Confirmations of a Creator of the Universe

Atheism, secularism & freethought etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Confirmations of a Creator of the Universe

#181  Postby Macdoc » Dec 21, 2018 5:35 pm

you don't even understand the role of logic. Maybe time better spent learning what the scientists know instead of pursuing puerile fantasies. :coffee:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#182  Postby Destroyer » Dec 21, 2018 5:48 pm

Macdoc wrote:you don't even understand the role of logic. Maybe time better spent learning what the scientists know instead of pursuing puerile fantasies. :coffee:

Maybe you might actually want to put to the test what I do know?
Destroyer

Name: Patrick Mills
Male

Print view this post

#183  Postby newolder » Dec 21, 2018 5:57 pm

Destroyer wrote:
Macdoc wrote:you don't even understand the role of logic. Maybe time better spent learning what the scientists know instead of pursuing puerile fantasies. :coffee:

Since you obviously know about GR & QM you obviously know of Juan Maldecena's AdS/CFT correspondence. Since this is a correspondence between a specific spacetime encountered in General Relativity theory and a conformal field theory of quantum mechanics then, "When scientists can unify QM with GR then, and only then, will absurdity/paradox have been shown to be wrong." is moot.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#184  Postby Destroyer » Dec 21, 2018 6:02 pm

newolder wrote:
Destroyer wrote:

Since you obviously know about GR & QM you obviously know of Juan Maldecena's AdS/CFT correspondence. Since this is a correspondence between a specific spacetime encountered in General Relativity theory and a conformal field theory of quantum mechanics then, "When scientists can unify QM with GR then, and only then, will absurdity/paradox have been shown to be wrong." is moot.

Is it now? Well I say that God / Reality : that is to say fundamental Energy, will become established as factually distinct from mass; despite appearances of correspondence.
Last edited by Destroyer on Dec 21, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#185  Postby SafeAsMilk » Dec 21, 2018 6:02 pm

Destroyer wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Destroyer wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Sure thing, random guy on the internet.

That's me. I am also sure that it is very evident that I am not an academically well educated man. Oh, the absurdity of it all.

Well I'm glad you feel you know better than people who've spent their whole lives working in these fields. There is a term for that, you know.

I know next to nothing about the workings of the phenomenal universe - I defer to scientists for that. I do however know what I am talking about where God/Reality is concerned. That is why I can logically reconcile God with this universe, and curse the supernatural.

Sure you do, random guy on the internet!
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#186  Postby newolder » Dec 21, 2018 6:06 pm

Destroyer wrote:...
Is it now?

Yes, it is.
Well I say that God / Reality : that is to say fundamental Energy, will become established as factually distinct from mass; despite appearances of correspondence.
Who gives a shit? :dunno:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#187  Postby Destroyer » Dec 21, 2018 6:10 pm

newolder wrote:
Is it now?

Yes, it is.
Well I say that God / Reality : that is to say fundamental Energy, will become established as factually distinct from mass; despite appearances of correspondence.
Who gives a shit? :dunno:

All scientists seeking for the correct answers, should.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#188  Postby newolder » Dec 21, 2018 6:13 pm

I know next to nothing about the workings of the phenomenal universe - I defer to scientists for that. ...

Does not compute.
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#189  Postby Destroyer » Dec 21, 2018 6:16 pm

newolder wrote:

I know next to nothing about the workings of the phenomenal universe - I defer to scientists for that. ...

Does not compute.

How many more times must I state : ABSURDITY has factual support.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#190  Postby newolder » Dec 21, 2018 6:17 pm

How many more times must I state : ASURDITY has factual support.

Until the cows come home? What would be the outcome of you stating that more times than hitherto? :scratch:
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#191  Postby Destroyer » Dec 21, 2018 6:19 pm

newolder wrote:

Until the cows come home? What would be the outcome of you stating that more times than hitherto? :scratch:

You can always check for yourself to find out whether or not absurdity logically computes with the facts.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#192  Postby Fallible » Dec 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Destroyer wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Destroyer wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Sure thing, random guy on the internet.

That's me. I am also sure that it is very evident that I am not an academically well educated man. Oh, the absurdity of it all.

Well I'm glad you feel you know better than people who've spent their whole lives working in these fields. There is a term for that, you know.

I know next to nothing about the workings of the phenomenal universe - I defer to scientists for that. I do however know what I am talking about where God/Reality is concerned.

You don't.

That is why I can logically reconcile God with this universe, and curse the supernatural.

You can't.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#193  Postby newolder » Dec 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Destroyer wrote:
newolder wrote:

You can always check for yourself to find out whether or not absurdity logically computes with the facts.

Computer says, "Have you tried turning it off and then back on again?"
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#194  Postby Destroyer » Dec 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Fallible wrote:
Destroyer wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Destroyer wrote:

I know next to nothing about the workings of the phenomenal universe - I defer to scientists for that. I do however know what I am talking about where God/Reality is concerned.

You don't.

That is why I can logically reconcile God with this universe, and curse the supernatural.

You can't.

The facts will tell a different story.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#195  Postby Destroyer » Dec 21, 2018 6:24 pm

newolder wrote:
Destroyer wrote:
newolder wrote:

Computer says, "Have you tried turning it off and then back on again?"

Many times.
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

#196  Postby Fallible » Dec 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Destroyer wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Destroyer wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:

You don't.

You can't.

The facts will tell a different story.

They won't.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#197  Postby SafeAsMilk » Dec 21, 2018 6:28 pm

Heck, they already don't.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#198  Postby GrahamH » Dec 21, 2018 6:51 pm

Destroyer wrote:That is why I can logically reconcile God with this universe, and curse the supernatural.

O course you can, if "god" a wildcard that can do anything you want. Just define it that way.
Why do you think that?
GrahamH

Print view this post

#199  Postby newolder » Dec 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Destroyer wrote:
newolder wrote:
Destroyer wrote:

Is it now? Well I say that God / Reality : that is to say fundamental Energy, will become established as factually distinct from mass; despite appearances of correspondence.

Even without GR (and I'm sure we've been through this before), a blend of QM & SR shows:
E = mc2 (SR)
E = hv (QM)
mc2 = hv (SR = QM)
In units where h = c = 1 (Logic)
m = v

That is, the fundamental Energy is both mass and frequency by equivalence.
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#200  Postby Destroyer » Dec 21, 2018 7:29 pm

newolder wrote:
Destroyer wrote:
newolder wrote:
Destroyer wrote:

Even without GR (and I'm sure we've been through this before), a blend of QM & SR shows:
E = mc2 (SR)
E = hv (QM)
mc2 = hv (SR = QM)
In units where h = c = 1 (Logic)
m = v

That is, the fundamental Energy is both mass and frequency by equivalence.

Yes, newolder; that is how it APPEARS!!!
Destroyer

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Nontheism