Republican Watch

People who say "Democrats are as bad as Republicans" are almost as bad as Republicans.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Republican Watch

#481  Postby Cito di Pense » Feb 03, 2019 5:44 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
On this 'Lifeboat for the Rational Mind' forum. Sorry, but I'd believe that Dorothy and Toto are living in Kansas before I'll ever see this leftist forum criticize the Demonrats. :lol:

Troll better, SP. You still avoid presenting reasons to prefer Republicanism.

When you went back to Jebus, you went the whole fucking way, didn't ya?
Last edited by Cito di Pense on Feb 03, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Amir Bagatelle
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#482  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 03, 2019 5:49 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:Sorry, but I'd believe that Dorothy and Toto are living in Kansas before I'll ever see this leftist forum criticize the Demonrats. :lol:

That would require you to actually read, which we've seen from your last few posts isn't your thing. You can't even be bothered to read what's in your own posts :lol:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#483  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Feb 03, 2019 5:54 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
Agi Hammerthief wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:
When you have even a clue of the chain of events/apologies/how he changed stories (many times) etc., please let me know.

‘cause right now you’re just whistling dixie. :whistle:

and still you are whatabouting a democrat in the Republican Watch thread.

It's in the sub-header of the thread.

Republican Watch
People who say "Democrats are as bad as Republicans" are almost as bad as Republicans.

well then you are spot on.
you dig up the worst democrats and they sill pale compared to the standard republican. :coffee:
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#484  Postby Alan C » Feb 03, 2019 6:07 pm

It took a while for the GOP to do anything about Steve King.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#485  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 03, 2019 6:26 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:
On this 'Lifeboat for the Rational Mind' forum. Sorry, but I'd believe that Dorothy and Toto are living in Kansas before I'll ever see this leftist forum criticize the Demonrats. :lol:

Troll better, SP. You still avoid presenting reasons to prefer Republicanism.

When you went back to Jebus, you went the whole fucking way, didn't ya?

It's super funny to see him complain that folks on the left will never criticize democrats when he's never said a single word against his party and dear leader, even when they do things that he apparently opposes :lol: I mean, the appeal is totally understandable. What better way to gloss over one's own hypocrisy by trying to point it out in someone else? That's the biggest appeal of Republicanism these days, it seems -- all the angst without any of the self-awareness. I see why the incel community is so enthralled.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#486  Postby felltoearth » Feb 03, 2019 6:29 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:Sorry, but I'd believe that Dorothy and Toto are living in Kansas before I'll ever see this leftist forum criticize the Demonrats. :lol:

Some of the most fierce debate here about Hillary and Bernie Saunders was during the primaries and subsequent election. Your assertion is completely baseless.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#487  Postby willhud9 » Feb 03, 2019 7:00 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
Seabass wrote: :lol: The Republican Party, always lookin' out for the little guy...

Top GOP senators propose repealing estate tax, which is expected to be paid by fewer than 2,000 Americans a year
https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2019/01/28/top-gop-senators-propose-repealing-estate-tax-which-is-expected-be-paid-by-fewer-than-americans-year

Well at least the Democrats are lookin' out for... ah, :ask:

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam apologized on Friday for appearing in a "clearly racist and offensive" costume in his 1984 medical school yearbook. The photo shows a person wearing blackface standing next to another person wearing a Ku Klux Klan robe.

Criticism from the right and left mounted Friday night, including calls for the governor to resign.

Northam, a Democrat, said in a statement: "I am deeply sorry for the decision I made to appear as I did in this photo and for the hurt that decision caused then and now."

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/02/02/calls-for-resignation-virginia-governor-apologizes-racist-yearbook-photo

How about actually talking to the only Virginian on this forum who has been following this closely for the past couple days.

Governor Ralph Northam after fiercely defending the rights for Women to have abortions up til term all of a sudden finds himself on the defensive from both the left and the right due to a yearbook picture 35 years ago. The picture was not breaking the law, but was offensive and distasteful.

I’ve been hyper critical of both the left and the right on their handling of this situation. I saw this as an obvious whistleblowing attempt from the right to discredit Governor Northam. The left jumped on it and seek to crucify Northam to bury the hatchet instead of making the mature and more reasonable decision to accept that people can drastically change in 35 years and that Northam’s recent actions including running with our LT Governor Fairfax who is a black Virginian are clear signs Northam is not currently a racist.

But what I find mind boggling laughable are the the Republicans who are gleeful about this while defending the racist piece of shit residing in the Oval Office.

So there you go SP. a Virginian Democrat weighs in on the matter. Your point?
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#488  Postby Skinny Puppy » Feb 05, 2019 12:36 am

willhud9 wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:
Seabass wrote: :lol: The Republican Party, always lookin' out for the little guy...

Top GOP senators propose repealing estate tax, which is expected to be paid by fewer than 2,000 Americans a year
https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2019/01/28/top-gop-senators-propose-repealing-estate-tax-which-is-expected-be-paid-by-fewer-than-americans-year

Well at least the Democrats are lookin' out for... ah, :ask:

Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam apologized on Friday for appearing in a "clearly racist and offensive" costume in his 1984 medical school yearbook. The photo shows a person wearing blackface standing next to another person wearing a Ku Klux Klan robe.

Criticism from the right and left mounted Friday night, including calls for the governor to resign.

Northam, a Democrat, said in a statement: "I am deeply sorry for the decision I made to appear as I did in this photo and for the hurt that decision caused then and now."

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/02/02/calls-for-resignation-virginia-governor-apologizes-racist-yearbook-photo

How about actually talking to the only Virginian on this forum who has been following this closely for the past couple days.

Governor Ralph Northam after fiercely defending the rights for Women to have abortions up til term all of a sudden finds himself on the defensive from both the left and the right due to a yearbook picture 35 years ago. The picture was not breaking the law, but was offensive and distasteful.

I’ve been hyper critical of both the left and the right on their handling of this situation. I saw this as an obvious whistleblowing attempt from the right to discredit Governor Northam. The left jumped on it and seek to crucify Northam to bury the hatchet instead of making the mature and more reasonable decision to accept that people can drastically change in 35 years and that Northam’s recent actions including running with our LT Governor Fairfax who is a black Virginian are clear signs Northam is not currently a racist.

But what I find mind boggling laughable are the the Republicans who are gleeful about this while defending the racist piece of shit residing in the Oval Office.

So there you go SP. a Virginian Democrat weighs in on the matter. Your point?

Dr. Steve Turley says it better than I can.

Oh yeah,

and that Northam’s recent actions including running with our LT Governor Fairfax who is a black Virginian are clear signs Northam is not currently a racist.

Where have I heard something like that before :ask:

I can't be racist I have a black friend... or,

I can't be anti Semitic my best friend is a Jew.

Which is always rejected by the left.

Just one more thing.

I think that the real racist piece of shit is living in the Governor's Mansion in Virginia.

Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#489  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 05, 2019 12:53 am

Awwww that's so cute, he thinks he's good at trolling :lol:
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#490  Postby Skinny Puppy » Feb 05, 2019 12:57 am

Let the Excedrin do its work. :lol:
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#491  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 05, 2019 1:12 am

I can tell you think you said something that makes sense, what you actually meant is anyone's guess :lol:
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#492  Postby Skinny Puppy » Feb 05, 2019 1:22 am

Watch the Larry Sanders show and all will be revealed. :thumbup:
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#493  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 05, 2019 1:53 am

Or you could just, k'now, say stuff that makes sense without someone having to watch some random-ass show.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#494  Postby willhud9 » Feb 05, 2019 3:50 am

So SP is actually unable to respond to my post except through a nuh-uh.

The whole fucking thing is a goddamn mess.

The fact Republicans are trying to draw parallels with Northam and Kavanaugh is logically laughable. Being in a racist photo doesn’t violate a law. Sexual assaulting someone does.

The fact that Democrats are quick to call for Northam’s resignation is saddening and just goes to show how weak and divided the party actually is.

Truth be told I want Northam to stay put as governor. I voted for him. He has been a good governor. But the fact remains people cannot actually separate themselves emotionally from the situation and thus are all flinging personalizations around.
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#495  Postby Skinny Puppy » Feb 05, 2019 7:37 am

willhud9 wrote:So SP is actually unable to respond to my post except through a nuh-uh.

The fact Republicans are trying to draw parallels with Northam and Kavanaugh is logically laughable. Being in a racist photo doesn’t violate a law. Sexual assaulting someone does.

The fact that Democrats are quick to call for Northam’s resignation is saddening and just goes to show how weak and divided the party actually is.

Truth be told I want Northam to stay put as governor. I voted for him. He has been a good governor. But the fact remains people cannot actually separate themselves emotionally from the situation and thus are all flinging personalizations around.

This just gets better and better.

Washington Post: Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax denies
sex assault allegation from 2004, described the
encounter as consensual

https://www.richmond.com/washingtonpost/washington-post-virginia-lt-gov-justin-fairfax-denies-sex-assault/article_1c53e43c-b578-5635-87e9-9d6ec499e50d.html
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#496  Postby Hermit » Feb 05, 2019 7:49 am

Skinny Puppy wrote:This just gets better and better.

encounter as consensual

https://www.richmond.com/washingtonpost/washington-post-virginia-lt-gov-justin-fairfax-denies-sex-assault/article_1c53e43c-b578-5635-87e9-9d6ec499e50d.html

Skinny Puppy, did I read you right? Do you really regard more sex victims as something getting better and better? Hoping it's not an unfounded allegation?
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#497  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Feb 05, 2019 9:35 am

that might have been sarcasm.
not so sure since Trumps and Kavanaughs sex assault allegations didn‘t seem to bother him.
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#498  Postby willhud9 » Feb 05, 2019 9:58 am

Skinny Puppy wrote:
willhud9 wrote:So SP is actually unable to respond to my post except through a nuh-uh.

This just gets better and better.

encounter as consensual

Yes I’m aware of the allegations and no I don’t believe them. There is nothing at the moment suggesting they are anything but yellow journalism to discredit the Democratic Party and weaken the party’s resolve.

I, unlike you, actually take a serious and reasoned approach to the politics happening in my state. So if you could actually stop trying to misrepresent or spin stories to fit your narrative you might actually get somewhere. Otherwise your vapid attempts at trying to form a coherent argument call flat again and again.
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#499  Postby The_Piper » Feb 05, 2019 11:21 am

What about Steve King. What about Roy Moore. What about Jews will not replace us. What about Donald and Fred Trump. What about go piss up a rope.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#500  Postby The_Piper » Feb 05, 2019 11:29 am

Oops. :shifty: More coffee neederderd.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs