One bang one process.

Evolution.

Discussions on astrology, homeopathy and superstition etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: One bang one process.

#2321  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 12, 2022 3:57 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
pfrankinstein wrote:
Still no title for the masterpiece as yet.

Also, somewhat lacking the masterpiece itself.

But the fact it's taken you two weeks to still not even come up with a title... I think that says it all, doesn't it Paul?

You have not made one suggestion.

Whereas we both know, and as recorded in this thread: it was my suggestion that if you're so absolutely convinced of your genius that you wouldn't really bother spamming idiocy at strangers on the internet for more than a decade, and that instead you'd have written a paper to submit to relevant experts and thus actually achieve something of note. Further, it was my suggestion that you read the paper I cited to show you how far removed from credibility and competence your 5 word witterings are.

pfrankinstein wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if you are a writer.

And I am beginning to wonder whether your gross incompetence coupled with entirely unjustified hubris extends to all other aspects of your life.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2322  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 12, 2022 3:59 pm

hackenslash wrote:Dear Paul,

Thank you for your submission. Unfortunately, we can't publish your research at this time, as it appears not to contain any fucking research. We also had some concerns about your methodology, in that extracting assertions from the rectal sphincter doesn't follow any recognised experimental design protocols and, with no control sphincters, it's difficult to tell whether you've actually found anything other than the contents of your bowels. We had other methodological concerns, but they were mostly concerned with the above being the only discernible methodology involved and, absent the parameters of your experimental design, or in fact any evidence of experimental design, we feel that your research doesn't meet the standards of excellence required of a 4Chan meme, let alone publication in one of our august journals, whose existence lives or dies by those standards.

We wish you the best of luck in your future scientific endeavours. Should you wish to submit for publication again, some recommendations have kindly been provided by one of the world's leading cosmologists.

Yours,

Science

One of the reviewers did want to stress that in all the years of reviewing submissions, they'd never yet seen a paper that consisted only of a title and abstract, both of which containing the exact same phrase, and that phrase amounting to just 5 words, and even with so few, all those words somehow still being wrong. This is quite an accomplishment, even if we're unable to accept your submission given that a drunk spider falling into a pot of ink then staggering across a page could have submitted a more cogent discourse on the subject.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2323  Postby hackenslash » Apr 12, 2022 4:23 pm

Spearthrower wrote:given that a drunk spider falling into a pot of ink then staggering across a page could have submitted a more cogent discourse on the subject.

And quite possibly an elevation in the standard of music in the presentation...
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#2324  Postby pfrankinstein » Apr 12, 2022 4:44 pm

Spearthrower wrote:

Thank you for your submission. Unfortunately, we can't publish your research at this time, as it appears not to contain any fucking research. We also had some concerns about your methodology, in that extracting assertions from the rectal sphincter doesn't follow any recognised experimental design protocols and, with no control sphincters, it's difficult to tell whether you've actually found anything other than the contents of your bowels. We had other methodological concerns, but they were mostly concerned with the above being the only discernible methodology involved and, absent the parameters of your experimental design, or in fact any evidence of experimental design, we feel that your research doesn't meet the standards of excellence required of a 4Chan meme, let alone publication in one of our august journals, whose existence lives or dies by those standards.

We wish you the best of luck in your future scientific endeavours. Should you wish to submit for publication again, some recommendations have kindly been provided by one of the world's leading cosmologists.

Yours,

Science

One of the reviewers did want to stress that in all the years of reviewing submissions, they'd never yet seen a paper that consisted only of a title and abstract, both of which containing the exact same phrase, and that phrase amounting to just 5 words, and even with so few, all those words somehow still being wrong. This is quite an accomplishment, even if we're unable to accept your submission given that a drunk spider falling into a pot of ink then staggering across a page could have submitted a more cogent discourse on the subject.

cogent discourse. Your pea brain can not grasp the most basic premise.

The big bang a single beginning denotes a single process.

That process is EVOLUTION.

Evidenced by rational face value logic.

Your organon thrower is what exactly?

Paul

Paul.
pfrankinstein

Name: paul

Print view this post

#2325  Postby hackenslash » Apr 12, 2022 4:56 pm

You don't understand face value logic. If you did, you'd know that your entire schtick here is a massive instance of affirming the consequent. If you understood face value logic, you'd understand why affirming the consequent is a problem (it's actually an instance of the inductive fallacy as well, but the inductive fallacy reduces to affirming the consequent, which means it's an affirmation twofer. In only five words. Impressive).

But don't let the fact that everybody here grasps logic considerably better than you do stand in the way of fapping.
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#2326  Postby pfrankinstein » Apr 12, 2022 5:14 pm

hackenslash wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:given that a drunk spider falling into a pot of ink then staggering across a page could have submitted a more cogent discourse on the subject.

And quite possibly an elevation in the standard of music in the presentation...

https://youtu.be/8MPbR6Cbwi4
Paul
pfrankinstein

Print view this post

#2327  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 12, 2022 5:34 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Yours,

Science

cogent discourse. Your pea brain can not grasp the most basic premise.

That process is EVOLUTION.

Evidenced by rational face value logic.

Your organon thrower is what exactly?

Paul

Paul.

And you repeat your mumblefuckery yet again, as if mere repetition will magically make it worth a wazz.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2328  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 12, 2022 5:38 pm

You have to understand something Paul - even if you hadn't just spent more than 12+ years repeating the same idiocy over and over like a poorly programmed bot and this was the very first time I read the above sentence...

I'd still be able to tell instantly that the writer didn't have a fucking clue what they were yammering about.

It's not even a proper sentence, and the number of grammatical errors in the phrase vie with the total number of words - it's all part of the package of failure you repeatedly serve up.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2329  Postby pfrankinstein » Apr 12, 2022 8:01 pm

pfrankinstein

Print view this post

#2330  Postby hackenslash » Apr 12, 2022 8:04 pm

Yes, I think we were better off with the spider.
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#2331  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 12, 2022 8:26 pm

Spearthrower wrote:I read several papers today from a range of fields - you should take a look at the evolutionary biology section Paul just to see how far removed from reality you are.

https://elifesciences.org/subjects/evolutionary-biology

Let's take a look at a random article.

This isn't to look in detail at the science, the quality of the methodology, the relevance or impact of the thesis... but just to see whether it's possible ever to slip some reality past Paul's Demon.

https://elifesciences.org/articles/68192

Unsupervised Bayesian Ising Approximation for decoding neural activity and other biological dictionaries

Abstract

The problem of deciphering how low-level patterns (action potentials in the brain, amino acids in a protein, etc.) drive high-level biological features (sensorimotor behavior, enzymatic function) represents the central challenge of quantitative biology. The lack of general methods for doing so from the size of datasets that can be collected experimentally severely limits our understanding of the biological world. For example, in neuroscience, some sensory and motor codes have been shown to consist of precisely timed multi-spike patterns. However, the combinatorial complexity of such pattern codes have precluded development of methods for their comprehensive analysis. Thus, just as it is hard to predict a protein’s function based on its sequence, we still do not understand how to accurately predict an organism’s behavior based on neural activity. Here, we introduce the unsupervised Bayesian Ising Approximation (uBIA) for solving this class of problems. We demonstrate its utility in an application to neural data, detecting precisely timed spike patterns that code for specific motor behaviors in a songbird vocal system. In data recorded during singing from neurons in a vocal control region, our method detects such codewords with an arbitrary number of spikes, does so from small data sets, and accounts for dependencies in occurrences of codewords. Detecting such comprehensive motor control dictionaries can improve our understanding of skilled motor control and the neural bases of sensorimotor learning in animals. To further illustrate the utility of uBIA, we used it to identify the distinct sets of activity patterns that encode vocal motor exploration versus typical song production. Crucially, our method can be used not only for analysis of neural systems, but also for understanding the structure of correlations in other biological and nonbiological datasets.

Again Paul - note how the author's idea involves more than 5 words, even when succinctly written. The title is longer than your entire 'argument' :grin:

Additionally, despite being succinctly written, it's also written in such a way that not much technical knowledge is necessary here - it is, after all, just the abstract. There is, of course, some vocabulary particular not just to science, not just to Biology, not just to evolutionary biology, not just to computational neurosciences, but to the very specific field of interest this person has specialized in - that's just the nature of expertise, Paul. I know how far away you are from knowing that.

And in addition even to that addition, the entire abstract above merely sets the scene as an introduction to the detailed system they go on to propose, explain in granular detail, showing both how the model works and how it can be tested, through the remainder of the paper.

But we are still not done with my additive habits as I also must point out that the load of empty guff you keep warbling about supposedly is meant to explain not just how we could go about decoding neural activity, but is meant to literally be the most compelling, complete and wondrous explanation of absolutely everything - but yet you can't seem to find more than 5 - 7 words which you repeat in a formulaic manner instead of providing any substantiation of those 5 - 7 words.

Labels on jars have more information than you've mustered in more than a decade! :lol:

This author could undoubtedly bore the teats off us with endless detail about the area of expert knowledge they've mastered - they don't just know their shit, they speak it as a second language. You don't speak that language. You don't even pass as an elementary speaker of that language. Analogously, you're more like an arrogant tourist who thinks they can just speak their own language, repeat themselves more loudly over and over and waiting for the 'ignorant' locals to finally catch on. Your language doesn't work here, Paul - you need more than 5 - 7 words to 'explain' how everything that is was produced by selection, for example, by addressing the numerous instances of rebuttals to your claims wherein every time you've just engaged in a little clown show rather than showing you should be taken seriously.

And for my final augmentative addendum, HONK HONK

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2332  Postby hackenslash » Apr 12, 2022 9:28 pm

Spearthrower wrote:This isn't to look in detail at the science, the quality of the methodology, the relevance or impact of the thesis... but just to see whether it's possible ever to slip some reality past Paul's Demon.

Going to read the other stuff before commenting, but I thought it worth interjecting here that I only heard a couple of days ago that Glenn Morton had died while I was incommunicado. I was a little sad. His demon never did stop haunting him, despite him becoming aware of it, but he shows that change is possible.

We exchanged a few emails back in the day. When I first mooted the idea of a book of RDF, I wanted to include his post in its entirety. He said no, because he didn't like Dawkins. He was a nice bloke, as far as I could tell from the ten or so email we exchanged. Very deluded, even after his epiphany, but a generally decent dude.
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#2333  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 12, 2022 9:40 pm

I'm sure we're all sometimes blind to our own delusions and ignorance, but YECism is an a wacky class all its own. That's motivated self-delusion, eh Paul?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2334  Postby pfrankinstein » Apr 14, 2022 5:31 pm

Spearthrower wrote:I'm sure we're all sometimes blind to our own delusions and ignorance, but YECism is an a wacky class all its own. That's motivated self-delusion, eh Paul?

You are the one who is deluded, you claim to know all about the subject of evolution, in reality you know didley squat. Nothing....Your subject of expertise is biology.

Plane to see by everyone on the forum who reads this.

Cause = the process of evolution; effect speciation.

The process of evolution.... process.....process .....process.

Are you so innocent, shall I resort to posting dictionary definitions ?

I'm right say yes.

A single chain of cause and effect from bang to now.

>>>

Paul. Bah.

The three types of SELECTION I outline explain my realty.

How many you?
Last edited by pfrankinstein on Apr 14, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pfrankinstein

Print view this post

#2335  Postby scott1328 » Apr 14, 2022 5:43 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:I'm sure we're all sometimes blind to our own delusions and ignorance, but YECism is an a wacky class all its own. That's motivated self-delusion, eh Paul?

You are the one who is deluded, you claim to know all about the subject of evolution, in reality you know didley squat. Nothing....Your subject of expertise is biology.

Plane to see by everyone on the forum by who reads this.

Paul. Bah.

Bull shit.

Spearthrower plainly knows more about cultural evolution, biological evolution, stellar evolution, and cosmological evolution than you.

My 14 year old grand niece knows more about these subjects than you.

Go away.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2336  Postby pfrankinstein » Apr 14, 2022 6:04 pm

scott1328 wrote:
pfrankinstein wrote:

Plane to see by everyone on the forum by who reads this.

Paul. Bah.

Bull shit.

Spearthrower plainly knows more about cultural evolution, biological evolution, stellar evolution, and cosmological evolution than you.

My 14 year old grand niece knows more about these subjects than you.

Go away.

Clearly, ask him by what MECHANISM they evolve.

Paul.
pfrankinstein

Print view this post

#2337  Postby scott1328 » Apr 14, 2022 6:15 pm

Ah the singular, mythical MECHANISM.

Time is the fire in which we burn.
scott1328

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2338  Postby pfrankinstein » Apr 14, 2022 6:34 pm

scott1328 wrote:Ah the singular, mythical MECHANISM.

The mechanism as outlined by Charles Darwin, he knew about EVOLUTION.

Except to avoid confusion, I invent; propose a primitive type of SELECTION..

Primal selection so named to show it as the early representation of ns.

Or solar system evolves in the true sense because Charles Darwin s mechanism can be observed.

Do you understand?

Paul.
pfrankinstein

Print view this post

#2339  Postby scott1328 » Apr 14, 2022 6:35 pm

pfrankinstein wrote:

Or solar system evolves in the true sense because Charles Darwin s mechanism can be observed.

Do you understand?

Paul.

NO, and neither do you.
scott1328

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2340  Postby pfrankinstein » Apr 14, 2022 6:50 pm

scott1328 wrote:
pfrankinstein wrote:

Do you understand?

Paul.

NO, and neither do you.

You know your "cause" from your "effect" I presume?

https://youtu.be/jNi5W_MoObM

Paul.
pfrankinstein

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Pseudoscience