UKIP watch

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: UKIP watch

#921  Postby Ironclad » May 09, 2015 6:17 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:Someone wishing to kill someone else simply because they have a different skin colour to them
is not surprising to me in the least.

It is pure xenophobia, Surr. I doubt it matters what they look like, they are different and not Bringlish*. "He's only been here since the '70s" ...well, that's Empire-building for you. One can't create the biggest empire the world has even seen, and not expect its people to be curious (excited?) and wish to visit or enjoy the benefits of colonialism.

* copyright Ironclad..
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#922  Postby mrjonno » May 09, 2015 6:34 pm

Racists shit's aren't exactly rare but most are intelligent enough to keep quiet about it in front of a camera
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#923  Postby surreptitious57 » May 09, 2015 7:34 pm

There appears to be some sense of entitlement based upon ancestry but this is entirely false because anyone born
in a country is by virtue of that fact alone a citizen of it regardless of anything else. So it makes zero difference if
they are the first generation to have lived there or if their ancestors have lived there since records began. Though
if one is going to use that argument with regard to this country then anyone who has Norman or Roman or Saxon or
Viking blood in them should be allowed to settle here just like their ancestors once did. In other words the French
and Italians and Germans and Danish. Somehow I do not see UKIP really being in favour of that now. The argument
from ancestry is completely ridiculous. All it is is thinly disguised racism
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#924  Postby mrjonno » May 09, 2015 8:15 pm

UKIP won Thanet council, now that's going to be an interesting place to live
I reckon at least 3 of their councillors will be in jail by the end of the year
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#925  Postby Ironclad » May 09, 2015 8:17 pm

On that last point, Surr, I'm not so sure these days. I think one can be xenophobic, and economy protective, without (meaning to be) outright racist. Though I'm sure I can be swayed
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#926  Postby surreptitious57 » May 09, 2015 9:43 pm

Well unlimited immigration is unsustainable for any country never mind one as small as ours
But one can usually distinguish between a pragmatist and a xenophobe by the language they
use. So while they can carefully choose their words they cannot disguise their true intention
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#927  Postby smudge » May 10, 2015 7:20 am

surreptitious57 wrote:

If you want to see the end of them then vote no in the referendum in 2017 because once we are out
of Europe they will have no reason to exist. And if you do not vote no you then you cannot complain
about them from that point on. I will either abstain or vote yes since they do not actually bother me

So those of us that fear the rise of a nasty extreme right party in the UK should give them what they want and vote to leave the EU in the hope that they then say "job done, we will now disband". If we don't do this then we will have lost the right to oppose or criticise any racist, homophobic, xenophobic, dangerous, nasty right wing bollox, that they may spout.
Have I misunderstood you? Or is that really what you are saying? It's just that if that is what you are saying it is the most ridiculous bollox that I've read for some time.
smudge

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#928  Postby electricwhiteboy » May 10, 2015 1:51 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:Someone wishing to kill someone else simply because they have a different skin colour to them
is not surprising to me in the least. And neither is anything else that anyone in UKIP says either

If you want to see the end of them then vote no in the referendum in 2017 because once we are out
of Europe they will have no reason to exist. And if you do not vote no you then you cannot complain
about them from that point on. I will either abstain or vote yes since they do not actually bother me

Have you been hitting the pipe? That's like hitting yourself in the balls in a fight in the hope that will dissuade the other bloke from doing so.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#929  Postby surreptitious57 » May 11, 2015 3:30 am

I fail to see how voting yes in the referendum is going to diminish the influence of UKIP. Though it is not actually a question of giving in to them any way but more a question of the UK government and parliament having sovereignty over its borders However as we are actually a signatory to membership of the EU complaining about it makes zero sense. And furthermore
our European partners have made it crystal clear to us that the free movement of people within the EU is non negotiable
The European Union is by no means perfect but on balance I think it better to remain in it than outside it. Unfortunately
many in this country see it as a black and white issue. And no amount of education is going to persuade them otherwise
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#930  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 11, 2015 6:09 am

UKIP is dead as far as political influence. It was a one man band and Farage has buggered off with the instruments down the sewer he came from.

Cameron says he has started negotiations with other EU leaders. :rofl: The arrogance of the twat just drips off him.
They wont give the time of day about renegotiation free movement which is something that has taken years to agree upon and is now in the foundation of the EU. Merkel will treat him like a naughty boy. At home he now has McMerkel watching like a hawk.

I think Cameron would have wished that he had lost. He is now between a rock and a hard place.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#931  Postby electricwhiteboy » May 11, 2015 3:44 pm

Nigel's back. That's about as welcome as the return of a fungal skin infection.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#932  Postby ronmcd » May 11, 2015 4:21 pm

electricwhiteboy wrote:Nigel's back. That's about as welcome as the return of a fungal skin infection.

BBC said the national executive had rejected his resignation. But surely Farage IS the national executive? :smile:
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#934  Postby ED209 » May 11, 2015 4:25 pm

And here I thought the woman with missing teeth who was on TV saying how she has a real problem with 'the blacks' would get the job :rolleyes:
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#935  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 11, 2015 4:26 pm

ronmcd wrote:
electricwhiteboy wrote:Nigel's back. That's about as welcome as the return of a fungal skin infection.

BBC said the national executive had rejected his resignation. But surely Farage IS the national executive? :smile:

Well he plays all the instruments in the band.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#936  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 11, 2015 4:27 pm

ED209 wrote:And here I thought the woman with missing teeth who was on TV saying how she has a real problem with 'the blacks' would get the job :rolleyes:

She cant play the trumpet though. :whistle:

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Nigel Farage unresigns

#937  Postby jez9999 » May 11, 2015 5:24 pm

Well. I suppose that is the end of Nigel.

Woohoo! :lol:
=== Jez ===
jez9999

Print view this post

Re: Nigel Farage unresigns

#938  Postby mrjonno » May 11, 2015 5:55 pm

I'm sure the chav's who voted for him last time and actually thought he was going to win will bother getting out of bed/leaving the pub next time .

I suspect that will be mostly 4 million people who never vote again (a very good thing)
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#939  Postby ED209 » May 11, 2015 6:20 pm

"ukip if you want to... the bellend's not for kipping" :coffee:
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#940  Postby Pebble » May 11, 2015 9:26 pm

Well that ensures UKIP remains irrelevant. No one with appeal beyond the xenophobic anti-European 15% of the population in charge.
Pebble

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs