President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#14621  Postby Thommo » Oct 25, 2018 1:20 am

laklak wrote:I'm betting it's a Soros financed false flag. Dems are worried about GOP poll numbers. You notice NONE of the devices worked, right? What are the chances that a gunnut white supremacist couldn't build a working IED? Come on. Maybe one or two wouldn't detonate, but ALL of them?

Hey, it makes as much sense as a lot of the bullshit I see around here.

Not sure it's true that none of them worked. None of them went off, but that's because the mail was screened.

Wait, why am I debunking joke conspiracy theories? :?
Thommo

Print view this post

#14622  Postby laklak » Oct 25, 2018 1:22 am

It's a slow night and ain't shit on the tube?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#14623  Postby Thommo » Oct 25, 2018 1:22 am

Depressingly accurate! :thumbup:
Thommo

Print view this post

#14624  Postby Spinozasgalt » Oct 25, 2018 1:41 am

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-lab ... -workers-1
DOJ: Businesses Can Discriminate Against Transgender Workers

The Justice Department today told the U.S. Supreme Court that businesses can discriminate against workers based on their gender identity without violating federal law.

Solicitor General Noel Francisco told the high court that a civil rights law banning sex discrimination on the job doesn’t cover transgender bias. That approach already has created a rift within the Trump administration, contradicting the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s view of the law it’s tasked with enforcing.

A Michigan funeral home wants the high court to overturn a U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit decision finding that the company violated federal workplace discrimination law when it fired Aimee Stephens, a transgender worker. The EEOC successfully sued on behalf of Stephens in that case, but the Justice Department has the sole authority to represent the government before the Supreme Court. The DOJ told the high court that the Sixth Circuit got the case wrong.

“The court of appeals misread the statute and this Court’s decisions in concluding that Title VII encompasses discrimination on the basis of gender identity,” Francisco said in a brief filed with the court.

The Supreme Court is expected to decide in the coming months whether to take up the case. It’s also been asked to consider two other cases testing whether sexual orientation bias is a form of sex discrimination banned under the existing law.

When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#14625  Postby scherado » Oct 25, 2018 1:42 am

Seabass wrote:This article is a month old, but it seems relevant today...

Your profile indicates you are from the U.S. of A.

Do you fear "right-wing" violence since the election?

What I fear, possibly daily, is people with Trump Derangement Syndrome.
scherado
Banned Troll

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14626  Postby Rumraket » Oct 25, 2018 1:45 am

scherado wrote:

There is no such thing. :roll:
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#14627  Postby SafeAsMilk » Oct 25, 2018 1:46 am

scherado wrote:

Do you fear observe "right-wing" violence since the election?

FIFY. Yes I do.

You can tell them by their MAGA hats.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14628  Postby OlivierK » Oct 25, 2018 1:47 am

scherado wrote:

Poor little snowflake, so easily afraid.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#14629  Postby Thommo » Oct 25, 2018 1:48 am

Fear is meaningless when it's irrational paranoia.
Thommo

Print view this post

#14630  Postby OlivierK » Oct 25, 2018 1:51 am

Unless it makes you put bombs in the post.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#14631  Postby laklak » Oct 25, 2018 1:53 am

They all fucking scare me.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#14632  Postby Rumraket » Oct 25, 2018 2:00 am

scherado wrote:Do you fear "right-wing" violence since the election?

I think you should read this post:
The real threat of violence comes from the right. The Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism reports that right-wingers and white supremacists were responsible for 74 percent of the murders committed by political extremists in the United States over the past decade. Only 2 percent were committed by left-wing radicals. Alex Nowrasteh, an immigration policy analyst at the libertarian Cato Institute, has calculated that “terrorists inspired by Nationalist and Right Wing ideology have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists since 1992.”

What’s more, white supremacists and their fellow travelers have strong connections to the establishment right and are far more organized than the antifa. They seek to provoke confrontation through armed marches onto college campuses and into the centers of liberal-leaning cities, like the confrontation in Charlottesville last summer.

These narratives about aggressive left-wing violence aren’t just distorted. They are dangerous, because they set the stage for replacing democratic institutions with authoritarian rule. Provoking street violence and blaming it on their opponents is exactly how totalitarian regimes have gained power in the past.

We are seeing the effect right now. Braindead Trump-sycophants are taking matters into their own hands and are now trying to assassinate politicians because they're afraid of delusional conspiracy theories. I mean look at that insane quote from Skinny Puppy, who has been mislead to believe that Soros is actively trying to destroy america: "It’s also possible, only possible, that some of the protestors were being paid indirectly by Soros. It’s a known fact that he is trying to break America by funding various radical groups."

This can't be believed by a thinking person. There is ZERO evidence of this.
Rumraket

Print view this post

#14633  Postby Regina » Oct 25, 2018 9:13 am

Just A Theory wrote:I edited my comment above, I'll reprint it here:

To be clear:

• Rhetoric aimed squarely against Iran including pulling out of the Treaty of Amity
  • Withdrawing from a nuclear non-proliferation treaty with Russia

These are dangerously destabilising actions which increase the risks of war.

• Rhetoric from the President directed at a single religious and/or ethnic group ("They're not sending their best people" & the Muslim Ban)
  • Concentration camps for kids
  • Open endorsement of fascist rhetoric including Trump re-tweeting racist statements from openly fascist groups
  • Open admission that Trump is a nationalist

These are clear signs of a nationalistic direction in US foreign and domestic policy.

I'll stand by my statement thanks.

Fine. But then you don't know what September 1, 1939 meant nor what concentration camps were. Spare us the rhetoric. Things are bad enough already.
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#14634  Postby Cito di Pense » Oct 25, 2018 9:18 am

laklak wrote:I would, but it would fall on deaf ears.

At least you're not holding back on the excuse that if you told us, you'd have to kill us. Then you could tell us, and lament that your commentary was falling on 'dead ears'.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Amir Bagatelle
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#14635  Postby Tero » Oct 25, 2018 11:37 am

OlivierK wrote:Unless it makes you put bombs in the post.

Some of the bombs were not posted. The stamps were not canceled. It was merely disguised as mail.
How American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#14636  Postby The_Metatron » Oct 25, 2018 4:39 pm

Tero wrote:
OlivierK wrote:Unless it makes you put bombs in the post.

Some of the bombs were not posted. The stamps were not canceled. It was merely disguised as mail.

I see this kind of pedantism from my boys. You do know, its nothing but a distraction from the actual comment, don’t you?

Mailed, not mailed, it changes nothing about what OlivierK was saying in reply to Thommo’s remark,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14637  Postby scherado » Oct 25, 2018 8:03 pm

scherado
Banned Troll

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14638  Postby Rumraket » Oct 25, 2018 8:46 pm

All politicians get death threats. Literally. Without exception. It's just that right wingers are usually the ones that attempt to carry them out.

Sorry buddy, it's just statistics. Your ability to list a handful of examples does not establish the magnitude of a trend.
Rumraket

Print view this post

#14639  Postby purplerat » Oct 25, 2018 8:51 pm

scherado wrote:Here's a short list of recent attacks (or threats of violence) ON individuals of the Right BY individuals of the Left:

https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/farzad-fazeli/

https://pjmedia.com/trending/gop-candidate-recovering-from-assault-blames-maxine-waters-hillary-clinton-and-eric-holder/?utm_source=PJMFacebook&utm_medium=post&fbclid=IwAR3_UeuSxgTmJY-mlF19DBNzWPo7JuVOBT31nKCO2Firv9ybPywSCNtGk_A

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/17/sarah-anderson-second-minnesota-republican-reports/

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/17/wilfred-michael-stark-arrested-assault-kristin-dav/

https://freebeacon.com/issues/30-gop-congressmen-attacked-threatened-since-may/

https://tucson.com/news/local/tucson-man-sentenced-to-months-in-prison-for-threatening-u/article_7c24137c-4339-11e8-83e1-83cd515d009f.html

https://freebeacon.com/politics/ohio-man-charged-with-threatening-gop-congressman/

https://freebeacon.com/politics/republican-congressman-and-his-family-receives-death-threats/

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdny/pr/additional-charge-filed-against-grand-island-man-arrested-leaving-threatening

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/as-national-media-worry-about-tone-of-trump-rallies-three-gop-lawmakers-receive-death-threats

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-martin-county/stuart/stuart-man-arrested-for-threatening-congressman-brian-masts-children

(Source)

The difference between right and left here is that we call those who [presumably] are on the left who act violently towards the opposition extremists and disavow them.

The Right/GOP elects them.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14640  Postby scherado » Oct 25, 2018 8:52 pm

Rumraket wrote:All politicians get death threats. Literally. Without exception. It's just that right wingers are usually the ones that attempt to carry them out.

Sorry buddy, it's just statistics. Your ability to list a handful of examples does not establish the magnitude of a trend.

Sorry Bud you are quite wrong. It's more than a handful AND you can't produce anything close for the short time-frame--election day 2016 to present--where the violence is in the other direction.

We'll wait your your list within that time-frame. Thanks in advance.
scherado
Banned Troll

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs