President Trump Watch.

Election is over

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: President Trump Watch.

#5781  Postby Manticore » May 05, 2017 8:05 am

rplatell wrote:
Pulsar wrote:
chango369 wrote:Trump's latest tweets. Imagine that, calling for a shutdown. What a fucking moron. :thumbdown:

Five days ago he complained that the dems wanted a shutdown.

trump7.png

You know how they say that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. How many monkeys does it take to write a Trump tweet?

Only one...

I'd definitely vote for the one on the left - better looking and, very obviously, more intelligent.
The existence of just one racist is proof that there exists at least one person who could be reasonably classified as sub-human.
Manticore

Tanzania (tz)
Print view this post

#5782  Postby Animavore » May 05, 2017 8:11 am

Not sure if true, but an damning indictment.

As legislation aimed at repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act narrowly passed through the House on Thursday, House Republicans were reportedly already busy organizing a party to toast themselves. As an amended version of the American Health Care Act passed the House in a narrow 217-213 vote, multiple journalists reported seeing cases of beer being rolled into the U.S. Capitol. Although no fete has been confirmed, many on social media were angered at the idea of House Republicans throwing a party to celebrate the AHCA, a bill that stands to dramatically raise the cost of insurance for those with preexisting conditions while leaving an estimated 24 million people without health care.

https://www.bustle.com/p/the-gop-is-rep ... ign=bustle
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5783  Postby Fallible » May 05, 2017 8:18 am

24 million people without health care! For fuck's sake!!
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5784  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 05, 2017 8:25 am

The repug senators are even lining up to kill this one off.

Senate won't vote on House-passed healthcare bill

Senate Republicans said Thursday they won't vote on the House-passed bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, but will write their own legislation instead

Senate Republicans said Thursday they won't vote on the House-passed bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, but will write their own legislation instead.

A Senate proposal is now being developed by a 12-member working group. It will attempt to incorporate elements of the House bill, senators said, but will not take up the House bill as a starting point and change it through the amendment process.

"The safest thing to say is there will be a Senate bill, but it will look at what the House has done and see how much of that we can incorporate in a product that works for us in reconciliation," said Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo.

"We are going to draft a Senate bill," added Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa. "That is what I've been told."

The working group has been meeting for weeks, said Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn, R-Texas, a member of the group.

"What we have to do is build a consensus among our conference and that is what the working group is designed to do," Cornyn said. "To get to a compromise we can agree to and then present it to the larger conference."

Cornyn said there is "really no deadline" for the group to produce a bill. "We are just working toward getting 51 votes," he said.

More...

The baboon's celebrations were slightly premature. :lol:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5785  Postby Tzelemel » May 05, 2017 8:36 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:The repug senators are even lining up to kill this one off.

Senate won't vote on House-passed healthcare bill

Senate Republicans said Thursday they won't vote on the House-passed bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, but will write their own legislation instead

Senate Republicans said Thursday they won't vote on the House-passed bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, but will write their own legislation instead.

A Senate proposal is now being developed by a 12-member working group. It will attempt to incorporate elements of the House bill, senators said, but will not take up the House bill as a starting point and change it through the amendment process.

More...

The baboon's celebrations were slightly premature. :lol:

It's probably too much to hope that the working group is bipartisan.
Tzelemel

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5786  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 05, 2017 8:40 am

It is a delay tactic which is something that will throw the orange baboon into a tantrum.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5787  Postby chango369 » May 05, 2017 9:25 am

Fallible wrote:24 million people without health care! For fuck's sake!!

It's even worse than that. With Obamacare, the number of uninsured was at ~ 28 million. The GOP plan (at least the plan that the CBO had a chance to score), added 24 million to an existing 28.

“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#5788  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 05, 2017 9:32 am

Nothing to worry the orange baboon.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5789  Postby Fallible » May 05, 2017 10:32 am

chango369 wrote:

It's even worse than that. With Obamacare, the number of uninsured was at ~ 28 million. The GOP plan (at least the plan that the CBO had a chance to score), added 24 million to an existing 28.

It's completely horrifying and unconscionable to me. Are these fucksticks really so selfish that they would begrudge people health care? Apparently they are. Unbelievable.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5790  Postby aban57 » May 05, 2017 10:41 am

Fallible wrote:
chango369 wrote:

It's completely horrifying and unconscionable to me. Are these fucksticks really so selfish that they would begrudge people health care? Apparently they are. Unbelievable.

They're poor people. Poor people don't deserve any help, it's their falt if they're poor.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#5791  Postby Calilasseia » May 05, 2017 10:44 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:Nothing to worry the orange baboon.

So long as the orange scrotum continues to eat "beautiful chocolate cake" in a gold-lined palace, he doesn't care how many of the plebs and serfs will die as a result of his measures. He's Louis XVI for the 21st century. I suspect a number of people will be hoping he ends the same way after this.

Fallible wrote:
chango369 wrote:

This tells you all you need to know about Rethuglicon attitudes toward the poor. These fat, rich, white embodiments of entitlement, think the poor deserve to be shat upon simply because the poor are poor. Never mind that there are a number of the same fat, rich, white embodiments of entitlement leading rock and roll lifestyles that have healthcare consequences, and according to the same attitude, should likewise be deserving of opprobrium, or that many of the poor suffer healthcare consequences as a result of such factors as careless dumping of toxic waste by tax-dodging corporations run by fat, rich, white embodiments of entitlement. The same fat, rich, white embodiments of entitlement that propagate this attitude, are also at the forefront of enabling health-destroying and environment-destroying measures by the tax-dodging corporations, so that the other fat, rich, white embodiments of entitlement can continue collecting mansions, private jets and penis-extension Bond villain yachts.

Quite simply, it's time for the ordinary people to realise that they don't need these fat, rich, white embodiments of entitlement, that these parasites are a scourge in need of extirpating.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5792  Postby Fallible » May 05, 2017 10:50 am

I don't think it's just the rich who have that attitude towards health care though. These fucksticks are voted in by someone, and no small amount of Trump supporters appear to come from much, much humbler origins.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5793  Postby Calilasseia » May 05, 2017 11:17 am

Fallible wrote:I don't think it's just the rich who have that attitude towards health care though. These fucksticks are voted in by someone, and no small amount of Trump supporters appear to come from much, much humbler origins.

Many of whom have been duped by dog-whistle appeals to magic man, guns and queers. All distractions to prevent them working out who is really screwing them.

When those distractions finally fail to work, however, it'll be bloody. I can foresee American Civil War II being a reality in the future. It's not a question of if, but when.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5794  Postby Fallible » May 05, 2017 11:41 am

Yes, I understand why they vote Republican. I was correcting the idea that it's only the rich who vote against UHC.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5795  Postby Animavore » May 05, 2017 11:42 am

A lot of those duped into voting against themselves were whipped into a frenzy by the likes of Fox News into the evils of Obamacare while not realising the that Obamcare is a derogatory name for the ACA that they were using.

This really illustrates it, but I've seen it in comments and interviews with Trump supporters who didn't realise this is what he was going after.

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5796  Postby The_Piper » May 05, 2017 11:57 am

Yeah notice they mention Glenn Beck. Right wing radio shares a lot of the blame. Rush Limbaugh and Howie Carr talking about death panels and shit. Probably Hannity too, but I can't bear to listen to him for more than a few seconds anymore. Mark Levin. Etc. All complete scum bags. Even if they don't believe what they say and are just doing it for money, that would just make them even more complete scum bags.
Fallible wrote:Are these fucksticks really so selfish that they would begrudge people health care? Apparently they are. Unbelievable.

Yes and yes. :nono:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5797  Postby Spinozasgalt » May 05, 2017 12:48 pm

A member of a group I'm in online reckons that because rape falls into this preexisting condition thing that reporting an instance of rape would cause the victim to lose their insurance. That can't be right.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#5798  Postby The_Piper » May 05, 2017 1:20 pm

I heard that some insurance companies used to raise premiums on people who reported being raped, presumably because they'd have to pay the hospital bill if it happened again. :crazy:
I think it was somewhere in this 27 minute video, or the one from May 3.
It's a good video though, I watch these every night. :)
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5799  Postby zulumoose » May 05, 2017 2:13 pm

The_Piper wrote:I heard that some insurance companies used to raise premiums on people who reported being raped, presumably because they'd have to pay the hospital bill if it happened again. :crazy:

Maybe I have a distorted view, living in Africa and all, but here the major risk concerning rape is AIDS, I doubt if there are stats available, but your average rapist is likely to have a very much higher risk of all STD's than your average person, also they don't use condoms, and rape is both sudden and violent, so risk of infection may be exponentially higher due to internal injury. Another risk (from a cost perspective) is the increased likelihood of depression/self harm/alcoholism and every other negative possibility that one could sink to after a major traumatic event.

I know it's a horrible attitude, but looking at the potential medical costs associated with a rape victim I can see how it could easily become a very expensive factor that could not realistically be ignored by number crunchers.
zulumoose

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#5800  Postby Animavore » May 05, 2017 2:28 pm

Trump admits universal healthcare is better than what America has.

https://www.google.ie/amp/amp.timeinc.n ... urce%3Ddam

:picard:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs