"I am you" nonsense

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: "I am you" nonsense

#2001  Postby Destroyer » Jan 09, 2019 9:44 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
Destroyer wrote:The moment that Kafei made repeated claims about the research which were not in accord with the research, that is when he needed to be warned.

What moment was that? First of all, there was no research that Kafei was citing; all his arguments came from mouthpieces in youtube videos. Are you suggesting posters be warned when somebody complains that their ideas are not in accord with some other ideas? Kafei's not a blank slate. He's been kicked off other forums, and has had talk show hosts hang up on him.

It seems your idea of forum moderation is that it is acting in loco parentis and it also seems you think moderation is performing a designated task on your behalf. If you don't mind my saying so, both you and Kafei seem to have a similar problem with taking "No" for an answer as to whether anyone takes your opinion seriously.

If Kafei has not been making specific claims about the research into Psilocybin, which must surely be open to scrutiny, then why has his interlocutors constantly accused him of misrepresenting the research?
Destroyer

Name: Patrick Mills
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#2002  Postby Cito di Pense » Jan 09, 2019 10:10 pm

Destroyer wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
Destroyer wrote:The moment that Kafei made repeated claims about the research which were not in accord with the research, that is when he needed to be warned.

What moment was that? First of all, there was no research that Kafei was citing; all his arguments came from mouthpieces in youtube videos. Are you suggesting posters be warned when somebody complains that their ideas are not in accord with some other ideas? Kafei's not a blank slate. He's been kicked off other forums, and has had talk show hosts hang up on him.

It seems your idea of forum moderation is that it is acting in loco parentis and it also seems you think moderation is performing a designated task on your behalf. If you don't mind my saying so, both you and Kafei seem to have a similar problem with taking "No" for an answer as to whether anyone takes your opinion seriously.

If Kafei has not been making specific claims about the research into Psilocybin, which must surely be open to scrutiny, then why has his interlocutors constantly accused him of misrepresenting the research?

If you want to conduct an inquest, do it in the feedback threads. This isn't the time or place to review moderation decisions.
Last edited by Cito di Pense on Jan 09, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Ivar Poäng
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

"I am you" nonsense

#2003  Postby felltoearth » Jan 09, 2019 10:11 pm

That’s not what Cito wrote.

ETA replying to Destroyer
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#2004  Postby SpeedOfSound » Feb 12, 2019 12:24 am

Thommo wrote:Not sure he was genuinely a troll, rather than a deluded true believer, albeit one a bit short changed in the intelligence department and so lacking the capacity to actually think about what he was discussing, if I'm honest.

Not really sad to see him go though, there's only so much repetition one can take.

I just did a few hundred posts exchange with this guy on Freethought Blogs - Atheist Experience thread. He is a troll but he is not trolling. His belief is trolling him and he is just kind of shitting it back out. A sort of a helpless conduit. Guy is sincere and he reminds me of the somebody that I was in my twenties. Just before 16 dark years of insanity and drug and alcohol abuse.

It is not possible for them to say anything positive about what it is they believe in. It's all negatives and paradoxes. I couldn't even get him to tell me exactly what it was about his belief that was incompatible with strict naturalism. He just deflects and wiki-linked me untill I got tired and quit asking. Banning him was probably an act of kindness. Like blowing your pets head off when they have a cancer.

This guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE1yPCeF1Cc&t=53m37s. Sounds like he really fucking knows something but I'm 48 minutes in on this video and have poked around in some of his others. All I'm getting is promises and lots of talk about how all the other guys are wrong. WTF.

Anyway. it reminded me of my acid/zen/Watts/buddhist youth. There I was having chronic emergency room level panic attacks, suicidal depression, and the liquor of black angst. All I fucking wanted was some practical tips on how to feel better enough so I could take another motherfucking breath. Same thing. The Oneness. The Knowedness of it all. It's no wonder I finally settled on blackout drunk as a religion.
"Daddy, why did god make YEC's?"
SpeedOfSound
RS Donator

Male

Kyrgyzstan (kg)
Print view this post

#2005  Postby SpeedOfSound » Feb 15, 2019 1:06 am

Discussion on the FreeThought blog. I find it all very interesting.

https://freethoughtblogs.com/axp/2019/0 ... /#comments
SpeedOfSound
RS Donator

Male

Kyrgyzstan (kg)
Print view this post

#2006  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 15, 2019 9:11 am

SpeedOfSound wrote:Discussion on the FreeThought blog. I find it all very interesting.

https://freethoughtblogs.com/axp/2019/0 ... /#comments

Quit telling that his first post asserts to explain mystical states of conciousnes, but it's only content is a video about 'cringy atheists'.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#2007  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 15, 2019 9:23 am

He also admits he is a theist:
I’ve answered this, I’m an adherent of the Perennial philosophy which is quite obviously a theist stance.

Contradicting his claim on this site that Perrenialism is somehow a third option.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#2008  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 15, 2019 9:31 am

Referring to being banned here:
I was banned from the RationalSkepticism forum because there were people there like yourself who are hell bent to dismiss things like this, to attempt to declare this as “not science” when it so obviously is. Jordan Peterson has commented on this sort of attitude, that atheists cringe whenever they intuit something that offends them, even if it’s legitimate science that’s taking place here. If you actually examine those posts there, you’ll find quite clearly that I did nothing wrong. It was simply a bunch of atheists that cried to the MODs to get me to leave. That was simply it. Nothing more, nothing less.

https://freethoughtblogs.com/axp/2019/01/06/open-thread-for-episode-23-01-matt-phil/#comments
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#2009  Postby GrahamH » Feb 15, 2019 9:45 am

Did he really misunderstand the conversation here so completely, or is he just lying through his teeth now?
Why do you think that?
GrahamH

Print view this post

#2010  Postby Fenrir » Feb 15, 2019 9:48 am

GrahamH wrote:Did he really misunderstand the conversation here so completely, or is he just lying through his teeth now?

Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#2011  Postby Thommo » Feb 15, 2019 11:00 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:Referring to being banned here:
I was banned from the RationalSkepticism forum because there were people there like yourself who are hell bent to dismiss things like this, to attempt to declare this as “not science” when it so obviously is. Jordan Peterson has commented on this sort of attitude, that atheists cringe whenever they intuit something that offends them, even if it’s legitimate science that’s taking place here. If you actually examine those posts there, you’ll find quite clearly that I did nothing wrong. It was simply a bunch of atheists that cried to the MODs to get me to leave. That was simply it. Nothing more, nothing less.

https://freethoughtblogs.com/axp/2019/01/06/open-thread-for-episode-23-01-matt-phil/#comments

I don't really think that's accurate of him, but on the other hand I don't really care. He displayed such a wilful disregard for truth when he was here and such incredible intellectual dishonesty with his quote mine regarding "conversion experience for atheists" and the statistics surrounding it that it's hard to give a fig what he thinks. He has no more credibility with me than a flat Earther does.
Thommo

Print view this post

#2012  Postby SpeedOfSound » Feb 17, 2019 12:33 pm

It's very hard to get him to say anything tangible from which I could determine his theist stance. He never figured out that this is what gets him banned and abused. He is blind to this personal defect. Damndest thing when you just can't get through to someone with words no matter how many millions of words you are willing to pile on.

Though, Having been released from two marriage contracts, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised about the failure of words.
SpeedOfSound
RS Donator

Male

Kyrgyzstan (kg)
Print view this post

#2013  Postby SpeedOfSound » Feb 17, 2019 12:37 pm

GrahamH wrote:Did he really misunderstand the conversation here so completely, or is he just lying through his teeth now?

He is not capable of listening. When I try to tell him he is not capable of listening of course he does not listen to that either.
He is a theist. He believes in a divine conscious nature of the universe. The New-age conscicle people keep it all so vague and paradoxical that it remains forever beyond reason. Hell, they are proud of being outside of reason.

(EDIT)

Kafei has denied that he is a theist. Also that he believes in a divine conscious nature of the universe. I apparently misrepresented him.
Last edited by SpeedOfSound on Feb 17, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpeedOfSound
RS Donator

Male

Kyrgyzstan (kg)
Print view this post

#2014  Postby GrahamH » Feb 17, 2019 4:12 pm

:nod:
Why do you think that?
GrahamH

Print view this post