President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#20101  Postby Svartalf » Sep 07, 2020 12:15 pm

do you think it was a horridussenex senator, or the more common lobbyistus mendax ?
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#20102  Postby felltoearth » Sep 07, 2020 1:22 pm

Animavore wrote:Image

And the taxpayer picked up the tab,
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#20103  Postby The_Piper » Sep 07, 2020 2:13 pm

Svartalf wrote:do you think it was a horridussenex senator, or the more common lobbyistus mendax ?

It must've been "Moscow Mitch" McConnell. Image
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#20104  Postby aban57 » Sep 10, 2020 9:20 pm

I listened to his address an hour ago. It was surreal. I mean, we're lucky to live in a time where we can record these things, because there were so many lies per second that you can't count them all in one go. I pitty so much the journalists who have to listen to him all day to analyse everything he says. It has to be the worst job on the planet, after FB moderator...
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#20105  Postby Animavore » Sep 11, 2020 10:06 am

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#20106  Postby aban57 » Sep 11, 2020 2:49 pm

Animavore wrote:Image

You realize how bad the situation is when you catch yourself wondering if this is a fake or if it's true.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#20107  Postby Alan B » Sep 11, 2020 3:30 pm

CNN
Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump admitted he knew weeks before the first confirmed US coronavirus death that the virus was dangerous, airborne, highly contagious and "more deadly than even your strenuous flus," and that he repeatedly played it down publicly, according to legendary journalist Bob Woodward in his new book "Rage."
"This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward on February 7.
In a series of interviews with Woodward, Trump revealed that he had a surprising level of detail about the threat of the virus earlier than previously known. "Pretty amazing," Trump told Woodward, adding that the coronavirus was maybe five times "more deadly" than the flu.
Trump's admissions are in stark contrast to his frequent public comments at the time insisting that the virus was "going to disappear" and "all work out fine."
The book, using Trump's own words, depicts a President who has betrayed the public trust and the most fundamental responsibilities of his office. In "Rage," Trump says the job of a president is "to keep our country safe." But in early February, Trump told Woodward he knew how deadly the virus was, and in March, admitted he kept that knowledge hidden from the public.
"I wanted to always play it down," Trump told Woodward on March 19, even as he had declared a national emergency over the virus days earlier. "I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic."
If instead of playing down what he knew, Trump had acted decisively in early February with a strict shutdown and a consistent message to wear masks, social distance and wash hands, experts believe that thousands of American lives could have been saved.

He fucking knew. So he played to the ignorant and uneducated and treated a killer pandemic situation like a fucking game show.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#20108  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 12, 2020 1:31 pm

They're really getting fucking desperate:
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/16/politics/postal-service-trump-absentee-ballot-request-mail-usps/index.html

Voters in North Carolina have received absentee ballot request forms in the mail with Trump's face on them

Given the crisis facing the United States Postal Service before a presidential election, the last thing John Herter expected to receive in the mail Saturday was an absentee ballot request form with President Donald Trump's face on it.
"Is this a joke?" Herter said his wife told him as she opened up the mailer to reveal a photo of Trump grinning underneath the words, "Are you going to let the Democrats silence you? Act now to stand with President Trump."

"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#20109  Postby Alan C » Sep 13, 2020 1:25 am

Dirty trick to get at least some people to throw them away.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#20110  Postby chango369 » Sep 13, 2020 3:59 am

This is about as close as you get to seeing lemmings-off-a-cliff brought to life.

dt125.jpg
dt125.jpg (55.42 KiB) Viewed 969 times

https://twitter.com/lindyli/status/1304983519324762113
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#20111  Postby The_Piper » Sep 13, 2020 1:45 pm

Idiocracy is already here. Or maybe this is idiocrazy. :nono: I forget what year that was supposed to take place in, but clearly the time has come sooner than even Mike Judge could have guessed. Mike Judge, the creator of Beavis and Butthead, underestimated the stupidity of the current US. I did too, but hey, I'm no Mike Judge.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#20112  Postby chango369 » Sep 14, 2020 11:05 pm

I haven't been able to vet the source (Law&Crime) much, other than find out that Dan Abrams of ABC News founded the web site, but JFC this level of atrocity is NOT implausible with the Trump crime syndicate.

Several legal advocacy groups on Monday filed a whistleblower complaint on behalf of a nurse at an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention center documenting “jarring medical neglect” within the facility, including a refusal to test detainees for the novel coronavirus and an exorbitant rate of hysterectomies being performed on immigrant women.

The nurse, Dawn Wooten, was employed at the Irwin County Detention Center (ICDC) in Georgia, which is operated by LaSalle Corrections, a private prison company. The complaint was filed with the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) by advocacy groups Project South, Georgia Detention Watch, Georgia Latino Alliance for Human Rights, and South Georgia Immigrant Support Network.

Multiple women came forward to tell Project South about what they perceived to be the inordinate rate at which women in ICDC were subjected to hysterectomies – a surgical operation in which all or part of the uterus is removed. Additionally, many of the immigrant women who underwent the procedure were reportedly “confused” when asked to explain why they had the surgery, with one detainee likening their treatment to prisoners in concentration camps.

‘Like an Experimental Concentration Camp’: Whistleblower Complaint Alleges Mass Hysterectomies at ICE Detention Center

Frank Zappa
chango369

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#20113  Postby Animavore » Sep 15, 2020 5:40 pm

All these books criticising Trump it just isn't fair; it's like criticising the Amish on TV.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#20114  Postby chango369 » Sep 15, 2020 10:38 pm

So it looks like it was a thing after all. It's getting exhausting loathing these evil bastards.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Tuesday called for an investigation into a Georgia ICE detention center where a whistleblower complaint from one of the facility’s nurses detailed health care abuses, including questionable hysterectomies and a refusal to test for and report coronavirus cases.

Forbes: Pelosi Calls For Investigation Into Claims Of Mass Hysterectomies, Poor Covid-19 Care At ICE Detention Center

Frank Zappa
chango369

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#20115  Postby The_Piper » Sep 16, 2020 1:00 am

What happened to pro life? Odious.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#20116  Postby Alan C » Sep 16, 2020 3:23 am

Repugnants only care about it while it's still in the womb, once it's out it's "go get a job you lazy bum". They're not pro-life they're anti-women.

This latest promotional picture from Tweetolini's campaign using a stock photo with Russian jets is familiar. I know I've seen it before somewhere [and recognised then that they appeared to be SU-27s or similar] but I'm having a look around. It was advertising one thing or another.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#20117  Postby Hermit » Sep 16, 2020 10:32 am

God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#20118  Postby Animavore » Sep 16, 2020 4:58 pm

Spotted at Comicon. Guy dressed as Roger Stone.

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#20119  Postby Fenrir » Sep 17, 2020 4:33 am

Hermit wrote:Image

"According to press reports"

Dude has possibly the largest and most sophisticated intelligence gathering apparatus on the planet to inform him.

Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#20120  Postby Hermit » Sep 17, 2020 5:08 am

Fenrir wrote:"According to press reports"

Dude has possibly the largest and most sophisticated intelligence gathering apparatus on the planet to inform him.

You don't actually expect Trump to read reports from his intelligence gathering apparatus, do you? They're too long to fit into a tweet. The time it takes to read any of them would be an intolerable imposition on his golf games, and be beyond his capacity to stay focused for long enough to digest.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs