Republican Watch

People who say "Democrats are as bad as Republicans" are almost as bad as Republicans.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Republican Watch

#2641  Postby Seabass » Nov 28, 2023 3:18 am

Somehow, there exists a reality in which this is not satire:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

#2642  Postby Calilasseia » Nov 28, 2023 3:47 pm

There's been a fair degree of overlap between flat Earth loons and creationists for some time. I've encountered some hilariously deranged examples on FB ...
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2643  Postby Tortured_Genius » Nov 28, 2023 4:02 pm

These people make me depressed.

They can vote and drive cars :( .
None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2644  Postby Alan C » Dec 16, 2023 12:31 am

Rudy Colludy just got handed a 148 million defamation verdict by the jury in favour of those two election workers. I hope they extract every cent they can from that fucking ghoul. Especially when he's tripled-down on his lies before, during and even after the trial.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#2645  Postby Fenrir » Dec 16, 2023 4:32 am

Prediction.

He will defame them again.

They will sue. Again. and win. Again.

Possibly several agains.

They will never see a cent
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#2646  Postby Seabass » Dec 28, 2023 3:32 am

Nikki Haley has some interesting ideas regarding what the Civil War was about.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Print view this post

#2647  Postby The_Piper » Dec 28, 2023 3:52 am

It's a South Carolina thing. :doh: My dad was from there originally. The correct answer from her that they all wanted to hear is states rights. :nono:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2648  Postby Animavore » Jan 10, 2024 7:52 pm

Got a laugh out of Hunter Biden humiliating the GOP today.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#2649  Postby Caper » Jan 29, 2024 3:41 pm

My nomination for Youtube quote of the week (month? year?):
"Open the Prison Gaetz!
Roll out the Welcome Matt!"
Caper

Name: Glenn Smith

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2650  Postby Seabass » Jan 31, 2024 5:45 am

Republicans are trash.

Rep. María Elvira Salazar takes credit in her district for federal funds she voted against

Seabass

Print view this post

#2651  Postby Seabass » Feb 05, 2024 7:21 pm

Far-right Israel minister suggests Trump would be better for Israel than Biden
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/04/far-right-israel-minister-suggests-trump-would-be-better-for-israel-than-biden-00139522
JERUSALEM — A far-right minister in Israel’s government has criticized President Joe Biden and said that having Donald Trump in power would allow more freedom to fight Hamas. The comments sparked outrage among other Israeli officials on Sunday and highlighted the sensitivity of relations as Secretary of State Antony Blinken visits the region again this week.

[...]

Itamar Ben-Gvir, Israel’s national security minister, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal that Biden was hindering Israel’s war effort.

“Instead of giving us his full backing, Biden is busy with giving humanitarian aid and fuel (to Gaza), which goes to Hamas,” Ben-Gvir said. “If Trump was in power, the U.S. conduct would be completely different.”

Ben-Gvir, along with other far-right figures, has called for “voluntary” mass emigration of Palestinians from Gaza and the return of Jewish settlements, which Israel dismantled when it withdrew troops from the territory in 2005. The Biden administration opposes any such scenario.

Ben-Gvir and other key members of Netanyahu’s governing coalition have threatened to bring down the government if they believe he is too soft on Hamas.

[...]

The war in Gaza has leveled vast swaths of the tiny enclave, displaced 85% of its population and pushed a quarter of residents to starvation.

Seabass

Print view this post

#2652  Postby Alan C » Feb 15, 2024 8:55 am

It's Moscow Mike Johnson now.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#2653  Postby Alan C » Feb 18, 2024 6:39 am

And not only is he a fucking dominionist homophobe, I just learned he's a YEC as well? How many more boxes can he tick?

He is, for now, the speaker of the house spending most of his waking hours up inside Mango Mussolini's rear end.
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#2654  Postby The_Piper » Feb 18, 2024 8:09 pm

The House is on vacation while foreign aid twists in the wind, and their fake crisis at the border remains without a solution. Not for nothing but the Democrats giving them exactly what they wanted on the border is just another example of them shooting themselves in the foot. I'm surprised they still have feet left. They're in office not because they're good at this, but that Republicans are less than useless. And I have to vote for them again. <---------- rant included.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2655  Postby Seabass » Feb 21, 2024 5:59 am

Ex-FBI source charged with Biden lies is tied to Russian intelligence, prosecutors say
https://www.npr.org/2024/02/20/1232789953/alexander-smirnov-fbi-informant-biden-hunter-ukraine

Hunter Biden informant charged with lying had high-level Russian contacts: Documents
https://abcnews.go.com/US/hunter-biden-informant-charged-lying-high-level-russian/story?id=107389985

Seabass

Print view this post

#2656  Postby Calilasseia » Feb 23, 2024 5:06 pm

Seabass wrote:Ex-FBI source charged with Biden lies is tied to Russian intelligence, prosecutors say
https://www.npr.org/2024/02/20/1232789953/alexander-smirnov-fbi-informant-biden-hunter-ukraine

Hunter Biden informant charged with lying had high-level Russian contacts: Documents
https://abcnews.go.com/US/hunter-biden-informant-charged-lying-high-level-russian/story?id=107389985

Well there's a surprise that only bacteria living in deep hydrothermal vents weren't expecting ...

I'm tempted to suspect that if one dug deep enough into the slimier reaches of the GOP cesspit, all manner of creepy FSB linkages would be found attached to a whole slew of the current goo-goo clusters and moon pies dwelling in said cesspit.

I wonder what kompromat Putin has on the likes of Mike Johnson or Monoturdium Glutamate? Not to mention rabid rhabdostomata like Candace Owens.
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2657  Postby Alan C » Feb 24, 2024 7:14 am

Indeed.
I have suspected Fucker KKKarlson would be laughably easy to compromise, he of nads-irradiating fame. Moscow Mike Johnson I'm sure has a number interesting skeletons in his closet.
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#2658  Postby Calilasseia » Feb 25, 2024 4:16 pm

Alan C wrote:Indeed.
I have suspected Fucker KKKarlson would be laughably easy to compromise, he of nads-irradiating fame. Moscow Mike Johnson I'm sure has a number interesting skeletons in his closet.

Johnson strikes me as the sort who might in future come under the scrutiny of law enforcement, because of a penchant for 10 year old boys' bottoms. Either live or dead. He has that smell following him around.

Whereas George Alan Rekers' undoing merely involved a veritable goldmine of schadenfreude comedy, Mr Christian Nationalist may turn out to have a far darker descent into ignominy.
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2659  Postby chango369 » Feb 26, 2024 11:15 am

This was one of the more illuminating videos I've seen about Russian subversion techniques, presented by at a time when the USSR and KGB were still things (1983). It's a lecture by Yuri Bezmenov (AKA Tomas Schuman), an KGB defector. It's an eye opener.

“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#2660  Postby Animavore » Feb 28, 2024 6:15 pm

Mitch McConnell is stepping down as GOP Senate leader.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs