President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#5761  Postby Pulsar » May 03, 2017 11:54 am

chango369 wrote:Trump's latest tweets. Imagine that, calling for a shutdown. What a fucking moron. :thumbdown:

Five days ago he complained that the dems wanted a shutdown.

trump7.png
trump7.png (21.27 KiB) Viewed 1352 times

You know how they say that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. How many monkeys does it take to write a Trump tweet?
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#5762  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 03, 2017 11:57 am

None. He is the big baboon.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5763  Postby Pebble » May 03, 2017 11:58 am

Rumraket wrote:I can understand the people who didn't vote for Hillary, I can't understand the people who voted for Trump. It is a true mystery to me how there are people who thought voting for that bloviating buffoon and bullshitter was a good idea. It is even more amazing to me that there are still people who think he's got this shit figured out.

Thing to remember is that Trump is a weapon the disgruntled are aiming at the Status Quo - nothing more.
Pebble

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5764  Postby Agrippina » May 03, 2017 2:47 pm

I tend to agree that he's got some long range plan to change the constitution to make him president for life with his spawn inheriting from him, like NK. He's just buffooning around long enough to make everyone stop fussing and "ah well let's just get through this", then bam, he's the dictator for life.
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#5765  Postby Tzelemel » May 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Ironically, the ones armed with guns, calling for protection of the Second Amendment, are probably the ones least likely to take up their arms to defend democracy.
Tzelemel

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5766  Postby rplatell » May 03, 2017 4:10 pm

Pulsar wrote:
chango369 wrote:Trump's latest tweets. Imagine that, calling for a shutdown. What a fucking moron. :thumbdown:

Five days ago he complained that the dems wanted a shutdown.

trump7.png

You know how they say that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. How many monkeys does it take to write a Trump tweet?

Only one...

rplatell

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#5767  Postby KeenIdiot » May 03, 2017 10:00 pm

Agrippina wrote:
KeenIdiot wrote:In their view he is the lesser of two evils.

And some of the crap he's pulled is a good thing, to them.
He isn't plunging into these things with no clue what they are, he's bluffing them into better deals. And they've taken the obstruction Obama experienced and flipping it so Trump is being obstructed by... Well mostly his own party.
Tellingly, a few I've been watching bluntly state they only care that they might be better off.
Admittedly, they probably won't be.
Oh, and a few have started on about how the Iraq war was a good thing now. Be interesting if that starts spreading.

With hindsight, after more than 100 days, apart from being a woman who isn't a 10, I cannot figure out what was so bad about Hillary.

This is better? :shock:

Hillary would have destroyed civil liberties, not protected Christians, let all of the Muslims in to kill us, let Asad get away with killing people, seize our guns, keep us in the TPP, so on.
KeenIdiot

Name: Mike
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5768  Postby Animavore » May 04, 2017 7:54 am

Stephen Colbert has done it now. He has triggered an army of Donald Trump supporters outraged by one of the late night comic’s jokes about their beloved leader. In fact, these Trump snowflakes are in such a tizzy over Colbert’s politically incorrect joke they now want to silence Colbert by demanding he be fired.

This controversy exploded late Tuesday when Breitbart.com, in between articles demonizing immigrants and Muslims, published an article to whine about Colbert’s joke that sent Trumpers looking for a safe space. So what was this horrific joke that mandates Colbert be silenced in the eyes of Trumpers?

Well it was part of a block of jokes where Colbert quipped: “Sir, you attract more skinheads than free Rogaine. You have more people marching against you than cancer. You talk like a sign-language gorilla that got hit in the head.” And then the line that cause Trumpers to freak out: “In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s cock holster.”

And cue the outrage. Come Tuesday night the number one topic trending on Twitter was #FireColbert. And the tweets there offered up the biggest display of hypocrisy since the last time Trump opened up his mouth.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ia=FB_Page
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5769  Postby Animavore » May 04, 2017 7:57 am

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5770  Postby Alan C » May 04, 2017 10:02 am

Animavore wrote:
Stephen Colbert has done it now. He has triggered an army of Donald Trump supporters outraged by one of the late night comic’s jokes about their beloved leader. In fact, these Trump snowflakes are in such a tizzy over Colbert’s politically incorrect joke they now want to silence Colbert by demanding he be fired.

This controversy exploded late Tuesday when Breitbart.com, in between articles demonizing immigrants and Muslims, published an article to whine about Colbert’s joke that sent Trumpers looking for a safe space. So what was this horrific joke that mandates Colbert be silenced in the eyes of Trumpers?

Well it was part of a block of jokes where Colbert quipped: “Sir, you attract more skinheads than free Rogaine. You have more people marching against you than cancer. You talk like a sign-language gorilla that got hit in the head.” And then the line that cause Trumpers to freak out: “In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin’s cock holster.”

And cue the outrage. Come Tuesday night the number one topic trending on Twitter was #FireColbert. And the tweets there offered up the biggest display of hypocrisy since the last time Trump opened up his mouth.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ia=FB_Page

The thing is, he is Putin's cock holster.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#5771  Postby thirsting » May 04, 2017 10:26 am

Colbert's show has been about 50% or more Trump jokes for a year or so now (at least the youtube parts which I watch). Why pick on this specific thing?
Well that was awkward.
thirsting

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#5772  Postby Manticore » May 04, 2017 10:29 am

thirsting wrote:Colbert's show has been about 50% or more Trump jokes for a year or so now (at least the youtube parts which I watch). Why pick on this specific thing?

Because, deep in their rancid, shrivelled hearts, they know it's true.
The existence of just one racist is proof that there exists at least one person who could be reasonably classified as sub-human.
Manticore

Tanzania (tz)
Print view this post

#5773  Postby Rumraket » May 04, 2017 10:34 am

therearenoamericansinbaghdad.jpg
therearenoamericansinbaghdad.jpg (27.67 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#5774  Postby Agrippina » May 04, 2017 11:18 am

I've watched that rant of Colbert's a few times. It's wonderful. :thumbup:
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#5775  Postby Spinozasgalt » May 04, 2017 11:47 am

Tillerson said U.S. foreign policy priorities had gotten "a little bit out of balance" in the previous decades, with the United States too focused on promoting economic activity and trade with emerging economies.

"These are really important relationships to us, and they're really important alliances, but we've got to bring them back into balance," he said, speaking without notes and walking around the stage in a packed State Department auditorium.

He also signaled that the United States would de-emphasize human rights concerns in some of its interactions with other countries, saying that while U.S. values remain constant, its policies can adapt.

"If we condition too heavily that others must adopt this value that we've come to over a long history of our own, it really creates obstacles to our ability to advance our national security interests, our economic interests," Tillerson said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-d ... SKBN17Z2BJ
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#5776  Postby Tero » May 04, 2017 1:59 pm

How American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#5777  Postby Animavore » May 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Repubs voted to repeal the ACA. Sheer scum.

Off to the Senate.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5778  Postby KeenIdiot » May 05, 2017 1:43 am

I just got my insurance last week. Literally.
Got it through work. Was told at the time it all depends on how the health care debacle shakes out. Yay.
KeenIdiot

Name: Mike
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5779  Postby Fallible » May 05, 2017 7:52 am

Those fucking shits!
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5780  Postby Animavore » May 05, 2017 8:00 am

Trump signs order seeking to allow churches to engage in more political activity.

President Trump on Thursday signed an executive order aimed at making it easier for churches to participate in politics, seeking to deliver on a campaign pledge to a community that overwhelmingly backed in him in last year’s election.

The order, which Trump unveiled with great fanfare in a Rose Garden ceremony, was cheered by some conservative Christians but seen as a disappointment by others, who said it fell short of the broader changes they wanted as part of a highly anticipated measure on religious liberties.

The order, Trump said, removes the financial threat faced by tax-exempt churches from the Internal Revenue Service when pastors speak out on behalf of political candidates. But some experts said it amounts to a mostly symbolic gesture with little likelihood of changing how the agency polices the issue.

Trump’s order — unveiled on a National Day of Prayer celebrated with religious leaders — also directs his administration to consider developing regulations related to religious objectors to an Obama administration mandate, scaled back by the courts, that required contraception services as part of health plans.

“For too long the federal government has used the power of the state as a weapon against people of faith, bullying and even punishing Americans for following their religious beliefs,” Trump said, later telling those gathered for the event that “you’re now in a position to say what you want to say . . . No one should be censoring sermons or targeting ­pastors.”

The sweep of the order was considerably narrower than a leaked February draft, which alarmed civil libertarians and gay rights and other liberal ­advocacy groups.

Among other things, that version included a provision that could have allowed federal contractors to discriminate against LGBT employees or single mothers on the basis of faith.

The order released Thursday instead included a blanket statement that “it shall be the policy of the executive branch to vigorously enforce Federal law’s robust protections for religious freedom.” Trump said he would direct the Justice Department to develop rules to guide that ­process.

Rabbi Jack Moline, president of the Interfaith Alliance, criticized the executive order in a statement.

“For decades, the Johnson Amendment has prevented houses of worship from being turned into partisan political tools. A majority of clergy — and Americans — support the status quo and oppose political endorsements from the pulpit.”

Nonreligious groups also support the Johnson Amendment, which applies broadly to charities, not just churches. The Secular Coalition for America called the executive order Thursday “an unprecedented attack on the separation of church and state by a sitting president.”

Another provision included in the order was intended as a response to the issue raised in the prominent Hobby Lobby and Little Sisters of the Poor cases before the Supreme Court: whether employers must comply with the Affordable Care Act’s requirement that insurance cover contraception for women.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ee36c9fc2a
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs