I'm re-writing the bible

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: I'm re-writing the bible

#141  Postby Ian Tattum » Jun 28, 2010 2:13 pm

Agrippina wrote:Thamks petwo.
Yes, on the reading thing. I'm coming to the conclusion that believers read and analyses only the main story and not the finer details. I like to compare this writing to Herodotus simply because they were written around the same time, more or less, yet the one is coherent , sequential, interesting, and fun to read while the other is just tedious, badly-written and badly translated nonsense.

The story of the Exodus for one thing is so weak, it's nothing at all like it's told in movies and in story books. I expected a magnificent piece of writing detailing the event and then it turns out to be a few verses and that's it, but almost a whole chapter on the design of the Ark of the Covenant, and no one ever questions the impossibility of a few 24-carat gold rings being able to bear the weight of it, but not only that, that the gold has to be 'pure' previously unused, and untouched, and where it came from?

The OT narrative is made a mess by all the authors( name unknown provenance only guessed) who have added their commentary. Because they also regarded the texts and stories confronting them as in some way sacred they also left much of what they found untouched and made little attempt to disguise their hand. Imagine the Iliad if Socrates and then Alexander the Great had had a chance to amend the original!
Ian Tattum

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#142  Postby Agrippina » Jun 28, 2010 2:29 pm

I don't understand why the felt that they had to repeat the same instructions twice, possibly only because they were doing what I'm doing, i.e. writing down what I'm reading to make sense of it, and then they just left their notes lying around and the person who made the notes got their notes added into the compiled test. You see that especially with the chapter when Moshe goes back up the mountain. The Sabbath observance is a big deal, possibly because they weren't taking time off or something like that and maybe the repetition of the whole tabernacle building was a "oh wow" how wasteful moment.

Interesting that gold that they used to build the ark of the covenant is worth something like 29 billion Pounds Sterling today. Some wealth????
Last edited by Agrippina on Jun 29, 2010 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#143  Postby petwo » Jun 29, 2010 12:59 am

Agrippina wrote: On to Leviticus next but I think I’ll relax and return to the world of sanity and realiity, IE televison.

Remember #7....no other gods before Him :evilgrin:

meat must not be cooked in its mother’s milk, which explains why Jews don’t use cheease sauce with meat.

Religious banquet etiquette is utterly absurd. People would rather starve than risk upsetting God. I can't even explain how stupid that notion is. It's unbelievably cruel to convince someone that this is what God wants. I'll say it again, theism is not about believing in God but believing in God's messengers (supposed). I swear I'm an atheist not because I don't believe in God but because I don't believe the people who do. The Bible, written or endorsed by theists, with its multitude of errors is proof that the scribes in this case are full of shit. It is blatantly obvious, but they tell a nice story. It's like forgetting a lie and revealing your true self. What a bizarre little world.
I swear I'm an atheist not because I don't believe in God but because I don't believe the people who do.
petwo

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#144  Postby Agrippina » Jun 29, 2010 8:51 am

petwo wrote:
Agrippina wrote: On to Leviticus next but I think I’ll relax and return to the world of sanity and realiity, IE televison.

Remember #7....no other gods before Him :evilgrin:

meat must not be cooked in its mother’s milk, which explains why Jews don’t use cheease sauce with meat.

Religious banquet etiquette is utterly absurd. People would rather starve than risk upsetting God. I can't even explain how stupid that notion is. It's unbelievably cruel to convince someone that this is what God wants. I'll say it again, theism is not about believing in God but believing in God's messengers (supposed). I swear I'm an atheist not because I don't believe in God but because I don't believe the people who do. The Bible, written or endorsed by theists, with its multitude of errors is proof that the scribes in this case are full of shit. It is blatantly obvious, but they tell a nice story. It's like forgetting a lie and revealing your true self. What a bizarre little world.

Reading through the first part of Leviticus this morning, I've found a lot of explanations for the ritual surrounding food and it makes sense. When you're dealing with what are basically desert nomads, telling them what and what not to eat from a pure health point of view makes sense. The ritual is merely to put the superstition in place so that people will obey. It's basically arguing from the position of authority, and the authority that superstitious people obey will be the thing they are superstitious about, in this case, God.

All the way to chapter 11, Leviticus goes on about the consecreation of Aaron and his sons and the tabernacle with lots of meat killing and ritual burning and so on. But then in Chapter 11 it gets interesting and the prohibitions make sense. What makes it interesing is that the person who wrote the rules, obviously knew something about simple hygiene and the danger of eating meat-eating animals, especially in a a very hot climate which is what the ME is. A simple rule of thumb would be to not eat animals, any land or sea animal that eats meat, to wash thoroughly after handling raw meat and to not drink water contaminated by dead animals. I suppose to instill this, they had to say that some God that will “smite” them said so.

Chapter 12 deals with childbirth. Circumcision on the 8th day and a month of “uncleanness” for a woman who has just given birth. Now while some people may say that women aren’t ‘unclean’ when they are bleeding, it makes sense. Child-bed fever kills. If a woman has sex while she is bleeding she stands a chance of contracting an infection. To tell horny men to stay away from bleeding women, it makes a lot of sense if they don’t understand how germs work, to say she is “unclean.” This is also more hygieene than cursing. I'm not going to discuss the pros and cons of circumcision here. It's not up for debate. If someone wants to fight about it,please take the fight elsewhere. This is just discussion of the laws and circumcision for whatever the reason was, was a law. It could simply have been that they knew the Egyptians did it and copied the practice from them.

Chapter 13 refers to infectious diseases. Of course they weren’t able to identify which diseases would heal and which wouldn’t so if the disease appeared to be just a minor boil or dandruff or dry scalp or acne, then the infected person was kept apart in 7 day cycles until it cleared up. This explains the huge numbers of ‘lepers’ in biblical times. Most cases probably weren’t real leprosy but could even have been hives, eczema or some other chronic skin problem. To play it safe a blanket pronouncement of leprosey was enough to keep people from causing real plagues. In some ways it makes sense.

Chapter 14 deals with the cleansing of someone who has recovered from an infectious disease and then goes on to deal with ways of dealing with buildings that are infected by mould and mildew. Interesting that these ancient people understood that a sick house can cause people to become ill.

Chapter 15 deals with matters such as premature ejaculation and women’s mensturation and persistent bleeding, a side-effect of polyps and cancer. It makes sense to say they are ‘unclean’and to force them to wash themselves and their clothes and bedding. Mere hygiene. Then goes on to institute the rites of the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) on the 10th day of the 7th month.

Chapter 16 deals with the death of Aaron’s sons, he is ordered to come to the tabernacle to recover from his mourning, and chapter 17 deals with the worship of ‘devils’ and making offerings to other deities outside of the camp. All animals killed outside the camp as sacrifice must be brought to the temple. Chapter 18 goes on about all the sex crimes, including those committed by Abraham and Moses’ father. No sleeping with anyone close to you and no animals nor homosexuality (verse 18).
A lot of this makes sense. Telling people to not have children with their close family because God said so would make sense in a society where people have large families and live close to each other., and today we know why.
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#145  Postby Agrippina » Jun 29, 2010 10:39 am

This on the second part of Leviticus:
Interesting about the meat after a night and o eating of leftovers. It makes sense. Again living in a hot climate cooked food would turn bad overnight, so to not get ill, simply tell them not to eat it.
It goes on about making provision for the poor and being kind to the handicapped, judging people by their worth and not the monetary vale, gossiping, picking fights, selling your daughter as a whore, vengeance, being honest in measurements and treating people who are staying with you as family.

What I do have a problem with is hybrid cattle, grain and mixed cloth. I don’t see the logic unless the ancients thought that people would create new species without God’s hand in the creation by hybridisation. I do have a problemw ith God interefering in other people sex lives and with not eating fruit until after having given the fourth year’s harvest to the priests.

Chapter 20 deals with Molech: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moloch
Anyone worshipping or allowing their children to worship this Semitic god, is to be put to death by stoning. It is possible that they were in touch with people who worshipped this god, heence the direct prohibiiton. It goes on about various sins and their punishment and ends with the killing of witches. And 21, about how priests have to be perfect specimens of manhood, no blind, lame wtc, and they have to marry virgins. There seems to be some problem with people who touch the dead.
The prohibition against marrying outside the faith comes in here. If a priest’s daughter maries outside the faith, she may not eat the holy meat at the priest’s table.

Chapter 21 repeats the details of the festivals, the Sabbath, Passover, Yom Kippur and Succoth (Feast of the Tabernacles), the fast and the celebration of the harvest. Then it goes on about how to grow crops for seven years and then leave one year fallow and how after forty-nine years there should be a jubilee for living in the new land and how to take care of poor family members.

Chapter 26 is a good cop-out. God promises them peace and prosperity but then threatens how he will disperse them and make them long for home if they don’t keep his covenant. This explains Jewish guilt. They are to live peacefully and obedient and then when they are attacked and dispersed, it’s their fault because they did something wrong, thereby invoking the wrath of God. This is another indication that this was written in exile. All the guilt feelings about their various wars and the splitting of the tribes caused this to be written. And in the last chapter, a complicated description of money to be paid, for redemption, but essentially a poll tax.

There is a lot of criticism of the blood-letting in the whole ritual animal-sacrifice ritual. I agree it is violent and nasty, but looking at it from the point of view of the period in which these people were living and the idea that appeasing the gods with animal-sacrifice was part of the culture of the time, it has to be overlooked to an extent. In today’s world, animal sacrifice is practiced all the time in abattoirs, in mass-farming, animal transport. So I find the criticism a little hypocrtical in view of the time, and the attitude that people today still have about cold-bloodedly eating meat. There is a whole thread dedicated to this subject, so this is merely a mention.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#146  Postby angelo » Jun 29, 2010 11:24 am

Mankind thinks it has superiority over any living thing below himself. Every living creature below him is fair game. It's always been like that since the year dot.
Nature is cruel. It's man eat man, and animals of all kinds, including the highly intelligent dolphins and whales are regarded as only food, nothing else.
Sorry to derail this thread, but even though I'm not a vegetarian, I hate cruelty of any kind to any animal.
angelo

Name: angelo barbato
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#147  Postby Agrippina » Jun 29, 2010 12:17 pm

angelo wrote:Mankind thinks it has superiority over any living thing below himself. Every living creature below him is fair game. It's always been like that since the year dot.
Nature is cruel. It's man eat man, and animals of all kinds, including the highly intelligent dolphins and whales are regarded as only food, nothing else.
Sorry to derail this thread, but even though I'm not a vegetarian, I hate cruelty of any kind to any animal.

I am a vegetarian, and I abhor the way people use animals, but i can understand what is basically prehistoric man thinking that his wealth, i.e. livestock being slowly bled to death at an altar would appease the gods. There are people who still do this today, knowing that it is nothing but tradition, it still has value for them. What annoys me about the whole biblical thing is that if this God was supposed to be all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful etc, why didn't he simply make everything perfect and why should he need this kind of appeasing?
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#148  Postby Agrippina » Jun 30, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm very busily counting numbers and adjusting these posts for my blog.
I'll post some observations here tomorrow. Please take a look at my blog, in my signature.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#149  Postby johnbrandt » Jun 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Some interesting points there. I've also read through Leviticus and suspected parts of it might be some sort of "rule book" to advise the tribesmen how to look after themselves, but which has been written into a religious tome threatening gods wrath if they don't follow it.
It would be kind of like a doctor today being instructed at medical school to wash his hands before and after treating a patient, and when he asks "why?", he isn't given a long explanation of germs and antisepsis, but merely told "god will be angry if you don't".
If the person is rational-minded, he will find this very odd and puzzling...but if he is a firm and solid bible-thumping christian who has been brought up to believe totally in god, he might very well say "Oh, Ok, that sounds about right...I'd better do it then".
"One could spend their life looking for the perfect cherry blossom...and it would not be a wasted life"
johnbrandt

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#150  Postby Agrippina » Jul 01, 2010 2:40 am

johnbrandt wrote:Some interesting points there. I've also read through Leviticus and suspected parts of it might be some sort of "rule book" to advise the tribesmen how to look after themselves, but which has been written into a religious tome threatening gods wrath if they don't follow it.
It would be kind of like a doctor today being instructed at medical school to wash his hands before and after treating a patient, and when he asks "why?", he isn't given a long explanation of germs and antisepsis, but merely told "god will be angry if you don't".
If the person is rational-minded, he will find this very odd and puzzling...but if he is a firm and solid bible-thumping christian who has been brought up to believe totally in god, he might very well say "Oh, Ok, that sounds about right...I'd better do it then".

Yes, exactly why people think we need a god, otherwise "where do you get your morality?"
What I'm finding particularly annoying about the 'rule book' is how much time and money is wasted on the 'tabernacle' but I now understand why people in the Dark Ages built churches before they built schools and hospitals -- because that's the way the exiles did it.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#151  Postby Agrippina » Jul 01, 2010 4:23 am

Numbers begins with the census that Moses is commanded by God to take of the people who are descended from each of the tribes., on the 1st day of the 2nd month of the 2nd year of their exile (This date is important).

All the tribes, other than the Levites who are the priests, are to be counted for service in war and their camps are designated around the outside of the Levites who camp around the tabernacle.

Reuben (south) leads the group made up of the descendants of Reuben, Simeon and Gad.
Judah (west) the group made up of Judah, Issachar and Zebulun.
Dan (north) the group made up of Dan, Asher and Napthali.
And Joseph’s two sons’ descendants make up the other group under Ephraim, Manasseh (Joseph’s other son) and Benjamin.
These are the 12 warrior tribes of Israel.

The descendants of Levi are treated differently, hence the use of Joseph's sons' names rather than 'Joseph.' They are appointed as priests under Aaron’s descendant Izehar, the high priest. Only the descendants of Gershon are allowed into the Holy of Holies. Anyone else who enters will be put to death. The rest of the family are to take care of the outside of the tabernacle, the children of Gershon, the service and accoutrements and the descdenats of Merari, the buildings.

Jealousy seems to feature in the ancient mindset. If a man is jealous of his wife and suspects her of cheating, he can accuse her to the priest. She has to defend herself, and if she swears innocence, she gets to conceive a child for the jealous husband but if she admits her guilt, she will be cursed and he flesh witll rot. Nothing happens to her co-accused. This comes after lepers and other infected people are thrown out of the camp.

A few things about chapter 7. Untold numbers of animals are killed, burned eaten and waved, and unbelievable amounts of jewellery handed over. There are suppoedly over 100,000 people in the crowd and each one has to offer something of value. The amount of blood, carion birds hovering around, and a mass slaughter the likes of which the earth has never seen again, yet there is no an iota of physical archeological evidence of this event? This is in the second month of the second year since the departure from Egypt, over a period of 12 days in which no sabbath is observed in this lust for blood-letting.

In Chapter 8, the whole priest consecration is performed for the umpteeth time and in Chapter 9 Moses is told to hold the Passover on the 14th day of that month. In the exodus from Egypt ( Num 7:54) , Moses was told to hold the Passover in the first month of the year. (10th day of the 1st month in Chapter 12 of Exodus), Two years later it is changed to two days after the sanctification of the Tabernacle. In a matter of a few days, people who have no paper and no writing, are able to count over 100,000 men and their women and female children, rearrange their tents, clean up the mess after the slaughter, burn all the carcases, got through the ritual for ordaining the priests and then spend seven days performing more ritual slaughter and observing the Passover.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#152  Postby johnbrandt » Jul 01, 2010 6:18 am

Of course, none of what I said excuses these leaders and teachers from, instead of saying "because God said to do it that way", actually teaching people why they should do it that way, telling them the reasoning behind it, instead of just claiming it's "gods will".

Getting onto my hand-washing doctor analogy, instead of telling him, when he asks "why" that god will be angry if he doesn't do it, sit down and take the time to tell him the science behind why he should wash his hands to keep the germs at bay.

Keeping the people stupid never made any religious leader poor though, did it...?
"One could spend their life looking for the perfect cherry blossom...and it would not be a wasted life"
johnbrandt

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#153  Postby Agrippina » Jul 01, 2010 7:08 am

johnbrandt wrote:Of course, none of what I said excuses these leaders and teachers from, instead of saying "because God said to do it that way", actually teaching people why they should do it that way, telling them the reasoning behind it, instead of just claiming it's "gods will".

Getting onto my hand-washing doctor analogy, instead of telling him, when he asks "why" that god will be angry if he doesn't do it, sit down and take the time to tell him the science behind why he should wash his hands to keep the germs at bay.

Keeping the people stupid never made any religious leader poor though, did it...?

Have you read The cry and the Covenant? It's the biography, Semmelwiess, the man who proved that simple hand-washing would prevent puerperal sepsis (childbed fever) which used to kill women in untold numbers until he introduced antisepsis in hospitals. When he lectured and showed his proof, i.e. deaths dropping from 90% to around 1% in a matter of weeks in a maternity ward, to a committee of doctors, they wouldn't believe him. I suppose if he'd said that god came to him in a vision and told him to do it, they might've been more inclined to follow. I don't know that lecturing ignorant people about hygiene actually does make a difference to their behaviour, and that if why people still believe in God.

But you're right. In the whole 40-year period that the Hebrews were wandering around the desert, the only people who didn't suffer from malnutrition were the priests who got to eat the meat slaughtered for their rituals, while the rest of the population had to eat manna that looked like dung and tasted like coriander.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#154  Postby Agrippina » Jul 01, 2010 7:53 am

After the sanctifying of the tabernacle, Numbers goes into events that explain Jewish ritual and tradition. Moses is told to get silver trumpets made. These are to be used to gather the people, as is told in Num11:21, 600,000 of them, and mobilise them. They have to follow a cloud, if it stops for a day or a month, they have to take up the camp and the tabernacle and get moving. This could be interesting, watching 600,000 people break camp March, and put up camp in one day. Then they complain about eating only manna, (It tasted like coriander seed, and the colour was as bdellium.) [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bdellium [/url]

In Ex 16:13, it is explained that they got manna in the morning and quail at night. But then in Num 11:31 is it said that God sends the quail, enough until it “runs out of their noses.” Then he “smites” them again, with a plague, this after he’s already burned the people on the outskirts of the camp for complaining about their lot.

When Miriam and Araon whine about Moses’ Ethiopian wife. God gets annoyed about this, punishes Miriam (not Aaron) with a plague and throws her out of the camp for a week, making the whole camp wait for her to recover before they can move on.

Moses sends scouts to see the lie of the land, one man from each tribe. They come back reporting about where the various people live and that they are ‘giants’ who can’t be overcome. The people, on hearing this, complain that they want to go back rather than face the giants, so God curses them that they will wander for 40 years until they die. Some of them go up to the mountain to see the land, they get killed by the people living on the mountain. And a man gets stoned for gathering sticks on the Sabbath.

In Chapter 15 there is an explanation for the wearing of a fringed shawl.

In biblical times, most clothing consisted of a four-cornered rectangle of cloth, direct from the loom, which was draped and fastened around the body. In modern times, people tend to wear more tailored clothing, which often does not consist of four corners. So a special four-cornered garment called a Tallit, which is somewhat like a shawl, is worn by those who want to fulfill the commandment to wear Tzitzit. The only religious significance of the Tallit is that it holds the Tzitzit on its corners. http://judaism.about.com/od/worshipritu ... t_what.htm

Some of the minor priests demand that Moses and Aaron step down from their elevated positions, God opens up a crater and swallows them up including all the animals and family members who belong to them, and then when their families run away, they get blasted by fire and the people who complain in shock, are ‘smitten’ by a plague, 14,700 people killed by a plague that’s not defined. The Moses shows them the rod bearing Aaron’s name that has blossomed and borne almonds and they accept Aaron as the high priest. When I commented on this to my husband, that I can't imagine people worshipping this god, he said that it was fear. The whole premise of religion is fear, fear of what will happen to you if you don't and fear of death, and fear of life generally and getting comfort from allowing this powerful god to take responsibility.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#155  Postby johnbrandt » Jul 01, 2010 8:26 am

You could well be right about Semmelwiess...he was treated absolutely shamefully, and died in obscurity.
johnbrandt

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#156  Postby Agrippina » Jul 01, 2010 8:32 am

johnbrandt wrote:You could well be right about Semmelwiess...he was treated absolutely shamefully, and died in obscurity.

Yep, religion doing its very best work there. :roll:
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#157  Postby angelo » Jul 01, 2010 9:51 am

We in Australia have a new PM. A woman at that. She has come out and admitted she's atheist. The morning papers and talk back radio has had a field day with the news. People calling up the radio station saying they cannot ever vote for a person who has no belief in god.
This is the state the world is in today still. A world deluded by the god virus. A people who would rather vote for some idiot who believes in the talking snake of Genesis rather than a rational thinker who will make decisions based on what is best for the country rather than if gawd approves of decisions made.
angelo

Name: angelo barbato
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#158  Postby johnbrandt » Jul 01, 2010 12:01 pm

angelo wrote:We in Australia have a new PM. A woman at that. She has come out and admitted she's atheist. The morning papers and talk back radio has had a field day with the news. People calling up the radio station saying they cannot ever vote for a person who has no belief in god.
This is the state the world is in today still. A world deluded by the god virus. A people who would rather vote for some idiot who believes in the talking snake of Genesis rather than a rational thinker who will make decisions based on what is best for the country rather than if gawd approves of decisions made.

The comments in letters to the editor are amazing...stuff like, and I quote from todays paper, "For the first time in Australian history we have a leader who says she doesn't believe in God. may God have mercy on us", and "How can we expect Julia to answer to the people when she believes she doesn't have to answer to God?"

This is the standard that we have in the wider community...it doesn't matter if a small (and yes, it is small) percentage of the community is athiest...there is a large section that isn't, and is very vocal about it. They also think that anyone who doesn't believe in god can't be trusted...honestly, they do believe this...not in a "god will show them the error of thier ways" mentality, but they believe that you simply can't be trusted.
Imagine if, during a US Presidential election, a candidate came right out and said he didn't believe in god? He'd be lucky to make it out of the capital alive! For christs sake, over there, they have "In God We Trust" on the damn money. They reckon a black man who was elected President has to watch out for being assassinated...imagine what would happen to an athiest who managed, somehow, to get voted in? I'd bet in his opening address he wouldn't get past "My Fellow Americans" before someone aired out his skull for him...

Gillard, our new PM, is treading a very very dangerous path...she might win a small section of the community over, but she's just shat on the heads of a massive part of the community by saying this. I mean, good on her for having the guts to say it, but jeez...I wouldn't have done it when the polls are so close...
johnbrandt

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#159  Postby Alan B » Jul 01, 2010 12:09 pm

angelo wrote:We in Australia have a new PM. A woman at that. She has come out and admitted she's atheist. The morning papers and talk back radio has had a field day with the news. People calling up the radio station saying they cannot ever vote for a person who has no belief in god.

As an aside, perhaps she will remove the tax concessions the religions enjoy.
Last edited by Alan B on Jul 01, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#160  Postby Alan B » Jul 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Just read all 8 pages. Good work Agrippina. Can't wait for your take on the Songs of Soloman...

When you eventually get to the NT, I found Bart Erhman's books 'Lost Christianities' & 'Lost Scriptures' to be very informative. They basically show what a politically contrived load of nonsense the Christian religion is.

:cheers:

Edit: Scriptures instead of Testaments :oops:
Last edited by Alan B on Jul 01, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Christianity