Islamic position on Atheism

Atheism, secularism & freethought etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Islamic position on Atheism

#41  Postby Onyx8 » Mar 16, 2011 11:00 pm

So misterB, your own opinions have received such a shellacking that you are now taking refuge behind some anonymous persons?

I'll go on recored as saying that this person does not understand atheism and attributes to it all manner of things that belong elsewhere.

What is your opinion misterB?
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#42  Postby Ihavenofingerprints » Mar 16, 2011 11:59 pm

What makes people think life is an accident?

For all we know life could be inevitable with the right conditions.
Ihavenofingerprints

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#43  Postby jim » Mar 17, 2011 12:33 am

Ihavenofingerprints wrote:What makes people think life is an accident?

For all we know life could be inevitable with the right conditions.

I have faith that this is the case.
Hasnt life evolved twice on earth? Pretty sure there was speculation on that at least, something to do with arsenic.
Father Dougal:
Come on, Ted. Sure it's no more peculiar than all that stuff we learned in the seminary, you know, Heaven and Hell and everlasting life and all that type of thing. You're not meant to take it seriously, Ted!
jim

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#44  Postby pennypitstop » Mar 17, 2011 10:05 am

Onyx8 wrote:So misterB, your own opinions have received such a shellacking that you are now taking refuge behind some anonymous persons?

I'll go on recored as saying that this person does not understand atheism and attributes to it all manner of things that belong elsewhere.

:this:

Making for a very boring conversation. Come on MisterB, you're starting to slow down from such an interesting start about truth about teh flud.
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." Albert Einstein
pennypitstop

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#45  Postby DanDare » Mar 17, 2011 10:11 am

Mister B is playing provoker between two sites, and is not answering questions about his own opinions.
Atheist. Ozzie.
Strange Flight
DanDare
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#46  Postby misterB » Mar 18, 2011 2:31 am

Onyx8 wrote:So misterB, your own opinions have received such a shellacking that you are now taking refuge behind some anonymous persons?

I never said that I adhered to Islam, are you making this up?
misterB
Banned Sockpuppet

United States (us)
Print view this post

#47  Postby Latimeria » Mar 18, 2011 2:44 am

misterB wrote:

:scratch: This is probably a perfectly adequate reply that just went way over my head...
" [This space is for rent to "which ever version of POOF creates the largest cloud of obnoxious smoke following the POOF."[1] "- God
Works Cited:
[1] - theropod. Parsimony of the Miraculous. RatSkep Peanut Gallery Press, 2011.
Latimeria
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#48  Postby Onyx8 » Mar 18, 2011 3:29 am

Latimeria wrote:
misterB wrote:

:scratch: This is probably a perfectly adequate reply that just went way over my head...

Seems we just entered the looking glass.

No misterB you have made it very clear that you do not adhere to Islam, why you would think that I claimed such is beyond me.

What I asked you for was your opinion regarding the thoughts you copied and pasted here originally.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#49  Postby byofrcs » Mar 18, 2011 8:44 am

Islam: I can't wait for the day that the oil runs out.
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#50  Postby monkeyboy » Mar 18, 2011 9:10 am

misterB wrote:

Erm, Numberwang?
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#51  Postby Scar » Mar 18, 2011 9:40 am

monkeyboy wrote:
misterB wrote:

Erm, Numberwang?

Rotate the board!
Scar

Name: Michael
Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#52  Postby pennypitstop » Mar 18, 2011 1:19 pm

Random!

(love Numberwang!)
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." Albert Einstein
pennypitstop

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#53  Postby Ingenuity Gap » Mar 18, 2011 5:14 pm

byofrcs wrote:Islam: I can't wait for the day that the oil runs out.

No need to wait. It is happening right now. Get a comfortable chair and plenty of popcorn. It's gonna be an interesting show.
Ingenuity Gap

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#54  Postby DanDare » Mar 19, 2011 1:26 am

Mr B seems to be a student of Harry Seldon's psychohistory. He predicted the way this forum would go years ago and prepared a reply script. Unfortunately a rogue factor seems to have changed the direction of the conversation and the replies are no longer appropriate. I blame the second foundation.
Atheist. Ozzie.
Strange Flight
DanDare
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#55  Postby Onyx8 » Mar 19, 2011 4:06 am

DanDare wrote:Mr B seems to be a student of Harry Seldon's psychohistory. He predicted the way this forum would go years ago and prepared a reply script. Unfortunately a rogue factor seems to have changed the direction of the conversation and the replies are no longer appropriate. I blame the second foundation.

Not the Mule?

Brilliant.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#56  Postby surreptitious57 » Mar 19, 2011 6:28 am

misterB wrote:I found this topic on another site, what do you guys think about this?

To those who ascribe themselves to Atheists:
Maybe the cause for your sadness is because you've been taught by others that:-

I AM NOT SAD - BUT IF I WAS THAT WOULD INDICATE A PSYCHOLOGICAL CAUSE - NOT A RELIGIOUS ONE

- Your origins are by Chance,

IT IS DOWN TO CHANCE THAT THE EARTH IS AN OPTIMUM DISTANCE FROM THE SUN FOR LIFE TO EVOLVE

- that you have Entered this world through an Accident,

SEE ABOVE

- that you are in a state of Loss because no-one can be trusted, and that every person cares for nobody but his own self.

NOT IN A STATE OF LOSS AND STEROTYPING THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE AS SELFISH IS WRONG ON AN EPIC SCALE

This is all that you have been taught, a belief system which isn't necessarily true. A belief system which isn't proven by History, nor by Science. Rather - it is an interpretation by some people who saw life from a Primitive perspective alone.

THE BIG BANG IS A SCIENTIFIC FACT - EVOLUTION IS A SCIENTIFIC FACT

Appreciate...

Imagine, that you could appreciate life for who you are? So you don't look at yourself as an animal only, rather - you look at yourself as a human who has much more potential.

I DO LOOK AT MYSELF AS A HUMAN

You are the human who has;

- been Honored with; an Intellect, the ability to Communicate, the ability to Crawl, Walk, Run, Swim, and even create machines by which you Fly long distances.
- you have a Purpose:
- a Purpose by which you can use your skills to Help others, and reap its Reward.

MY PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO LEARN AND TO EXPERIENCE AND I AM ALL IN FAVOUR OF HELPING OTHERS

This is what Guidance is; giving you a step by step Example by which you higher your self to the next level.

I AM ALL FOR SELF - IMPROVEMENT

How can it be that everything you have in life is designed for a positive purpose, yet you - who has all these crafted tools at your disposal; How can it be that you have nothing to advise you on how you should guide yourself?

I HAVE A MORAL CODE WHICH REFERENCES HOW I SHOULD GUIDE MYSELF

How can it be that the Tools you use need instruction manuals, yet you do not?

SEE ABOVE

Isn't it about time you bettered yourself?

You weren't that Cell who came into existence through a method which nobody knows.

EVOLUTION IS A SCIENTIFIC FACT - IT REFERENCES HOW ALL LIFE CAME INTO EXISTENCE

You weren't that hairless Ape who never knew who his 'common ancestor' father was.

HUMANS AND APES SHARE A COMMON ANCESTOR - SCIENTIFIC FACT

What if these are just fairytales ? They're not proven facts afterall.

THEY ARE NOT FAIRY TALES - THEY ARE PROVEN SCIENTIFIC FACTS

So maybe you are that honored human, who has a purpose - serving the Originator, your Creator; who designed you in the best form, who made you unique - beneficial to society in your own special way.

PLEASE PROVIDE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF THE ORIGINATOR / MY CREATOR

Maybe your Creator did want you to enjoy His blessings? Maybe He wanted you to enjoy them by spending them on your self, your family, friends, and those who needed them? Isn't that a sign that you're a grateful servant?

SEE ABOVE

The one who beautified the Earth and its Sky, and caused the Sky to rain and impregnate her by which she would give birth to Provisions of different Colours, and Sizes - enriching generations upon generations for thousands and millions of years...

SEE ABOVE

Producing a wide selection of Flavoured; Foods, Drinks, Materials; Clothing, Styles, Beauties, Cultures, Languages, and amazingly - the potential for Unity, in between all the differences.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AN IMAGINARY DEITY

The One who causes this, causes it to occur over and over, and over again... So one generation dies, while another is brought to life..

..Until the last one, dies.

EVIDENCE FOR THE ONE ?

Why was there so much Evil on the Earth? Where was the Justice?

EVIL HAS A PSYCHOLOGICAL CAUSE - NOT A RELIGIOUS ONE

But, it wasn't the Earth's fault, nor was it the Sky's. They would run in harmony - completing their role in perfect timing & precision, for millenium upon millenium. Nature would run perfectly fine, without excessive human interruption.

THE EARTH DOES NOT ORBIT THE SUN PERFECTLY - IT DEVIATES BY TWO PER CENT

Wasn't it that human's fault, who spread Corruption, and caused Problems between the people, Insulting some, while Not Spending on others who needed?

YES

So the Originator will once again, Originate the Earth. Send down a rain - which will cause each and every human to grow out of the Earth like a plant (that same human who He created from a sperm drop.)

EVIDENCE FOR THE ORIGINATOR ?

Gathered on one flat and vast location, every human will run on this Day, running away from who? The one he wronged. Each person will know that he will be Questioned on this Day for what he did in the temporary worldly life. No-one will be safe.. on this Day, Except the one who came with a Serene heart.

I DO NOT KNOW I WILL BE QUESTIONED

And who is the one with a Serene heart?

ONE WHO BELIEVES IN A GOD FOR WHOM THERE IS NO PROOF OF EXISTENCE ?

It is the one who knew that he will face this Day. So he believed in His Provider, and served Him by doing good - giving rights to his Creator, and giving rights to the creation.

He knew that he would made mistakes in the worldly life, but he knew that his Creator and Provider was extremely Merciful and supportive to His sincere servants. Having good hopes in His Provider, the Sincere servant - knowing he was a candle in a world filled with darkness, humbly and patiently continued to strive to uphold justice - until there came to him the Certainty (Death.)

So on this Day - his Rich Provider is Appreciative of his good, and rewarded him with a life of endless Provisions in beautiful Gardens beneath which rivers flow.

Gardens containing Mansions; a Beautiful Partner, a Beautiful Drink and a life of joy. If the Provider was able to give the evildoers temporary mansions in the worldly life, who can prevent Him from giving the good doers more, in an eternal world which doesn't end? Uniting him with others similar to him, the great Messengers; Noah, Jesus, Abraham, Moses, Muhammad and the righteous of all generations. And the greatest of all - the gift of meeting his Creator, and Provider, the All Rich, the Appreciative.

EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF THE CREATOR AND PROVIDER ?

Those who denied the meeting with their Creator, and caused corruption in the Earth, even after the truth had come to them - they would be punished in a Fire, especifically created for the arrogant, ungrateful.

Ungrateful - being even more lowly than animals.

The Animals; Eat, Drink, have Children, survive in a world full of Challenges, and then gradually Die away. Do humans?

YES

You - the human, have been given an Intellect, an Uprightness, an Ability - throughwhich you are Responsibe for upholding the Legislated Justice.

You are responsible to submit in Islam (Islam means Submission) to the guidance of the All Knowing, the All Wise.

HOW CAN I SUBMIT TO SOMETHING I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ?

Why? Because the Animal submits to the role the Creator has given to it - to the most of its ability, so you see the great Horse humbling itself before you - so you can ride it. You see the different Foods, humbling themselves - allowing you to benefit from the strength and energy they contain. You see Earth humble before you, as you extract her treasures of gold and silver.

And We have certainly honored the children of Adam and carried them on the Land and Sea and provided for them of the good things and preferred them over much of what We have created, with [definite] preference. [Quran 17:70]

ADAM APPARENTLY LIVED FOR 930 YEARS - DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT ?

Isn't the time near - that you left the Animal world, and rise up to the high Human standard which has been set for you?

BY THE ONE FOR WHOM THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF HIS EXISTENCE ?

So be the best of people - walking down a clear lighted path - certain and confident in your Journey and decisions in life.

Do not walk in darkness upon darkness, sniffing with Senses alone when deciding which way is wrong, or which way is right.

SELF - ANALYSIS TAKES TIME

You have an Intellect, you are honored, you are Unique. You are that honored sperm drop which can spread Justice throughout the whole Earth - if only, you follow the Guidance given to you. That is because you are supporting the cause of your Provider, but those who oppose you have no-one but themselves.

EVIDENCE FOR THE PROVIDER ?

Then wait - for the Promise of your Originator, you will come to know, and they too - will come to know, who was Truthful, and who was the liar, and then regret will be of no benefit...

YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE BIG BANG AND EVOLUTION IS NON - EXISTENT - PLEASE READ UP ON THESE SUBJECTS -THANK YOU

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparative ... eists.html
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#57  Postby surreptitious57 » Mar 19, 2011 6:30 am

misterB wrote:I found this topic on another site, what do you guys think about this?

To those who ascribe themselves to Atheists:
Maybe the cause for your sadness is because you've been taught by others that:-

I AM NOT SAD - BUT IF I WAS THAT WOULD INDICATE A PSYCHOLOGICAL CAUSE - NOT A RELIGIOUS ONE

- Your origins are by Chance,

IT IS DOWN TO CHANCE THAT THE EARTH IS AN OPTIMUM DISTANCE FROM THE SUN FOR LIFE TO EVOLVE

- that you have Entered this world through an Accident,

SEE ABOVE

- that you are in a state of Loss because no-one can be trusted, and that every person cares for nobody but his own self.

NOT IN A STATE OF LOSS AND STEROTYPING THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE AS SELFISH IS WRONG ON AN EPIC SCALE

This is all that you have been taught, a belief system which isn't necessarily true. A belief system which isn't proven by History, nor by Science. Rather - it is an interpretation by some people who saw life from a Primitive perspective alone.

THE BIG BANG IS A SCIENTIFIC FACT - EVOLUTION IS A SCIENTIFIC FACT

Appreciate...

Imagine, that you could appreciate life for who you are? So you don't look at yourself as an animal only, rather - you look at yourself as a human who has much more potential.

I DO LOOK AT MYSELF AS A HUMAN

You are the human who has;

- been Honored with; an Intellect, the ability to Communicate, the ability to Crawl, Walk, Run, Swim, and even create machines by which you Fly long distances.
- you have a Purpose:
- a Purpose by which you can use your skills to Help others, and reap its Reward.

MY PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO LEARN AND TO EXPERIENCE AND I AM ALL IN FAVOUR OF HELPING OTHERS

This is what Guidance is; giving you a step by step Example by which you higher your self to the next level.

How can it be that everything you have in life is designed for a positive purpose, yet you - who has all these crafted tools at your disposal; How can it be that you have nothing to advise you on how you should guide yourself?

I HAVE A MORAL CODE WHICH REFERENCES HOW I SHOULD GUIDE MYSELF

How can it be that the Tools you use need instruction manuals, yet you do not?

SEE ABOVE

Isn't it about time you bettered yourself?

You weren't that Cell who came into existence through a method which nobody knows.

EVOLUTION IS A SCIENTIFIC FACT - IT REFERENCES HOW ALL LIFE CAME INTO EXISTENCE

You weren't that hairless Ape who never knew who his 'common ancestor' father was.

HUMANS AND APES SHARE A COMMON ANCESTOR - SCIENTIFIC FACT

What if these are just fairytales ? They're not proven facts afterall.

THEY ARE NOT FAIRY TALES - THEY ARE PROVEN SCIENTIFIC FACTS

So maybe you are that honored human, who has a purpose - serving the Originator, your Creator; who designed you in the best form, who made you unique - beneficial to society in your own special way.

PLEASE PROVIDE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF THE ORIGINATOR / MY CREATOR

Maybe your Creator did want you to enjoy His blessings? Maybe He wanted you to enjoy them by spending them on your self, your family, friends, and those who needed them? Isn't that a sign that you're a grateful servant?

SEE ABOVE

The one who beautified the Earth and its Sky, and caused the Sky to rain and impregnate her by which she would give birth to Provisions of different Colours, and Sizes - enriching generations upon generations for thousands and millions of years...

SEE ABOVE

Producing a wide selection of Flavoured; Foods, Drinks, Materials; Clothing, Styles, Beauties, Cultures, Languages, and amazingly - the potential for Unity, in between all the differences.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AN IMAGINARY DEITY

The One who causes this, causes it to occur over and over, and over again... So one generation dies, while another is brought to life..

..Until the last one, dies.

EVIDENCE FOR THE ONE ?

Why was there so much Evil on the Earth? Where was the Justice?

EVIL HAS A PSYCHOLOGICAL CAUSE - NOT A RELIGIOUS ONE

But, it wasn't the Earth's fault, nor was it the Sky's. They would run in harmony - completing their role in perfect timing & precision, for millenium upon millenium. Nature would run perfectly fine, without excessive human interruption.

THE EARTH DOES NOT ORBIT THE SUN PERFECTLY - IT DEVIATES BY TWO PER CENT

Wasn't it that human's fault, who spread Corruption, and caused Problems between the people, Insulting some, while Not Spending on others who needed?

YES

So the Originator will once again, Originate the Earth. Send down a rain - which will cause each and every human to grow out of the Earth like a plant (that same human who He created from a sperm drop.)

Gathered on one flat and vast location, every human will run on this Day, running away from who? The one he wronged. Each person will know that he will be Questioned on this Day for what he did in the temporary worldly life. No-one will be safe.. on this Day, Except the one who came with a Serene heart.

I DO NOT KNOW I WILL BE QUESTIONED

And who is the one with a Serene heart?

ONE WHO BELIEVES IN A GOD FOR WHOM THERE IS NO PROOF OF EXISTENCE ?

It is the one who knew that he will face this Day. So he believed in His Provider, and served Him by doing good - giving rights to his Creator, and giving rights to the creation.

He knew that he would made mistakes in the worldly life, but he knew that his Creator and Provider was extremely Merciful and supportive to His sincere servants. Having good hopes in His Provider, the Sincere servant - knowing he was a candle in a world filled with darkness, humbly and patiently continued to strive to uphold justice - until there came to him the Certainty (Death.)

So on this Day - his Rich Provider is Appreciative of his good, and rewarded him with a life of endless Provisions in beautiful Gardens beneath which rivers flow.

Gardens containing Mansions; a Beautiful Partner, a Beautiful Drink and a life of joy. If the Provider was able to give the evildoers temporary mansions in the worldly life, who can prevent Him from giving the good doers more, in an eternal world which doesn't end? Uniting him with others similar to him, the great Messengers; Noah, Jesus, Abraham, Moses, Muhammad and the righteous of all generations. And the greatest of all - the gift of meeting his Creator, and Provider, the All Rich, the Appreciative.

EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF THE CREATOR AND PROVIDER ?

Those who denied the meeting with their Creator, and caused corruption in the Earth, even after the truth had come to them - they would be punished in a Fire, especifically created for the arrogant, ungrateful.

Ungrateful - being even more lowly than animals.

The Animals; Eat, Drink, have Children, survive in a world full of Challenges, and then gradually Die away. Do humans?

YES

You - the human, have been given an Intellect, an Uprightness, an Ability - throughwhich you are Responsibe for upholding the Legislated Justice.

You are responsible to submit in Islam (Islam means Submission) to the guidance of the All Knowing, the All Wise.

HOW CAN I SUBMIT TO SOMETHING I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ?

Why? Because the Animal submits to the role the Creator has given to it - to the most of its ability, so you see the great Horse humbling itself before you - so you can ride it. You see the different Foods, humbling themselves - allowing you to benefit from the strength and energy they contain. You see Earth humble before you, as you extract her treasures of gold and silver.

And We have certainly honored the children of Adam and carried them on the Land and Sea and provided for them of the good things and preferred them over much of what We have created, with [definite] preference. [Quran 17:70]

ADAM APPARENTLY LIVED FOR 930 YEARS - DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT ?

Isn't the time near - that you left the Animal world, and rise up to the high Human standard which has been set for you?

BY THE ONE FOR WHOM THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF HIS EXISTENCE ?

So be the best of people - walking down a clear lighted path - certain and confident in your Journey and decisions in life.

Do not walk in darkness upon darkness, sniffing with Senses alone when deciding which way is wrong, or which way is right.

SELF - ANALYSIS TAKES TIME

You have an Intellect, you are honored, you are Unique. You are that honored sperm drop which can spread Justice throughout the whole Earth - if only, you follow the Guidance given to you. That is because you are supporting the cause of your Provider, but those who oppose you have no-one but themselves.

EVIDENCE FOR THE PROVIDER ?

Then wait - for the Promise of your Originator, you will come to know, and they too - will come to know, who was Truthful, and who was the liar, and then regret will be of no benefit...

YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE BIG BANG AND EVOLUTION IS NON - EXISTENT - PLEASE READ UP ON THESE SUBJECTS - THANK YOU

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparative ... eists.html
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#58  Postby Rumraket » Mar 19, 2011 8:50 am

I'll answer the question posed in the op :
MisterB wrote:I found this topic on another site, what do you guys think about this?

I think it's all crap, all of it.
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#59  Postby chairman bill » Mar 19, 2011 9:06 am

Surely the Islamic position on atheism, certainly where that atheism follows a previously held belief in Islam (therefore 'apostasy'), is that unbelievers should not be tolerated, even to the point of being killed. As a result, Islam is and will always be an evil creed. It denies our humanity, it demands obedience & so denies our individuality & freedom.

Whilst individual Muslims might be good people, like Christianity, Islam is an evil, morally corrupt & morally corrupting ideology.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#60  Postby BlackBart » Mar 19, 2011 9:43 am

misterB wrote:
JayWilson wrote:What is your position on Islam, misterB?

I think Islam is a dangerous exotic and morbid cult that degrades women. :)

If it has somewhat of noble basis I think it is now tainted beyond recognition.

Is there an actual reason for posting this deluded, dumb, belittling nonsense MisterB
It can be intersting to discuss the islamic position , these are not my views, I just reproduced the islamic position ( source provided) for the sake of the discussion.

Wait! Look over there!

:roll:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Nontheism