Republican Watch

People who say "Democrats are as bad as Republicans" are almost as bad as Republicans.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Republican Watch

#2321  Postby Alan C » Jun 21, 2022 11:39 am

Texas republicans, I ran out of swear words tonight after SO read out the toxic steaming septic spill that is their latest platform.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#2322  Postby Seabass » Jun 21, 2022 6:47 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

#2323  Postby The_Metatron » Jun 21, 2022 11:15 pm

My reply will be dramatically more than these amateurs describe.

Try me out, republicans. Try to line up gays and start shooting them in the back of their heads.

There will be no involving police or a useless system of justice.

You are warned, motherfuckers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2324  Postby Seabass » Jun 27, 2022 7:43 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Print view this post

#2325  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 27, 2022 8:41 pm

Meanwhile, I just found this:

which has the obvious bearings on the recent overturning of Roe vs Wade. But, wait for it, I also found this, which is also highly indicative of the attitudes of the Christofascists that have taken over the GOP:

In short, the Religious Right are cut from a cloth we've all seen before ... Klan Tartan ...
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: The New And Coming Plague

#2326  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jun 27, 2022 9:32 pm

„a victory for white life“ :lol:

guess who’s going to have fewer abortions due to this?
white folks who are financially „better off“ and can afford to drive to the next state, or the blacks they hate so much who can’t?

good luck keeping up with black voter suppression when they start outbreeding you,
while the richer, more educated might just skipp town alltogether.
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#2327  Postby Macdoc » Jun 28, 2022 7:18 am

The already outbreed....Hispanics and Afro-americans and the repuglies are desperate to supress voters and confine them via altering voting boundaries.

The Black population is growing. There were 46.8 million people in the U.S. who identified as Black in 2019. The Black population has grown by more than 10 million since 2000, when 36.2 million of the country’s population identified as Black, a 29% increase over almost two decades. This population growth rate is larger than that of the White population over the same time span (13%) but less than that of the Asian and Hispanic U.S. populations (89% and 72%, respectively)

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... k-america/

U.S. Hispanic population continued its geographic spread in ...https://www.pewresearch.org › ... › Hispanics/Latinos
3 Feb 2022 — The U.S. Hispanic population reached 62.1 million in 2020, an increase of 23% over the previous decade

Mexico is retaking its lost lands ......
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#2328  Postby Macdoc » Jun 28, 2022 8:43 am

Public opinion impacts voting and large majority of women and a good sized chunk of men oppose this and might make for a surprise come November....if ever there was a swing issue this is it. Given how tight some of the races are ...women could tip those close contests.

64% of US adults oppose overturning Roe v. Wade, poll sayshttps://www.npr.org › 2022/05/19 › abortion-polling-roe-...
19 May 2022 — Poll: Two-thirds say don't overturn Roe; the court leak is firing up Democratic voters · Nearly two in three Americans oppose overturning Roe v.
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#2329  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 30, 2022 3:06 pm

Too much talk, not enough action.

Many Republican states have already set up changes to the electoral system that can simply circumvent the plurality of a representative democracy.

This ain't going away in November.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2330  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 30, 2022 7:19 pm

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm ... 45402be8b9

More than 1 million voters switch to GOP in warning for Dems

WASHINGTON (AP) — A political shift is beginning to take hold across the U.S. as tens of thousands of suburban swing voters who helped fuel the Democratic Party’s gains in recent years are becoming Republicans.

More than 1 million voters across 43 states have switched to the Republican Party over the last year, according to voter registration data analyzed by The Associated Press. The previously unreported number reflects a phenomenon that is playing out in virtually every region of the country — Democratic and Republican states along with cities and small towns — in the period since President Joe Biden replaced former President Donald Trump.

But nowhere is the shift more pronounced — and dangerous for Democrats — than in the suburbs, where well-educated swing voters who turned against Trump’s Republican Party in recent years appear to be swinging back. Over the last year, far more people are switching to the GOP across suburban counties from Denver to Atlanta and Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Republicans also gained ground in counties around medium-size cities such as Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; Raleigh, North Carolina; Augusta, Georgia; and Des Moines, Iowa.

Reasons cited anecdotally in the article are because of Democrats':

support for mandatory COVID-19 vaccines
inability to quell violent crime
focus on racial justice
inflation
baby formula shortages
high petrol prices
border crisis
elimination of student debt
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2331  Postby The_Piper » Jun 30, 2022 11:14 pm

So basically, disinformation. The self-proclaimed patriots at Fox, Newsmax, The Ghost of Rush Limbaugh, and other right wing outlets and grifters who have a complete inability to tell an honest truth are responsible for most of the rot in this country. Needless to say, that isn't patriotism, that's betrayal. The chumps who believe that shit or pretend to believe it because it's what they want to hear aren't blameless either, of course.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2332  Postby Seabass » Jul 01, 2022 4:28 am

Seabass

Print view this post

#2333  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 01, 2022 6:01 am

The_Piper wrote:So basically, disinformation. The self-proclaimed patriots at Fox, Newsmax, The Ghost of Rush Limbaugh, and other right wing outlets and grifters who have a complete inability to tell an honest truth are responsible for most of the rot in this country. Needless to say, that isn't patriotism, that's betrayal. The chumps who believe that shit or pretend to believe it because it's what they want to hear aren't blameless either, of course.

Manufactured controversies.

Of course, there are some plausibly valid political differences among that list. One can think border policy is failing without being motivated by nativism, or consider the elimination of student debt 'unfair' when it uses public taxes for individual benefit.

But let's see how much impact the demolition of Roe V Wade has on these swing-voters - hard to imagine how someone can be concerned about local Dem governments mandating vaccines and not concerned about Rep ones making abortion a crime.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2334  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 01, 2022 6:03 am

Seabass wrote:*snip*

Is this some joke I've missed... or is this really Rudy Giuliani trying to make a few $$ on the side by selling shoes?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2335  Postby Seabass » Jul 01, 2022 7:21 am

Spearthrower wrote:

Is this some joke I've missed... or is this really Rudy Giuliani trying to make a few $$ on the side by selling shoes?

It's not a joke. It's hilarious... but no, not a joke.

Seabass

Print view this post

#2336  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jul 01, 2022 8:19 am

Seabass wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

It's not a joke. It's hilarious... but no, not a joke.

That scraping sound your hear, it’s the bottom of a barrel.
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#2337  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 01, 2022 8:23 am

America's Mayor shoe salesman.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2338  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 01, 2022 9:00 am

Follow the Money

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ ... d_Property

TFP has continued its ties with the political right as a participating sponsor of the Conservative Political Action Conference,[10] and by signing statements issued by the Heartland Institute that opposed housing finance reform legislation,[11] and discussions of climate change in comprehensive energy legislation[12] and in the State Department funding authorization.[13]

TFP Student Action is the university campus outreach of the TFP.[14] Its activities include distributing fliers and other literature on the streets of universities, sponsoring speakers on campuses, hosting student conferences, and organizing protests and petitions, especially against the provision of information about abortion and the acceptance of LGBT students at Catholic universities. Its most recent campaign is against the 96 Catholic colleges and universities that allow LGBT student groups.[15] In April 2009, volunteers of TFP Student Action traveled to the major cities of New Hampshire[16] and Maine[17] to distribute literature against same-sex marriage.

The American TFP provides the staff to run Saint Louis de Montfort Academy, a boys' boarding school in Herndon, Pennsylvania, that provides students with a traditional Catholic education.[18] It also operates Call to Chivalry summer camps, which express Oliveira's view[19] of nobility, chivalry, and the benefits of the feudal past.[20]

The Return to Order campaign is an offshoot of the US Foundation for a Christian Civilisation. In 2019, it organized a petition against the Good Omens miniseries as mocking God's wisdom and making Satanism appear normal, light and acceptable, but they targeted the petition at Netflix rather than Amazon Prime Video which distributes the series.[21] In 2021, they staged a protest at the 59th New York Film Festival due to the festival showing the Paul Verhoeven film Benedetta, which they deemed blasphemous for its portrayal of lesbianism within the confines of a convent.[22]
Criticism for virulence

The American TFP has been cited in several articles by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) for their anti-LGBTQ views.[23] According to the SPLC the TFP is a "virulently anti-LGBT group".[24]

Catholic priest James Martin, referring to the American TFP and to the organisation Church Militant commented that “These online hate groups are now more powerful than local churches”.[25]

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2339  Postby The_Piper » Jul 01, 2022 1:25 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
The_Piper wrote:So basically, disinformation. The self-proclaimed patriots at Fox, Newsmax, The Ghost of Rush Limbaugh, and other right wing outlets and grifters who have a complete inability to tell an honest truth are responsible for most of the rot in this country. Needless to say, that isn't patriotism, that's betrayal. The chumps who believe that shit or pretend to believe it because it's what they want to hear aren't blameless either, of course.

Manufactured controversies.

Of course, there are some plausibly valid political differences among that list. One can think border policy is failing without being motivated by nativism, or consider the elimination of student debt 'unfair' when it uses public taxes for individual benefit.

But let's see how much impact the demolition of Roe V Wade has on these swing-voters - hard to imagine how someone can be concerned about local Dem governments mandating vaccines and not concerned about Rep ones making abortion a crime.

There are definitely valid differences, but these outlets have resorted to calling gay people groomers and pedophiles, and Democrats similar shit. They're not interested in the valid differences, because more people disagree with their side than agree. But if the Democrats are enabling groomers and pedophiles, how can someone vote for them? This shit's really escalated the past couple of years, even beyond the crazy comet pizza days. An example - someone approached a drag story time thing with a weapon drawn the other day.
https://www.rawstory.com/proud-boys-drag-queen-story-hour/

"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2340  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 01, 2022 1:35 pm

The_Piper wrote:
There are definitely valid differences, but these outlets have resorted to calling gay people groomers and pedophiles, and Democrats similar shit.

This is the cancer. Freedom of speech and freedom of the press are vital, but there's still got to be some standards, particularly when people believe they're watching news when all it amounts to is the insane blatherings of a demagogue.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs