The ramifications of blockchain technology?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#601  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 04, 2020 4:48 am

jamest wrote:I've never claimed that I went to university/etc. to study economics. From the onset, I've explained that my resources for study were either online or books. I've even paid for courses online.

The bottom=line is that I've put in hundreds of hours, if not thousands, trying to learn about the subject, for a good two years. So,
go away.



The bottom line is that you never mentioned all these 'thousands of hours' until now.

The bottom line is that your claims lack credibility.

The bottom line is that you're just trying, as you always do, to claim authority.

It's a bit like the Boy Who Cried Wolf, only difference being that the wolf in the story was actually plausible.

At what point does it sink in that grandiose self-promotion is not just failing to have the desired effect, but actually results in the exact opposite?

What boggles me is how pointless it is anyway. Even if it were true, which I don't for a moment believe, it would just mean you spent thousands of hours and have no apparent knowledge to show for it. Nothing you've written exhibits any deep understanding of economics - quite the contrary; there's lots of indications that you're blagging and that you are repeating words without understanding their function.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27415
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#602  Postby OlivierK » Apr 04, 2020 6:20 am

jamest wrote:There's lots of people out there with similar views to myself. Even smart/rich people. I stumbled across this person tonight, someone you've all probably heard of, John McAfee (internet security founder thereof). He has similar views to me, though not identical. If you're bored, listen to what he has to say about the 'apocalypse':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9P5EI-qURQ

Yeah, I'm sure you'll find some reason to discount him too.

I think it's pretty likely people will find reasons to discount whatever McAfee says in that video (which I'd need to be far more bored than I am to watch) because John McAfee is a fucking nutbar, the IT world's equivalent of Joe Exotic.
User avatar
OlivierK
 
Posts: 9547
Age: 53
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#603  Postby tuco » Apr 04, 2020 7:09 am

Please kindly explain what you're doing here then, to the members.


You, jamest, probably should explain to yourself what you're doing when replying to them.
tuco
 
Posts: 15462

Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#604  Postby Hermit » Apr 04, 2020 7:40 am

OlivierK wrote:
jamest wrote:There's lots of people out there with similar views to myself. Even smart/rich people. I stumbled across this person tonight, someone you've all probably heard of, John McAfee (internet security founder thereof). He has similar views to me, though not identical. If you're bored, listen to what he has to say about the 'apocalypse':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9P5EI-qURQ

Yeah, I'm sure you'll find some reason to discount him too.

I think it's pretty likely people will find reasons to discount whatever McAfee says in that video (which I'd need to be far more bored than I am to watch) because John McAfee is a fucking nutbar, the IT world's equivalent of Joe Exotic.

John McAfee also got badly burnt financially during the GFC. He put all his eggs in the same basket: Luxury mansions. As a result his net worth dropped from $100 million to $4 million. Of course he could not admit to having made a spectacular error of judgement. It had to be the economic system that was at fault, didn't it?

The GFC made it obvious that McAfee's grasp of economic realities was, shall we say, inadequate from the start. The traumatic financial disaster he suffered killed whatever capacity for dispassionate analysis of matters economic he might have possessed in 2008 and before.

People should check not only the bona fides (J McA has none in the field of economics) but also the track record (ouch) of alleged experts before trusting their advice. JamesT's trust seems (yup. that word again) to be based on the fact that McAfee says what James wants to hear.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Posts: 3695
Age: 67
Male

Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#605  Postby Fallible » Apr 04, 2020 11:09 am

jamest wrote:
Fallible wrote:
jamest wrote:
Fallible wrote:‘I’m not here as a financial expert, per se’????

You’re not here as a financial expert at all.

As I said in a previous post, there's no financial expert on the planet in terms of having the accredited awards, to deal with this crisis. There are only bright/savvy people, who have envisioned this crisis for several years.

The financial 'experts' of the 20th & 21st century have ALL been educated to think like Trump. All greedy bastards, who envisioned that the economy could be pumped for an eternity, with the occasional blip.

Wake the fuck up. These 'experts' are responsible for the MASSIVE economical disaster which is about to happen, which will undoubtedly kill about half the world's population.

I hope that you live long enough to see it, because your idiotic smugness is the kind of plague upon humanity which will kill most of us.


There’s something wrong with you, or you’re a long-term troll. How else could you still be typing like anyone takes anything you say seriously? How else can you still not have noticed, after being told scores of times, that you are without significance or respect here? NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK. YOUR THINKS ARE USELESS. That’s the first thing for you to absorb. The other is JUST BECAUSE NO ONE IS TAKING YOU SERIOUSLY, THAT DOESN’T MEAN THEY ARE NOT MAKING THEIR OWN PREPARATIONS, OR THINKING THAT EVERYTHING IS FINE.

Now - read those two things over several times. If you still keep on as you have been doing, we’ll know that you are deliberately misrepresenting people in order to cause problems.

No one cares what I think yet you've hounded and abused me for years, mostly in my own threads.


No no - the histrionics has been rumbled. You can stop now.

Please kindly explain what you're doing here then, to the members. )


To the members? You want me to explain to the members why I’m here? I don’t think you do. I think you want to indulge in histrionics with me being unreasonable, in order to divert attention from your own behaviour. I guarantee no member cares what thread I’m posting in.

If you weren't so ill I'd give you a fucking piece of my mind, but you've been hiding behind that for too long now, and in a realm where literally anyone of us could be dead within the next week, you've now lost the sympathy vote.


A nice example of why I respect nothing you say. You have been a tactless, inhumane individual regarding other people’s hardships for as long as I can remember. This was never something you were a human being about. When you decided to turn that on Scottnumbers, Spinozasgalt, me and others, while my usual point and laugh was temporarily disabled, you just lost any and all positive regard. You became a caricature. You still are. I’m not sure what you think you’re sparing me by not giving me a piece of your mind. Your worst appears to be just the same kind of formless, tactless, small-minded blab as you usually give off.

I don't really give a shit anyway. I'm just playing you at your own game. I wish you well, whatever.


You’re playing no one at anything. Stop being silly.

Oh, you got suspended. What an awful shame.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51079
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#606  Postby Fallible » Apr 04, 2020 11:13 am

Hermit wrote:
jamest wrote:you've now lost the my sympathy vote.

Image

Fallible will feel utterly shattered. I know because her emotional well being depends on your sympathy for her. She makes that clear in every post addressed to or about you.


Gutted. I was counting on James’s sympathy vote to make me not die.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51079
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#607  Postby OlivierK » Apr 04, 2020 11:45 am

Hermit wrote:
OlivierK wrote:
jamest wrote:There's lots of people out there with similar views to myself. Even smart/rich people. I stumbled across this person tonight, someone you've all probably heard of, John McAfee (internet security founder thereof). He has similar views to me, though not identical. If you're bored, listen to what he has to say about the 'apocalypse':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9P5EI-qURQ

Yeah, I'm sure you'll find some reason to discount him too.

I think it's pretty likely people will find reasons to discount whatever McAfee says in that video (which I'd need to be far more bored than I am to watch) because John McAfee is a fucking nutbar, the IT world's equivalent of Joe Exotic.

John McAfee also got badly burnt financially during the GFC. He put all his eggs in the same basket: Luxury mansions. As a result his net worth dropped from $100 million to $4 million. Of course he could not admit to having made a spectacular error of judgement. It had to be the economic system that was at fault, didn't it?

The GFC made it obvious that McAfee's grasp of economic realities was, shall we say, inadequate from the start. The traumatic financial disaster he suffered killed whatever capacity for dispassionate analysis of matters economic he might have possessed in 2008 and before.

People should check not only the bona fides (J McA has none in the field of economics) but also the track record (ouch) of alleged experts before trusting their advice. JamesT's trust seems (yup. that word again) to be based on the fact that McAfee says what James wants to hear.

If McAfee was just a guy who lost money on property, that would be one thing. His deal is waaaaay weirder than that.

Just a taste: https://www.wired.com/2012/12/ff-john-m ... ast-stand/

And that was before things got even weirder: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McAfee#Other_views

I'm sure at some point, McAfee studied economics for nearly two years.
User avatar
OlivierK
 
Posts: 9547
Age: 53
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#608  Postby Hermit » Apr 04, 2020 12:22 pm

OlivierK wrote:If McAfee was just a guy who lost money on property, that would be one thing. His deal is waaaaay weirder than that.

He certainly is. Wanting to forestall complications and diversions I focused on his failure as an expert on economic matters because JamesT referred to him as some sort of authority in that field.

One of the complications and diversions I had in mind was this: While general kookiness makes the likelihood of a person's judgement being right on the button on any matter less likely, there is at least one notable exception: Isaac Newton. He was an utter madman, spending way more time on his madcap Bible studies and alchemy than on the sum of all the studies that led to the discoveries leading to him becoming known as a scientific genius to this day.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Posts: 3695
Age: 67
Male

Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#609  Postby OlivierK » Apr 04, 2020 12:31 pm

Well, if we keep it to financial predictions, McAfee is three months out from the point he claimed Bitcoin would hit $500,000 USD or he'd livestream himself eating his own dick. To be fair, he's not wrong yet.
User avatar
OlivierK
 
Posts: 9547
Age: 53
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#610  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Apr 04, 2020 2:17 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
theropod_V_2.0 wrote:If I were just a little gay I would be in love with a certain man in need of an atlatl.

(maybe using the final word in the sentence above is a tell, or not)

RS



Alas for our romance cannot blossom while the virus keeps us metres apart. We can make gooey eyes at each other from across the room, kinda like a romantic foreplay?


Of course. As cited in the epic film, “Tropic Thunder”, “Everybody’s a little gay now and then”.

Never mind the Pacific ocean, and half of North America.

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
User avatar
theropod_V_2.0
 
Name: R.A.
Posts: 497

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#611  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 04, 2020 3:19 pm

Ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low, ain't no virus virulent enough, to keep us apaaaaart!
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27415
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#612  Postby Fallible » Apr 04, 2020 6:26 pm

Aww...
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51079
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: The ramifications of blockchain technology?

#613  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Apr 04, 2020 11:19 pm

Stubs toe into ground with a twisting little motion while looking down shyly.

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
User avatar
theropod_V_2.0
 
Name: R.A.
Posts: 497

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest