Re: Back WOW after 7 years

#121  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 31, 2014 7:07 pm

:yay:
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_103114_193631.jpg
WoWScrnShot_103114_193631.jpg (259.87 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
WoWScrnShot_103114_193624.jpg
WoWScrnShot_103114_193624.jpg (238.78 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#122  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Talking about the good old days:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#123  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 02, 2014 9:18 pm

Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#124  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 02, 2014 9:32 pm

Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#125  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 02, 2014 9:41 pm

These made me :lol: so hard.

Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#126  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 03, 2014 4:26 am

They were pretty good, the Back in My Day one was great. All too often you hear people ranting about how it was all better back in the day. It so often ends up being about feeling smarter and better than new players, that the people who played back in the day had it harder so are better players all around. You see it a lot in the retro gaming community as well, that people who play older harder games must be better players and people.

Its all a load of bollocks of cause, based on altering reality to ensure that the person feels superior to others.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#127  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 03, 2014 8:03 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:Australia is getting servers....AUSTRALIA IS GETTING SERVERS AT LAST.

How this is going to work with all the Aussies playing on the Oceanic servers I don't know. If I get a chance to jump to a new Aussie server I will.

If this happens and some of you antipodean folk get a guild going, I might even be persuaded to come back and play for a while!

I only played for 6 months on release, but as I ended up playing solo the entire time on account of being in a time zone on the other side of the world to all my friends, I quickly abandoned it and played a single player server instead! ;)
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#128  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 03, 2014 9:17 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:They were pretty good, the Back in My Day one was great. All too often you hear people ranting about how it was all better back in the day. It so often ends up being about feeling smarter and better than new players, that the people who played back in the day had it harder so are better players all around. You see it a lot in the retro gaming community as well, that people who play older harder games must be better players and people.

Its all a load of bollocks of cause, based on altering reality to ensure that the person feels superior to others.

:nod:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#129  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 03, 2014 1:37 pm

Got the Albino Drake for getting 50 mounts, exalted the Shattered Sun Offensive, started some rep grinds for Aldor rep as well as Lower City, killed Onyxia but didn't get a mount drop, no Raven Lord drop and have 2000 rep to go and Silvermoon City is exalted the last of the exalteds needed for Ambassador title. Not a bad day at all.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#130  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 03, 2014 1:44 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:Got the Albino Drake for getting 50 mounts, exalted the Shattered Sun Offensive, started some rep grinds for Aldor rep as well as Lower City, killed Onyxia but didn't get a mount drop, no Raven Lord drop and have 2000 rep to go and Silvermoon City is exalted the last of the exalteds needed for Ambassador title. Not a bad day at all.

Still need silly Gnomes on my Alliance main for Ambassador.
Levelling my Orc Warlock though, cause my friends going to play his Horde char first when the expansion hits.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#131  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Thinking of farming some more gold, so I can buy The Vial of Sands on AH, 'cause I can't be arsed to level archeology and alchemy and pray to the RNG gods for the recipe to drop.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#132  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 03, 2014 2:35 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
DarthHelmet86 wrote:Australia is getting servers....AUSTRALIA IS GETTING SERVERS AT LAST.

How this is going to work with all the Aussies playing on the Oceanic servers I don't know. If I get a chance to jump to a new Aussie server I will.

If this happens and some of you antipodean folk get a guild going, I might even be persuaded to come back and play for a while!

I only played for 6 months on release, but as I ended up playing solo the entire time on account of being in a time zone on the other side of the world to all my friends, I quickly abandoned it and played a single player server instead! ;)

The servers in Aus are up now, they used an extended maintenance to move all the Oceanic servers over to them. So far I am the only person from this side of the world talking about the game so I doubt we could find enough to make a guild. I would love to have a guild of Rat Skep players on the Oceanic servers, I just don't see it happening at the moment.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#133  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 03, 2014 2:38 pm

If Blizz ever implemented cross server guilds, count me in.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#134  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 03, 2014 2:42 pm

They would need to allow cross region guilds before anything like that could happen. And since they don't allow cross region friends on the launcher which isn't tied to any region I doubt it will happen anytime soon in game. The Europe servers have differences from the USA/Oceanic ones as well. Recently in Brewfest a quest was removed from the Europe servers for promoting drinking...in a event that was a copy of a real life European event that is all about promoting drinking.

Then there are the large differences with say the China realm, which has no undead of any sort. In game realm crossing is not going to happen until all realms have the same content. And that wont happen until the regulations Blizzard is obeying are all the same.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#135  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 03, 2014 2:54 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:They would need to allow cross region guilds before anything like that could happen.

That's what I meant, cross regional servers.

DarthHelmet86 wrote:And since they don't allow cross region friends on the launcher which isn't tied to any region I doubt it will happen anytime soon in game. The Europe servers have differences from the USA/Oceanic ones as well. Recently in Brewfest a quest was removed from the Europe servers for promoting drinking...in a event that was a copy of a real life European event that is all about promoting drinking.

:facepalm:

DarthHelmet86 wrote:Then there are the large differences with say the China realm, which has no undead of any sort. In game realm crossing is not going to happen until all realms have the same content. And that wont happen until the regulations Blizzard is obeying are all the same.

To bad.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#136  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 03, 2014 3:01 pm

On a different note, I feel it's quite unfair that PvP heirloom gear can be acquired through simply PvP-ing, whereas the only way to get PvE heirloom gear is through the Darkmoon Faire tickets.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#137  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 03, 2014 3:09 pm

That isn't the only way, it drops form dungeons and raids as well as being for sale from guilds.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#138  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 03, 2014 3:50 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:That isn't the only way, it drops form dungeons and raids as well as being for sale from guilds.

Shoulders and chestpieces cant be bought through the guild and in which dungeons/raids would they drop then?
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#139  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 03, 2014 3:56 pm

I know that Garry drops some BoA items, people are always talking about them. I have seen other BoA armours linked in chat that people were talking about dropping from bosses but never looked into it.
I. This is Not a Game
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#140  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 03, 2014 4:04 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:I know that Garry drops some BoA items, people are always talking about them.

According to WoWhead they're all weapons.

DarthHelmet86 wrote: I have seen other BoA armours linked in chat that people were talking about dropping from bosses but never looked into it.

Apparently you can get them with seal from the Argent Tournament:
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1751
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games