note that they'd done that without him), but still saying he had no time to do better (it's not like he could think of something thoughtful and have his staff get it, right?) What a toad.

And blaming his lack of ability to hire on Democratic obstruction by running hard at confirmation hearings is just a massive lie, given that most unfilled positions don't even have a nominee.

Someone should write up an annotated transcript pointing out the lies, but it would take weeks, it's such a diarrhoeal Gish gallop.

Edit: got to the end. As well as some new lines of bullshit, it was just a greatest hits album of conspiracy theories past, ending up with his favourite that the Electoral College structurally favours the Democrats, even despite his own election disproving this.
Last edited by OlivierK on Apr 27, 2018 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#11843  Postby Tero » Apr 27, 2018 1:43 am

Trump fixer is a teeny tiny part of his legal team. Some kind of junior fixer who only gets the women to deal with.
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-ri ... ?r=UK&IR=T
How American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#11844  Postby Alan C » Apr 27, 2018 4:02 am

Von Clownstick really does think he should be able to take the wheel of the DoJ and run over his imagined enemies. How disturbingly despotic.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#11845  Postby OlivierK » Apr 27, 2018 4:08 am

And he praises himself for not corruptly intervening in the DoJ, while also (a) suggesting he might start interfering any time now, and (b) having strongly criticised Sessions for similarly recusing himself.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#11846  Postby Calilasseia » Apr 27, 2018 9:25 am

Meanwhile, on a more serious note, the Senate Judiciary Committee approved a plan to shield Robert Mueller from being fired by Trump.

The bipartisan Mueller-protection legislation, the product of lengthy negotiations among its initial backers — Graham, Tillis, and Democratic Sens. Cory Booker of New Jersely and Chris Coons of Delaware — would give any special counsel 10 days after a termination to challenge the move in court. Grassley agreed to call up the bill and worked with both parties to shape his own amendment to the plan.

Grassley acknowledged Thursday before the bill’s passage that “my constitutional concerns remain” about potential judicial review of a prospective executive-branch decision. Nonetheless, Grassley said, “I believe this bill should be considered by the full Senate.”

The revised version of Grassley’s amendment, adopted with broad Democratic support, would codify existing special counsel regulations, including reporting mandates for the DOJ to notify Congress about the establishment and closure of special counsel investigations. He initially proposed requiring that changes to the scope of Mueller’s probe be reported to Congress.

Though I suspect that the cited constitutional concerns emanating from Republicans on this matter, are more likely to be the result of reflecting how badly it would bite them on the arse in future, if they let Trump go full despot on this matter. Having set the requisite precedent, they'd set themselves up for some epic revenge by the Democrats at some point in the future.

In the meantime, it's crossed my mind that the Republicans swung behind Trump, the moment he nominated Pence as his VP partner. The game plan being for Trump to launch into his circus, and be allowed to reach a state where he blows an artery through apoplexy at some point, whereupon the Republicans get the serious, hardcore ideologue they wanted in the hot seat in the first place, but knew they'd never get via the direct (and honest) route. Part of their recent frustrations with Trump, are probably best summed up as "why won't the bastard hurry up and fucking die?"
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11847  Postby scott1328 » Apr 27, 2018 12:10 pm

scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11848  Postby LucidFlight » Apr 27, 2018 12:20 pm

Last edited by LucidFlight on Apr 27, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11849  Postby scott1328 » Apr 27, 2018 12:23 pm

What were those fox anchors thinking:

Guy on left: "idiot"
Woman in middle: "Poor Melania"
Guy on right: "we're all gonna die"
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11850  Postby Animavore » Apr 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Had to laugh at them cutting him. It was like someone was shouting in their earpiece, "Get him the fuck off. NOW!"
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#11851  Postby felltoearth » Apr 27, 2018 2:05 pm

This is what's known in the biz as Jumping the Shark.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#11852  Postby Calilasseia » Apr 27, 2018 5:44 pm

Trump hasn't just jumped the shark, he's jumped every every fucking marine monster from Liopleurodon to Megalodon in one fucking huge bound ...
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11853  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Apr 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Hostages...

"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11854  Postby Alan C » Apr 27, 2018 9:00 pm

It seems Trumpenführer's on-air seppuku made it into a court filing 2 hours later to lend support to the idea that there is no client-attorney privilege on the seized documents. Add that to Cohen's other clients also throwing him under bus to save their own venal arses.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#11855  Postby willhud9 » Apr 27, 2018 9:51 pm

@Cali

As much as I would love for Trump to attempt to fire Mueller only to be told no by the Legislative Branch would be satisfying the problem comes down to the SCOTUS and I don’t think Congress has a leg.

The DOJ and all other cabinets can be dismissed tomorrow at the whim of the President too which no one can say anything against. Cabinets are not constitutionally protected jobs.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11856  Postby Seabass » Apr 28, 2018 4:21 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

#11857  Postby Animavore » Apr 29, 2018 5:47 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#11858  Postby Animavore » Apr 29, 2018 5:49 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#11859  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Apr 29, 2018 7:07 pm

Animavore wrote:Image

Seems to not understand the point of the WH correspondents dinner. Or that fact that he is himself part of the elite.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#11860  Postby SafeAsMilk » Apr 29, 2018 7:16 pm

I'm sure he knows perfectly well, it's just that he's a partisan hack who'll say anything that pushes his agenda.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs