The Feelgood Thread!

full of good shit from around the planet

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The Feelgood Thread!

#161  Postby Aca » Jun 20, 2013 8:12 pm

Fight fire with fire. Modified HIV kills cancer.

article

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2012/12/1 ... a-patient/
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#162  Postby Doubtdispelled » Jun 22, 2013 11:41 am

God's hand might have shaken just a bit when he was finishing off the supposed masterwork of his creative empire.. - Stephen King
Doubtdispelled

Print view this post

#163  Postby Agrippina » Jun 22, 2013 11:45 am

Cute.
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#164  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jun 22, 2013 11:50 am

Wounded vet told he wouldn't be able to walk unaided again, ends up walking and running unaided with a lot of grit and hard work.

Also...Diamond Dallas Page was involved in helping him, DDP got into the wrestling business far later than anyone thought was possible and had to over come people telling him he would never be able to work in the ring due to his age. That isn't the important part of the story but it does help explain why DDP is involved with helping people who are told they can't do something. Must admit that video might have lead to me having some liquid trying to escape my eyes.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#165  Postby Doubtdispelled » Jun 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Thanks Darth, that was great.
DarthHelmet86 wrote:Must admit that video might have lead to me having some liquid trying to escape my eyes.

Me too. Reminds me of when I opened my front door to find my son's friend, who had his left ankle crushed, his right tibia, fibula and femur broken in a car crash 5 months earlier, standing there proudly with no crutches in sight. :waah:
God's hand might have shaken just a bit when he was finishing off the supposed masterwork of his creative empire.. - Stephen King
Doubtdispelled

Print view this post

#166  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jun 22, 2013 12:21 pm

Well for a bit of humour after that tale I give you Mick Foley telling a story about DDP and the pranks Mick and Stunning Steve Austin (Stone Cold Austin at a later date) played on him.

I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#167  Postby Fallible » Jun 23, 2013 7:44 pm

We order our shopping online using my details and get it delivered to our house. While I was at work on Tuesday Uncertain_Sloth received our delivery for the week. As the driver was handing over the paperwork he said "I hope you don't mind me asking, but 'Mrs *****'... that's quite an unusual name. Your wife - she's not a psychotherapist or something is she?" U_S, slightly puzzled, replied "yes, she's a counsellor". The delivery driver then said "I saw her about 3 years ago [in Liverpool as a client] now! Can you please let her know that I'm loving my life, I'm loving my job and I'm doing brilliantly and tell her thank you?" Well I'm not ashamed to say I had a little cry. Many, many people now I've had the privilege of listening to and witnessing go through some of the toughest times they are ever likely to experience. After a few weeks they go out of my life and I'm unlikely to ever see them again, or to know how things turned out for them, if they're even still alive. Yet just this once I had the chance to find out how strong the human will to push forward can be. This is the sort of chance event that makes it all worthwhile.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#168  Postby Aern Rakesh » Jun 23, 2013 7:45 pm

What a great story, Fall!
Aern Rakesh
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#169  Postby Fallible » Jun 23, 2013 7:48 pm

What are the chances!
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#170  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 24, 2013 6:20 pm

Made me happy:
Attachments
tumblr_lzxzt4oikM1qcqoybo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lzxzt4oikM1qcqoybo1_500.jpg (61.96 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
tumblr_m5x7bmSvtY1rtal7zo1_500.jpg
tumblr_m5x7bmSvtY1rtal7zo1_500.jpg (57.55 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
576238_519362561435777_686684187_n.png
576238_519362561435777_686684187_n.png (398.39 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#171  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Also this one:
Attachments
tumblr_lx78ybvb1w1qjhuh0o1_500.jpg
tumblr_lx78ybvb1w1qjhuh0o1_500.jpg (42.64 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
UoPhfZm.jpg
UoPhfZm.jpg (163.58 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#172  Postby natselrox » Jun 24, 2013 7:25 pm

Fallible wrote:We order our shopping online using my details and get it delivered to our house. While I was at work on Tuesday Uncertain_Sloth received our delivery for the week. As the driver was handing over the paperwork he said "I hope you don't mind me asking, but 'Mrs *****'... that's quite an unusual name. Your wife - she's not a psychotherapist or something is she?" U_S, slightly puzzled, replied "yes, she's a counsellor". The delivery driver then said "I saw her about 3 years ago [in Liverpool as a client] now! Can you please let her know that I'm loving my life, I'm loving my job and I'm doing brilliantly and tell her thank you?" Well I'm not ashamed to say I had a little cry. Many, many people now I've had the privilege of listening to and witnessing go through some of the toughest times they are ever likely to experience. After a few weeks they go out of my life and I'm unlikely to ever see them again, or to know how things turned out for them, if they're even still alive. Yet just this once I had the chance to find out how strong the human will to push forward can be. This is the sort of chance event that makes it all worthwhile.

What a wonderful story! Keep up the good work, Fall! :hugs:
When in perplexity, read on.

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#173  Postby Doubtdispelled » Jun 24, 2013 11:00 pm

natselrox wrote:
Fallible wrote:We order our shopping online using my details and get it delivered to our house. While I was at work on Tuesday Uncertain_Sloth received our delivery for the week. As the driver was handing over the paperwork he said "I hope you don't mind me asking, but 'Mrs *****'... that's quite an unusual name. Your wife - she's not a psychotherapist or something is she?" U_S, slightly puzzled, replied "yes, she's a counsellor". The delivery driver then said "I saw her about 3 years ago [in Liverpool as a client] now! Can you please let her know that I'm loving my life, I'm loving my job and I'm doing brilliantly and tell her thank you?" Well I'm not ashamed to say I had a little cry. Many, many people now I've had the privilege of listening to and witnessing go through some of the toughest times they are ever likely to experience. After a few weeks they go out of my life and I'm unlikely to ever see them again, or to know how things turned out for them, if they're even still alive. Yet just this once I had the chance to find out how strong the human will to push forward can be. This is the sort of chance event that makes it all worthwhile.

Indeed! And I'm not surprised you shed a few, Fall. It must have been wonderful to learn that you'd made such a difference to someone, and that he remembered you.
Doubtdispelled

Print view this post

#174  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 25, 2013 6:07 am

Doubtdispelled wrote:
natselrox wrote:

Indeed! And I'm not surprised you shed a few, Fall. It must have been wonderful to learn that you'd made such a difference to someone, and that he remembered you.

:smile:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#175  Postby Fallible » Jun 25, 2013 12:11 pm

I'm just made up that he's got a good life. Nice photos by the way, Thomas.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#176  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Fallible wrote:I'm just made up that he's got a good life. Nice photos by the way, Thomas.

Just remembered this one:
Attachments
xlarge.jpg
That's a father wearing a dress to support his son who likes to wear dresses.
xlarge.jpg (110.74 KiB) Viewed 1536 times
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#177  Postby Animavore » Jun 25, 2013 4:00 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#178  Postby Fallible » Jun 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Snork
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#179  Postby Fallible » Jun 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Fallible wrote:I'm just made up that he's got a good life. Nice photos by the way, Thomas.

Just remembered this one:

Dawww...
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#180  Postby Aca » Jun 27, 2013 2:34 pm

:thumbup: