Mohammad

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Mohammad

#1  Postby BigRed » Mar 14, 2010 9:11 pm

I have no proof or citations for his but I heard somewhere Mohammad was a child molestor? Can anyone back this up? I am not trying to be disrespectful just trying to validate this.
I want to be the girl with the most cake.
BigRed

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Mohammad

#2  Postby IIzO » Mar 14, 2010 9:12 pm

We,ve got an Islam sub forum.Maybe you should ask for this thread to be moved there
Between what i think , what i want to say ,what i believe i say ,what i say , what you want to hear , what you hear ,what you understand...there are lots of possibilities that we might have some problem communicating.But let's try anyway.
Bernard Werber
IIzO

France (fr)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Sityl » Mar 14, 2010 9:13 pm

He married and had sex with at least one 14 year old that I know of.

P.S. To the jihadist fundamental scumbags who take offense and are considering violent reprisal for me stating the truth, I say this... Fuck you.
Stephen Colbert wrote:Now, like all great theologies, Bill [O'Reilly]'s can be boiled down to one sentence - 'There must be a god, because I don't know how things work.'

Sityl

Name: Ser Sityllan Payne
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby BigRed » Mar 14, 2010 9:15 pm

Oops sorry didn't mean to post in the wrong spot. I never know the best place to post stuff. LOL
BigRed

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby katja z » Mar 14, 2010 9:18 pm

num1cubfn wrote:He married and had sex with at least one 14 year old that I know of.

That was Aisha, who was 9 years old. You'll find plenty of citations on "I am Muslim" and "I am Muslim. Part 2" threads (islam/i-am-muslim-part-2-t2264.html).
katja z
RS Donator

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6  Postby james1v » Mar 14, 2010 9:20 pm

BigRed wrote:Oops sorry didn't mean to post in the wrong spot. I never know the best place to post stuff. LOL

Mo married Aisha when she was six, consummated the marriage when she was 9. :think:
Last edited by james1v on Mar 14, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby UnderConstruction » Mar 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Hell, just pick a thread. Any thread. It gets mentioned just about every time his name comes up.
"Origins from God/Genesis are secular actually as we see it." - Robert Byers
UnderConstruction

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8  Postby BigRed » Mar 14, 2010 9:27 pm

Really? I had never heard it until recently.
BigRed

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Millefleur » Mar 14, 2010 9:31 pm

Well the holy book says he married a 6 yr old and had sex with her when she was 9, all the writings by Muslim scholars I've seen agree it happened and yet you'd be hard pressed to find any muslim that will agree Mo was a kiddie fiddler. Even the ones that agree it shouldn't happen now can't agree that dirty old Mo was a pervert.
This post was brought to you by Millefleur's Mature Responses™

Millefleur

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby ixolite » Mar 15, 2010 8:37 am

BigRed wrote:I have no proof or citations for his but I heard somewhere Mohammad was a child molestor? Can anyone back this up? I am not trying to be disrespectful just trying to validate this.

Here you go, for the short version skip to post #3:
http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10197
(empty posts saved here)
ixolite

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#11  Postby 95Theses » Mar 15, 2010 8:44 am

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts - Bertrand Russel

Quoting yourself in your own signature is both narcissistic and plain weird - 95Theses
95Theses
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Shrunk » Mar 15, 2010 3:17 pm

Millefleur wrote:Well the holy book says he married a 6 yr old and had sex with her when she was 9, all the writings by Muslim scholars I've seen agree it happened and yet you'd be hard pressed to find any muslim that will agree Mo was a kiddie fiddler. Even the ones that agree it shouldn't happen now can't agree that dirty old Mo was a pervert.

Just a minor point of clarification: If by "holy book" you mean the Quran, it's not actually mentioned there. It is copiously documented in the Hadith, however.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Oeditor » Mar 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Shrunk wrote:Just a minor point of clarification: If by "holy book" you mean the Quran, it's not actually mentioned there. It is copiously documented in the Hadith, however.
While you're making the distinction, what exactly is/are the Sunnah? I gather it means "sayings" - are these all made up, like the Hadiths?
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Mycernius » Mar 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Millefleur wrote:Well the holy book says he married a 6 yr old and had sex with her when she was 9, all the writings by Muslim scholars I've seen agree it happened and yet you'd be hard pressed to find any muslim that will agree Mo was a kiddie fiddler. Even the ones that agree it shouldn't happen now can't agree that dirty old Mo was a pervert.

I have had muslims say that muslim women reach maturity faster than western women, to try to get around this one.
Mycernius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#15  Postby katja z » Mar 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Oeditor, here's what wikipedia has to say on the Sunnah and the hadith:

The Sunnah is the manner or deeds of Muhammad and validated by the consensus of companions of Muhammad (Sahaba) in Sunni Islam, and the way or deeds of Muhammad and the twelve Imams in Shi'a Islam, while hadith is a collection of the narrations and approvals. The two words are sometimes taken to be interchangeable, referring to the Traditions, but difference lies depending on the context. Scholars of Hadiths have studied the narrations from their context (matn) as well as from their transmitters (isnad) in order to establish the hadith and discriminate the false ones from the true or proper ones. These were influential in the development of early Muslim philosophy and modern scientific citation. The allegiance to the tribal sunnah, which had been partially replaced during the time of the Prophet by submission to a new universal authority, and the feeling of brotherhood among all Muslims which had replaced Muhammad's death.
katja z
RS Donator

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#16  Postby Oeditor » Mar 15, 2010 5:18 pm

katja z wrote:Oeditor, here's what wikipedia has to say on the Sunnah and the hadith:
OK, I stand corrected: mostly made up.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Oeditor » Mar 15, 2010 5:23 pm

Mycernius wrote:I have had muslims say that muslim women reach maturity faster than western women, to try to get around this one.
Ah, yes, I'd forgotten. The speed of light's quite a bit faster in Arabia, isn't it?
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Mycernius » Mar 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Oeditor wrote:
Mycernius wrote:I have had muslims say that muslim women reach maturity faster than western women, to try to get around this one.
Ah, yes, I'd forgotten. The speed of light's quite a bit faster in Arabia, isn't it?

I don't kow whether it is an apocraphal story or not, but I once read that and air stwardess once said "We are now landing in Saudi Arabia. Please put your clocks back 500 years."
Mycernius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Shrunk » Mar 15, 2010 6:23 pm

Oeditor wrote:
katja z wrote:Oeditor, here's what wikipedia has to say on the Sunnah and the hadith:
OK, I stand corrected: mostly made up.

I'm not sure why they'd make up a story about their prophet being a child molester unless it was true.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#20  Postby Alan B » Mar 15, 2010 7:17 pm

Yeah, right!
How the hell would they know? Their women are always covered-up, well in Saudi at any rate.
That's just an excuse so can they screw prepubescent girls...
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Islam