President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#19441  Postby The_Piper » Jun 10, 2020 6:36 pm

Seabass wrote:Wtf? Trump has been playing "Macho Man" at his rallies?? :what:

The Village People order Trump to stop playing ‘Macho Man’ and ‘YMCA’ at rallies
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/village-people-trump-macho-man-ymca-rallies-tweet-a9556251.html

:lol: :lol: He's a poser, literally and figuratively. And his buddy Roy Moore liked to stay at the YMCA, until they banned him for bothering young girls.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19442  Postby Animavore » Jun 10, 2020 8:59 pm

Trump campaign demands CNN apologize for poll that shows Biden leading

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/10/poli ... index.html
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#19443  Postby Tortured_Genius » Jun 10, 2020 10:35 pm

OlivierK wrote:You missed the obvious one that Trump particularly focuses his insults on accusing others of his own flaws (Low Energy Jeb, Lyin's Ted, Crooked Hillary, Fake News, "No, you're Putin's puppet!", Biden's doing something dodgy in Ukraine, bad people on both sides of neo-Nazi protests/counter-protests).

You are quite right Oliver, I missed that, but as I said, after the first 10 was losing the will to live.

WTF though - might as well extend the list as he exhibits them since there's probably only a couple of dozen max.

11. Accuse the opposition of your own manifest faults. This will effectively defuse the possibility of them being used against you as they are dragged into childish argument ("No, you're the biggest crook!").

Animavore wrote:
Trump campaign demands CNN apologize for poll that shows Biden leading

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/10/poli ... index.html

12. Push the boundaries. Claim powers and prerogatives way beyond what would be considered normal or legal. If they are not immediately rebutted or refused then they form a precedent for future seizure of power.

I think this calls for another drink :cheers:
None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#19444  Postby Alan C » Jun 11, 2020 12:17 am

If you had a drink for every thing that is wrong about that fascist you'd be paralytic in short order. Hope your liver is up to it.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#19445  Postby aban57 » Jun 11, 2020 9:49 am

It's funny how America has so many ressources to make sure countries around the world get democracy, but then America never seems to have the ressources to make sure there is democracy IN America.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#19446  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 12, 2020 7:13 am

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/trump-authorises-sanctions-international-court-officials-200611134349115.html
Trump authorises sanctions against ICC officials

US says it will punish court workers investigating alleged war crimes by US forces and their allies including Israel.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#19447  Postby Animavore » Jun 12, 2020 10:16 am

North Korea Says Trump’s ‘Empty Promise’ Dashes Hopes for Deal

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/arti ... ahms-_W6Bs
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#19448  Postby aban57 » Jun 12, 2020 8:20 pm

aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#19449  Postby Animavore » Jun 12, 2020 8:29 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#19450  Postby Alan C » Jun 12, 2020 10:28 pm

aban57 wrote:

Will any of his supporters actually think twice about that waiver?
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#19451  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Jun 12, 2020 10:54 pm

Some cults demand one go so far as suicide. If Dear Leader asked his supporters to off themselves I bet more than half would do so.

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
theropod_V_2.0

Name: R.A.

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19452  Postby aban57 » Jun 13, 2020 2:49 pm

Just as a comparison, to remember how much we lost...

aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#19453  Postby Macdoc » Jun 13, 2020 4:34 pm

any thoughts of the dumpf using the military to stay in power seems to have evaporated ....

The elite military club that's scorning Trump
Peter Bergen
Opinion by Peter Bergen, CNN National Security Analyst
Updated 8:28 PM ET, Mon June 8, 2020

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/opinions ... index.html

snip
Now that so many top retired military officers are speaking out against Trump as the 2020 presidential election campaign heats up some of these officers may organize to try to defeat him.
That would be uncharted territory for the United States, but Americans are living through extraordinary times.
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#19454  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Jun 13, 2020 4:57 pm

My sister-in-law lives in SW Seattle, and according to her the “occupy” movement is nothing more than a music festival with a purpose. The sad excuse that 911 calls are taking longer because of the protest is absurd. A six block portion of Seattle is a tiny part of a huge city. If 911 calls are taking linger than normal for a response it’s because the cops are playing the “sucks to be you” game. The pretense that the protests are causing this slow down is a dereliction of their sworn duty, and symptomatic of the excess of power concentrated outside the hands of the people. Turnip is purposefully instigating and escalating the situation, and if sends in active duty military we may be looking at the end of the republic/union. How any president could even think of setting loose the hounds of war on American citizens is beyond me. What boggles even more is that a huge swath of his cult members think mowing down those exercising their constitutional rights would make America super great again. I’m seriously worried this will culminate in another civil war, and the union of states will be dissolved. I never thought I’d live to see this shit play out here. Fucking hell.

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
theropod_V_2.0

Name: R.A.

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19455  Postby chango369 » Jun 13, 2020 7:10 pm

It should have happened 155 years ago, when Robert E. Lee surrendered to Ulysses S. Grant at Appomattox, but maybe — just maybe — the Civil War is finally coming to an end. And perhaps Donald Trump, not Jefferson Davis, will go down in history as the last president of the Confederacy.

Symbols like flags and monuments matter, because what they symbolize is our vision of ourselves as a nation: the heroes, battles, movements, sacrifices and ideals we honor. So when I see multiracial crowds toppling the statues of Confederate soldiers and politicians, when I see respected military leaders arguing that Army posts should no longer bear the names of Confederate generals, when I see NASCAR banning displays of the Confederate battle flag at its races — witnessing all of this, I let hope triumph over experience and allow myself to imagine that this may indeed be a transformational moment.

Trump might go down in history as the last president of the Confederacy
dt106.jpg
dt106.jpg (37.74 KiB) Viewed 886 times
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#19456  Postby Seabass » Jun 16, 2020 6:20 am

The president’s niece Mary Trump is set to publish a tell-all this summer—and to reveal that she was a primary source for The New York Times’ investigation into Trump’s taxes.

Donald Trump’s niece, his deceased brother’s daughter, is set to publish a tell-all book this summer that will detail “harrowing and salacious” stories about the president, according to people with knowledge of the project.

Mary Trump, 55, the daughter of Fred Trump Jr. and eldest grandchild of Fred Trump Sr., is scheduled to release Too Much And Never Enough on July 28, Simon & Schuster confirmed Monday, just weeks before the Republican National Convention.

One of the most explosive revelations Mary will detail in the book, according to people familiar with the matter, is how she played a critical role helping The New York Times print startling revelations about Trump’s taxes, including how he was involved in “fraudulent” tax schemes and had received more than $400 million in today’s dollars from his father’s real estate empire.

As she is set to outline in her book, Mary was a primary source for the paper's Pulitzer Prize-winning investigation, supplying Fred Trump Sr.’s tax returns and other highly confidential family financial documentation to the paper.

Details of the book are being closely guarded by its publisher, Simon & Schuster, but The Daily Beast has learned that Mary plans to include conversations with Trump’s sister, retired federal judge Maryanne Trump Barry, that contain intimate and damning thoughts about her brother, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

Mary Trump has kept out of the public eye and has not spoken publicly in decades—but in 2000, amidst a bitter family court battle over Fred Trump Sr.’s will, she told the New York Daily News, "Given this family, it would be utterly naive to say it has nothing to do with money. But for both me and my brother, it has much more to do with that our father [Fred Jr.] be recognized," she said...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mary-trump-donald-trumps-niece-is-writing-a-tell-all-book-that-details-how-she-leaked-tax-papers-to-nyt/
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

#19457  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Jun 16, 2020 8:01 am

theropod_V_2.0 wrote:My sister-in-law lives in SW Seattle, and according to her the “occupy” movement is nothing more than a music festival with a purpose.

It's a street fair. People are watching movies and sharing food and cutting each other's hair. Occasionally someone says a few words. That's it.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#19458  Postby Mike_L » Jun 16, 2020 9:26 am

No street fair is complete without assault rifles...

Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#19459  Postby NamelessFaceless » Jun 16, 2020 1:49 pm

Open letter to 2020 West Point Grads signed by over 1,000 West Point Almuni:

https://medium.com/@concernedwestpointg ... b4862babda

The abhorrent murder of George Floyd has inspired millions to protest police brutality and the persistence of racism. Sadly, the government has threatened to use the Army in which you serve as a weapon against fellow Americans engaging in these legitimate protests. Worse, military leaders, who took the same oath you take today, have participated in politically charged events. The principle of civilian control is central to the military profession. But that principle does not imply blind obedience. Politicization of the Armed Forces puts at risk the bond of trust between the American military and American society. Should this trust be ruptured, the damage to the nation would be incalculable. America needs your leadership.
. . .

When fellow graduates fail to respect the checks and balances of government, promote individual power above country, or prize loyalty to individuals over the ideals expressed in the Constitution, it is a travesty to their oath of office.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19460  Postby The_Piper » Jun 16, 2020 3:49 pm

The recent pushback from some current and former members of the armed forces isn't quite reassuring, but it gives a glimmer of hope that they won't back Trump if he refuses to leave office or any other number of unconstitutional crap. Hopefully that's true.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs