Islamic position on Atheism

Atheism, secularism & freethought etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Islamic position on Atheism

#1  Postby misterB » Mar 15, 2011 11:02 pm

I found this topic on another site, what do you guys think about this?

To those who ascribe themselves to Atheists:
Maybe the cause for your sadness is because you've been taught by others that:-

- Your origins are by Chance,
- that you have Entered this world through an Accident,
- that you are in a state of Loss because no-one can be trusted, and that every person cares for nobody but his own self.

This is all that you have been taught, a belief system which isn't necessarily true. A belief system which isn't proven by History, nor by Science. Rather - it is an interpretation by some people who saw life from a Primitive perspective alone.

Appreciate...

Imagine, that you could appreciate life for who you are? So you don't look at yourself as an animal only, rather - you look at yourself as a human who has much more potential.

You are the human who has;

- been Honored with; an Intellect, the ability to Communicate, the ability to Crawl, Walk, Run, Swim, and even create machines by which you Fly long distances.
- you have a Purpose:
- a Purpose by which you can use your skills to Help others, and reap its Reward.

This is what Guidance is; giving you a step by step Example by which you higher your self to the next level.

How can it be that everything you have in life is designed for a positive purpose, yet you - who has all these crafted tools at your disposal; How can it be that you have nothing to advise you on how you should guide yourself?

How can it be that the Tools you use need instruction manuals, yet you do not?

Isn't it about time you bettered yourself?

You weren't that Cell who came into existence through a method which nobody knows.

You weren't that hairless Ape who never knew who his 'common ancestor' father was.

What if these are just fairytales ? They're not proven facts afterall.

So maybe you are that honored human, who has a purpose - serving the Originator, your Creator; who designed you in the best form, who made you unique - beneficial to society in your own special way.

Maybe your Creator did want you to enjoy His blessings? Maybe He wanted you to enjoy them by spending them on your self, your family, friends, and those who needed them? Isn't that a sign that you're a grateful servant?

The one who beautified the Earth and its Sky, and caused the Sky to rain and impregnate her by which she would give birth to Provisions of different Colours, and Sizes - enriching generations upon generations for thousands and millions of years...

Producing a wide selection of Flavoured; Foods, Drinks, Materials; Clothing, Styles, Beauties, Cultures, Languages, and amazingly - the potential for Unity, in between all the differences.

The One who causes this, causes it to occur over and over, and over again... So one generation dies, while another is brought to life..

..Until the last one, dies.

Why was there so much Evil on the Earth? Where was the Justice?

But, it wasn't the Earth's fault, nor was it the Sky's. They would run in harmony - completing their role in perfect timing & precision, for millenium upon millenium. Nature would run perfectly fine, without excessive human interruption.

Wasn't it that human's fault, who spread Corruption, and caused Problems between the people, Insulting some, while Not Spending on others who needed?

So the Originator will once again, Originate the Earth. Send down a rain - which will cause each and every human to grow out of the Earth like a plant (that same human who He created from a sperm drop.)

Gathered on one flat and vast location, every human will run on this Day, running away from who? The one he wronged. Each person will know that he will be Questioned on this Day for what he did in the temporary worldly life. No-one will be safe.. on this Day, Except the one who came with a Serene heart.

And who is the one with a Serene heart?

It is the one who knew that he will face this Day. So he believed in His Provider, and served Him by doing good - giving rights to his Creator, and giving rights to the creation.

He knew that he would made mistakes in the worldly life, but he knew that his Creator and Provider was extremely Merciful and supportive to His sincere servants. Having good hopes in His Provider, the Sincere servant - knowing he was a candle in a world filled with darkness, humbly and patiently continued to strive to uphold justice - until there came to him the Certainty (Death.)

So on this Day - his Rich Provider is Appreciative of his good, and rewarded him with a life of endless Provisions in beautiful Gardens beneath which rivers flow.

Gardens containing Mansions; a Beautiful Partner, a Beautiful Drink and a life of joy. If the Provider was able to give the evildoers temporary mansions in the worldly life, who can prevent Him from giving the good doers more, in an eternal world which doesn't end? Uniting him with others similar to him, the great Messengers; Noah, Jesus, Abraham, Moses, Muhammad and the righteous of all generations. And the greatest of all - the gift of meeting his Creator, and Provider, the All Rich, the Appreciative.

Those who denied the meeting with their Creator, and caused corruption in the Earth, even after the truth had come to them - they would be punished in a Fire, especifically created for the arrogant, ungrateful.

Ungrateful - being even more lowly than animals.

The Animals; Eat, Drink, have Children, survive in a world full of Challenges, and then gradually Die away. Do humans?

You - the human, have been given an Intellect, an Uprightness, an Ability - throughwhich you are Responsibe for upholding the Legislated Justice.

You are responsible to submit in Islam (Islam means Submission) to the guidance of the All Knowing, the All Wise.

Why? Because the Animal submits to the role the Creator has given to it - to the most of its ability, so you see the great Horse humbling itself before you - so you can ride it. You see the different Foods, humbling themselves - allowing you to benefit from the strength and energy they contain. You see Earth humble before you, as you extract her treasures of gold and silver.

And We have certainly honored the children of Adam and carried them on the Land and Sea and provided for them of the good things and preferred them over much of what We have created, with [definite] preference. [Quran 17:70]

Isn't the time near - that you left the Animal world, and rise up to the high Human standard which has been set for you?

So be the best of people - walking down a clear lighted path - certain and confident in your Journey and decisions in life.

Do not walk in darkness upon darkness, sniffing with Senses alone when deciding which way is wrong, or which way is right.

You have an Intellect, you are honored, you are Unique. You are that honored sperm drop which can spread Justice throughout the whole Earth - if only, you follow the Guidance given to you. That is because you are supporting the cause of your Provider, but those who oppose you have no-one but themselves.

Then wait - for the Promise of your Originator, you will come to know, and they too - will come to know, who was Truthful, and who was the liar, and then regret will be of no benefit...

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparative ... eists.html
misterB
Banned Sockpuppet

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Islamic position on Atheism

#2  Postby HughMcB » Mar 15, 2011 11:11 pm

misterB wrote:I found this topic on another site, what do you guys think about this?

Maybe the cause for your sadness is ....

I'm not sad.

OP fail.

Better luck next time.
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Pebble » Mar 15, 2011 11:11 pm

What on earth has this to do with stoning people for what they do in private? With dishonouring the body by hiding it? With hating those who believe differently, to the point of sacrificing your own life just to kill them?

Weird!
Pebble

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Davian » Mar 15, 2011 11:23 pm

misterB wrote:...

Would you say that your religion is better? Unlike those other ones that are just fairy tales?
"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this."
- Bertrand Russell
Davian

Name: Davian
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5  Postby misterB » Mar 15, 2011 11:28 pm

Davian wrote:
misterB wrote:...

Would you say that your religion is better? Unlike those other ones that are just fairy tales?

what??
misterB
Banned Sockpuppet

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby LucidFlight » Mar 15, 2011 11:30 pm

What is your position on Islam, misterB?
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Scar » Mar 15, 2011 11:33 pm

Okay, can't quite go off to bed before commenting on this bullshit.

misterB wrote:I found this topic on another site, what do you guys think about this?

The defintion of atheism does not include sadness. I am not sad.
misterB wrote:
- Your origins are by Chance

Wrong. They are by natural processes.
misterB wrote:
- that you have Entered this world through an Accident

Yes, my parents indeed thought my dad was infertile. You may call this an accident, they think they were lucky.
misterB wrote:
- that you are in a state of Loss because no-one can be trusted, and that every person cares for nobody but his own self.

Nonsense.
misterB wrote:
This is all that you have been taught,

Nope, none of that.
misterB wrote:
A belief system which isn't proven by History, nor by Science. Rather - it is an interpretation by some people who saw life from a Primitive perspective alone.

Indeed. Your perspective obviously.
misterB wrote:
Imagine, that you could appreciate life for who you are?

But I do!
misterB wrote:
So you don't look at yourself as an animal only, rather - you look at yourself as a human who has much more potential.

Yadda yadda. There is nothing wrong with associating myself with my fellow lifeforms. Unless of course, you're too full of yourself to realize you are only a member of yet another species living on this planet who excels in some respect, but is inferiour in many others.
misterB wrote:

You are the human who has;

- been Honored with; an Intellect, the ability to Communicate, the ability to Crawl, Walk, Run, Swim, and even create machines by which you Fly long distances.
- you have a Purpose:
- a Purpose by which you can use your skills to Help others, and reap its Reward.

Part of the purpose I've given myself surely entails that.
misterB wrote:
This is what Guidance is; giving you a step by step Example by which you higher your self to the next level.

Yeah, I received guidance on some of these things you listed from my fellow human beings. Thanks guys!
misterB wrote:
How can it be that everything you have in life is designed for a positive purpose, yet you - who has all these crafted tools at your disposal; How can it be that you have nothing to advise you on how you should guide yourself?

I can guide myself rather successfully through life. Or ask someone else for help. What's your problem?
misterB wrote:
How can it be that the Tools you use need instruction manuals, yet you do not?

Because I am not braindead?
misterB wrote:

I always strive to improve on myself, but I am generally rather content with who I am.
misterB wrote:
You weren't that Cell who came into existence through a method which nobody knows.

Indeed, I were that cell who came into existence through a method which almost everybody knows. You need some help with the birds and the bees?
misterB wrote:
You weren't that hairless Ape who never knew who his 'common ancestor' father was.

But I do have a good idea about my common ancestors. Science is finding out more about them day by day.
misterB wrote:
What if these are just fairytales ? They're not proven facts afterall.

Disregarding that science does not deal in prove, you are wrong, most of what you listed, or rather, alluded to, are evidentially supported facts.
Even so, what if it they weren't? Well, then we'd have something more yet to discover.
misterB wrote:
So maybe you are that honored human, who has a purpose - serving the Originator, your Creator; who designed you in the best form, who made you unique - beneficial to society in your own special way.

Like flying planes into buildings? Mistreating woman? Stoning people?
misterB wrote:

Maybe your Creator did want you to enjoy His blessings? Maybe He wanted you to enjoy them by spending them on your self, your family, friends, and those who needed them? Isn't that a sign that you're a grateful servant?

I wasn't created. There is no creator. Apart from that, I don't need someone to tell me to be a good loving person. I do it because I AM just that.
misterB wrote:

The one who beautified the Earth and its Sky, and caused the Sky to rain and impregnate her by which she would give birth to Provisions of different Colours, and Sizes - enriching generations upon generations for thousands and millions of years...

Producing a wide selection of Flavoured; Foods, Drinks, Materials; Clothing, Styles, Beauties, Cultures, Languages, and amazingly - the potential for Unity, in between all the differences.
The One who causes this, causes it to occur over and over, and over again... So one generation dies, while another is brought to life..

The One for which there is no evidence at all.
misterB wrote:
..Until the last one, dies.

Why was there so much Evil on the Earth? Where was the Justice?

Not within religion, for sure. That has done enough to fuck things up for us.
misterB wrote:

But, it wasn't the Earth's fault, nor was it the Sky's. They would run in harmony - completing their role in perfect timing & precision, for millenium upon millenium. Nature would run perfectly fine, without excessive human interruption.

Wasn't it that human's fault, who spread Corruption, and caused Problems between the people, Insulting some, while Not Spending on others who needed?

Sure. IF you do not believe in an omnimax god. If you do, it's his fault, per definition.
misterB wrote:

So the Originator will once again, Originate the Earth. Send down a rain - which will cause each and every human to grow out of the Earth like a plant (that same human who He created from a sperm drop.)

Once again? It hasn't happened yet.
misterB wrote:
Gathered on one flat and vast location, every human will run on this Day, running away from who? The one he wronged. Each person will know that he will be Questioned on this Day for what he did in the temporary worldly life. No-one will be safe.. on this Day, Except the one who came with a Serene heart.

And who is the one with a Serene heart?

It is the one who knew that he will face this Day. So he believed in His Provider, and served Him by doing good - giving rights to his Creator, and giving rights to the creation.

Nice corrupt attempt to fear me into believing. Wish you had the brains to realize that you can't put someone in fear with stories he thinks are just dumb bronze age fairy tails.
misterB wrote:
He knew that he would made mistakes in the worldly life, but he knew that his Creator and Provider was extremely Merciful and supportive to His sincere servants. Having good hopes in His Provider, the Sincere servant - knowing he was a candle in a world filled with darkness, humbly and patiently continued to strive to uphold justice - until there came to him the Certainty (Death.)

There is no justice in Islam.
misterB wrote:

So on this Day - his Rich Provider is Appreciative of his good, and rewarded him with a life of endless Provisions in beautiful Gardens beneath which rivers flow.

Gardens containing Mansions; a Beautiful Partner, a Beautiful Drink and a life of joy. If the Provider was able to give the evildoers temporary mansions in the worldly life, who can prevent Him from giving the good doers more, in an eternal world which doesn't end? Uniting him with others similar to him, the great Messengers; Noah, Jesus, Abraham, Moses, Muhammad and the righteous of all generations. And the greatest of all - the gift of meeting his Creator, and Provider, the All Rich, the Appreciative.

Yeah I got it. Kissing Hanks ass.
Sorry, got too much integrity and morality in me.
misterB wrote:

Those who denied the meeting with their Creator, and caused corruption in the Earth, even after the truth had come to them - they would be punished in a Fire, especifically created for the arrogant, ungrateful.

Ungrateful - being even more lowly than animals.

More dumb fearmongering, I see.
misterB wrote:
The Animals; Eat, Drink, have Children, survive in a world full of Challenges, and then gradually Die away. Do humans?

Evidently, yes we do.
misterB wrote:

You - the human, have been given an Intellect, an Uprightness, an Ability - throughwhich you are Responsibe for upholding the Legislated Justice.

Indeed. Not that pile of crazyness you think of as justice, though.
misterB wrote:
You are responsible to submit in Islam (Islam means Submission) to the guidance of the All Knowing, the All Wise.

No, actually, if I truly want to be a good, loving person, upholding justice and improving on myself, I certainly won't become a member of your mysogonic, injuste, immoral,murdering , fear - and hatemongering, hypocritical, crazy, corrupt death cult.

Sheesh, I can't be arsed to comment on the remaining preach bollocks, for it's just a repetition of the same crap.

Is there an actual reason for posting this deluded, dumb, belittling nonsense MisterB?
Scar

Name: Michael
Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#8  Postby misterB » Mar 15, 2011 11:38 pm

JayWilson wrote:What is your position on Islam, misterB?

I think Islam is a dangerous exotic and morbid cult that degrades women. :)

If it has somewhat of noble basis I think it is now tainted beyond recognition.

Is there an actual reason for posting this deluded, dumb, belittling nonsense MisterB
It can be intersting to discuss the islamic position , these are not my views, I just reproduced the islamic position ( source provided) for the sake of the discussion.
misterB
Banned Sockpuppet

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9  Postby LucidFlight » Mar 15, 2011 11:43 pm

misterB wrote:
JayWilson wrote:What is your position on Islam, misterB?

I think Islam is a dangerous exotic and morbid cult that degrades women. :)

If it has somewhat of noble basis I think it is now tainted beyond recognition.

Which do you think is less terrible, Islam or atheism?
Who do you think is easier to convert to Christianity, a Muslim or an atheist?
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Dracena » Mar 15, 2011 11:46 pm

It's bullshit from start to finish.I'm so surprised. :coffee:
Then wait - for the Promise of your Originator, you will come to know, and they too - will come to know, who was Truthful, and who was the liar, and then regret will be of no benefit...

Fail: the koran says that non-believers will go to hell no matter how honest they have been.
Dracena

Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#11  Postby misterB » Mar 15, 2011 11:51 pm

This is a clumsy question but I would have to say that I hate islam with a passion....

Who do you think is easier to convert to Christianity, a Muslim or an atheist?
Im not in the converting buisness, sorry.
misterB
Banned Sockpuppet

United States (us)
Print view this post

#12  Postby jim » Mar 16, 2011 12:50 am

misterB wrote:
This is a clumsy question but I would have to say that I hate islam with a passion....

All of the Abrahamic religions are pretty fucking abhorrent, that God bloke is quite frankly an arsehole.
Father Dougal:
Come on, Ted. Sure it's no more peculiar than all that stuff we learned in the seminary, you know, Heaven and Hell and everlasting life and all that type of thing. You're not meant to take it seriously, Ted!
jim

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Spinozasgalt » Mar 16, 2011 1:41 am

Was this meant in a certain context in the place you found it? It reads to me as if it's aimed at certain people with whom the writer is familiar. Or perhaps, less charitably, the writer just thinks they know how atheists feel and what they believe?

misterB wrote:To those who ascribe themselves to Atheists:

Who believes that?

misterB wrote:Isn't it about time you bettered yourself?

This part made me smile. I couldn't help but be reminded of those lifestyle coaches who paint the usual dismal picture of the world and then offer a solution in the purchase of their products. :lol:
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Nicko » Mar 16, 2011 1:52 am

I think it is a collection of empty promises, baseless assertions and sociopathic prosetelysing. It makes the classic mistake of confusing which descriptions of the universe have been tested and found valid, and which descriptions have been tested and found wanting. Ah, it must be religion.

BTW, use the quote function to make it clear that you are quoting someone else, rather than preaching.
Last edited by Nicko on Mar 16, 2011 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Democracy is asset insurance for the rich. Stop skimping on the payments."

-- Mark Blyth
Nicko

Name: Nick Williams
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#15  Postby keypad5 » Mar 16, 2011 1:54 am

*snip*

It's just unsubstantiated assertions attacking a position that hasn't been comprehended. Also known as 'preaching'. It generally looks the same regardless of which Abrahamic is doing it. :coffee:
keypad5

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#16  Postby Bribase » Mar 16, 2011 1:54 am

Good on you, Scar for fisking that bit of preaching. :cheers:

Mr.B. This is from start to finish rather clearly what theists concieve of the life of an atheist to be like. They trot out these supposed principles of non-belief as a horror show solely for the flock, not to convince those that do not accept the existence of gods on rational grounds.

The supposed scientific position is simply an argument from conseqences. Whoever wrote this bit of tripe appears to think that if the story of our natural origins is true, then nothing about the world matters, therfore the story of our natural origins has to be false. I'm deeply concerned about the tsunami in Japan at the moment, perhaps I can worry the reality of that situation out of existence too?

The listing of human and animal faculties here is nothing but a grand expostion of his or her ingnorance. He has already wished away how these faculties can and have arisen naturally (while robbing himself of the wonder of scientific exploration). Simultaneously ignoring the fact that human technology is devised by human beings, based on an application of human enginuity to observations of the natural world.

He/she the entreats us that our purpose on this earth is to worship and serve his god. I have no idea why a being of such magnitude would require submission from anyone or any thing. Serving a god is not an objective purpose for life, since the purpose is set down by a person (subjective). I have no idea why this theist finds the notion of his purpose being defined by someone else so attractive? He's acting like some kind of sapient shovel, yearning to have a purpose for their existence that they can't think to define for themselves. :lol:

He then goes on to shifting the burden of proof, making crappy analogies to farm animals, saying his god made the sky pretty because he can't muster the will to check on wikipedia why it happens to be that colour, threatening us with hell, Blah! blah! blah!

I'm not going to ask you any pointed questions Mr.B, all I ask is why did you decide to post this for us? Did it have some significance to you?
Bribase

Male

Print view this post

#17  Postby LucidFlight » Mar 16, 2011 1:55 am

Spinozasgalt wrote:
misterB wrote:Isn't it about time you bettered yourself?

This part made me smile. I couldn't help but be reminded of those lifestyle coaches who paint the usual dismal picture of the world and then offer a solution in the purchase of their products. :lol:

Just check out my fantastic Christian abs!

:lol:

Disclaimer: abs not pictured.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Spinozasgalt » Mar 16, 2011 2:00 am

:lol:

Today we're offering not one, not two, but three conversions for half the price of the original. That's a saving of over nineteen ninety-five. And they come with this fantastic scrubbing brush, perfect for all those hard to clean areas of your shower recess!
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Amergin » Mar 16, 2011 3:10 am

Spinozasgalt wrote::lol:

Today we're offering not one, not two, but three conversions for half the price of the original. That's a saving of over nineteen ninety-five. And they come with this fantastic scrubbing brush, perfect for all those hard to clean areas of your shower recess!

This reminds me of how I was once audience, in my own home, to a 'fundie' who wanted to convert me. He had a book which allowed him to flip pages over to support his well-versed and practiced spiel. After about three minutes into his performance I held up my hand to silence him and told him I didn't want any part of a religion that was being sold to me like a vacuum cleaner. I showed him the door.
Amergin

Name: Arthur Seeley

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#20  Postby Ihavenofingerprints » Mar 16, 2011 3:22 am

Whats the chance? 1/10 2/30?

If you can't put a number on it, i don't see how it is a "chance".

Can you describe this accident in detail? I'm unaware of any accident.

Do i not trust anyone because i don't follow christian scripture? (which is obviously the one and only true scripture)

In that case 90% of those humans who have ever lived obviously couldn't trust anyone. Sounds reasonable to me.
Ihavenofingerprints

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Nontheism