Your place on the psychopathic spectrum

Studies of mental functions, behaviors and the nervous system.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Your place on the psychopathic spectrum

#81  Postby The_Piper » Aug 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Emmeline wrote:
The_Piper wrote:
Emmeline wrote:I probably should be ashamed of myself but being such a psychopath, I can only laugh at the results. :evilgrin:

:lol:
A good personality test would have more than 11 questions, and an interview by a professional, so there's hope for you...all. :tongue:
And I might not be as goody two shoes as this test suggests. :evilgrin:

I've just realised that my score isn't as high as I thought because it's 6 points lower than the average male score. :lol:

We're cool again. :tongue:
45% isn't that high, just higher than we'd expect because you seem so nice. :angel:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#82  Postby Emmeline » Aug 27, 2014 7:28 pm

The_Piper wrote:
Emmeline wrote:
The_Piper wrote:
Emmeline wrote:I probably should be ashamed of myself but being such a psychopath, I can only laugh at the results. :evilgrin:

A good personality test would have more than 11 questions, and an interview by a professional, so there's hope for you...all. :tongue:

I've just realised that my score isn't as high as I thought because it's 6 points lower than the average male score. :lol:

45% isn't that high, just higher than we'd expect because you seem so nice. :angel:

I AM nice :waah:

It's the skydiving that made me a psychopath - just tried it again but DD the skydiving answer & I get 36%!!! That's 3 points less than the average female & 14 points less than the average male!! Hooray - I'm nice again! :dance:

I'm not though because I would love to go skydiving (even though I'd be scared, it would be exhilarating). :mrgreen:
Emmeline

Print view this post

#83  Postby Rumraket » Aug 27, 2014 7:44 pm

Sooo, where does a softie like me go to get a nice girl huh? :( Doesn't any body just want to hold hands and look at the stars? :lol:
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#84  Postby The_Piper » Aug 27, 2014 8:29 pm

Emmeline wrote:
The_Piper wrote:
Emmeline wrote:
The_Piper wrote:

I AM nice :waah:

It's the skydiving that made me a psychopath - just tried it again but DD the skydiving answer & I get 36%!!! That's 3 points less than the average female & 14 points less than the average male!! Hooray - I'm nice again! :dance:

I'm not though because I would love to go skydiving (even though I'd be scared, it would be exhilarating). :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: I didn't mean that you're not nice. Sorry my wording was bad. :doh: :shifty:
Skydiving would be an ultimate horror for me. Even worse than a fly landing on me in a public restroom. :teef: j/k, though that would be horrific too. :tongue:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#85  Postby Emmeline » Aug 27, 2014 8:34 pm

It's all good Piper - I know you like me - nearly everybody does (see there's the inflated ego again! :lol: )
Emmeline

Print view this post

#86  Postby Emmeline » Aug 27, 2014 8:43 pm

Rumraket wrote:Sooo, where does a softie like me go to get a nice girl huh? :( Doesn't any body just want to hold hands and look at the stars? :lol:

That sounds very romantic - I'm sure you'd have girls queuing up to join you if that's what you asked them to do (although as you're in Norway perhaps it's best to pick a warm evening or take a flask of hot chocolate).
Emmeline

Print view this post

#87  Postby kiore » Aug 27, 2014 9:53 pm

Emmeline wrote:
Rumraket wrote:Sooo, where does a softie like me go to get a nice girl huh? :( Doesn't any body just want to hold hands and look at the stars? :lol:

That sounds very romantic - I'm sure you'd have girls queuing up to join you if that's what you asked them to do (although as you're in Norway perhaps it's best to pick a warm evening or take a flask of hot chocolate).

Danish flag :shifty:
Folding@Home Team member.
What does this stuff mean?
Read here:
general-science/folding-home-team-182116-t616.html
kiore
Senior Moderator

Print view this post

#88  Postby Made of Stars » Aug 28, 2014 10:27 am

36%
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#89  Postby Emmeline » Aug 28, 2014 10:37 am

kiore wrote:
Emmeline wrote:

Danish flag :shifty:

So it is - I didn't look closely enough. :oops:
Emmeline

Print view this post

#90  Postby Ironclad » Aug 28, 2014 12:30 pm

Devon turns normals into psychopaths; I lived there for a while.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#91  Postby pelfdaddy » Aug 28, 2014 4:22 pm

I just realized something new, by taking the survey.

I am very sentimental and empathetic. I get teary-eyed at sad movies and dying kittens. I love my kids and am very romantic. But when decisions have to be made, I eliminate the emotions and deal only with facts and math. When others panic, I stay calm, and when everyone freezes in an emergency, I act. I always realized this has something to do with an ability to compartmentalize emotion when necessary, but I never IMAGINED it was a species of sociopathy!

Fuckin' whoa!
pelfdaddy

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#92  Postby Emmeline » Aug 28, 2014 5:21 pm

pelfdaddy wrote:I just realized something new, by taking the survey.

I am very sentimental and empathetic. I get teary-eyed at sad movies and dying kittens. I love my kids and am very romantic. But when decisions have to be made, I eliminate the emotions and deal only with facts and math. When others panic, I stay calm, and when everyone freezes in an emergency, I act. I always realized this has something to do with an ability to compartmentalize emotion when necessary, but I never IMAGINED it was a species of sociopathy!

Fuckin' whoa!

What was your score? The average male score is 51%
Emmeline

Print view this post

#93  Postby Emmeline » Aug 28, 2014 5:21 pm

Ironclad wrote:Devon turns normals into psychopaths; I lived there for a while.

:lol: Have you recovered yet?
Emmeline

Print view this post

#94  Postby tuco » Aug 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Am I the only one here who does not believe what people tell about themselves?
tuco

Print view this post

#95  Postby pelfdaddy » Aug 28, 2014 5:52 pm

Tuco,

I agree that people are poor self-surveyors and unreliable self-reporters, which is why I would only feel comfortable having the discussion on a forum like this one, where many participants, including myself, are as dedicated to objectivity as anyone.

I scored 39.
pelfdaddy

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#96  Postby Calilasseia » Aug 28, 2014 6:26 pm

With respect to the skydiving question, I suspect that high risk activities are less of an indicator of incipient psychopathy, when the individual is young and free of responsibilities, than it is when the individual has considerable responsibilities to others, including offspring. After all, for many species, taking risks is part of the process required to acquire offspring type responsibilities in the first place. :)

Likewise, being, for want of a better term, 'ruthlessly' analytical, when it comes to problem solving, need not have an impact upon empathy and compassion. What matters is whether or not one presses that analytical capability into relevant service toward compassionate goals.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#97  Postby Ironclad » Aug 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Emmeline wrote:
Ironclad wrote:Devon turns normals into psychopaths; I lived there for a while.

:lol: Have you recovered yet?

Do you think that is ever possible? :waah:
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#98  Postby pelfdaddy » Aug 29, 2014 2:52 am

Cali,

I agree with that, and it brings to mind the image of Robspierre gazing down upon a queue of aristocrats being carted from the jail to Madame Guillotine and sighing, "It's a shame, but something HAD to be done." Not quite the same as the responsibilities of the triage physician.
pelfdaddy

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#99  Postby pelfdaddy » Aug 29, 2014 2:53 am

My girlfriend slam-dunked an 18.
pelfdaddy

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous