crop circles are back!!!

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: crop circles are back!!!

#241  Postby Gawdzilla » Jun 10, 2010 2:15 pm

Mr P wrote:"Photoshop now comes with a UFO button" Neil De Grasse-Tyson.

Gawdzilla wrote:"UFO doesn't automatically mean 'hub cap'. Sometimes it means 'pie tin'."

Callan wrote:Ah, I hate to correct you, dear boy, but speaking as a chef, I can confidently assert that the UFO pictured above is most definitely a quiche dish.

Gawdzilla wrote:Real aliens don't fly quiche. :nono:

Mr P wrote:Hmmm, the 'no real aliens' falacy. :think:

It's only a fallacy if I'm wrong. And it says right in the UFO driver's manual: "NO quiche!"
Chief Engineer on the Derail Express.

Geoff wrote:Not that I've anything against paedophilia, but it does leave one open to accusations of catholicism...

This space for rent.
Gawdzilla

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#242  Postby Callan » Jun 10, 2010 3:49 pm

HERETICS! MISBELIEVERS!
ONLY THROUGH THE QUICHE SHALL YE KNOW SALVATION!

You'll be sorry when the Mother Ship returns and you're all left behind with your fancy PIES!
The banana is. I will eat the banana. There is no banana. I want another banana.
Callan

Female

England (eng)
Print view this post

#243  Postby tnjrp » Jun 11, 2010 5:04 am

Gals and guys, seriously now... :shifty:

My experiments with the microwave oven and grass stalks proved to be somewhat inconclusive. The nodes turned to brown, that is essentially fried, well before there was any visible change on the rest of the stalk, so this does empirically evidence that the nodes will be more susceptible to microwave radiation than the rest of the plant. But there were no "expulsion cavities" such that I could detect with a naked eye. However I obviously had to cut the stalks to get them into the oven so possibly that messed up the experiment as the pressure may have escaped from the cut :dunno:

On a cheerier note, a local farmed made a considerable contribution to amateur cereology as he flattened a wide swathe of grass with a tractor last evening. I'll be watching them to see how they lift themselves up and if there seems to be any changes in the stalks near the nodes :cheerdance:
The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#244  Postby byofrcs » Jun 11, 2010 5:20 am

tnjrp wrote:Gals and guys, seriously now... :shifty:

My experiments with the microwave oven and grass stalks proved to be somewhat inconclusive. The nodes turned to brown, that is essentially fried, well before there was any visible change on the rest of the stalk, so this does empirically evidence that the nodes will be more susceptible to microwave radiation than the rest of the plant. But there were no "expulsion cavities" such that I could detect with a naked eye. However I obviously had to cut the stalks to get them into the oven so possibly that messed up the experiment as the pressure may have escaped from the cut :dunno:

On a cheerier note, a local farmed made a considerable contribution to amateur cereology as he flattened a wide swathe of grass with a tractor last evening. I'll be watching them to see how they lift themselves up and if there seems to be any changes in the stalks near the nodes :cheerdance:

Hey can you also take some crappy photos while you are at it ?.

We expect to see the following, out of focus, light flares , motion blur, shooping, pie trays.

Please blog the results and give long and complicated descriptions showing how the photograph is easily explained if you consider the EIRP of a Vivaldi antenna. Which makes it all obviously Alien.

Oh, look motion blur - Describe how you got transported 5 cms to the right as you pushed the shutter.

Please shoop the wire that you use to hold the pie tray in place. The clone tool is a skeptics worst enemy. Use it.
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#245  Postby tnjrp » Jun 11, 2010 5:35 am

byofrcs wrote:Hey can you also take some crappy photos while you are at it ?
That's the only kind I take...
We expect to see the following, out of focus, light flares , motion blur, shooping, pie trays
...however I definitely won't toss my only pie tray into a field just to take an out-of-focus, motion-blurry shot of it to post on teh Interwebz :hand:

I might post my motion blur shot of my oldest dog tho, been thinkin' of doing that a while. It doesn't have any cereological content I'm afraid, nor yet any UFOs, orbs, rods or pie trays in it.
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#246  Postby GrahamH » Jun 11, 2010 6:54 am

tnjrp wrote:I might post my motion blur shot of my oldest dog tho, been thinkin' of doing that a while. It doesn't have any cereological content I'm afraid, nor yet any UFOs, orbs, rods or pie trays in it.

"Rods" - Bah! There was another idiot (the Orb guy) who knew nothing about electronic cameras who found fame and modest income from parading his ignorance.
"Orbs" are trivial to generate. Just shake a cushion or curtain above the camera then take a photo in low light with your compact camera or camera phone. Hey presto! Hundreds of orbs! Perhaps the shaking of dusty fabric is vibrating spiritual energies that attract ethereal entities to gather. :doh:

People's willingness to believe in this shit is astounding. :lol:
Why do you think that?
GrahamH

Print view this post

#247  Postby tnjrp » Jun 11, 2010 7:49 am

GrahamH wrote:Perhaps the shaking of dusty fabric is vibrating spiritual energies that attract ethereal entities to gather
Well, for obvious reasons that should attract ghosts...
...and maybe also vampire moths.
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#248  Postby Callan » Jun 11, 2010 3:41 pm

tnjrp wrote:
byofrcs wrote:We expect to see the following, out of focus, light flares , motion blur, shooping, pie trays

...however I definitely won't toss my only pie tray into a field just to take an out-of-focus, motion-blurry shot of it to post on teh Interwebz :hand:

Ah, gentlemen, if I may just take this opportunity to reintroduce the quiche motif?

I can provide any number of quiche dishes, at a very modest hiring fee, in which manner the keen devotee may furnish themselves with images not just of ONE piddling ship, but of an entire FLEET.

You can reach me by PM, during European business hours. Thank you.
The banana is. I will eat the banana. There is no banana. I want another banana.
Callan

Female

England (eng)
Print view this post

#249  Postby tnjrp » Jun 14, 2010 9:14 am

My cereological experiments were rained on during the weekend, big time :pissed:

However, despite the wet and cold weather and stormy winds (on Saturday), I was able to clearly observe that the previously trampled grasses indeed showed obvious signs of node elongation and associated stem angling. One assumes that this effect would be more pronounced under more favourable conditions.

Conclusion therefore must be that node elongation and angling in and of themselves are not to be considered anomalous for this type of plant. The extend and the rapidity thereof might obviously still be.

This concludes my report on "Field studies in amateur cereology".
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#250  Postby twistor59 » Jun 14, 2010 9:37 am

tnjrp wrote: obvious signs of node elongation and associated stem angling.

You've seen the stems angling ? See - I told you so - these plants are obviously intelligent.
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#251  Postby tnjrp » Jun 14, 2010 9:44 am

Hmm. Perhaps that was not quite the correct word. More @ "angulation".
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#252  Postby Gawdzilla » Jun 14, 2010 10:22 am

I wish to present my "Theory of Intelligent Planting".

Okay, let's keep this in it's proper order. No matter who mashed those plants, SOMEBODY had to plant them in the first place. Who was that? The mainstream will, of course, claim that it was "farmer or farmers unknown", but they have NO evidence, hard evidence, that a human did this! Look at the facts and keep an open mind as I lead you down the primrose path through was some experts say really happened.

To send a message from another civilization, extra-terrestrial or extra-temporal (you pick 'em), the obvious means is via mashing plants in clever patterns that have amazingly ambiguous interpretations. For this you need large tabula rasa, acres of them in some instances. Now, humans don't normally start important messages on the soles of their shoes or on a broccoli, do they? Of course not, they use blank sheets of paper. So it logically follows that aliens or humans from the future would do the same thing. And they need a lot of it, apparently. I once drove through Kansas and saw endless "message pads" just waiting for their REAL owners to use to send us the key to harmonious living, a peaceful co-existence with the planet and the next set of Powerball numbers.

So don't, please don't, believe TPTB when they claim that some hayseed with a tractor was responsible for the "crops" being there, IT WASN'T HUMANS AS WE KNOW THEM!!!!!!!!

Geoff wrote:Not that I've anything against paedophilia, but it does leave one open to accusations of catholicism...

This space for rent.
Gawdzilla

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#253  Postby The_Metatron » Jun 14, 2010 10:45 am

Gawdzilla wrote:I wish to present my "Theory of Intelligent Planting".

Okay, let's keep this in it's proper order. No matter who mashed those plants, SOMEBODY had to plant them in the first place. Who was that? The mainstream will, of course, claim that it was "farmer or farmers unknown", but they have NO evidence, hard evidence, that a human did this! Look at the facts and keep an open mind as I lead you down the primrose path through was some experts say really happened.

To send a message from another civilization, extra-terrestrial or extra-temporal (you pick 'em), the obvious means is via mashing plants in clever patterns that have amazingly ambiguous interpretations. For this you need large tabula rasa, acres of them in some instances. Now, humans don't normally start important messages on the soles of their shoes or on a broccoli, do they? Of course not, they use blank sheets of paper. So it logically follows that aliens or humans from the future would do the same thing. And they need a lot of it, apparently. I once drove through Kansas and saw endless "message pads" just waiting for their REAL owners to use to send us the key to harmonious living, a peaceful co-existence with the planet and the next set of Powerball numbers.

So don't, please don't, believe TPTB when they claim that some hayseed with a tractor was responsible for the "crops" being there, IT WASN'T HUMANS AS WE KNOW THEM!!!!!!!!

Pretty sound logic. As far as we can tell, all those un-trampled fields are just a bit idling pattern to maintain synchronization.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#254  Postby Gawdzilla » Jun 14, 2010 10:49 am

The_Metatron wrote:

Pretty sound logic. As far as we can tell, all those un-trampled fields are just a bit idling pattern to maintain synchronization.

I used to carry a notepad with me all the time. Sciwoman just got me a smart phone so I use the notepad now. Aliens/Time Travelers don't need that, however. They have all those lovely fields of plants to use. They also don't appear to need to send us messages in the winter.

"I'm still waiting for a crop circle to appear in a tree farm." (Apologies to the person who said that for not remembering their name.)

This space for rent.
Gawdzilla

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#255  Postby ConnyRaSk » Jun 14, 2010 10:52 am

from a blog: teslatribe.net
i read this entry and it sounds like a realistic explanation to me:

USA Defence Satellites and modern day crop circles.is there a connection?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- First lets look at the satellites. They are huge some weighting up to 40000 pounds and have antennas up to 50 feet in diameter capable of producing multiple spot beams made of low level microwave radiation. These beams are used for communications and for transfering data to any place on the earth. These antenas using phased array technology and electron beam stearing are capable of handling over 10000 watts of power. The results of this technology enable a satellite to produce a very powerful beam of low level microwave radiation that can be focused into a very narrow beam of energy that leaves a small ground footprint <<<was discoverd by accident when callebrating from ground to satellite,the ricochet>>> These narrow beams allow communications and data to be passed to soldiers in remote areas without being picked up or jammed by the enemy. Today most modern commercial satellites are at least 10 years behind in capability compared to US military satellites.
------------------------------------------------------------------------- Now lets go back to modern day crop circles with the elaborate detail thats been found the past 20 years. Research done a few years ago into crop circles found in England showed that the stalks were effected by radiation which caused the plant to lay to one side<<because of mollecular change in the stalk>> These test were done on crop circles that were not made by people on the ground and became an easy way to tell <one type from another> The effects of the radiation focused just off the ground on just a few layers of plant cells causes the cells to burst and the result is that the plant lays over. By varying the energy level of the beam and focusing more than one beam on the same spot it is possible to create the patterns in crop circles that we see today.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- The question now becomes why would they do this? The simplest answer is to test and callebrate there system. It's no different than running a test program on a computer printer. The printer will generate elaborate patterns exercizing the printer to spot a problem with the system. The answer to crop circles may not be exterestial or sinister intent. It's just an easy way to test and callebrate a system thats classified. Since it's classified military information the true answer is clouded in secrecy. The same level of secrecy thats covered up military projects for more than 50 years. If this is happening just think of the enjoyment they must have while they play with their toys and perpetuate the hype thats been the center piece of the crop circle myth.
;0)
Literature, fiction, poetry, whatever, makes justice in the world. That’s why it almost always has to be on the side of the underdog. ~Grace Paley
ConnyRaSk

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#256  Postby Gawdzilla » Jun 14, 2010 10:55 am

Conny, they missed something important: WHY PLANTS? SETI isn't searching the croplands of Alberta for signals.

This space for rent.
Gawdzilla

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#257  Postby The_Metatron » Jun 14, 2010 11:17 am

Gawdzilla wrote:
The_Metatron wrote:

I used to carry a notepad with me all the time. Sciwoman just got me a smart phone so I use the notepad now. Aliens/Time Travelers don't need that, however. They have all those lovely fields of plants to use. They also don't appear to need to send us messages in the winter.

"I'm still waiting for a crop circle to appear in a tree farm." (Apologies to the person who said that for not remembering their name.)

I posted something similar once on RDF:
The_Metatron wrote:It's a bunch of clever guys tramping down crops.

Why crops, by the way? Something like 38% of the earth's land is used for crops. Are these circle drawing aliens drawn to crops? Why are there never sand circles, or pine tree circles, or tundra circles? No, it's always crops.

Occams razor tells me because pine trees are too hard to stamp down in pretty circles.

If that was it, thanks for remembering.
The_Metatron

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#258  Postby Gawdzilla » Jun 14, 2010 11:27 am

The_Metatron wrote:
The_Metatron wrote:"I'm still waiting for a crop circle to appear in a tree farm." (Apologies to the person who said that for not remembering their name.)

Why crops, by the way? Something like 38% of the earth's land is used for crops. Are these circle drawing aliens drawn to crops? Why are there never sand circles, or pine tree circles, or tundra circles? No, it's always crops.

Occams razor tells me because pine trees are too hard to stamp down in pretty circles.

Actually, it was somebody like James Randi. Sowwy.

This space for rent.
Gawdzilla

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#259  Postby The_Metatron » Jun 14, 2010 11:32 am

Gawdzilla wrote:
The_Metatron wrote:
Gawdzilla wrote:"I'm still waiting for a crop circle to appear in a tree farm." (Apologies to the person who said that for not remembering their name.)

Actually, it was somebody like James Randi. Sowwy.

I guess I'll have to bring this up with the Amazing Randi then, and hammer out whose idea it was first!
Last edited by The_Metatron on Jun 14, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Metatron

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#260  Postby tnjrp » Jun 14, 2010 11:34 am

Well, there are always reliable documents like this one:
http://mmmgroup.altervista.org/e-tree.html
tnjrp

Male