crop circles are back!!!

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: crop circles are back!!!

#281  Postby lucek » Dec 30, 2010 4:40 am

shimwah wrote:Man Lucek, you is up late tonight!!!

Different timezones. Just getting ready to bed down here.
Next time a creationist says, "Were you there to watch the big bang", say "Yes we are".
"Nutrition is a balancing act during the day, not a one-shot deal from a single meal or food.":Sciwoman
lucek

United States (us)
Print view this post

#282  Postby twistor59 » Dec 30, 2010 8:27 am

shimwah wrote:
Okay how about the possibility of a non physical consciousness or intelligent energy of some sort ?

One problem would be that this hypothetical intelligent energy seems to have restricted itself to doing things that humans could conceivably do with ropes and bits of wood. To even consider the possibility of an exotic explanation like intelligent energy, we'd really need to see examples of circles that couldn't possibly be done in the obvious way. For example if a pattern appeared burnt into rock, or even created in fresh snow (snow would be problematic for humans as there would inevitably be footprints to and from the pattern).
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#283  Postby tnjrp » Dec 30, 2010 8:30 am

shimwah wrote:So that's it then. Humans did it
That appears to be the most parsimonous explanation since we have a fair bit of evidence that humans can execute pretty complex crop circles.

Anything other than that is simply up there with the fairies
I'm not entirely sure if "non physical consciousness or intelligent energy of some sort" (let's say NPC/IE for short) has anything on fairies in the plausibility department. There is some evidence for fairies at the very least, it's just not very good or scientific sort of evidence... Not sure about NPC/IE as of yet.

No more discussion needed
Not unless you can provide good evidence for something else than "humans gone and done it". What kind of evidence you for example have for NPC/IE you proposed as a possible perpetrator?

With this direction I do contemplate how any of the great intellects, philosophers, and inventors ever discovered anything considered whooo at the time. I would expect there would be a few Whooo's at the discovery of electricity, or when the first radio wave was heard
You can dispense with the specious "every new invention is woo" and "they laughed at Galileo" talks. Pretty much everybody's "been there, heard it". In reality, it's always evidence talks, bullshit walks.

Anyway Crop circles debunked..... For now
Unless you have new evidence I refered to above a couple of times. Got any?

We are clever little animals are we not?
I like to think we are. Certainly clever enough to stomp geometrical patterns on corn and imagine up NPC/IEs that like to do the same -- instead of for example carving them in the Antartic ice, kilometers tall and tens of meters deep coz' of their "mysterious ways"
:levi:
The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#284  Postby shimwah » Dec 30, 2010 9:38 am

twistor59 wrote:
shimwah wrote:
Okay how about the possibility of a non physical consciousness or intelligent energy of some sort ?

One problem would be that this hypothetical intelligent energy seems to have restricted itself to doing things that humans could conceivably do with ropes and bits of wood. To even consider the possibility of an exotic explanation like intelligent energy, we'd really need to see examples of circles that couldn't possibly be done in the obvious way. For example if a pattern appeared burnt into rock, or even created in fresh snow (snow would be problematic for humans as there would inevitably be footprints to and from the pattern).

I thought some of these C.Circles had no signs of entry or exit by humans? Wouldn't skilled trackers or the like be able to verify if indeed this were true?.
shimwah

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#285  Postby tnjrp » Dec 30, 2010 9:42 am

shimwah wrote:I thought some of these C.Circles had no signs of entry or exit by humans? Wouldn't skilled trackers or the like be able to verify if indeed this were true?.
Have any "skilled trackers or the like" examined these crop circles that reputedly had no signs of entry or exit by humans in the first place, or were they examined by cereologists only?
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#286  Postby shimwah » Dec 30, 2010 10:57 am

tnjrp wrote:
shimwah wrote:So that's it then. Humans did it
That appears to be the most parsimonous explanation since we have a fair bit of evidence that humans can execute pretty complex crop circles.

Anything other than that is simply up there with the fairies
I'm not entirely sure if "non physical consciousness or intelligent energy of some sort" (let's say NPC/IE for short) has anything on fairies in the plausibility department. There is some evidence for fairies at the very least, it's just not very good or scientific sort of evidence... Not sure about NPC/IE as of yet.

I'm pretty sure there are quite a few accounts of NPC/IE for example ghosts, entities, astral body's, channeled souls etc.. that would qualify for a position in the plausibility department. All are non physical. Even the Christian God is without body until he makes a guest appearance in the body of Christ.

No more discussion needed
Not unless you can provide good evidence for something else than "humans gone and done it". What kind of evidence you for example have for NPC/IE you proposed as a possible perpetrator?

I have no evidence that I could present here on Ratskep. I was just throwing it on the table to see where it went....I do have some experience from the esoteric work I have been doing but I don't think it would be received or I could explain it very well here.

With this direction I do contemplate how any of the great intellects, philosophers, and inventors ever discovered anything considered whooo at the time. I would expect there would be a few Whooo's at the discovery of electricity, or when the first radio wave was heard
You can dispense with the specious "every new invention is woo" and "they laughed at Galileo" talks. Pretty much everybody's "been there, heard it". In reality, it's always evidence talks, bullshit walks.

Well they did laugh at Galileo and many more like him. Are you saying we have come so far this does not happen today when a truth is presented that does not fit with common knowledge?

Anyway Crop circles debunked..... For now
Unless you have new evidence I referred to above a couple of times. Got any?

Like I said I got nothing that would convince anyone here in ratskep.

We are clever little animals are we not?
I like to think we are. Certainly clever enough to stomp geometrical patterns on corn and imagine up NPC/IEs that like to do the same -- instead of for example carving them in the Antartic ice, kilometers tall and tens of meters deep coz' of their "mysterious ways"
:levi:

Is it possible the fact that is being made in a food crop that has something to do with it. You know more likely to have an impact on humanity. Like a loving energetic imprint on our food source..... Whooo :lol:

I was ready to depart with the popular opinion that humans did it.
shimwah

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#287  Postby shimwah » Dec 30, 2010 11:00 am

tnjrp wrote:
shimwah wrote:I thought some of these C.Circles had no signs of entry or exit by humans? Wouldn't skilled trackers or the like be able to verify if indeed this were true?.
Have any "skilled trackers or the like" examined these crop circles that reputedly had no signs of entry or exit by humans in the first place, or were they examined by cereologists only?

That's my question. I don't know.
shimwah

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#288  Postby tnjrp » Dec 30, 2010 11:08 am

Fair enough, no more questions on that subject.

As for this...
shimwah wrote:Is it possible the fact that is being made in a food crop that has something to do with it. You know more likely to have an impact on humanity
...there appears to be very little impact to be had on humanity as a whole by vandalizing some fields. Compared to carving those kilometer-hight letters in the Antartic ice for example. But like I said, mysterious and/or circumscribed ways and all that jazz, right?

Like a loving energetic imprint on our food source.....
I would think stomping down crops is more in the nature of this, actually.

I was ready to depart with the popular opinion that humans did it.
Well, don't let me keep you then! :cheers:
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#289  Postby lucek » Dec 30, 2010 2:10 pm

To correct there are no OBVIOUS signs of entry. An investigation has never been done on the several acres looking for the footprints of the perpetrators. Further as people on the farms walk in between the grain It would be pointless to try to say that any one set of prints was from a circle maker. Finally and for most, this like most claims has been used by cereologists as proof of the authenticity of several crop circles that were filmed fakes.
Next time a creationist says, "Were you there to watch the big bang", say "Yes we are".
"Nutrition is a balancing act during the day, not a one-shot deal from a single meal or food.":Sciwoman
lucek

United States (us)
Print view this post

#290  Postby twistor59 » Dec 30, 2010 2:15 pm

tnjrp wrote:

I guess you'd be looking for one in a field with no tramlines. I don't know if any such examples are available.
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#291  Postby tnjrp » Dec 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Well, that would certainly be a good start... Tho if there was tramlines, one could set those "skilled trackers" to look for all signs of human intervention inside the circle as the perps may have arrived on a tractor or something. It may be obvious enough even to a layman if the entire circle has been produced by agricultural machinery.
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#292  Postby shimwah » Dec 30, 2010 7:40 pm

tnjrp wrote:Well, that would certainly be a good start... Tho if there was tramlines, one could set those "skilled trackers" to look for all signs of human intervention inside the circle as the perps may have arrived on a tractor or something. It may be obvious enough even to a layman if the entire circle has been produced by agricultural machinery.

Surely if investigated thoroughly by a body of unbiased experts with no agenda but to find the truth we would come up with a conclusive result.

Evidence of human activity could be documented one way or another no matter if its the farmers or the circle makers or both. I would think it would be obvious and fairly strait forward. We are pretty clever in forensic science and crime scene investigation. Experienced trackers and even tracker dogs are quite amazing in what they can find. Wouldn't this be a walk in the park?

I would also expect the circles in the shape of getting the finger or company advertisements are excluded from the investigation. It's obvious an alien corporate executive or angry green man did those ones.

Perhaps these experts and those who might employ them have better things to do with their time. Unlike the people with the rope and planks.
shimwah

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#293  Postby lucek » Dec 30, 2010 8:19 pm

shimwah wrote:
tnjrp wrote:Well, that would certainly be a good start... Tho if there was tramlines, one could set those "skilled trackers" to look for all signs of human intervention inside the circle as the perps may have arrived on a tractor or something. It may be obvious enough even to a layman if the entire circle has been produced by agricultural machinery.

Surely if investigated thoroughly by a body of unbiased experts with no agenda but to find the truth we would come up with a conclusive result.

Evidence of human activity could be documented one way or another no matter if its the farmers or the circle makers or both. I would think it would be obvious and fairly strait forward. We are pretty clever in forensic science and crime scene investigation. Experienced trackers and even tracker dogs are quite amazing in what they can find. Wouldn't this be a walk in the park?

I would also expect the circles in the shape of getting the finger or company advertisements are excluded from the investigation. It's obvious an alien corporate executive or angry green man did those ones.

Perhaps these experts and those who might employ them have better things to do with their time. Unlike the people with the rope and planks.

Or we can look at reality and see that the tracks made in compacted earth or disguised by the grain might make it hard for the best trackers on earth to find. For that matter in muddy uncompacted soil there is a special tool designed not to leave foot prints (intended for asphalt).
lucek

United States (us)
Print view this post

#294  Postby shimwah » Dec 30, 2010 9:23 pm

Or we can look at reality and see that the tracks made in compacted earth or disguised by the grain might make it hard for the best trackers on earth to find. For that matter in muddy uncompacted soil there is a special tool designed not to leave foot prints (intended for asphalt).

So we can unravel the mysteries of the DNA molecule but can be fooled by plywood shoes and extensive human activity in a paddock of wheat and muddy soil? There would have to be some evidence, surely.
shimwah

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#295  Postby lucek » Dec 30, 2010 9:40 pm

shimwah wrote:

So we can unravel the mysteries of the DNA molecule but can be fooled by plywood shoes and extensive human activity in a paddock of wheat and muddy soil? There would have to be some evidence, surely.

And if we can land a man on the moon. . .
Look we aren't talking about a 60 foot neon sign but slight variations in shape and height of soil over square miles.
lucek

United States (us)
Print view this post

#296  Postby shimwah » Dec 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Look we aren't talking about a 60 foot neon sign but slight variations in shape and height of soil over square miles.

Okay so are you saying it is impossible or unlikely to be investigated with any conclusive result. Even with all our available resources.
shimwah

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#297  Postby shimwah » Dec 30, 2010 10:09 pm

Sure seems like more work could be done in this area to put the whole debacle to rest.
shimwah

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#298  Postby lucek » Dec 30, 2010 10:27 pm

shimwah wrote:

Okay so are you saying it is impossible or unlikely to be investigated with any conclusive result. Even with all our available resources.

I'm saying it is highly difficult for someone trained to find a sign of the perpetrator if they wanted not to be detected, and even if the expert did find signs it would be hard to distinguish it from other sources.
shimwah wrote:Sure seems like more work could be done in this area to put the whole debacle to rest.

And until there is something that needs explaining the works is pointless.
Last edited by lucek on Dec 31, 2010 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
lucek

United States (us)
Print view this post

#299  Postby John P. M. » Dec 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Just jumping in at the end here; I haven't read the thread I must confess. :?

I must say that I think most, if not all of the crop circles are man made. If some of them turned out not to be, and I had to come up with an alternative explanation, I would think it was a natural force, and I would think it could be something similar to this process (as a general idea of what natural energies can do, I don't mean exactly this):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9GBf8y0lY0[/youtube]
(watch to the end)

Obviously - the above would be detectable and highly audible! But I could imagine that something along those lines might be a candidate, if I was "forced" to come up with a natural explanation. My point with linking the video is really only that the process above creates intricate figures, comparable to those of crop circles, via a natural process.
If that even would possibly apply, it would not explain the ones with messages in them, but IMO it's safe to say those are human made anyway.
John P. M.
RS Donator

Male

Norway (no)
Print view this post

#300  Postby shimwah » Dec 31, 2010 12:02 am

I'm saying it is highly difficult for someone trained to find a sign of the perpetrator if they wanted not to be detected, and even if the expert did find signs it would be hard to distinguish it from other sources.

Is this your opinion or based on factual evidence.
shimwah

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Debunking