Energised Water

What?

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Energised Water

#1  Postby Doubtdispelled » Sep 16, 2013 12:01 pm

I've recently discovered some brilliant 'fake' cheeses made by these people which are much better than the ones I've (being lactose intolerant) been used to buying.

The list of ingredients includes the claim that they are made using "filtered and energized water".

:what:

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 25621.html

Speaking about the new technology, Professor Austin Darragh says:

"Vi-Aqua makes water wetter.......

I don't believe a word of it, and when I read out the first line of that article; "A GROUNDBREAKING new Irish technology" to my son, he fell about laughing.

Sorry Ani. :shifty:

Whatever the water, the cheese is good, but come to think of it, this should be in pseudoscience.
God's hand might have shaken just a bit when he was finishing off the supposed masterwork of his creative empire.. - Stephen King
Doubtdispelled

Print view this post

Re: Energised Water

#2  Postby mattthomas » Sep 16, 2013 12:06 pm

This is brilliant, you see how clever this is? Now most paranoid fantasies are intricate but this, this doesn't require a shred of evidence!

http://www.energizewater.com/index_files/wiew1.htm
mattthomas

Print view this post

#3  Postby mindhack » Sep 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Energized water is going to be hot no?
(Ignorance --> Mystery) < (Knowledge --> Awe)
mindhack

Name: Van Amerongen
Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Scot Dutchy » Sep 16, 2013 12:34 pm

Anyone familiar with the principle ofhomeopathywill realise that progressively removing the physical substance from a liquid (by dilution in the case of homeopathy), increases the energetic effect of that substance - greater dilution leads to greater potency. This is one of the fascinating qualities of water - it remembers ‘frequencies’ or the energies of substances it has come in contact with. This is fine for harmless substances, but what about all the toxic substances it comes in contact with?

Nuff said.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5  Postby DavidMcC » Sep 16, 2013 1:53 pm

Energised Water?! :shock:
We better hope that those awful aliens in "Battle: Los Angeles" (which I watched the other day), haven't really invented lucek's space-warping capacitors! They would be after our water, don't you know! :shock:

EDIT: And they wouldn't be after our cheese!
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby natselrox » Sep 16, 2013 1:59 pm

Doubtdispelled wrote:... "A GROUNDBREAKING new Irish technology"...

OMG! How rude, DD! :rofl:
When in perplexity, read on.

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#7  Postby babel » Sep 16, 2013 2:38 pm

Doubtdispelled wrote:

"Vi-Aqua makes water wetter.......

[/quote]
You can tell it's an Irish invention. Only they can tell that to someone with a straight face. :drunk:
Milton Jones: "Just bought a broken second hand time machine - plan to fix it, have lots of adventures then go back and not buy it, he he idiots.."
babel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Doubtdispelled » Sep 16, 2013 3:53 pm

natselrox wrote:
Doubtdispelled wrote:... "A GROUNDBREAKING new Irish technology"...

OMG! How rude, DD! :rofl:

How very dare you, Sir! 'Twas not I who laughed at that, 'twas that uncouth youth, the Cool Dude! To be quite honest, I didn't even notice it as I was too occupied trying to imagine how water could become wetter...

But yeah, I guess Babel is right.
babel wrote:You can tell it's an Irish invention. Only they can tell that to someone with a straight face. :drunk:

:lol:
DavidMcC wrote:Energised Water?! :shock:
We better hope that those awful aliens in "Battle: Los Angeles" (which I watched the other day), haven't really invented lucek's space-warping capacitors! They would be after our water, don't you know! :shock:

EDIT: And they wouldn't be after our cheese!
Indeed. But even without aliens, I can't help thinking that energised water could be dangerous, all on it's own. :ahrr:
God's hand might have shaken just a bit when he was finishing off the supposed masterwork of his creative empire.. - Stephen King
Doubtdispelled

Print view this post

#9  Postby Weaver » Sep 16, 2013 6:44 pm

Water is said to become "wetter" when various agents are added that reduce surface tension, making it more likely to soak into the surface it's applied to rather than beading up. Such agents are frequently used by fire departments to enable extinguishment with less water.

But I'm not sure that's what they are talking about.
Retired AiF

Cogito, Ergo Armatus Sum.
Weaver
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby laklak » Sep 16, 2013 6:47 pm

They're talking horseshit woo. Water "memory" and similar homeopathic style horseshit woo. Idiots that believe in homeopathy will flock to this stuff. No one ever went broke overestimating the stupidity of the public.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Doubtdispelled » Sep 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Weaver wrote:Water is said to become "wetter" when various agents are added that reduce surface tension, making it more likely to soak into the surface it's applied to rather than beading up. Such agents are frequently used by fire departments to enable extinguishment with less water.

But I'm not sure that's what they are talking about.

Indeed, Weaver. And I've done enough washing up, with added surfactants, to know that this is not what they are talking about either, because they seem to be talking about taking 'stuff' out of the water, not adding it. Cheese with added washing up liquid? :ill:
Doubtdispelled

Print view this post

#12  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Sep 16, 2013 11:14 pm

Water is energised, and so is ice for that matter, unless its temp is Zero Kelvin.
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#13  Postby Boyle » Sep 17, 2013 1:22 am

My cousin recently got into the idea that water with more positive ions has a higher quantum spin and so it bumps you into a higher plane of being.

I don't think I quite got what he said correct cause I find it difficult to remember shit that doesn't make sense and that flies in the face of the limited amount of physics I know, but it might be related to what these folks are talking about.
Boyle

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14  Postby SafeAsMilk » Sep 17, 2013 1:45 am

mattthomas wrote:This is brilliant, you see how clever this is? Now most paranoid fantasies are intricate but this, this doesn't require a shred of evidence!

http://www.energizewater.com/index_files/wiew1.htm

In technical terminology? He's a loon!
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Onyx8 » Sep 17, 2013 1:46 am

When I was being trained in asbestos removal/disposal the use of surfactants as things that 'make water wetter' was commonplace. Interestingly regarding the homeopathic connection, a commonly used phrase in the 'biz' was : "The SOLUTION to POLLUTION is DILUTION"

I'm glad you like the cheese, but it would be interesting to find out what processes and what chemicals are being employed.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#16  Postby Steve » Sep 17, 2013 2:10 am

I use the most energized water possible to make a nice cuppa.
As your desire is, so is your will.
As your will is, so is your deed.
As your deed is, so is your destiny
Blue Mountain Center of Meditation
Steve
RS Donator

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#17  Postby natselrox » Sep 17, 2013 5:05 am

Is that what they dispense at the churches?
When in perplexity, read on.

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Steve » Sep 17, 2013 5:09 am

I was referring to water at a rolling boil...
As your desire is, so is your will.
As your will is, so is your deed.
As your deed is, so is your destiny
Blue Mountain Center of Meditation
Steve
RS Donator

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#19  Postby renekawa » Sep 17, 2013 6:33 am

Steve wrote:I use the most energized water possible to make a nice cuppa.

:coffee: This energized water stuff is good. Especially with some ground coffee beans :dopey:
renekawa

Male

Estonia (ee)
Print view this post

#20  Postby Doubtdispelled » Sep 17, 2013 8:45 am

Darwinsbulldog wrote:Water is energised, and so is ice for that matter, unless its temp is Zero Kelvin.

That's true. I'd forgotten all that stuff about atoms in motion. :)

Boyle wrote:My cousin recently got into the idea that water with more positive ions has a higher quantum spin and so it bumps you into a higher plane of being.

I don't think I quite got what he said correct cause I find it difficult to remember shit that doesn't make sense and that flies in the face of the limited amount of physics I know, but it might be related to what these folks are talking about.
Yes, I think you're right, I only read a little of what's out there but I saw references to that kind of thing. A higher plane of being, eh? This could well put the breweries out of business!

Onyx8 wrote:I'm glad you like the cheese, but it would be interesting to find out what processes and what chemicals are being employed.

Well, apparently their water is energised 'using Schauberger technology', so I'll have to follow that up to find out. Or - I suppose - I could just ask them. :ask:
Doubtdispelled

Print view this post

Next

Return to Pseudoscience